Good

4244 Riverwalk Pkwy
Riverside, CA 92505
951.352.0202

1 patient review filtered by:

We initially went to him [Dr. Peymen Sadaat] because of his high success rate, however upon further research, I believe his success rate is due to the fact that he is willing to transfer high numbers of embryos (more than 2-3) and do selective fetal reduction...When we asked what his plan would be moving forward he suggested going back to my original protocol- which didn't give me a good response either. When he said that I knew he wasn't motivated to find us a protocol that would be right for us, but just wanted to run us through cycles... told me that because I was anxious I wouldn't get a good response.
I have concerns about the way in which they [Reproductive Fertility Center] label the eggs and embryos. When I asked them about it so they could explain their process I was told to not worry about it and that I must "watch too much 60 minutes" if I am concerned about mislabeling the eggs after retrieval...I was extremely anxious regarding my egg retrieval and was desperately needing reassurance. The nurses were not kind or compassionate. I mentioned this to Dr. Saadat who told me that it was because I "made everyone anxious" by being anxious myself...One of the medical staff members lost my husband's urine sample for STI testing and they never acknowledged the mistake or apologized, even though I had to drive into the clinic to bring another sample.
How was your experience with Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility?
We switched to Dr. Saadat after a failed cycle with another doctor. He started off great with a new protocol that he believed would improve the number of eggs retrieved. It failed to do so. When we asked what his plan would be moving forward he suggested going back to my original protocol- which didn't give me a good response either. When he said that I knew he wasn't motivated to find us a protocol that would be right for us, but just wanted to run us through cycles. He blamed me for a lot of things that went wrong during the cycle- told me that because I was anxious I wouldn't get a good response. When our transfer failed to produce a positive pregnancy test he asked me if I had been constipated and if I had "strained" during my TWW--- again, blaming me for the failure, even though we all know that wouldn't cause an embryo not to implant! We initially went to him because of his high success rate, however upon further research, I believe his success rate is due to the fact that he is willing to transfer high numbers of embryos (more than 2-3) and do selective fetal reduction.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility?
Do not go to this doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility?
I didn't feel like I was treated like a number or a human. I felt that I was treated like an inconvenience and that they had other patients they would have preferred to help.
Describe the protocols Peyman Saadat used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility and their degree of success.
We used a micro dose lupron flare protocol because we were told it would be beneficial with low ovarian reserve. I had a pretty poor response and the follicles didn't grow at the same rate. 6 were retrieved, 2 mature, 2 premature and 2 post mature. We also used human growth hormone (every other day) and tamoxifen (but I was never told why, even though I asked)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility.
The nursing staff seems to be very young and inexperienced. My primary nurse was not a great communicator, always sounded nervous when she called me, which in turn made me feel nervous about if things were on the right track. I would ask her to leave detailed messages with my actual lab results on my voicemail, instead I would get messages that said "everything looks good"- even though I repeatedly told her I wanted to know my numbers. Early in my cycle I was concerned my E2 levels weren't rising fast enough, based on my past experience with side effects I am pretty good at determining my if my E2 is rising or falling. When I told one of the nurses I wanted my E2 levels drawn because of the side effects I was experiencing she said "well did you read the consent forms, because those side effects are normal" It was really rude and didn't take into consideration any of my personal experience with these medications. (Turns out my E2 levels were rising but not nearly the amount they did with my past stimulation cycle) One of the medical staff members lost my husband's urine sample for STI testing and they never acknowledged the mistake or apologized, even though I had to drive into the clinic to bring another sample.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
This clinic is full of clients who are having second (or third or fourth babies) and there is no rule against bringing your children with you to your appointment. Most IVF clinics I have seen have signs that say "due to the delicate nature of our patients, please do not bring children with you to your appointment." Not so with this clinic! People bring their children of all ages (toddler to school age) to their appointments. When I mentioned it to the staff I was told "don't let it bother you." The clinic's strength is that there is an in-house acupuncturist and that he's pretty much the only one with any empathy. The surgery center used for retrievals and transfers is partially owned by Dr. Saadat and those nurses are not at all warm or friendly. I have concerns about the way in which they label the eggs and embryos. When I asked them about it so they could explain their process I was told to not worry about it and that I must "watch too much 60 minutes" if I am concerned about mislabeling the eggs after retrieval. They do not allow you to have a support person with you pre-op or post-op, which I have never, ever seen in any other surgical setting. I was extremely anxious regarding my egg retrieval and was desperately needing reassurance. The nurses were not kind or compassionate. I mentioned this to Dr. Saadat who told me that it was because I "made everyone anxious" by being anxious myself. This is not acceptable in my opinion- the nursing staff should be available to help calm patient's anxieties prior to a procedure, not blame the patient for being nervous.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peyman Saadat at Reproductive Fertility.
I was able to use partial insurance coverage for my cycle, however the entire billing situation was very confusing and I still am not certain what part we paid for.
Describe Peyman Saadat's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility.
From what I understand, if you're ok with selective fetal reduction, he'll transfer quite a few.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Fertility.
They lost my husband's urine sample for STI testing. Getting my records from them was a nightmare. I sent a release of information form for myself and my husband. At first they only sent me partial records for myself. I sent another request for my full records and my husbands records. Then they sent me more records, but they were scanned in upside down and running off the page. It took several requests for me to finally get all my husband's records and most of mine. I requested my intra-operative records multiple times and they failed to tell me that they don't keep intra-operative records in the clinic and that I needed to contact their surgical facility. I finally spoke to the clinic manager who was very defensive when I brought up the fact that I was concerned that records were upside down, running off the page, and incomplete. She said that they weren't "the ones being obnoxious" -meaning that I was being obnoxious by requesting full results that were scanned properly. And yes, she actually said the word "obnoxious".
Peyman Saadat