6.3

55 Francisco Street
San Francisco, CA 94133
415-834-3095

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Chenette is an absolutely compassionate physician and person in general. He is soft spoken, understanding and made me and husband feel like he genuinely cared about us and treating us. We never felt rushed with him. Never felt like we asked a “stupid” question, although I’m sure we did a time or two. He is very personable and caring. Not to mention extremely dedicated, educated and experience in his field.
The clinic (PFC) is busy ... Roughly 25k for all treatment and medication. ...Clinic is beautiful. It is located in SF so parking can be a hassle if you don’t give yourself a few minutes to park and walk a short distance. ... Our embryos were extensively tested, genetically. ... I had a say in all my treatments. I was given options, along with their strengths and weaknesses.
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Chenette is unequivocally the best fertility specialist. From his personal deamenor to his experience as a fertility specialist we believe there is no one better. We would go to him time and time again. We did extensive research and interviews with other fertility specialists before choosing to go with him and we are so grateful we did.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
The clinic (PFC) is busy and you may not get Dr. Chenette for every appointment if your schedule is not flexible. You will not regret choosing him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Philip Chenette used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had a say in all my treatments. I was given options, along with their strengths and weaknesses. Dr.Chenette was my advocate, he gave me the options and essentially let me chose what I wanted. I chose injectable cycles for both egg retrieval and FET due to the discussion my husband and I had with Dr. Chenette. He (Dr. Chenette) believed it would be the most likely to succeed. And it did.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Iris)
The “Dr. Chenette Care Team” was astonishing. Organized and always easy to get ahold of. I absolutely adore Iris (LVN).
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Clinic is beautiful. It is located in SF so parking can be a hassle if you don’t give yourself a few minutes to park and walk a short distance. There is a parking garage and street metered parking, none is reimbursed by clinic. Beautiful office with bay view.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center.
Roughly 25k for all treatment and medication.
Describe Philip Chenette's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Fertility Center.
We did an eSET FET. Our embryos were extensively tested, genetically. Once again Dr. Chenette went over the risks, pros and cons of eSET and multiple embryo transfer. He highly suggested for an eSET and we agreed.
San Francisco

Dr. Chenette is very caring, genuine and sympathetic. He spends time going over the procedure, what he is doing or will do and answers any and all questions. He is open to setting up 30 minute phone consults to answer questions. He is extremely thorough. There was only two times where I felt he could have been more sympathetic-- both times involved him explaining about men's sperm quality vs women's egg quality....Don't expect that he will be the one doing your procedure; it may be another doctor at the same clinic.
The clinic [Pacific Fert] is extremely organized. The facility is really nice and the nursing staff is great. One weakness is the clinical coordinator I was partnered with...The nurse was very helpful in answering all my questions. The nursing staff was great-- extremely friendly, helpful, and kind. I did not like my care coordinator, Laura Begay. She was always busy, all conversations felt rushed and she was not compassionate at all. There were numerous times I was at the office and wanted to meet her face to face, but she never once introduced herself to me in person and every time I asked the staff if she was available, she was too busy. Once her part is complete, she is quick to pass off other issues to other staff. She is very to the point and blunt and I wished many times she showed a little compassion to me.
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Chenette is very caring, genuine and sympathetic. He spends time going over the procedure, what he is doing or will do and answers any and all questions. He is open to setting up 30 minute phone consults to answer questions. He is extremely thorough. There was only two times where I felt he could have been more sympathetic-- both times involved him explaining about men's sperm quality vs women's egg quality. He seemed very pro-male, stating that the majority of the time the issue is in the women. Even if that is true, and I trust him, it doesn't sound great coming out. Also, after our first retrieval, he mentioned that my husband did a "great job" and made it seem like I didn't. I was overly sensitive at the time (extra hormones) and wished that he didn't say it like that but rather, be more sensitive in the way he phrased that comment. I know he means well. He is extremely genuine and overall a great doctor.
Don't expect that he will be the one doing your procedure; it may be another doctor at the same clinic. Ask a lot of questions because he is great at answering them.
Doctor Chenette is very caring and genuine. He speaks softly, remains calm and he spends times to explain things and answer questions.
First retrieval: 200 IU of Follistim; 150IU of Menopur; prenatal vitamin, HCG trigger shot and lupron two nights(?) before retrieval. Baseline ultrasound day 2 of cycle and Ultrasounds during the stim process. Second retrieval (in process): 200 IU of Follistim, Morning and evening 10 units of Lupron, .2ml LD hCG, prenatal vitamin and CoQ10 and DHEA.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
The clinic is extremely organized. The facility is really nice and the nursing staff is great. One weakness is the clinical coordinator I was partnered with. Her name is Laura Begay and she was not compassionate at all.
roughly $22K for the retrieval and around $3K for medication (1st time) second time: roughly $15K for retrieval and around $1500 for medication
Dr. Chenette is an advocate for single embryo transfer. He strongly discourages multiple embryo transfer

