6.8

530-771-0177
2590 Venture Oaks Way
Sacramento, CA 95833
530-771-0177

Dr. Goud treated me like a number, never bothered to call me by my name even prior to my hysteroscopy recommeded by him. He lacks bed side manners, had given me conflicted information on my procedure, and the explanation on treatment given were never throughout. ... After the failed procedure ( myomectomy recommended and never performed), preventive antibiotics were never prescribed.
They [California IVF] seem disorganized when it comes to your medical records. They don't seem to care why you're there for the first time. I had to ask from desk to get to know my care coordinator. A bit cold and distant. ... Post op, my procedure was unsuccessful because I actually had a fibroid (?), and the clinic didn't have the appropriate equipment to handle it (?). ... All praise to my care coordinator who seem to care about me. ...
How was your experience with Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Dr.Goud seems unprepared in this field in comparison to other fertility doctors I had received treatment in the past. There were too many red flags considering my diagnosis: uterine fibroids. During a saline ultrasound one intramural fibroid and a polyp have been visualized. During my pre-op, I've asked him again about myomectomy and he affirmed only a polyp would be removed. I was very confused since it was a conflicted information. Post op, my procedure was unsuccessful because I actually had a fibroid (?), and the clinic didn't have the appropriate equipment to handle it (?). I've been under sedation for nothing and cost me $700 out of pocket to cover anesthesia costs. The procedure total was $2250 and the clinic will send me refund check of $1550. I flew out of town, reserved a hotel, and came back home with the same problem. He was absolutely incompetent for miscalculating my procedure, put me at risk for nothing, wasted my time and money, and never followed up on my condition. I asked to switch providers for my follow up.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Please tell him you have read his reviews and ask why his successful pregnancy rates are so low. Take notes, ask for consultation summary, compare notes during follow up appointments since he's so forgetful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Dr. Goud treated me like a number, never bothered to call me by my name even prior to my hysteroscopy recommeded by him. He lacks bed side manners, had given me conflicted information on my procedure, and the explanation on treatment given were never throughout. He seems very forgetful and clearly didn't review my medical records prior to procedure. After the failed procedure ( myomectomy recommended and never performed), preventive antibiotics were never prescribed. Dr. Goud has tried "to run for the hills" after miscalculating my procedure. No follow up from him or an apology.
Describe the protocols Pravin Goud used in your cycles at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had to had one intramural fibroid removed and he failed my procedure. I've been taking bcps prior to my first saline ultrasound and continue on.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Valerie and Sylvia)
Valerie, care coordinator and Sylvia, OR Nurse are the reasons I'l be back to this clinic. Absolutely phenomenal.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
They seem disorganized when it comes to your medical records. They don't seem to care why you're there for the first time. I had to ask from desk to get to know my care coordinator. A bit cold and distant. My pre-op Nurse was very robotic ( clearly a rookie) but she was acting like reading a script. Just care and compassion, please. It's a fertility clinic. Are you building a family or is it a busine$$ of fertility? All praise to my care coordinator who seem to care about me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Saline ultrasound $600, hysteroscopy $2250 ( got $1550 refund), still had to pay $700 for sedation costs. $15K if I proceed with embryo adoption.
Describe Pravin Goud's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
I had the choice for 1 or 2 to be transferred.
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Dr. Goud didn't follow basic protocol after hysteroscopy by not calling Rx antibiotics or when to call the clinic for ex. excessive bleeding, etc. I had to ask for IV pain meds due to bad cramps ( isn't obvious?) after waking up from sedation. (post op).
Sacramento

I was never given a diagnosis, except that since all the tests appeared normal, it must be an egg quality issue, which I assume means unexplained infertility. There was one time that he [Dr. Goud] returned my call and was attentive and compassionate.... He is a kind person overall and he seems to know what he’s doing, but during my appointments, he seemed very rushed, like he was halfway out the door, and pushing me off to medical assistants to answer my questions.
