Nurse available by email
706-653-6344
Newnan
1201 Lower Fayetteville
Newnan, GA 30265
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Prakash Thiruppath to a friend?

6.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology to a friend?
After taking blood work, performing an HSG, and doing one semen analysis on my husband, he [Dr. Prakash Thiruppath] said we needed to go straight to IVF - all because my husband’s SA came back with 2% morphology (normal is 4% or higher). I was in utter shock when he told me this, and as soon as he got that out of his mouth, he then started telling me I could sign up for next month. As if IVF is $50 procedure. Since that day, I have never been able to shake the feeling that he’s only in this for the money.
How was your experience with Prakash Thiruppath at Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology?
After taking blood work, performing an HSG, and doing one semen analysis on my husband, he said we needed to go straight to IVF - all because my husband’s SA came back with 2% morphology (normal is 4% or higher). I was in utter shock when he told me this, and as soon as he got that out of his mouth, he then started telling me I could sign up for next month. As if IVF is $50 procedure. Since that day, I have never been able to shake the feeling that he’s only in this for the money. That one little number is not enough to tell someone to go straight to IVF. He should’ve offered IUIs as a first step, but he didn’t. And at that point in time, we’d only been TTC for 6 months. We ended up seeing a second RE who laughed at the fact we were told this based SOLELY on 2% morphology from ONE semen analysis. I still to this day feel like he’s more concerned with making money, and pushes IVF way too soon.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Prakash Thiruppath at Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology?
Don’t let him push you into IVF unless you have no tubes and therefore no other options. Have a list of questions you want answers to, because he won’t go in to much detail about things if you don’t ask. He’ll give you an elementary explanation of how IVF and IUI work, but he certainly won’t go into any detail about your diagnosis or why he thinks IVF is the only way you’ll get pregnant.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Prakash Thiruppath at Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology?
I didn’t really feel like I was treated one way or the other. I feel like I was kind of right in the middle. I never really got the sense that Dr. Thiruppathi or any of the staff actually cared about me. But they never seemed super busy either, so I didn’t feel like I was moved along like just another number.
Describe the protocols Prakash Thiruppath used in your cycles at Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and their degree of success.
The very first cycle we did was a timed intercourse cycle with Femara (the lowest dosage to begin with) and then Ovidrel injection. The nurse and sonographer do the monitoring appointments, and don’t give you a lot of information about what they’re seeing unless you ask. You go in for a beta on day 14/15 regardless if you tested at home. They also do blood work at every monitoring appointment. The next 3 cycles were IUI cycles with Femara. Each cycle the dosage was increased (with the last cycle at the highest dosage). He does back to back IUIs, meaning you take the Ovidrel injection at your last monitoring appointment (all are done in the morning), then 24 hours later you have 1 IUI performed by the doctor. Then 24 hours after that, you have your second. Seemed like another ploy to get more money as most REs believe one well-timed IUI is enough. They never seemed to care too much about timing as I can remember being told to come back after an hour for the semen washing to be completed, and then waiting over another hour for the actual IUI. Sometimes they would take you right back for it. However it fit into their schedule I guess. None of the IUIs worked. He never offered to let us try an IUI with injectables either. It was also just Femara and Ovidrel. He never cared to change up the protocol except increasing the Femara dosage. I feel like they just do IUIs to make money, and don’t really take the necessary steps to help people be successful with them (because they want everyone to do IVF). Maybe I’m completely wrong, but that’s the impression I got. Thiruppathi is also the only RE in Columbus, with the next closest being 2 hours away. So we really don’t have any other options unless you want to travel (which I did, and it’s a pain).
They don’t seem to really care about the patients. They rush you through your monitoring appointments without giving you any real updates during them unless you ask. And then you feel like you’re annoying them because they want to leave the room. You aren’t assigned to a nurse, so you just whoever is working that day. To my knowledge, you can only communicate with them outside of the office via phone - and that’s with leaving a voicemail and waiting for a call back. I remember I was waiting one time on my beta results, the day before Thanksgiving, and I had gone in that morning to give blood for it. I know they get their blood results back for things like usually by early afternoon (one of them told me they do). But I didn’t receive a call back from the nurse until well after 6:00 PM, and that was after I called the answering service to page the nurse. It was my first beta ever, so I was super anxious about getting the results. One thing I wanted to point out that I meant to earlier is that they give you progesterone supplements to take during the two week wait. But they have you take them orally. I didn’t know this at the time, but you only get a very small percentage of the medication when taken orally. This same medication can and should be taken vaginally to get the most from it. I don’t know if Thiruppathi prescribes it that way to IVF patients, but he does for IUIs and I think that’s wrong.
Describe your experience with Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology.
You have to pull information out of them, for just about everything. I do however very much like the fact that they will code your monitoring appointments as “testing ovarian function” in order for those with at least infertility testing coverage to be covered by your insurance company. So every appointment with Thiruppathi and every monitoring appointment was only my copay. The IUIs were $400 each (so back to back ones = $800 for one cycle)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Prakash Thiruppath at Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology.
Because of how they coded it (for IUI, I don’t know how it works for IVF), each visit with Thiruppathi and each monitoring appointment was only copays and then a little out of pocket for blood work after it had gone through insurance. Each IUI was $400 (so one cycle would be $800 for the back to back IUIs)
What specific things went wrong at Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology?
Columbus

