Medical SchoolCreighton University School of Medicine
ResidencyMayo Clinic in Rochester, MN
FellowshipMayo Clinic in Rochester, MN
2101 Woodwinds Drive
Woodbury, MN 55125
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Phoebe Leonard to a friend?

5.4

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Dr. Leonard was always open to communication. She was aware of our financial situation and being in a LGBTQ+ relationship she was very competent and aware of resources and procedures available. She also works closely with our primary OB/GYN and they both would answer questions in regards to our treatments....Due to my age and previous chemical pregnancy, Dr. Leonard didn’t waste time and prescribed Clomid right way for our first IUI. I would go back for blood work occasionally to monitor my progesterone levels and she also prescribed progesterone for my low levels.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
How was your experience with Phoebe Leonard at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Dr. Leonard was always open to communication. She was aware of our financial situation and being in a LGBTQ+ relationship she was very competent and aware of resources and procedures available. She also works closely with our primary OB/GYN and they both would answer questions in regards to our treatments. Dr. Leonard was also compassionate when we had pregnancy loss and never pressured us to start trying again. She always let us pick our timelines of our procedures with what we felt comfortable with.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Phoebe Leonard at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Ask lots of questions. She’s brilliant but at times I wasn’t sure if she already expected patients to have fertility 101 knowledge under their belt because sometimes I’d have to go back because I didn’t understand everything. She wants her patients to get pregnant and use a method that fits within your means. Although we had pregnancy loss she never pressured IVF because she knows our financial barriers.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Phoebe Leonard at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
All the appointments went really quickly and it was other nurses who would do inseminations. We would only meet with Dr. Leonard when we needed to consult with positive or negative results and complications. But when we would meet with her she would provide us all our options in a respectful manner.
Describe the protocols Phoebe Leonard used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates and their degree of success.
Due to my age and previous chemical pregnancy, Dr. Leonard didn’t waste time and prescribed Clomid right way for our first IUI. I would go back for blood work occasionally to monitor my progesterone levels and she also prescribed progesterone for my low levels. My first IUI was a negative pregnancy test. So the second IUI she increased the Clomid because I wasn’t producing enough follicles that she wanted. Then again with progesterone. This resulted in a positive pregnancy but unfortunately had a D&C because due to miscarriage around week 9.
Their online intake packet is extensive and I think initially there was some confusion about what nurse was assigned to us. But if I had questions I could call that nurse directly and it was the same nurse doing the IUI procedures. They were all nice and helpful.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Aside from how expensive fertility treatments are, this clinic is a great place for treatment. The original intake does take a while so plan on a wait before your first appointment. But once you have a treatment plan it’s easy to make appointments and reschedule things. They also wash sperm at their facility and guarantee motility so we were able to use ICI vials for an IUI procedure.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Phoebe Leonard at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
$3,000 each round of IUI (ultrasounds, blood work, monitoring, etc) $30 copay for Clomid each round $200 out of pocket for Ovidrel shot $10 copay for progesterone
Describe Phoebe Leonard's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
We did not use this procedure, so no comment.
Woodbury

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Phoebe Leonard at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.

Dr. Leonard tries to get to know us as individuals, not just another patient. She went through fertility treatment herself, so she is able to relate to her patients. She encouraged us to start treatment with IUI and didn't push IVF. She listens and is open to our thoughts and preferences. She is practical and doesn't seem to order a lot of unnecessary tests. She explains things thoroughly.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and make sure you understand everything
She tries to get to know us personally, not just our medical history or reason for treatment. She remembers personal details about us. She tries to tailor our treatment to our individual situation and preferences. She welcomes our thoughts and opinions.
Clomid (5-7 days?, can't recall dose), Ovidrel to induce ovulation, then IUI with partner specimen. Clomid thinned my uterus too much. Only 1 follicle developed. Sperm count in specimen was also very low. Cycle was unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Tawney ?Last name)
Primary nurse and other nursing staff have been great. They promptly return all my phone calls and emails. I love that the clinic uses secure email to communicate too. I work full time so this makes communication much easier. Nurses are very thorough in explaining directions and protocols. Our primary nurse also went through fertility treatment so she understands what we're going through.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Clinic overall seems very well organized. They promptly return phone calls, including front office staff, schedulers and business office. They use secure emailing, which is a great and they use a patient portal to post the clinic notes that can be accessed at any time. Every staff member we've encountered has been friendly and compassionate.
Our health insurance doesn't cover fertility treatment so most costs are incurred by us. Part of the office visits and part of some labs were covered, otherwise nothing else associated with IUI. Per the pricing sheet provided by the clinic, these are some of the costs of an IUI (not factoring in any insurance): Baseline ultrasound $255 Follicle study ultrasound $510/each Clinic visits $160 Insemination $437 Sperm prep $100 LH $83 Estradiol $375
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates?
Woodbury

