7.3

Washington DC
2440 M Street NW
Washington, DC 20037

2004 - 2011, Successful
Felt that Sacks ( who I love) still spent too much time looking at the numbers and not at ME...Sacks is caring but with me at least, was not as creative or thoughtful as he could have been. It took me three years to get pregnant and I felt more like he was following his standard playbook than thinking through what I really needed. I finally did some of my own research and after 3 years of trying, I suggested I should be on Metformin. Given my history of PCOS this seemed like an obvious choice and he was not especially receptive when I suggested it.
Staff [at Columbia Fertility] was outstanding - compassionate, thoughtful, clear, encouraging. fabulous...Sacks is caring but with me at least, was not as creative or thoughtful as he could have been. It took me three years to get pregnant and I felt more like he was following his standard playbook than thinking through what I really needed...Felt that Sacks ( who I love) still spent too much time looking at the numbers and not at ME.
How was your experience with Preston Sacks at Columbia Fertility Associates?
Sacks is caring but with me at least, was not as creative or thoughtful as he could have been. It took me three years to get pregnant and I felt more like he was following his standard playbook than thinking through what I really needed. I finally did some of my own research and after 3 years of trying, I suggested I should be on Metformin. Given my history of PCOS this seemed like an obvious choice and he was not especially receptive when I suggested it. But we did try it and I was pregnant within 6 weeks. A miracle!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Preston Sacks at Columbia Fertility Associates?
Push to see him directly (as opposed to just reviewing your data) and encourage him to review your chart beyond the numbers. I was just within the range of normal in several categories so he never identified me as a candidate for different treatment. But in retrospect, the aggregation of these data points created a very different picture when put all together.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Preston Sacks at Columbia Fertility Associates?
I eventually succeeded with a drug that I found through my own research. Felt that Sacks ( who I love) still spent too much time looking at the numbers and not at ME.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Columbia Fertility Associates.
Staff was outstanding - compassionate, thoughtful, clear, encouraging. fabulous
Preston Sacks
Bethesda
2010 - 2011, Unsuccessful
[Dr.] Sacks has a huge ego and when we mentioned we wanted to see Dr David in NY about immunological issues and adjunct alternative care, Sacks flipped out and was very rude to us. He is a good doc, but the ego comes with, and he is closed to immunological issues.
The [Columbia] office staff could care less about patients...if you are 42 or over, go to NY. DC labs can't handle older eggs. Check the SART stats to confirm my statement.
How was your experience with Preston Sacks at Columbia Fertility Associates?
Dr. sacks is one of the best in DC. I would probably send people to Dr. Abbasid instead since she does immunological issues. Two big problems here: sacks has a huge ego and when we mentioned we wanted to see Dr David in NY about immunological issues and adjunct alternative care, Sacks flipped out and was very rude to us. A very bad experience. Second, if you are 42 or over, go to NY. DC labs can't handle older eggs. Check the SART stats to confirm my statement.
See Dr. Abbasi instead, or prep yourself for a big ego and stupid, irrelevant conversations about restaurants and the fancy private club Sacks belongs to.... He is a good doc, but the ego comes with, and he is closed to immunological issues. Also, he thought I had a blocked tube while two other docs looking at the same photos disagreed with.
The office staff could care less about patients. The doctor was good at first. Not later.
Preston Sacks