2013, Successful
...The rest of the staff was quite frustrating to work with. Our information was not passed correctly from one team member to the next and I found myself having to repeat myself in the same appointment and in one appointment after another.
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Chenette came highly recommended to me, so I had high hopes. In our initial meeting, he reassured us that our situation was common and there were lots of avenues we could go down to increase our chances of getting pregnant. I did want to try to be as "natural" as possible and not take drastic measures unless we had to, and I'm not sure that was totally respected. His team made a mistake putting together my schedule for when to take the Clomid, so the first time it didn't work. The second time was a slam dunk, so we were lucky enough not to have to take more extreme measures. The nurse assigned to our case was absolutely fantastic, but other than that I'd say Dr Chenette was just ok, and the rest of the staff was quite frustrating to work with. Our information was not passed correctly from one team member to the next and I found myself having to repeat myself in the same appointment and in one appointment after another.
Get a feel for the whole staff you'd be working with, not just Dr. Chenette.
I didn't feel like he adapted the conversation to me... as someone who didn't really want to go this route in the first place and was willing to take a bit more time to forgo taking drastic action, I don't think that changed Dr. Chenette's pitch.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sue Austin)
She was the only one on top of it. She emailed and called me often, apologized when the rest of the staff made mistakes and was generally a fantastic person to work with.
What specific things went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center.
One of the nurses, not our primary one, plotted my schedule incorrectly on the calendar and the first month of appointments and medication was a complete waste because I was advised to take the Clomid on the wrong day. There was no discount for the several hundred dollars spent and I had to go through it all again. I also had to explain my situations multiple times, as my updates didn't quite seem to make it into the notes.

2020, Unsuccessful
First tried an agonist for IVF cycle #1 [with Dr. Philip Chenette]...tried antagonist (with growth hormone and supplements) for IVF cycle #2...His surrounding team was good at frequent check ins. He did not hide negative information...Strengths: laying out all treatment options. Being available for additional consultations when we wanted them...Weaknesses: very quickly jumped to egg donation (which was at odds with what other providers recommended)
Nursing staff [at Pacific Fertility Center] was organized and quick to answer all questions (answered emails within minutes or hours)...Per cycle was around $16490 (medications separate)...Nice, clean setting. All the physicians seemed to be experts in the field, which is important because they rotate on call on the weekends. The surrounding admin and nursing staff were all extremely attentive and organized. They were quick to answer any questions that came up, and the physicians were always willing to do extra phone visits. Information was sometimes delivered bluntly, so a positive attitude is important.
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Strengths: laying out all treatment options. Being available for additional consultations when we wanted them Weaknesses: very quickly jumped to egg donation (which was at odds with what other providers recommended)
He is candid and is not afraid to give you information you may not want to hear, so it's important to bring your own positive attitude about treatment potential
First tried an agonist for IVF cycle #1 The tried antagonist (with growth hormone and supplements) for IVF cycle #2
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific Fertility Center.
Nursing staff was organized and quick to answer all questions (answered emails within minutes or hours)
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Per cycle was around $16490 (medications separate)
Strongly prefer multiple embryo transfer
San Francisco

Dr. Chenette has a very warm bedside manner. He is very calm, cool and collected. ... He made himself available for scheduled calls to go over my detailed questions. He was not condescending but he was extremely knowledgeable. ... Confident and calm. ... He made himself available for scheduled calls to go over questions we had. He sets all those around him at ease. He conducts his own ultrasounds personally.
The clinic [Pacific Fertility Center] is in a beautiful location overlooking the bay bridge and the office is beautifully appointed with calming music and an ocean view. ... The staff is very responsive. ... The rooms are very nice and even the music is tasteful. ... They have someone on call on the weekends. ... He [Dr. Chenette] conducts his own ultrasounds personally. ... Come prepared with whatever questions you might have
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
He was professional but warm, knowledgeable but not condescending. Confident and calm. We are still in progress with our treatment but I would recommend him. He made himself available for scheduled calls to go over questions we had. He sets all those around him at ease. He conducts his own ultrasounds personally.
Be yourself. Come prepared with whatever questions you might have because he will answer the openly. Bring as much of your family history As you can.
Dr. Chenette has a very warm bedside manner. He is very calm, cool and collected. He was referred to me by friends who also described him in the same way. He made himself available for scheduled calls to go over my detailed questions. He was not condescending but he was extremely knowledgeable.
We are mid-treatment, so I can’t go into great detail here
Still meeting them
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
The clinic is in a beautiful location overlooking the bay bridge and the office is beautifully appointed with calming music and an ocean view. The rooms are very nice and even the music is tasteful. The staff is very responsive. They have someone on call on the weekends.
We are mid treatment so I can’t fully say.
Not yet.

