6.1

Philip Chenette works at

55 Francisco Street
San Francisco, CA 94133
415-834-3095

Set a great treatment plan that gave me 400 times better than expected results. Explained the process throroughly and provided a good summary of results at the end. The Dr [Chenette] was available through nurses to answer questions and was key to making my experience a good one...Don’t expect to see him on every visit, but know that he is available for questions and the other doctors on staff are also fantastic...I was on a moderate dose of menopur and follistim for 11 days. My trigger was a mixed lupron/hcg due to having a large number of follicles.
Clinic [Pacific Fertility Center] is well run and organized. They are open on weekends and easy to communicate with. Everything is well explained and the process went very smoothly for me from my visit visit to subsequent ones. I had zero problems getting appointments when I needed them...Smooth process, quick response to questions and easy scheduling...Full cost with all visits was approximately 21k... he [Dr. Chenette] is available for questions and the other doctors on staff are also fantastic.
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Set a great treatment plan that gave me 400 times better than expected results. Explained the process throroughly and provided a good summary of results at the end. The Dr was available through nurses to answer questions and was key to making my experience a good one.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Smooth process, quick response to questions and easy scheduling
Describe the protocols Philip Chenette used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Clinic is well run and organized. They are open on weekends and easy to communicate with. Everything is well explained and the process went very smoothly for me from my visit visit to subsequent ones. I had zero problems getting appointments when I needed them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center.
Full cost with all visits was approximately 21k.

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Chenette was very forward but also compassionate when we first met with him during our initial consultation. My partner and I were both young and that point and were not necessarily ready to start treatment right away. We explained that to [him] and he was not aggressive towards us at all...I was than given letrozole to take on cd 3 to 7, went in for ultrasounds about twice during my ovulation phase and than gave myself the ovation trigger shot. During my two week wait I was given a progesterone suppository to take nightly
Most of the communication I had was actually through them [Pacific Fertility Center nurses]. They would provide with me charts to remember when to take my medication, what time to take certain tests and were also very compassionate with my loss...The team was very helpful in coordinating with my insurance and explaining the costs and also helped me find the best deal for out of pocket expenses.
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Chenette was very forward but also compassionate when we first met with him during our initial consultation. My partner and I were both young and that point and were not necessarily ready to start treatment right away. We explained that to the Dr. and he was not aggressive towards us at all. We decided to start treatment about 6 months after our initial visit and he was there to greet us and explained everything in detail. Being that it was our first time going through fertility treatment we had so many questions and he never hesitated to answer any of them. Our first round of IUI treatment did not work and he changed my dosage of medication to have a better chance next time. When we experienced the pre term/stillbirth of our son we were heart broken. Dr. Chenette reached out to us and let us know how sorry he was for us. When we decided we wanted to try again he made sure that we were ready not only physically but mentally as well.
If you have any questions beforehand, make sure to write them down and bring them with you to your appointment to get as much information as you can before starting treatment.
The doctors and nurses bedside manner was so warm. On my first positive pregnancy I was on edge and constantly asking questions and they were always quick to respond and make me feel so comfortable
I was first prescribed progesterone to jumpstart my period. I was than given letrozole to take on cd 3 to 7, went in for ultrasounds about twice during my ovulation phase and than gave myself the ovation trigger shot. During my two week wait I was given a progesterone suppository to take nightly. This first cycle ended in a negative test and the Dr. increased my dosage for letrozole for the next cycle. Same procedure was followed and this cycle resulted in a positive pregnancy test. I unfortunately lost my son at 21 weeks this cycle. After about 3 months of my son passing, we began trying again with the same procedure. The first cycle was a negative test and the next 2 cycles were positive but not ended in early miscarriages.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was just as great as Dr. Chenette. Most of the communication I had was actually through them. They would provide with me charts to remember when to take my medication, what time to take certain tests and were also very compassionate with my loss. I remember on my first visit back to to the office after my loss, they had a huge bouquet of beautiful flowers for me. This simple gesture showed how compassionate they are as a team.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
My husn=band and I had gone to many different clinics for consultations and ultimately decided on Pacific fertility center because of all the great qualities they had. This included the dr, the nurses and all staff. The location was great as well. Although it was by the Embarcadero in san Francisco, public transportation was available and very close by. I honestly cannot think of anything negative to say about the clinic, although unfortunately I was not able to have a live birth, I do not believe it has anything to do with the clinic or the team. I expressed to them after my last miscarriage that my husband and I would be taking a break from any treatment for a while and they were very understanding and made sure that I would be welcome when I decided to try again.
I was fortunate to have some of my expenses covered through my insurance. For each ultrasound appointment I believe I paid about $300. Most of my medication was a covered by insurance as well. I did have to pay out of pocket for the trigger shot which cost about $150. The team was very helpful in coordinating with my insurance and explaining the costs and also helped me find the best deal for out of pocket expenses.

2013 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Chenette is very competent. The clinic generally tends to do single embryo transfers and counselled us against multi-embryo transfers. There were some billing issues, the counselor was a bit pushy for IVF, and we did feel like we were signed up for IVF before we had made the decision ourselves. But overall, the clinic provided adequate service...He was confident and competent...
The clinic [Pacific Fert Ctr SF] is busy. The embryologist and labs are top notch. The surgery center was well maintained. Some issues with record keeping and billing...Just make sure that you don't want to feel as if you're being pushed to IVF. You want to understand the risks as best as possible and want them to spend the time educating you as a patient as to the best treatments that give you the best possible chances of a healthy, single child with minimal risks to mother and child...
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
He was confident and competent.
Menopur, Follistim, single embryo transfers
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
The clinic is busy. The embryologist and labs are top notch. The surgery center was well maintained. Some issues with record keeping and billing.
Spent around $30K. IVF covered, additional costs include semen analysis, fertility drugs, embryo storage, genetic testing.
What specific things went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center?

2013, Successful
...The rest of the staff was quite frustrating to work with. Our information was not passed correctly from one team member to the next and I found myself having to repeat myself in the same appointment and in one appointment after another.
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Chenette came highly recommended to me, so I had high hopes. In our initial meeting, he reassured us that our situation was common and there were lots of avenues we could go down to increase our chances of getting pregnant. I did want to try to be as "natural" as possible and not take drastic measures unless we had to, and I'm not sure that was totally respected. His team made a mistake putting together my schedule for when to take the Clomid, so the first time it didn't work. The second time was a slam dunk, so we were lucky enough not to have to take more extreme measures. The nurse assigned to our case was absolutely fantastic, but other than that I'd say Dr Chenette was just ok, and the rest of the staff was quite frustrating to work with. Our information was not passed correctly from one team member to the next and I found myself having to repeat myself in the same appointment and in one appointment after another.
Get a feel for the whole staff you'd be working with, not just Dr. Chenette.
I didn't feel like he adapted the conversation to me... as someone who didn't really want to go this route in the first place and was willing to take a bit more time to forgo taking drastic action, I don't think that changed Dr. Chenette's pitch.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sue Austin)
She was the only one on top of it. She emailed and called me often, apologized when the rest of the staff made mistakes and was generally a fantastic person to work with.
What specific things went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center.
One of the nurses, not our primary one, plotted my schedule incorrectly on the calendar and the first month of appointments and medication was a complete waste because I was advised to take the Clomid on the wrong day. There was no discount for the several hundred dollars spent and I had to go through it all again. I also had to explain my situations multiple times, as my updates didn't quite seem to make it into the notes.