Medical SchoolU. of Mumbai
530-771-0177
2288 Auburn Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95821
916-568-2125
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Pravin Goud to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend California IVF: Davis Fertility Center to a friend?
I was never given a diagnosis, except that since all the tests appeared normal, it must be an egg quality issue, which I assume means unexplained infertility. There was one time that he [Dr. Goud] returned my call and was attentive and compassionate.... He is a kind person overall and he seems to know what he’s doing, but during my appointments, he seemed very rushed, like he was halfway out the door, and pushing me off to medical assistants to answer my questions.
How was your experience with Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
I was never given a diagnosis, except that since all the tests appeared normal, it must be an egg quality issue, which I assume means unexplained infertility. There was one time that he returned my call and was attentive and compassionate. I had been given off the Wall medical advice from the insurance coordinator and he called to give me an actual medical opinion and set my mind at ease. He is a kind person overall and he seems to know what he’s doing, but during my appointments, he seemed very rushed, like he was halfway out the door, and pushing me off to medical assistants to answer my questions. I felt like some of the answers he gave me were incomplete and I had to say “why didn’t you tell me that?” later on. I didn’t feel that my care was tailored to me as an individual.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
I would just be very persistent at getting all the information, take notes, ask that treatment is tailored to me, etc.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Pravin Goud used in your cycles at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center and their degree of success.
IUI because that’s what I wanted to pursue. I didn’t have a good feeling for why I needed IUI, so after 2 attempt, we quit.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachael)
I found the staff overall chaotic and disorganized. The follow through for medical records was terrible. The compassion felt totally artificial. One of the assistants told me it was fine to drink alcohol. The insurance coordinator told me at one point, when I called to talk to the doctor, that I was probably getting my period at 3 dpo after ovulation.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Negatives: Medical advice from insurance coordinator. Chaos from nursing staff, lack of follow through, artificial compassion. I never even got a diagnosis and did not have the feeling that my care was comprehensive or tailored to me as an individual. Positives: Great andrologist, doctors were kind, everyone was responsive, easy to get an appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
I have still not been billed. Significant delay.
Sacramento
He gave us very thorough information and listened to all of the details of everything that we have gone through up to this point. We didn't feel rushed to get out of there....Dr. Goud ordered a host of blood tests to be done to explain my 4 miscarriages including, but not limited to, a thyroid panel. He also suggested Counsyl genetic testing that screen for 200 genetic diseases that my husband or I may have. I will be having a Saline Ultrasound and my husband will be having a sperm analysis to determine what our next steps will be.
So far, there is nothing that I can say wrong about Dr. Pravin Goud. We are having a great experience with our first fertility doctor. He is doing what he can to ensure that we get our rainbow baby. He was truthful and honest, but also warm and sincere.
Ask every question you can think of. Write them down before you go. He will answer them all as he is very knowledgeable.
He gave us very thorough information and listened to all of the details of everything that we have gone through up to this point. We didn't feel rushed to get out of there. He gave us information that my regular OB doctor had never told us.
We do not have any results yet but Dr. Goud ordered a host of blood tests to be done to explain my 4 miscarriages including, but not limited to, a thyroid panel. He also suggested Counsyl genetic testing that screen for 200 genetic diseases that my husband or I may have. I will be having a Saline Ultrasound and my husband will be having a sperm analysis to determine what our next steps will be.
The nurses were kind and welcoming on the first day. However, when we had to go back to pick up our kits for Counsyl genetic testing, they were very unorganized. It seemed as if they didn't know why we were there and they couldn't find the kits to give us. We had to wait awhile to receive the correct kits.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and warm feeling. The website is SUPER helpful and answers almost any question you can possibly have. The clinic is in a central location and easy to find. They are also very easy to contact and make appointments with. When I called, I was able to get an appointment for the very next day.
He talked to us about the egg freezing, IVF itself, and the medications involved. The cost was upwards of $25,000. Since our main problem is Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, we are candidates of IVF with PGS which is even more costly.
Describe Pravin Goud's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
We have not gotten to this step yet.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Goud was always polite but our meetings lasted no more than 3 minutes where and then I worked with the coordinator on next steps....The treatment plan wasn’t explained and most of the decisions about the plan seemed to be coming from the coordinators....this lack of communication from him left me feeling insecure about the treatment protocol....Dr. Goud implemented progressive medicine (IUI’s followed by the one IVF I had) to obtain a pregnancy.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Goud was always polite but our meetings lasted no more than 3 minutes where and then I worked with the coordinator on next steps. I understand the medicine can only go so far but this lack of communication from him left me feeling insecure about the treatment protocol. I couldn’t go anywhere else because my insurance only covered services at the clinic he was at.
Be direct with him and ask him a lot of questions when he is in the exam room, otherwise you will only be dealing with the coordinators.
I was able to get pregnant without reproductive asssitance, however that ended in a miscarriage. So I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Therefore Dr. Goud implemented progressive medicine (IUI’s followed by the one IVF I had) to obtain a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachael )
Racgael, the asssigned nursing coordinator was great. If my inquiry was urgent, she called back immediately otherwise she always called back at the end of the day. I do wish she used email.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Strengths: Easy to get an appointment, great new location. Weaknesses: There isn’t a standard way to educate patients. I never had a sit down with my nurse/cooordinator to review the IVF treatment plan. This lack of transparency left me feeling insecure about the treatment protocol because regardless of the outcome proper communication and education ensures that faith in the Dr.’s abilities. I couldn’t communicate directly with my doctor.
$15,102, including meds, for 1 medicated cycle, 3 IUI cycles, IVF retrieval. My insurance covered 50% of all services, not the meds.