2013 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Chenette is very competent. The clinic generally tends to do single embryo transfers and counselled us against multi-embryo transfers. There were some billing issues, the counselor was a bit pushy for IVF, and we did feel like we were signed up for IVF before we had made the decision ourselves. But overall, the clinic provided adequate service...He was confident and competent...
The clinic [Pacific Fert Ctr SF] is busy. The embryologist and labs are top notch. The surgery center was well maintained. Some issues with record keeping and billing...Just make sure that you don't want to feel as if you're being pushed to IVF. You want to understand the risks as best as possible and want them to spend the time educating you as a patient as to the best treatments that give you the best possible chances of a healthy, single child with minimal risks to mother and child...
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
He was confident and competent.
Menopur, Follistim, single embryo transfers
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
The clinic is busy. The embryologist and labs are top notch. The surgery center was well maintained. Some issues with record keeping and billing.
Spent around $30K. IVF covered, additional costs include semen analysis, fertility drugs, embryo storage, genetic testing.
San Francisco

Set a great treatment plan that gave me 400 times better than expected results. Explained the process throroughly and provided a good summary of results at the end. The Dr [Chenette] was available through nurses to answer questions and was key to making my experience a good one...Don’t expect to see him on every visit, but know that he is available for questions and the other doctors on staff are also fantastic...I was on a moderate dose of menopur and follistim for 11 days. My trigger was a mixed lupron/hcg due to having a large number of follicles.
Clinic [Pacific Fertility Center] is well run and organized. They are open on weekends and easy to communicate with. Everything is well explained and the process went very smoothly for me from my visit visit to subsequent ones. I had zero problems getting appointments when I needed them...Smooth process, quick response to questions and easy scheduling...Full cost with all visits was approximately 21k... he [Dr. Chenette] is available for questions and the other doctors on staff are also fantastic.
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Set a great treatment plan that gave me 400 times better than expected results. Explained the process throroughly and provided a good summary of results at the end. The Dr was available through nurses to answer questions and was key to making my experience a good one.
Smooth process, quick response to questions and easy scheduling
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Clinic is well run and organized. They are open on weekends and easy to communicate with. Everything is well explained and the process went very smoothly for me from my visit visit to subsequent ones. I had zero problems getting appointments when I needed them.
Full cost with all visits was approximately 21k.

2012, 5 Eggs Frozen
Investor
He [Dr. Philip Chenette] started with very negative and scary data on our first visit (That has turned out to be debunked) And, one of the protocols ended in a cancelled cycle and I never had that happen on the 5 following ones. Also, the doctors after that were not impressed with the protocol he suggested for the 2nd round after the first one didn't meet his expectations. So, that concerned me too
He [Dr. Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center] started with very negative and scary data on our first visit (That has turned out to be debunked) And, one of the protocols ended in a cancelled cycle and I never had that happen on the 5 following ones. Also, the doctors after that were not impressed with the protocol he suggested for the 2nd round after the first one didn't meet his expectations. So, that concerned me too
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
He started with very negative and scary data on our first visit (That has turned out to be debunked) And, one of the protocols ended in a cancelled cycle and I never had that happen on the 5 following ones. Also, the doctors after that were not impressed with the protocol he suggested for the 2nd round after the first one didn't meet his expectations. So, that concerned me too
He knew who I was, so it wasn't quite like a number, but I didn't have the best rapport with him
FSH 240 and ganirelix for the first one. 7 eggs retrieved and 5 were frozen. (This was the best result I had from any protocol, but every doctor after that did more 'complex' ones.) Then a lupron pill for the 2nd attempt, which failed.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
High-end feel but I didn't get to see the same people a lot, and I still didn't felt a bit like a number

2011 - 2012, Successful
Investor
He gave me a candid assessment of my chances due to my age. He did not discourage me to pursue using my own eggs but he was very pragmatic about the statistical outcome.
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Concentrate on the end goal - having a baby, and let him suggest the best route to do obtain this given your history.
The doctor, front desk staff and nurses were always very professional and knew my name. When I was called to discuss pregnancy results the nurses were very thoughtful. When I had two embryo transfers that ended unsuccessfully Dr. Chenette called me to follow up and address any concerns.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific Fertility Center.
It is a very well run practice and they were all professional.
2013 - 2014, Successful
[Dr. Philip Chenette] will tailor a protocol based on his assessment of the patient...He has excellent bedside manners, made us feel at ease in this stressful process of IVF. In addition he is a very , patient an compassoniate doctor who is very knowledgable is his field with his many years of experience... Throughout the process, Dr. Chenette, was always available for our needs, and always very patient, compassionate and knowledgable.
She [nurse at Pacific Fertility Center] is really helpful and always a step ahead... is a very nice facility. It does not seem like a fertility clinic when you walk in. Very good ambience, friendly staff. The location is great.When you look out the window, of the office, there is a beautiful view of the bay, it will help ease your mind off of the stressful process of IVF. The office staff , coordinators, RN's, MD's are all awewome!...
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
IVF itself is a very stressful process. Throughout the process, Dr. Chenette, was always available for our needs, and always very patient, compassionate and knowledgable. In addition he has excellent bedside manners and of course, a very high success rate! :)
His positve attitude and knowledge in the field will bring you success.
Dr. Chenette will tailor a protocol based on his assessment of the patient
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sue)
She is really helpful and always a step ahead
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
PFC is a very nice facility. It does not seem like a fertility clinic when you walk in. Very good ambience, friendly staff. The location is great.When you look out the window, of the office, there is a beautiful view of the bay, it will help ease your mind off of the stressful process of IVF. The office staff , coordinators, RN's, MD's are all awewome!
IVF itself is a very expensive process. I suggest to check with your insurance to see if there is any coverage