Dr. Leonard was very patient in answering all of my questions and with dealing with my extreme anxiety when it comes to medical procedures. She really broke down what I needed to understand about my body and my PCOS and what I needed to change in order to have the best chance of having a baby. She was frank in informing us that nothing was guaranteed but she was going to do her best at helping us get there. Again, we have only met with her the first couple of appointments for setting up the plan but they nurses are always informing me she reviews every time I am there and every step of the process.
Go into your meeting with her knowing she is going to be straight forward and honest and won’t sugar coat and get your hopes up. She very honest which I really appreciated.
We have actually only met with dr Leonard once at our intial consultation and for the follow up of our blood work, the rest of our treatment has been with the awesome nurses at RMIA. I felt at our first appointment with Dr. Leonard she was kind but also straight forward on what we needed to do in order for us to have the best chances at getting pregnant and finally having our rainbow baby.
I had a natural pregnancy previously that unfortunately ended in a miscarriage so Dr. Leonard wanted us to start with letrozole (preferred that over clomid for me due to my PCOS) and since I haven’t been ovulating on my own, did a ovidrel injection to induced ovulation. Along the way I had multiple ultrasounds to monitor the growth of my follicles. We did timed intercourse at home only for these three cycles. I did that for three cycles but they all ended with negative pregnancy tests. We moved on the the next phase of treatment which all starts the same way but instead of timed intercourse at home we just did our first IUI, too soon to know if it worked or not yet! She also had me do baby aspirin daily and increased folic acid supplement with my prenatal.
Overall my experience with the nursing staff has been great, only one occasion (out of many appointments) can I recall that I felt the nurse didn’t review my chart enough before coming in for my appointment. They have all been very nice and treat with respect and my feelings with the highs and lows that come with this rollercoaster.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
They work hard to schedule in accommodation with your needs but one negative I would say is the early before work appointments seem to fill up fast and with the nature of my work that can make it a little challenging. The office is always clean and neat and they are welcoming when you walk in the door, one of the front desk girls always greets me with my first name and it’s just little touches like that that makes my choice to drive over an hour from my house to get there worth it. They get you in on time and out in a reasonable amount of time so you can move on with your day, only time I’ve had to wait is if I need lab work after my ultrasounds.
My insurance doesn’t cover my visits at RMIA so everything is out of pocket. I called around and did research and their costs are right in line with other clinics.
Woodbury

She [Dr. Leonard] is absolutely amazing! Intelligent, and modern with her medical approach. She would educate us. She read through our entire medical records. She was honest about transferring 1 or 2 embryos. She provided what the research was for success in IVF. No negative comments about her...she went by research studies and what seemed to be working for her patients as well as in the IVF world for unexplained infertility. She encouraged PGS testing and to only do frozen transfers.
She is absolutely amazing! Intelligent, and modern with her medical approach. She would educate us. She read through our entire medical records. She was honest about transferring 1 or 2 embryos. She provided what the research was for success in IVF. No negative comments about her.
Go to RMIA and Dr. Leonard!!
Dr. Leonard treated us so well. She asked us questions and listened. She is so smart and highly educated. Listening to our needs and challenges was so important. And she did that!
I'm comparing to my med protocol to Midwest... RMIA added lovenox shots, baby aspirin, and prometrin vaginal inserts. At Midwest I had compounded inserts made- weird. I took prenatal plus 8 extra folic acid pills. I really can't remember the other meds. The basic IVF ones I suppose. She went by research studies and what seemed to be working for her patients as well as in the IVF world for unexplained infertility. She encouraged PGS testing and to only do frozen transfers.
They were amazing! I was a signed to a nurse who I could email whenever. I forgot to mention- Midwest had NO email communication. That was the worst! You had to call in, leave a voice message, and someone would call you by end of day. So annoying. Dr Leonard's nurse was so nice too. Always helpful and smiling. So professional.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Clinic is very modern. Different departments for different procedures. The colors are welcoming and decor was beautiful. The main office was spacious and rounded area. We were able to see other couples which was nice. At Midwest everyone would be staring at the floor, never making eye contact in that small, dark office space. Here at RMIA, patients would see each other so we felt less alone. The rooms were modern and clean. Everything was done at RMIA. I didn't have to go somewhere else to get the pregnancy blood test covered by insurance like at Midwest.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
They had a great process. I did early morning or over the lunch hour appointments.
Online- I can't remember without looking at records. It was more expensive than Midwest, but way better care. I wish I would have gone here when we started this journey in 2016!
She was focused on 1 PGS embryo at a time. First transfer resulted in a miscarriage due to a subchorionic hematoma. Second transfer she was out on maternity leave for the consultation, so her colleague at RMIA covered. That doctor advised transferring two. Dr Leonard did the transfer. We lost a twin but the other baby is thriving at 17 weeks pregnant.