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Prakash Thiruppath at Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Treatment [with Dr. Thiruppath is] the same for everyone. I have a friend that also went to his clinic and he did the exact same thing for us both. Although I was only 30 at the time, I am a poor responder to meds. Rather than treat me as such, he gave me the same meds as he did everyone else...He Recommends IVF for everyone. I felt no compassion during my loss. He never asked how I was, never apologized for my loss, never acknowledged that this could be a difficult time. At 7w i went in for a scan to find that there was no baby in my uterus so it was ectopic. In that same visit, he Just pushed IVF on me immediately rather than let me grieve.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Treatment the same for everyone. I have a friend that also went to his clinic and he did the exact same thing for us both. Although I was only 30 at the time, I am a poor responder to meds. Rather than treat me as such, he gave me the same meds as he did everyone else. He is the only doctor in the area so he can charge what he wants. I've been told by several people that went there that they felt like he was all about money. I tend to agree. He Recommends IVF for everyone. I felt no compassion during my loss. He never asked how I was, never apologized for my loss, never acknowledged that this could be a difficult time. At 7w i went in for a scan to find that there was no baby in my uterus so it was ectopic. In that same visit, he Just pushed IVF on me immediately rather than let me grieve. Show him the money and he's your doctor.
I have a friend that achieved a pregnancy with him but she was an easy case. Blocked tubes only and pregnant on her first IVF. As someone that took more to achieve a pregnancy, I didn't feel like he was willing to help or work with me.
He batches patients and does the same protocols for all. He won't let you cycle if he feels like you won't help his success ratings. My FSH was higher than he wanted so he kept pushing donor eggs on me no matter how many times I told him I wasn't interested in it.
I did clomid and femera timed intercourse cycles. Then femera and clomid IUI cycles. My last cycle we went back to a clomid and timed intercourse cycle which did end in a positive but I lost the baby because it was suspected to be in my tube. All the rest of my cycles were negative.
The nursing staff was mostly awesome. They were the ones that I mainly saw.
Describe your experience with Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology.
They batch people and cycle everyone at the same time. They will only cycle you at certain times if you do IVF. He didn't know what my insurance would and wouldn't cover. He told me he didn't recommend and injectable cycle because my insurance wouldn't cover the medications when they actually would. He also told me my insurance wouldn't cover monitoring and they will. He is the only RE in the area and there are a lot of people that work at my company. I wonder how many people spent way more money than they should because he didn't check or gave them wrong info.
Very expensive

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Dr T [Thiruppath] has always been great about reviewing my chart BEFORE entering the room and always greets me with a warm welcome and is always up To speed on what’s going on with us... Dr T is great about telling you very clearly and explaining each step of Your fertility journey. He always shows care and compassion and always tries to be as positive as possible while not giving false hope... We started with medicated cycles and then moved on to IUI.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Take the first step and go see him! I wish we had sooner
Dr T has always been great about reviewing my chart BEFORE entering the room and always greets me with a warm welcome and is always up To speed on what’s going on with us
We started with medicated cycles and then moved on to IUI. Due to the fact we have conceived before he wanted us to try IUI but always says IVF may be our best bet due to MFI and RPL
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Beth, Kendall others. They’re all great)
The nursing staff is always friendly and very organized. They make you feel at ease while moving things along so you don’t spend the entire day at the office. They make sure any concerns are addressed with the doctor before you leave the office.
Describe your experience with Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology.
They really have done a great job of creating a well oiled machine. Everything always runs so smoothly and they make each patient feel just important as the next. Everyone is friendly and the clinic itself is nice and clean
IVF is approximately $18,000 with meds and IUI is roughly $1,600 with monitoring (with insurance Covering some of the blood work and ultrasounds)
Describe Prakash Thiruppath's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology.
I love that he will allow us to transfer two when the time comes because we want to transfer two
Columbus

{Dr. Prakash Thiruppath] is known as Dr T. He has a great bedside manner and explains everything in great detail. I feel like I have gained more knowledge about my own body. I can’t say enough good things about him. He has office hours that are very work friendly. He went into great detail as to all of my options during my consult and I really enjoyed that. He supports a local Christian group of women that are all going through infertility. I don’t know if many other doctors that do that. I would refer all friends and family who are having problems trying to conceive to Dr T.
He is known as Dr T. He has a great bedside manner and explains everything in great detail. I feel like I have gained more knowledge about my own body. I can’t say enough good things about him. He has office hours that are very work friendly. He went into great detail as to all of my options during my consult and I really enjoyed that. He supports a local Christian group of women that are all going through infertility. I don’t know if many other doctors that do that. I would refer all friends and family who are having problems trying to conceive to Dr T.
Be there early just because they open at 7 doesn’t mean you should get there at 7. I suggest being there at 6:30 maybe 6:45.
I felt like a human not a number. Everyone in the office is very caring and willing to answer any questions I have. Love them all.
Describe your experience with Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology.
I honestly don’t think I could list a weakness. Everyone at the office really is wonderful. They are so helpful and friendly. The office is very clean and organized. They have a way the office runs and it seems to run very smoothly.
I feel like they are fairly priced and have competitive prices.
Columbus

