Available by cell phone
Santa Rosa
990 Sonoma Ave
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
707-523-1768
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Peter Uzelac to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Marin Fertility to a friend?
2016 - 2019
I think Dr. Uzelac is super smart. I got the sense that he has a solution to propose for basically every scenario. He patiently answered my questions (and there were many), and I felt that he remembered at least the essentials of my case every time I came in. I have realized this is no easy feat because it's a lot of repetitive appointments for these professionals...Decreased Gonal-F at some point because there were so many follicles. 27 eggs were retrieved, 23 mature. All 23 fertilized with ICSI. 16 made it to day 5 and were frozen. No PGS. We transferred 2 embryos in a subsequent FET which yielded healthy fraternal twins born @ 38 weeks. We later did PGS testing for half of the remaining frozen embryos and transferred one normal embryo which resulted in a current pregnancy.
2016 - 2019
How was your experience with Peter Uzelac at Marin Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Uzelac at Marin Fertility?
I had all of my questions answered, even the tedious ones. Dr. Uzelac went along with my preference to do a natural frozen embryo transfer with my second pregnancy even though I sensed he preferred the predictability of a medicated cycle. I also felt the office helped me to be cost-conscious. Dr. Uzelac recommended a 'mini-IVF' with lower hormones and a lower price tag which actually yielded a ton of eggs and normal embryos.
Describe the protocols Peter Uzelac used in your cycles at Marin Fertility and their degree of success.
Mini (or I think the practice may refer to it as "moderate") IVF with ICSI for male factor infertility. One week of Gonal-F 150, Menopur 75, and Clomid. Went off of Clomid because it was causing vision changes. Decreased Gonal-F at some point because there were so many follicles. 27 eggs were retrieved, 23 mature. All 23 fertilized with ICSI. 16 made it to day 5 and were frozen. No PGS. We transferred 2 embryos in a subsequent FET which yielded healthy fraternal twins born @ 38 weeks. We later did PGS testing for half of the remaining frozen embryos and transferred one normal embryo which resulted in a current pregnancy.
There were two different sets of nursing staff for my IVF/first FET and my second FET and they both seemed great. Soraya was super helpful during the first processes and Lia VonderAhe was very helpful for the second.
Describe your experience with Marin Fertility.
I think Marin Fertility Center is great. I have 2 awesome kiddos and another on the way from my experience with them. The only "weakness" I would relay is that sometimes I did have to call or email to follow up with them or get non-urgent test results, but I think being active in your role as patient is something anyone going through IVF should expect.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Uzelac at Marin Fertility.
Mini-IVF was around $10,500; each FET was about $3,000; PGS was about $8,000; medications all-in, probably around $5,000- $6,000
Describe Peter Uzelac's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Marin Fertility.
He encouraged us to do a single embryo transfer and warned us about the risk of twins, however, he told us that it was our choice. In the end, we elected to transfer 2 embryos because we hadn't done PGS testing. The resultant pregnancy yielded healthy, full-term twins but made me keenly aware of all the risks and pitfalls of multiple pregnancies We elected to do PGS and transfer only one embryo for our second pregnancy. My experience is that Dr. Uzelac definitely encourages eSET, but respects the patient(s)' wishes regarding embryo transfers.
Greenbrae

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Peter Uzelac at Marin Fertility.

Dr. Uzelac gave a very good impression at our initial consultation. He was nice, and explained things in a patient, but not condescending, way. We did not mind traveling 2.5 hours each way for our appointment, because we knew that at each appointment, we would be taken care of...We began our treatment by doing an ultrasound. By doing this, and by going over our medical/fertility history, Dr. Uzelac saw I was a good candidate for InvoCell, which is the reason we went to him in the first place.
How was your experience with Peter Uzelac at Marin Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Uzelac at Marin Fertility?
The one piece of advice I would have a prospective patient would simply be, to be patient. The process is long and tedious, but Dr. Uzelac helped us by explaining everything and being patient with us.
Dr. Uzelac always remembered details about us, like how we were traveling from far away to the clinic, and seemed to take into into consideration when planning future treatments and appointments.
We began our treatment by doing an ultrasound. By doing this, and by going over our medical/fertility history, Dr. Uzelac saw I was a good candidate for InvoCell, which is the reason we went to him in the first place. The first thing that was done, was I was put on birth control for a month. We were told this would keep me from ovulating, in order to create a "stock pile" of eggs for the retrieval. After a month of birth control, I was put on medication like Gonal F and Menopur for a week. After a week, I was given the trigger shot, then we went in for the egg retrieval. After this, the InvoCell was placed in me for a few days, then we returned for it to be removed. Once this was done, I was put on estradiol for 2 weeks. After this, vaginal progesterone was added. After about another week of this, we went in for our transfer. The FET was done, and although I did get a positive pregnancy test, I ended up miscarrying a few weeks later. After this, Dr. Uzelac was patient and compassionate with us, and we waited to try again. When we went in about a month later to try a second cycle, we found that I had some tissue in my uterus that needed to be removed before we would try again. I had that done with my primary OBGYN, then when we went in for a third time to get a cycle done. Dr. Uzelac gave us the green light to try another cycle, and this time he adjusted my medication to include intramuscular injections of progesterone, along with the vaginal progesterone and estradiol. We had our second cycle, and got a positive pregnancy test. At our first appointment after the positive test result, Dr. Uzelac performed an ultrasound and we got to hear the heartbeat. WIth this, we "graduated" from the clinic and we then began seeing my regular OBGYN.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Marin Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lia)
Everyone at the clinic was very nice, patient and compassionate. Getting my blood drawn, getting the results, returning phone calls and emails; everyone we worked with was always gentle both physically (with the blood draws) and verbally, with delivering information.
Describe your experience with Marin Fertility.
No weaknesses come to mind in regards to this clinic. Their strengths are that they were organized, used the latest technology, and were compassionate in everything they did. They were all very personable and friendly with us.
The invoCell package was around 12 thousand. With our second transfer, because it wasn't the full package, it was around $3,500. The post-transfer ultrasounds were not part of the package, and were $360. We also had to pay around $420 for each saline infusion sonogram, of which we had two done.
We initially wanted to transfer 3 embryos, because after so many failed IUI's, we were afraid of another failed treatment. Dr. Uzelac explained that due to my age, transferring in 3 embryos would be very risky, given the chances of having multiples. He suggested transferring 2 would be better, although the chance of multiples is still there, but not as high. Based on this, we agreed on two.
Greenbrae