2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Leonard was very competent, but not very warm.... I wish she would have spent more time with me instead of pushing everything through staff coordinators, who were hit or miss.... She has an impressive background and she delivered results.... At 40yrs old, I had a low chance of conceiving with my own eggs, but she was still willing to work with me if I wanted to go that route. Given the stats, I ultimately decided to use donor eggs, but I would have trusted her protocol with either course.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Very competent, but so-so bedside manner. I wish she would have spent more time with me instead of pushing everything through staff coordinators, who were hit or miss. I did feel like I received competent care, but I didn't feel like she cared that much about me as a person.
She has an impressive background and she delivered results. However, I would consider also meeting with Dr Stassart at RMIA who has a reputation for genuinely connecting with clients and caring about their outcomes, beyond the initial diagnosis and treatment plan. If given the choice, I would work with her again, because I value competence.
Much of the care was pushed off to coordinators. Dr. Leonard was very competent, but not very warm.
At 40yrs old, I had a low chance of conceiving with my own eggs, but she was still willing to work with me if I wanted to go that route. Given the stats, I ultimately decided to use donor eggs, but I would have trusted her protocol with either course. She used empirical evidence and professional experience to inform her protocols. She also had access to a team of consultants at both the clinic and within a competitive academic setting. While I would have preferred she gave me more details of her rationale and plan instead of just implementing the plan via coordinators, her plan did ultimately result in a live singleton.
The nursing staff were given clear protocols to follow, but communication among a large group of nurses was lacking and so details regarding my individual care were often missed. In one case, a miscommunication from one of my nurses regarding my medication resulted in me having to start that cycle over. It felt like the nurses were secretive about my long-term plan and only wanted to give me the minimal information needed to complete my protocol. Had I been given a complete overview from the beginning, it would have been easier for me to verify the instructions I received every week were correct for my individual needs. I also didn't have a coordinator, which I think would have been helpful. Some of the nurses were new and not very good, while others were experienced and excellent at what they do. It was really hit or miss and I had no control over this aspect of my care. Since no one person was serving as coordinator, I was also made to feel that I was more of a number than a patient.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Besides CRM, RMIA is the top clinic in the Minnesota metropolitan area. They aren't perfect, but I would still go to them again if I decided on having a second child. Either that, or I would look to travel out of state for care.
Very typical of other clinics. There was the cost of meds, the cost of care with RMIA, and then the cost of donor eggs and sperm. I paid everything upfront, so I can't comment on whether they allow for delayed payment. They were very clear about charges upfront and I didn't have any unexpected costs.
I didn't want to risk having multiples, so I opted for a single transfer. She also recommend a single transfer due to higher risks associated with giving birth to multiples.
Woodbury

