6.8

530-771-0177
2590 Venture Oaks Way
Sacramento, CA 95833
530-771-0177

He gave us very thorough information and listened to all of the details of everything that we have gone through up to this point. We didn't feel rushed to get out of there....Dr. Goud ordered a host of blood tests to be done to explain my 4 miscarriages including, but not limited to, a thyroid panel. He also suggested Counsyl genetic testing that screen for 200 genetic diseases that my husband or I may have. I will be having a Saline Ultrasound and my husband will be having a sperm analysis to determine what our next steps will be.
The clinic [CA IVF: Davis Fertility Ctr] is very clean and warm feeling.... The clinic is in a central location and easy to find. They are also very easy to contact and make appointments with. When I called, I was able to get an appointment for the very next day.... The nurses were kind and welcoming on the first day. However, when we had to go back to pick up our kits for Counsyl genetic testing, they were very unorganized. It seemed as if they didn't know why we were there and they couldn't find the kits to give us. We had to wait awhile to receive the correct kits.
How was your experience with Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
So far, there is nothing that I can say wrong about Dr. Pravin Goud. We are having a great experience with our first fertility doctor. He is doing what he can to ensure that we get our rainbow baby. He was truthful and honest, but also warm and sincere.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Ask every question you can think of. Write them down before you go. He will answer them all as he is very knowledgeable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
He gave us very thorough information and listened to all of the details of everything that we have gone through up to this point. We didn't feel rushed to get out of there. He gave us information that my regular OB doctor had never told us.
Describe the protocols Pravin Goud used in your cycles at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We do not have any results yet but Dr. Goud ordered a host of blood tests to be done to explain my 4 miscarriages including, but not limited to, a thyroid panel. He also suggested Counsyl genetic testing that screen for 200 genetic diseases that my husband or I may have. I will be having a Saline Ultrasound and my husband will be having a sperm analysis to determine what our next steps will be.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The clinic is very clean and warm feeling. The website is SUPER helpful and answers almost any question you can possibly have. The clinic is in a central location and easy to find. They are also very easy to contact and make appointments with. When I called, I was able to get an appointment for the very next day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pravin Goud at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
He talked to us about the egg freezing, IVF itself, and the medications involved. The cost was upwards of $25,000. Since our main problem is Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, we are candidates of IVF with PGS which is even more costly.
Describe Pravin Goud's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
We have not gotten to this step yet.
Sacramento

At my first consultation I felt like a number and everything was generic. ... He [Dr. Goud] apologized sincerely for it taking a few weeks before everyone realized that my situation was not improving. I really appreciated that. ... It was discovered that I have diminished ovarian reserve. ... When we discussed treatments he was willing for me to try IUI instead of IVF. He never pushed treatments or medication on me.
I was always able to schedule quickly and when it was convenient for me. I never had an appointment canceled. At times they [CA IVF] would be running behind and the wait would be long but that wasn’t every time. I was able to get an IUI on a Saturday and call and get a response when needed. ... I did not always have Rachel as a nurse and I definitely missed her when she wasn’t there. ... I had many other kind nurses but Rachel really stood out.
At my first consultation I felt like a number and everything was generic. But he did seem confident that I could get pregnant. After a few setbacks it was discovered I needed surgery. He apologized sincerely for it taking a few weeks before everyone realized that my situation was not improving. I really appreciated that. That he acknowledged what I was feeling. When we discussed treatments he was willing for me to try IUI instead of IVF. He never pushed treatments or medication on me. I felt like I had control of my care in that aspect. I always felt comfortable and taken care of while under his care.
Ask questions whenever you feel like something hasn’t been fully explained.
He always remembered me when he came in the room. Remembered the surgery he had performed for me. But after having a chemical pregnancy he did not remember that it had happened and he didn’t remember how many IUI’s had been done. But, overall I did feel like he was doing treatments that were right for my body and situation.
It was discovered I needed to surgery as I had multiple polyps in my uterus. Dr. Goud successfully performed that procedure for me. I think had a saline ultrasound which showed a clean uterus and open tubes. It was discovered that I have diminished ovarian reserve. My baseline follicle count was always below 5. I was upfront with our decision to not pursue IVF at that time. Dr. Goud never pushed that on us and was willing to try IUI cycles. Our first cycle was with letrozole cycle days 5-9. A trigger shot of pregnyl cycle day 13. We did IUI cycle day 15. A booster shot of pregnyl cycle day 16 and 19. That cycle was not successful. We immediately started a second cycle. This time with letrozole all on cycle day 3 and follistim injectable. We added the injectable with the hope of getting more follicles. Adding follistim got me 3 follicles instead of just one. This time we did IUI in cycle day 12. Again with pregnyl trigger and booster shots. This IUI cycle resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Our third and final IUI was just like our second. Since those medications had worked we tried it again. This cycle was unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel )
My regular nurse Rachel was wonderful. Very compassionate, kind, understanding. I did not always have Rachel as a nurse and I definitely missed her when she wasn’t there. But if I needed to call in for a question she was who I spoke to. I had many other kind nurses but Rachel really stood out.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
I was able to get my initial appointment very quickly. I was always able to schedule quickly and when it was convenient for me. I never had an appointment canceled. At times they would be running behind and the wait would be long but that wasn’t every time. I was able to get an IUI on a Saturday and call and get a response when needed.
For an IUI we paid for a cycle day 3 ultrasound ($300), an appointment to check follicle growth and to be given trigger instructions (about $265) and the insemination and sperm wash ($290). Letrozole cost $12 at Costco, Pregnyl was almost $100 through the pharmacy the clinic uses, and Follistim was almost $600. There are discounts available for my husband being a veteran they we used for our last cycle. Other appointments were covered by our insurance.
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
When ordering IUI medications my nurse was wonderful in feeling ya the cheapest place to fill the letrozole. But my injectables and trigger shot were not send the the pharmacy in a timely manner and I had to call and ask for it to be faxed again.