Sacramento
He [Dr. Pravin Goud] was very friendly but, other than our initial visit, didn't spend a lot of time explaining the procedures. He didn't seem that interested in our outcome...Dr. Goud is very nice but I didn't feel we received personalized attention. Communication seemed to be of the bare minimum variety. Bills were received months after treatment - it was unclear why they were so delayed. Also the bills listed the wrong phone number to call with questions.
He was very friendly but, other than our initial visit, didn't spend a lot of time explaining the procedures. He didn't seem that interested in our outcome.
Be sure to make the most of your time with him, and ask all of your questions. It's difficult to get in touch with staff in between appointments.
Some of the front desk staff were not very friendly. I could never get a hold of my coordinator, and would often have to call 2-3 times to get a call back. Often my coordinator said she hadn't received the message that I called. Dr. Goud is very nice but I didn't feel we received personalized attention. Communication seemed to be of the bare minimum variety. Bills were received months after treatment - it was unclear why they were so delayed. Also the bills listed the wrong phone number to call with questions.
We did three rounds of IUI, using Letrizole and Clomid. The first round, we got pregnant but it resulted in an incomplete miscarriage. We did not get pregnant on the next two rounds, though on one of them my fiancé's sperm count was low so there was a low likelihood of success based on that. After the third round, I changed jobs and got a new insurer, so we switched providers - which was somewhat unfortunate timing as I would have had 50% coverage for IVF under the prior insurer, and will now have to pay out-of-pocket if we elect to try IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
Rachel was great - when you could reach her. The clinic was very busy and you could never reach who you needed when you called. Often I wouldn't hear back after leaving messages, and Rachel (or whomever I was trying to reach) would claim she didn't receive the message. The staff is not very organized or good at relaying messages.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
They are very busy, but run generally on time. They need to get a better system for relaying messages. Front desk staff is not very friendly. Dr. Goud is very nice and competent, but there isn't a lot of individualized attention or communication.
Each round of IUI was about $500 out-of-pocket, as I recall. I had 50% insurance coverage, so that was my share of the cost.
4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr Goud is kind and skilled but he didn't make me feel like i was an individual. It feels like a generic process...Average. Kind, competent but detached...Remind him if you anatomy is different so that he can adjust the procedure to tailor it for you....you really need to stay on top of things, be really proactive...There doesn't seem to be much 'method to the madness', i.e how and when matches are made etc...On the whole, [CA IVF - Davis is] not very organized.
4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Average. Kind, competent but detached. Pretty much my experience from every fertility Dr that I've had........................................................................................................
Be proactive. Understand your treatment and next steps fully so that you can ask the right questions in order to stay informed. Remind him if you anatomy is different so that he can adjust the procedure to tailor it for you.
OCP on third day of cycle lining check (10 days after starting OCP) start Lupron subcut injections when lining check is clear lining check for thickness of uterine lining when above 7.5mm and trilaminar start progesterone IM injections transfer continue with progesterone Beta day 10 Beta day 12 7 wk U/S
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer R)
Jennifer R is excellent. Good communication, timely and compassionate. The other nurses assisted with the procedures. Cierra helped Dr Goud with the ultrasound during the transfer and her skilled and demeanor left a lot to be desired!
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
On the whole, not very organized. I am super pleased to have Jennifer R as my coordinator because some of the others seem very disorganized. There doesn't seem to be much 'method to the madness', i.e how and when matches are made etc.
$12,500 + meds and all other extras (for x 3 cycles)
The Dr and the clinic were fine with me transferring either 1 or 2. I opted for 2.
2013 - 2014
4 IUI, IVF
Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. Goud is very nice and is friendly but I do not feel like he made good choices when it came to my treatment. IUI'S were done when it wasn't clear that I had a viable egg and twice, it appeared as though I ovulated before the IUI but he proceed anyway. Also, he did not do adequate testing to ascertain that my tubes were blocked. We did 2 medicated TI cycles and four medicated IUI'S, paid for out of pocket, with blocked tubes later discovered at another clinic. It was also discovered at the other clinic, that I had uterine polyps, which, had my tubes been clear, would have made implantation unlikely.
2013 - 2014
4 IUI, IVF
Endometriosis, PCOS
Be your own advocate.
Dr. God never seemed to remember me from month to month. He was very nice but often didn't recall the treatment or results from previous cycles. At the end of one cycle, he would recommend a different strategy for the next cycle but not remember he said that when I'd come in the next month.
My first nursing coordinator never returned my calls. I asked to be switched to someone else and was switched. My 2nd nurse, Rachel, was so nice, always remembered me and was kind and compassionate. Once, she didn't receive the message from the front office that I called so she didn't call me back but I doubt that was her fault.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The clinic is nice and seems to be state of the art.
Thus clinic was very expensive and offered no grants or cost saving messures
2011
Dr Goud was the first person who really listened to me and my struggles to get pregnant. He finally figured out why I wasn't getting pregnant and gave me options for treatment. Unfortunately, I never achieved a pregnancy under his care but that was our choice not to continue with treatment. He was very kind and compassionate.... Dr Goud diagnosed my PCOS and started me on metformin.
2011
How was your experience with Pravin Goud at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pravin Goud at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Make sure you understand all your options and make a plan according to what your best changes are of achieving pregnancy with the budget you have for treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pravin Goud at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Dr Goud was very kind and took time to explain things to me so I could make informed decisions regarding my care.
Describe the protocols Pravin Goud used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento and their degree of success.
Dr Goud diagnosed my PCOS and started me on metformin. I did two cycles of cloned and IUI.
The nursing staff were kind but after all these years not very memorable.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
The clinic was good and operated similarly to Kaiser's model for health care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pravin Goud at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
I can't recall