We didn’t go through any cycles with Dr. Leonard. She ordered labs drawn immediately for each of us and then day 3 labs. We had to request the results after two weeks of no word from the clinic, and when they finally sent them there was no explanation of what the numbers meant. She wanted to do another genetic test and schedule a follow up two weeks later. We are going to cancel the follow up and go back to our previous doctor (my wife is writing a glowing review for him).
She was critical of the first fertility doctor we saw, saying that wasn’t going to win any congeniality awards. But she did say she trusted his medicine. I’m not sure if she assumed we needed less explanation because we had seen another doctor already, but she certainly didn’t offer up more details unless we asked (lucky for us we had an idea of what types of questions to ask).
Do your research on your own and be patient because they’re not in any hurry to answer your questions or respond to emails or voicemails.
We were not at all a priority when calling to get information. Lab results took two weeks to get back and we had to request them twice to get them. When the nurse sent us the results, she sent only the numbers. She didn’t explain what the levels meant or what was the desired range. I had to google that information to find out that I have a severely diminished ovarian reserve for my age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Jenell)
She was extremely bad at communicating. Never returned phone calls, emails required several attempts and were met with excuses and blame-shifting.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
They were very informative with the whole process. The IVF seminar they presented included a lot of information and four different people within the clinic to answer questions. They did a great job then giving us information, but every other interaction left us feeling like we were just a source of income to them.
$9200 up front for IVF, total cost $22k-$25k, not including meds.
She made sure to emphasize that their goal wasn’t as many babies as possible. It was one healthy baby. They wanted successful births, not necessarily high numbers.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Leonard is like no other. I've never felt more comfortable in such an uncomfortable and stressful situation. She's incredibly intelligent and professional yet personable with perfect balance. It was often easy to forget she was my doctor because it sometimes felt like she was sitting on my side of the table as a friend. I will miss Dr. Leonard and her staff.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Trust her - it's on her mind just as much as it is on yours.
I was always greeted by name at RMIA which was immediately different than previous experiences where I, not only felt like a number but, was a number.
FIRST: Antagonist Protocol- total dose of FSH of 6+0 for 14 days, preceded by pre-treatment with BC pills and high dose GnRH agonist. 4 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 fertilized & transferred (negative) SECOND: Birth control and Co-Flare Cycle - 8400 IU of FSH, trigger 10K HCG on day 14 2 retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized & transferred - Negative THIRD: No birth control! 7425 IU of FSH, trigger was 10K HCG on day 12. E2 day of trigger was 2368 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized – 2 transferred day 5 (one blastocyst and one morula) Remaining embryos did not develop past morula stage Negative
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Courtney, Joni, Ferneatress)
I saw the nurses and assistants more than anyone and, just like Dr. Leonard, they made me feel incredibly comfortable. Their responses via phone and email were fast and their commitment to me as a patient was so authentic.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
Getting to know the patients is definitely a strength at RMIA. From the support staff to the lab to the nurses and doctors, I felt a sense of belonging and comfort. This was a wonderful feeling to have in the midst of something that can feel very lonely.
We did a warranty program for $28K that refunded 80% after three failed cycles. Each cycle was about $10K extra in medication so that was an additional $30K.
She was very objective and all decisions were mutual.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
Dr. Leonard is extremely compassionate about what she does and it shows. She takes the time to explain everything in detail. She is very honest, and communicates sometimes difficult information in a very compassionate manner... [RMIA] Great clinic. Like that it’s not huge and you don’t just feel like a number. Like that they offer early morning appointments for lab and ultrasound and that you actually are able to schedule a time! Very easy to call and get questions answered with nursing!
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
She has great bedside manner!
Our experience with RMIA and Dr. Leonard was wonderful. They always greet you and they take chances on their patients. We didn’t qualify for the warranty program anywhere else, but under the approval of Dr. Stassart they made an exception for us. They were confident they had what it took to make us be successful, yet were willing to take most of the financial risk so that we had a chance at having a baby.
Nursing staff was great. They are all wonderful. You aren’t assigned a single nurse at this clinic. However, it’s small enough that you get to know them all very well so it’s not a big deal.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
We were extremely fortunate that Dr. Stassart allowed us into the warranty program. We paid $23,000 plus meds for program. Had we not been successful, we would have been refunded $18,000. Can’t put a pricetag on a baby, but we were so grateful that they gave us a chance to be part of the warranty program after other clinics had denied us. Thank you so much RMIA! Had you not allowed us to enter the warranty program, we would have had to stop our fertility journey and wouldn’t have had our precious babies!
Woodbury

