Not available by email
FellowshipMedical College of Georgia Hospital
830 Pennsylvania Ave. Suite 205,
Charleston, WV 25302
(304) 388-2863.
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Pickens Gantt to a friend?
6.9

7.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CAMC Health System to a friend?
Dr. Gantt and his staff were always so helpful and made sure to take the time to explain everything to my husband and I.... Dr. Gantt is a very knowledgeable doctor. He is older which and cannot remember everyone’s file very well. So he makes sure to go through your whole history before discussion at every appointment. He is thorough and knows how to save the patient money where he can.... Started with clomid cd5-9 for two cycles. Then an IUI with clomid cd5-9, HCG, and progesterone. Followed by a cycle with Clomid on cd 5-9.
Appointments are easy to schedule and can be scheduled within a week of calling. The staff [CAMC Health System] is personable and helpful. Because the clinic is inside a hospital, parking is not free. The clinic is easy to locate and is only open Monday through Thursday all day and half the day Friday.... The clinic is a teaching clinic, so interns and students are always there, unless you specifically specify you don’t want them there for your appointment.
How was your experience with Pickens Gantt at CAMC Health System?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pickens Gantt at CAMC Health System?
To listen intently and ask a lot of questions and to be honest with all your concerns. He is more than happy to help and he is very optimistic with getting his patient pregnant.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pickens Gantt at CAMC Health System?
Dr. Gantt and his staff were always so helpful and made sure to take the time to explain everything to my husband and I. They gave us their cell phone numbers so we could text or call when we had questions and they respond quickly. Dr. Gantt always told me my odds of success, which never seemed that high because of my condition and only having one tube. The clinic also has a very cost effective program that allows patients to make payments instead of upfront. They have also done all the cost comparison on the medications and provided me the information for where to buy, in order to save money. During my last IUI, my blood pressure was continually reading high. The nurse, Rhonda, took me to an empty exam room and had me lay down and take a 20 minute nap to try to lower my number. It worked and for that I’m great full that they care and not just look at me and send me on my way.
Describe the protocols Pickens Gantt used in your cycles at CAMC Health System and their degree of success.
Started with clomid cd5-9 for two cycles. Then an IUI with clomid cd5-9, HCG, and progesterone. Followed by a cycle with Clomid on cd 5-9. Then Femara cycle on cd 5-9. Took a break for two cycles. Ended with an IUI cycle with clomid cd3-7, hmg shots 7-14, HCG on cd 15, and progestrone following procedure. My husbands sperm analysis during each IUI showed a count of 230 million to 273 million.
She always put the patient first. She was detailed and always made herself available to her and answer any questions. She gave good demonstrations on how to administer shots and take the medications required. She even goes as far as to FaceTime with us when my husband needed guidance on giving me the HCG shot. She has even let me rest in the office in order to lower my blood pressure.
Describe your experience with CAMC Health System.
Appointments are easy to schedule and can be scheduled within a week of calling. The staff is personable and helpful. Because the clinic is inside a hospital, parking is not free. The clinic is easy to locate and is only open Monday through Thursday all day and half the day Friday. The cost of procedures and doctor visits are very budget friendly, especially when insurance will not pay. The staff is very proactive and positive even when you feel hopeless. They are very compassionate and comforting, especially when you get bad news. The clinic is a teaching clinic, so interns and students are always there, unless you specifically specify you don’t want them there for your appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pickens Gantt at CAMC Health System.
IUI procedures are $530 each. Ultrasounds are roughly $400 each. Doctor visits are roughly $250 each. IVF was quoted to me for $7300 upfront before cycle starts or $5300 upfront and an additional $4500 if a positive successful pregnancy. Hsg test costs are roughly $1500.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Pickens Gantt at CAMC Health System.

IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Gantt was not consistent in his instructions and then tried to blame it on us. He was very rude and had no compassion. He kept getting me and my egg donor mixed up. At one time while,trying to figure out donors children's babysitter, he said we could just quit...I just took progesterone, estrogen, and baby aspirin because I was receiving embryos
[Nurses at CAMC Health System were] Compassionate and always made sure we were comfortable...Getting a hold of someone was hard. With only one secretary she was,not always available.Staff was nice and easy to talk to. Clinic was clean and easy to find. It was a little cold at times but it was a hospital so expected...When asking for a letter for a grant, it took 3 months to receive and wanted to charge us for it. Because of office in TN and WV not all of the chart was taken back and forth...
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Pickens Gantt at CAMC Health System?
Consider all options
Very rude and not considerate of feelings.
Compassionate and always made sure we were comfortable
Describe your experience with CAMC Health System.
Sometimes I felt,things not covered should have been
What specific things went wrong at CAMC Health System?
+ Read more- Read less