South Jersey Fertility Center

Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolWash U. St. Louis
609-813-2192
400 Lippincott Drive
Marlton, NJ 08053
856-596-2241
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Peter Van Deerlin to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend South Jersey Fertility Center to a friend?
I loved Dr. VanDeerlin. Super sweet and loves to help ease the stress by making you laugh. I did not see him super often because there are about 5 doctors at this practice who rotate locations. I guess if I would have requested to see him every visit, that could have happened...Prepare yourself to see and deal with all of his colleagues. I loved Dr. VanDeerlin and wished I would have solely got to deal with him only.
How was your experience with Peter Van Deerlin at South Jersey Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Van Deerlin at South Jersey Fertility Center?
This is why I left SJ Fertility. The nurses who return your call (you always have to leave a message for them)..have no compassion. My first uneasy experience was when I needed a break from fertility meds, fertility costs, etc. I tried some cycles with Femara but once they resulted in negative pregnancy test, I needed time off. I am guessing I should have made the nurses aware? SJFert put me on a thyroid medication quite some time ago. It would always get refilled on its on. Well one day my pharmacy calls me and says I need to call my doc bc my prescription stopped. So I called them and she says “well we haven't heard from you in so long that you now need to get that through your primary doctor.” No problem at all, but please give me a call and tell me that is how you guys roll. So I went without that meds for weeks because of course I needed to make an appt with my primary, get the blookwork done and then my prescription would continue. The next and final straw was during my little break I was taking, I began bleeding. Sorry TMI. But I called SJ Fert and that same nurse returned my call and said AGAIN, “we havent seen you in so long so you’d need to call your OB.” If I skip visits with my primary doctor and give him a call, he NEVER reminds me that he hasnt seen me in so long and instantly redirects me. Like I felt like she kept blowing me off bc I was no longer spending $40 to walk in the office weekly (an hour drive by the way). So although the staff have a tremendous amount of compassion for your situation, the nurse who calls patients back could care less. Or maybe she just treated me that way, who knows.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
Front desk operator and medical assistants are amazing! Office stays clean and I rarely ever had to wait. I mainly visited the Sewell office. I went to Marlton a few times and had a small wait but it was a Saturday ans they are th only office open that day so it was to be expected.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Van Deerlin at South Jersey Fertility Center.
$40 was my copay. Monitored cycles used to be $320 not including meds and shots. They are now $500
Sewell
2005 - 2012
The first IVF resulted in pregnancy, however, my progesterone was low. I wish he [Dr. Peter Van Deerlin] had been more aggressive about helping to get my progesterone levels higher. Along those lines, I felt that my protocol should have changed after my first cycle did not produce very many eggs despite a large number of follicles. He was pretty resistant to trying other protocols....The clinic [South Jersey Fertility Center] was beginning to become very large. I am sure had I continued treatment there I would not have been happy with how patients were beginning to be herded in and out to accommodate a number of people.
2005 - 2012
This was quite a long time ago. The first IVF resulted in pregnancy, however, my progesterone was low. I wish he had been more aggressive about helping to get my progesterone levels higher. Along those lines, I felt that my protocol should have changed after my first cycle did not produce very many eggs despite a large number of follicles. He was pretty resistant to trying other protocols.
Do your homework and be proactive about what you want from the clinic.
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
The clinic was beginning to become very large. I am sure had I continued treatment there I would not have been happy with how patients were beginning to be herded in and out to accommodate a number of people.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Dr. Van Deerlin was kind, positive, knew my name and history, and was always careful to explain any answers fully, and give detailed explanations of procedures....As an IVF patient, I was a "regular" visit to the Center, and all of the nurses were very positive and supportive with my care.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Van Deerlin at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Medication per IVF cycle was $14000.