I felt very comfortable with her [Dr. Phoebe Leonard] at every visit, we could laugh and joke and felt like an individual not just the next person coming through. She was very relaxed and seemed very positive about our situation...I felt like she took the time to sit with us an we never felt rushed, we felt like we were the only ones at that moment - not that she had to rush off. She was very honest about what to expect...I did injections for egg retrieval with blood work and ultrasounds. They were very helpful in allowing me to do satellite care closer to where I live/work so it was very convenient for my schedule and job. They adjusted things as necessary and had us come back at one point to do an extra ultrasound when things weren't matching up to what they had expected. Any time I had a question they would be happy to explain/answer.
I felt very comfortable with her at every visit, we could laugh and joke and felt like an individual not just the next person coming through. She was very relaxed and seemed very positive about our situation.
All personalities are different, everyone just has to find the right DR for them and Dr Leonard was the right one for us - it was a great fit!!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Tarah)
They were all very helpful and always quick to get back to me. I really appreciated the quick email replies. I work at a job where taking/making calls can't always be confidential and so the emails were great!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
We REALLY appreciated the free IVF seminar that we attended. This definitely helped us realize we are not alone in this process. We were amazed at how many people were at the seminar. Attending this really helped us solidify our decision. They really find a plan that works for each couple/person and what their individual situation is. The atmosphere is comfortable and the staff is always very friendly.
We did a warranty plan - so there was a base price but we had to follow certain protocol and agree to certain terms of our care. We were very pleased with all of this and the warranty program is partially why we chose the clinic.
Woodbury

She [Dr. Leonard] took the time to talk with us and answer questions. She did not speak over our heads. While going through the process I was disappointing that I didn't see her more but looking back at, off hormones, it I am ok with it. She wasn't always prompt for her appointments. I would/will go back to her again.... I wanted to transfer two however she mentioned with twins in our families she was nervous about 3 babies.
She took the time to talk with us and answer questions. She did not speak over our heads. While going through the process I was disappointing that I didn't see her more but looking back at, off hormones, it I am ok with it. She wasn't always prompt for her appointments. I would/will go back to her again.
Go into meetings prepared with questions and take notes. It's a lot to take in no matter what doctor you are seeing. Give yourself time.
We did out monitoring close to home so I only saw Dr. Leonard 3-4 times. I don't expect her to remember me when I am not physically there.
I started on birth control to regulate cycle. Was then put on menopur for 10 days. They were hoping to reduce my dosage of menopur after 3 days but ended up having to use 6 vials each day. I had ultrasounds every other day and blood work each day. I administered one shot of lupron and the HCG on day ten. 12 follicles retrieved, 7 embryos created, transferred 1 on day 5 led to no pregnancy, one embryo was frozen and transferred 2 months later for a birth of a healthy baby boy. Was also on baby asprin, vitatmins, and antibiotics.
We had one very poor experience with an oncall nurse. I was told to "figure it out". Other than that the nurses we very helpful and detailed. The process can be very confusing and with the cost of it and your emotions on overload its very stressful. The team is great about giving you clear instructions verbally and written.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The Woodbury clinic is updated, clean, comfortable, great location. The recovery room is a bit tight and didn't care to be separated from other patients by I curtain but we weren't there too long. Again, we did our monitoring at home so we weren't at the clinic but a few times. They have an ultrasound machine that shows everything on a big screen so you can see your baby instead of a tiny blob on a 6x6 screen.
$19,500 100% refund if didn't work after 3 cycles. Monitoring and medications were extra.
I wanted to transfer two however she mentioned with twins in our families she was nervous about 3 babies. We opted to transfer one after that discussion.
Woodbury