I didn’t receive enough information about my case [from Dr. Uzelac] , I feel the Ivf protocol wasn’t specialized for me , I had 2 medications cycle with them and all the medications was the same as the first cycle and I asked few times if they’re going to do any changes to the medications , I never get the clear answer They retrieved 4 eggs and 1 of them got fertilized and end up No embryos... After our IVF cycle failed we had a appointment and the dr went over all the options we have I felt like why before we started the IVF I didn’t get these information after I wast lots of money and time
How was your experience with Peter Uzelac at Marin Fertility?
I feel like the IVF cycle was not specialized for me and was not clear on the procedure and why they didn’t change the proton on the second round of medications After our IVF cycle failed we had a appointment and the dr went over all the options we have I felt like why before we started the IVF I didn’t get these information after I wast lots of money and time
Ask as much as questions they can because they will not explain all the fact and risk about your case
I didn’t receive enough information about my case , I feel the Ivf protocol wasn’t specialized for me , I had 2 medications cycle with them and all the medications was the same as the first cycle and I asked few times if they’re going to do any changes to the medications , I never get the clear answer They retrieved 4 eggs and 1 of them got fertilized and end up No embryos
I wasn’t helpful, I had two cycle of medications and both are quite the same , they got 4 eggs and one of them fertilized and the only reason they said my overian reserves are diminished
Describe your experience with your nurse at Marin Fertility.
She responded to my email and concerns in few hours and mostly were very nice
Describe your experience with Marin Fertility.
It was a clean facility , i feel like they place is kind of small since they’re doing all the procedure and inside lab at the same office but overalls was nice and clean and didn’t have any issues with it
They have preferences on transfer of one embryo
Greenbrae
Dr. Uzelac's strengths were that he listened to my concerns, and explained processes if I asked how things worked. DR. Uzelac did not explain processes until I specifically asked. He did not provide me with actual test result information unless I asked.... I was on an antagonist protocol. Started the cycle with birth control pills. Then Started injections of 225 Gonal F and 75 Menopur; added Cetrotide on day 6. Total stimulation for 8 days. Retrieved 6 eggs, all fertilized. Only 1 made to 5 day blast. Tested abnormal for PGS. No embryos were transferred.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
How was your experience with Peter Uzelac at Marin Fertility?
Have a discussion about your financial situation so you can all be on the same page about what kind of procedures to follow
I found Dr Uzelac to be warm yet very focused on the task at hand
Describe your experience with Marin Fertility.
The clinic has an onsite embryology lab, which is great.
IVF Cycle: $10,225 Labs: $7,765 ICSI, Blast culture, Biopsy up to 8 embryos, freeze, store 1 year, 1 FET Embryo Biopsy Analysis $1875 Analysis of 8 embryos, $185 ea after Sperm Services $800 Sperm ID, Sperm Freeze Total: $20,665
What specific things went wrong at Marin Fertility?
Greenbrae

He [Dr Uzelac] is a realistic optimist. He didn't sugar coat anything but I always felt encouraged. He is excellent at egg retrieval and transfer ( never had any problems or pain). Very knowledgable and open to discussing all treatment options. Not a big believer in immune treatment. Very pro- pgd or pgd testing and frozen transfer but does not push it on you.
How was your experience with Peter Uzelac at Marin Fertility?
He is a realistic optimist. He didn't sugar coat anything but I always felt encouraged. He is excellent at egg retrieval and transfer ( never had any problems or pain). Very knowledgable and open to discussing all treatment options. Not a big believer in immune treatment. Very pro- pgd or pgd testing and frozen transfer but does not push it on you.
Go to each appt with a list of questions.
He was very caring and accessible. He has a warmth about him that is comforting. He always acted like he had all the time in the world to discuss my care.
I used agonist protocol with 350 follistim, 150 Menopur and adding in HGH.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Marin Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tina)
They are all very friendly and warm. Tina has a lot of patients she is juggling and sometimes I could feel that.
Describe your experience with Marin Fertility.
Clean, professional and never too crowded. You don't have much of a wait everytime you go
An ivf round with icsi was about 14k