2015, Unsuccessful
Dr Goud noticed an endometrial cyst and did not discuss it with me at first. This was my only real complaint with him. ... I felt like Dr. Goud was very responsive to my concerns. He tailored my testing to address my concerns and tailored my cycle to address the failed cycles. ... I felt as though Dr. Goud came with a fair amount of knowledge and experience ...
I was impressed with this clinic [California IVF] in that the nurses were responsive and knowledgeable, but all of the treatments were either with my doctor or the doctor on call. ... I liked that they have a partnership with UC Davis, and went so far as to send me to a MFM doctor at UC Davis prior to beginning IUI. ... One thing I didn't like was that when I asked to leave a message for my nurse, the front office would take a message, rather than sending me to her voicemail.
I felt as though Dr. Goud came with a fair amount of knowledge and experience. He and the other doctor I saw in the clinic were able to back up everything with the latest research and statistics. It was important to me to have a doctor that not only was forwarding his own knowledge, but had a learning and research based practice, and I felt comfortable with Dr. Goud due to this as he was published in his own research and was curious about making sure he had all the information and testing needed to address my issues.
Be open and honest about your concerns, don't be afraid to speak up, because he is open and willing to address these. Don't be afraid to question why they do what they do. I was so confused at first as to why they did things so differently from my previous clinic. An IUI is an IUI is an IUI, right? But both Dr. Goud and Dr. Zeringue (who completed one of my IUIs) were open to this, and backed it all up with research. They never seemed offended or too proud or conceited to answer my questions.
It may have been because I came in guns a'blazin' after my rough experience with my previous doctor, but I felt like Dr. Goud was very responsive to my concerns. He tailored my testing to address my concerns and tailored my cycle to address the failed cycles. They actually refused to start treatment when they were waiting to get results back from some nutritional tests. He listened when I said I'd rather get more testing done on the front end rather than push through and try treatments blindly.
We completed 3 IUIs with letrozole. Dr. Goud wanted to change the medications as I had not had successful cycles with clomid. I believe they may have also tried different sperm washes as well. None of our IUI's resulted in a pregnancy and he recommended we move on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: I don't recall her name)
First I will say after my last experience with a previous clinic in which almost all of my treatments and communication was with the nursing staff or nurse practitioner, I was impressed with this clinic in that the nurses were responsive and knowledgeable, but all of the treatments were either with my doctor or the doctor on call. This clinic only had one more doctor on staff (3) than my previous one (2). My IUI nurse gave me a one-on-one injection class to show how I was to mix, dose, and inject the HCG trigger and my shots after the IUI. One thing I didn't like was that when I asked to leave a message for my nurse, the front office would take a message, rather than sending me to her voicemail. I was always nervous about this, that my message would be jumbled or lost, but was not my experience. My messages were always returned, and not jumbled to my knowledge.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
When I went there, they were between their Sacramento clinic and the Davis clinic. It was a little confusing as I always had to clarify which clinic I was going to and the one in Davis was very small, which made the busy days very awkward, with lots of couples crammed in there, trying not to make eye contact. There was one day we were there for a treatment and the nurses and staff all lined up to applaud and congratulate a couple who was leaving that had gotten pregnant. It was sweet to see what a big deal they made it and the couple left in (happy) tears. They are now settled in another Sacramento clinic and no longer using the others, so the confusion I mentioned before should not be an issue any longer. I liked that they have a partnership with UC Davis, and went so far as to send me to a MFM doctor at UC Davis prior to beginning IUI. Also, when I called to make an appointment for my first IUI, they checked my chart and then told me I couldn't start until the tests the MFM doctor had requested were performed. They apologized profusely, explaining that if I started and the results came back with concern, the cycle would be canceled and they didn't want to risk that. Having come from a clinic that I felt was just herding us through and not doing their due diligence, I couldn't be upset with this and was thankful that they were so thorough.
All my visits and testing were covered under my insurance. We paid out of pocket for the IUI's, which were less than $1000 per cycle. We also had to purchase a $100 trigger shot that was used at each cycle.
This was not discussed with him as we never completed an IVF cycle with this clinic.
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
Nothing specific or as serious as what I had marked, but I did want to note that during my second IUI, Dr Goud noticed an endometrial cyst and did not discuss it with me at first. This was my only real complaint with him. At first, he said he was just checking on things and tried to make it sound light, but I knew that wasn't true as he had not spent that much time on my ultrasounds or taken pictures of the ultrasounds and color contrasts of the images before. He had noted it in my chart though, so at my next visit, when Dr. Zeringue did the IUI, he mentioned that "with the endometriosis, it may take a little longer." When I questioned him and stated that I didn't have endometriosis, he was the one to tell me that I had an endometrial cyst and while that wasn't a diagnosis, they were just going to operate under the assumption that I had endometriosis.