In our initial phone consult, she [Dr. Leonard] stated that she does what she does because she wants to help couples who deserve to be parents become parents.... Strengths: intelligent, good reputation, she came highly recommended, sweet, good sense of humor, able to explain things in lay terms. Weaknesses: we had to undergo our treatments from a location 4 hours away from our home - so we only saw our doctor 3 times. Every other communication or order was given to us in a phone call from the nurses
Strengths: intelligent, good reputation, she came highly recommended, sweet, good sense of humor, able to explain things in lay terms. Weaknesses: we had to undergo our treatments from a location 4 hours away from our home - so we only saw our doctor 3 times. Every other communication or order was given to us in a phone call from the nurses - the problem with that is things throughout the process weren’t always explained to what we were expecting. (ie: why did you change my med dose? What does it mean that my estrogen level is what it is? Etc) As a nurse myself....I always wanted to know what and why. She did explain all of these things to us thoroughly after our completed (failed) IVF round, which was appreciated, but I didn’t like feeling like I was just going through the motions throughout the treatment not quite understanding numbers and changes made. It was very hard undergoing tm from far away. I do not recommend.
Do your research before you start. Don’t rush into it. Explain to your Doctor how you prefer to be informed. Ask all the questions.
In our initial phone consult, she stated that she does what she does because she wants to help couples who deserve to be parents become parents.
Dr. Leonard had me stimulate with Follistim. She carefully monitored my labs to make sure my body was responding correctly. She did have to increase my dosage to get my Estrogen levels to respond as she was anticipating. Then, due to that increase, my Estrogen levels did peak very high - I had to supplement with Carbergoline for 2 weeks to prevent OHSS. My stimulation resulted in 23 mature follicles (by ultrasound). Dr. Leonard was able to retrieve 13 mature and size-specific follicles. We then waited for a phone call to tell us if we had to return at 3 or 5 days after fertilization for a fresh transfer.
We did not work a primary nurse - which would have been extremely beneficial in our situation (as we live 4 hours away from the clinic - so we did A LOT of phone communication). If I did have an issue or a question, I felt like I always had to re-explain my situation to every new person I spoke with. On our day of transfer, there was one nurse specifically - Stacey who was WONDERFUL. So calm, accommodating and sweet. Exactly what you need when you're undergoing fertility treatment. Also, the front desk staff were great.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
I thought that the clinic itself was fine - no complaints, really. It had a welcoming lobby with friendly receptionists. Also, there were snacks, coffee and water that you could enjoy while waiting. All of our appointments were on time and went as scheduled. The exam/procedure rooms were clean and comfortable and didn't have that "hospital/sterile feel".
The baseline cost for IVF with ICSI was $8,800 and we had to pay for that up front. That did not include the monitoring, medications or lab fees.
She explained that the risks for producing multiples are higher with IVF even with a single embryo transfer and there aren't exact reasonings for why. She encouraged us to only transfer one embryo, because I was under 35 and "healthy"
Woodbury

She [Dr. Phoebe Leonard] took the time to explain things to us in detail and at our level. She made sure all or questions were answered and that we truly understood the process. There were times when she had to explain things to us a couple of times, and she did so without being frustrated. It was as if she understood the difficulties of this process and realized there’s a lot of information coming at you all at once.
She took the time to explain things to us in detail and at our level. She made sure all or questions were answered and that we truly understood the process. There were times when she had to explain things to us a couple of times, and she did so without being frustrated. It was as if she understood the difficulties of this process and realized there’s a lot of information coming at you all at once.
Advocate for yourself!! You know yourself best. You know what works for you and what doesn’t. Your thoughts matter. YOU are in charge of your care despite not being the doctor. If you don’t like or agree with something speak up! At the same time listen to what she has to say and make an educated decision.
Dr. Leonard was very personable. She asked question not only about our fertility history but also about us in general to get to know us better.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
At the Woodbury location there are a few different entrances. Make sure you know which one you are supposed to go to! For our consultstion appt we had to wait quite a while for the dr to come to our room. We sat in a little conference room around a round table for our first visit. We did the IVF seminar that they offer and found it to be extremely valuable. It is mostly about how to pay for IVF and the different options. If that is the route you are taking definitely attend one of these or meet up with someone in the business ofdice
Dr. Leonard told us she prefers to transfer only one embryo due to the increased risk with multiples. However, she did state she can not make us only transfer one and if we wanted multiples transferred that ultimately it was our decision. She made sure we understood risks/benefits

IUI, 2 IVF
She [Dr. Phoebe Leonard] is very matter of fact but I feel with IVF treatments it’s important to not be given false hope. She was positive from the beginning about my case but also told us not to waste our money continuing to pursue IUI treatments (which we were hoping too). She explained her reasoning and why she thought it would be a waste of our time and financial resources.
IUI, 2 IVF
During my first cycle, I did not respond to the meds as expected. While disappointing for me and having to play catch up near the end (taking 7-8 vials a day) to grow eggs- Dr. Leonard made sure that the 2nd cycle was done differently and really made sure that we could be as successful as possible.
She is very matter of fact but I feel with IVF treatments it’s important to not be given false hope. She was positive from the beginning about my case but also told us not to waste our money continuing to pursue IUI treatments (which we were hoping too). She explained her reasoning and why she thought it would be a waste of our time and financial resources.
She listened to our concerns and made us feel like she cared and had a good understanding of my medical background.
You see and deal with the nurses more than the doctors while you are being monitored. All the nurses were amazing!!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
I liked that this clinic was smaller than others we had gone to informative meetings about. We were able to be seen fairly quickly and got the process rolling quickly. I think their website is lacking and hard to find information on but everyone is very willing to help answer any questions along the way.
We chose the clinics warranty plan. It was well worth our money especially since it included the stim meds and I needed 8 vials for a few days!
Woodbury