I feel as if treatment is rushed at times, they triggered me thinking a cyst was a follicle on cycle day 8, which was a wasted cycle. He [Dr. Prakash] only sees you during cd 3 baseline visit each cycle and they don’t tell you results of blood tests they take each visit and don’t have an online access site where you can see if you even ovulated or not... [Protocols] Prescribed meds, gives you a few ultrasounds then triggers you to ha e sex next 3 days
I feel as if treatment is rushed at times, they triggered me thinking a cyst was a follicle on cycle day 8, which was a wasted cycle. He only sees you during cd 3 baseline visit each cycle and they don’t tell you results of blood tests they take each visit and don’t have an online access site where you can see if you even ovulated or not
Treatments are very expensive and it’s 50/59 if you’re happy with the visits
They explain everything, they are all very nice in his office, and you don’t feel out of place going through a difficult process
Some rush ultrasounds and don’t show follicles fully, one will say a follicle is a cyst and other will say it’s a follicle
Describe your experience with Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology.
They rush things. Sometimes you understand what’s going on. You’re not given results of blood tests unless they are betas. It seems kinda of like a cattle call sort of thing. The dr is very nice though
I have tricsre prime and medicated cycles are covered 100 percent
Columbus

He [Dr. Thiruppath] is a great doctor and very knowledgeable. He ran more tests and was more involved than my last doctor. Dr T monitors you during your cycle very well. When he told me ivf was our only option he didn’t make me feel uncomfortable when I was crying in his office.... I would take Femera in days 3-7. Ultrasound in day 3,6, 10 and typically trigger on day 10. I was an early ovulator. Triggering in day 10 was usually successful. I always had mature follicles.
He is a great doctor and very knowledgeable. He ran more tests and was more involved than my last doctor. Dr T monitors you during your cycle very well. When he told me ivf was our only option he didn’t make me feel uncomfortable when I was crying in his office.
Make sure you tell him EVERYTHING you are experiencing.
When you walk in the automatically know who I am without looking at paperwork. If I had a question or concern they did thier best to explain or calm my nerves.
Very friendly and compassionate. Always willing to help in anyway.
Describe your experience with Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology.
I cannot think of any weaknesses. They are a great team and family. Every day that you visit the clinic it just flows with success. The only problem I have ever had is with the assistant that makes appointments and answers phones. She is very rude at times. Not a very approachable person.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Thiruppathi] was great!! He was always very gentle! When I had surgery he did nothing but help me through it! Every issue we had come to light, he tried to stay positive and keep me going! Although his prices are extremely high he was able to stop my bleeding and remove my septum! Also most if not all the endometriosis...He was always very concerned no matter what my questions were.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
He was great!! He was always very gentle! When I had surgery he did nothing but help me through it! Every issue we had come to light, he tried to stay positive and keep me going! Although his prices are extremely high he was able to stop my bleeding and remove my septum! Also most if not all the endometriosis.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
He was always very concerned no matter what my questions were.
High dosages in medications, ultra sounds at every visit!
Some of them were great but others seemed like they hated their jobs.
Describe your experience with Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology.
I believe one of there main weaknesses is, the fact they charge so much! They are in a military town and take extreme advantage of that’ also i wish the nurses were more nice to patients along with being more gentle!
$50 per co pay! $150 per clomid dose! 275 for ovadrill and 18,000 for IVF. Also 5400 for my surgery

1 IUI, IVF
Dr. Thirrupathi and my entire experience at Columbus Center for Reproductive‎ Endocrinology & Infertility (CCREI) was absolutely wonderful. One-on-one personal attention & care from Dr.T at each visit. He is very attentive, willing to answer questions & discuss any concerns. If problems arise he is prompt, courteous & professional in providing immediate responses and medical care. I would HIGHLY recommend CCREI to everyone.
1 IUI, IVF

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr T [Prakash Thiruppath] has an amazing bedside manner. He is extremely intelligent, but does not use his intelligence to intimidate patients. He spends as much time with patients as needed, even coming in after hours or on weekends/holidays if needed.... I was always called back promptly, spoken to professionally and with care, accommodate for if needed, and follow ups we’re done frequently.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr T has an amazing bedside manner. He is extremely intelligent, but does not use his intelligence to intimidate patients. He spends as much time with patients as needed, even coming in after hours or on weekends/holidays if needed.
Call his office and get a consultation, ask all your questions and be ready to be amazed.
Compassionate and knowledgeable
Describe your experience with Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology.
The clinic is very busy. New patient appointments can book a ways out, but get put on the waiting list. Cancellations happen and you could get in sooner. It is worth the wait! Especially once you become established.