I found the staff [California IVF: Davis Fertility Ctr] overall chaotic and disorganized. The follow through for medical records was terrible. The compassion felt totally artificial.... Negatives: Medical advice from insurance coordinator. Chaos from nursing staff, lack of follow through, artificial compassion. I never even got a diagnosis and did not have the feeling that my care was comprehensive or tailored to me as an individual. Positives: Great andrologist, doctors were kind, everyone was responsive, easy to get an appointment.
I was never given a diagnosis, except that since all the tests appeared normal, it must be an egg quality issue, which I assume means unexplained infertility. There was one time that he returned my call and was attentive and compassionate. I had been given off the Wall medical advice from the insurance coordinator and he called to give me an actual medical opinion and set my mind at ease. He is a kind person overall and he seems to know what he’s doing, but during my appointments, he seemed very rushed, like he was halfway out the door, and pushing me off to medical assistants to answer my questions. I felt like some of the answers he gave me were incomplete and I had to say “why didn’t you tell me that?” later on. I didn’t feel that my care was tailored to me as an individual.
I would just be very persistent at getting all the information, take notes, ask that treatment is tailored to me, etc.
IUI because that’s what I wanted to pursue. I didn’t have a good feeling for why I needed IUI, so after 2 attempt, we quit.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachael)
I found the staff overall chaotic and disorganized. The follow through for medical records was terrible. The compassion felt totally artificial. One of the assistants told me it was fine to drink alcohol. The insurance coordinator told me at one point, when I called to talk to the doctor, that I was probably getting my period at 3 dpo after ovulation.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
I have still not been billed. Significant delay.
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Multiple people told me it was okay to drink alcohol while on a medicated cycle. Only on the second conversation w/ the doctor and with me pressing him on a specific study, did he admit that it could hurt my egg quality. The insurance coordinator told me I was probably having my period at 4 dpo on a medicated IUI when I called to talk to a doctor or nurse about pain and cramping.
Sacramento

Dr. Goud was always polite but our meetings lasted no more than 3 minutes where and then I worked with the coordinator on next steps....The treatment plan wasn’t explained and most of the decisions about the plan seemed to be coming from the coordinators....this lack of communication from him left me feeling insecure about the treatment protocol....Dr. Goud implemented progressive medicine (IUI’s followed by the one IVF I had) to obtain a pregnancy.
Strengths: Easy to get an appointment, great new location [CA IVF - Sac]. Weaknesses: There isn’t a standard way to educate patients. I never had a sit down with my nurse/cooordinator to review the IVF treatment plan. This lack of transparency left me feeling insecure about the treatment protocol because regardless of the outcome proper communication and education ensures that faith in the Dr.’s abilities. I couldn’t communicate directly with my doctor.
Dr. Goud was always polite but our meetings lasted no more than 3 minutes where and then I worked with the coordinator on next steps. I understand the medicine can only go so far but this lack of communication from him left me feeling insecure about the treatment protocol. I couldn’t go anywhere else because my insurance only covered services at the clinic he was at.
Be direct with him and ask him a lot of questions when he is in the exam room, otherwise you will only be dealing with the coordinators.
I was able to get pregnant without reproductive asssitance, however that ended in a miscarriage. So I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Therefore Dr. Goud implemented progressive medicine (IUI’s followed by the one IVF I had) to obtain a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachael )
Racgael, the asssigned nursing coordinator was great. If my inquiry was urgent, she called back immediately otherwise she always called back at the end of the day. I do wish she used email.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Strengths: Easy to get an appointment, great new location. Weaknesses: There isn’t a standard way to educate patients. I never had a sit down with my nurse/cooordinator to review the IVF treatment plan. This lack of transparency left me feeling insecure about the treatment protocol because regardless of the outcome proper communication and education ensures that faith in the Dr.’s abilities. I couldn’t communicate directly with my doctor.
$15,102, including meds, for 1 medicated cycle, 3 IUI cycles, IVF retrieval. My insurance covered 50% of all services, not the meds.