She [Dr. Phoebe Leonard] recommended IVF, said we were really good candidates. My problem was ovulation; I had plenty of eggs. But we didn't want to go that route right away, so we tried chlomid, letrozole, IUI, and finally IVF/FET. FET is what finally worked for us.... I felt she talked to me and treated me like a human. She asked questions and shared her own personal stories.
She was honest and explained all of our options to conceive. She made her recommendations, listened to what we wanted, and we proceeded. We now realize we should have listened to her sooner, as our children would be a couple years older now if we had!
Listen to her suggestions
She recommended IVF, said we were really good candidates. My problem was ovulation; I had plenty of eggs. But we didn't want to go that route right away, so we tried chlomid, letrozole, IUI, and finally IVF/FET. FET is what finally worked for us.
Friendly, professional, knowledgeable. The clinic runs very efficiently, and I credit the nursing and administrative staff. The nurses were prepared for all of my appointments and procedures. They answered all of my questions, and I had a lot of them. They took excellent care of me following procedures. They responded promptly to calls with questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clinic runs well. The staff were are very friendly. The financial portion of the experience is explained and handled well. I ran into a small discrepancy with my bill only once, and it was resolved quickly and without issue.
I don't know if it's fair to say, but the costs for the procedures (specifically IVF) was much lower than I was expecting.

2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
She [Dr. Leonard] didn't take a lot of time to talk to us and she was very discouraging when we suggested using a family members eggs. However, when we did get to talk to her, she was very knowledgeable.... She is very smart and knowledgeable, and is good at explaining what's going on. She is lacking some of the warmth that comes with bedside interactions. When women are in that clinic, they need warm, kind, sweet interactions because they are so scared!
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Ask lots of questions and stick to your guts.
She didn't take a lot of time to talk to us and she was very discouraging when we suggested using a family members eggs. However, when we did get to talk to her, she was very knowledgeable.
We did 2 retrieval and transfers of embryos from my eggs. We used injections before and after retrieval. My eggs were weak and not able to create strong embryos. The 3rd cycle we used donor eggs and had success.
We didn't always have the same nurse but they were nice. They were kind and warm for the most part.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
The clerical staff at the front desk are very nice and warm which is what every woman wants walking into the clinic. Their financial team is super helpful and knowledgeable. Their facility is beautiful. Their staff is knowledgeable. My only complaint is that the nurses and doctors could be a little warmer and understanding of just how scary this experience is for families. They may do this every day and think of it as normal, but for us, we are totally frightened!!!
So expensive. Infertility treatments are not affordable for a family like mine. We both work good jobs as a teacher and engineer but it is no where near affordable. Every tiny thing costs a fortune.
We transferred 2 every time per the doctor's advice.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
she [Dr. Phoebe Leonard] was responsive to how my labs and ultrasounds looked and changed things as needed and explained why...She was very kind and very honest. She knew us and remembered things about us I didn't expect...listened to us, followed our case closely, was very communicative, and was very kind. I felt like she was just as disappointed as we were when things didn't work out. She had a great deal of compassion about our losses. She was very determined.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Dr Leonard listened to us, followed our case closely, was very communicative, and was very kind. I felt like she was just as disappointed as we were when things didn't work out. She had a great deal of compassion about our losses. She was very determined.
Go in with your questions written down so you don't forget anything. She will answer most before you ask them and she will be very patient if you have more. I never felt rushed.
I don't remember the specific protocol. But she was responsive to how my labs and ultrasounds looked and changed things as needed and explained why.
Patient, kind, answered all my calls and questions and normalized how I was feeling.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Associates.
At RMIA, we never felt like a number. We were always greeted warmly and treated kindly by everyone from receptionists, lab technicians, embryologists, nurses, and doctors. I found it to be a warm place. Even though it was a touch journey, we were supported through it all.
They had set hours for each of the things they did. I had no problem with appointments.