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
During one IUI cycle th Rx wasn’t submitted and I had to follow up.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Pravin Goud] was very friendly but, other than our initial visit, didn't spend a lot of time explaining the procedures. He didn't seem that interested in our outcome...Dr. Goud is very nice but I didn't feel we received personalized attention. Communication seemed to be of the bare minimum variety. Bills were received months after treatment - it was unclear why they were so delayed. Also the bills listed the wrong phone number to call with questions.
Each round of IUI [at California IVF] was about $500 out-of-pocket, as I recall. I had 50% insurance coverage, so that was my share of the cost...They are very busy, but run generally on time. They need to get a better system for relaying messages. Front desk staff is not very friendly. Dr. Goud is very nice and competent, but there isn't a lot of individualized attention or communication.
He was very friendly but, other than our initial visit, didn't spend a lot of time explaining the procedures. He didn't seem that interested in our outcome.
Be sure to make the most of your time with him, and ask all of your questions. It's difficult to get in touch with staff in between appointments.
Some of the front desk staff were not very friendly. I could never get a hold of my coordinator, and would often have to call 2-3 times to get a call back. Often my coordinator said she hadn't received the message that I called. Dr. Goud is very nice but I didn't feel we received personalized attention. Communication seemed to be of the bare minimum variety. Bills were received months after treatment - it was unclear why they were so delayed. Also the bills listed the wrong phone number to call with questions.
We did three rounds of IUI, using Letrizole and Clomid. The first round, we got pregnant but it resulted in an incomplete miscarriage. We did not get pregnant on the next two rounds, though on one of them my fiancé's sperm count was low so there was a low likelihood of success based on that. After the third round, I changed jobs and got a new insurer, so we switched providers - which was somewhat unfortunate timing as I would have had 50% coverage for IVF under the prior insurer, and will now have to pay out-of-pocket if we elect to try IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
Rachel was great - when you could reach her. The clinic was very busy and you could never reach who you needed when you called. Often I wouldn't hear back after leaving messages, and Rachel (or whomever I was trying to reach) would claim she didn't receive the message. The staff is not very organized or good at relaying messages.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Each round of IUI was about $500 out-of-pocket, as I recall. I had 50% insurance coverage, so that was my share of the cost.
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
I think that at one point I had to call to remind them to order the Letrizole for our IUI round - but I don't remember for sure.
Davis
2013 - 2014, Unsuccessful
Dr. Goud is very nice and is friendly but I do not feel like he made good choices when it came to my treatment. IUI'S were done when it wasn't clear that I had a viable egg and twice, it appeared as though I ovulated before the IUI but he proceed anyway. Also, he did not do adequate testing to ascertain that my tubes were blocked. We did 2 medicated TI cycles and four medicated IUI'S, paid for out of pocket, with blocked tubes later discovered at another clinic. It was also discovered at the other clinic, that I had uterine polyps, which, had my tubes been clear, would have made implantation unlikely.
My first nursing coordinator [at California IVF] never returned my calls. I asked to be switched to someone else and was switched. My 2nd nurse, Rachel, was so nice, always remembered me and was kind and compassionate. Once, she didn't receive the message from the front office that I called so she didn't call me back but I doubt that was her fault.
Be your own advocate.
Dr. God never seemed to remember me from month to month. He was very nice but often didn't recall the treatment or results from previous cycles. At the end of one cycle, he would recommend a different strategy for the next cycle but not remember he said that when I'd come in the next month.
My first nursing coordinator never returned my calls. I asked to be switched to someone else and was switched. My 2nd nurse, Rachel, was so nice, always remembered me and was kind and compassionate. Once, she didn't receive the message from the front office that I called so she didn't call me back but I doubt that was her fault.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The clinic is nice and seems to be state of the art.
Thus clinic was very expensive and offered no grants or cost saving messures
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
I could only cycle there every other month because they could never manage to get ahold of my insurance company at the beginning of each cycle. I also had a cycle delayed because the front office never gave my nurse the message I called on cycle day 1.