Available by cell phone
Westerville
540 N. Cleveland Ave
Westerville, OH 43082
614-895-3333
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Priya Maseelall to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Gynecology to a friend?
2020
During our consults she [Dr. Priya Maseelall] sat and spoke to us across a table, instead of while typing in a computer. She is compassionate but direct...was very direct and clear in explaining to us why we were not getting pregnant. After being labeled as "unexplained" for 3 years by another physician, she sat us down and showed us exactly what our issue was...at no point did I feel she was apathetic. When our last IUI did not work, we had a consult for IVF where she explained everything clearly and patiently answered all of my questions.
RGI is a very busy clinic. I have felt a little rushed when there for ultrasounds or bloodwork. However the staff is always kind and compassionate. I do feel that they could do a little better job explaining the process for each appointment...RGI/Dr Maseelall are strong supporters of eSET. We had to attend an IVF meeting where they explained their rationale for this. It was clear, and I agree with that plan.
2020
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Maseelall was very direct and clear in explaining to us why we were not getting pregnant. After being labeled as "unexplained" for 3 years by another physician, she sat us down and showed us exactly what our issue was. Although she was direct, at no point did I feel she was apathetic. When our last IUI did not work, we had a consult for IVF where she explained everything clearly and patiently answered all of my questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Come into your consult prepared with any questions you might have. I had a list of them, and she did a great job of patiently answering each one until I felt comfortable and satisfied.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Although RGI Akron is a very busy clinic, they do a pretty good job of making you feel like a person through this journey. During our consults she sat and spoke to us across a table, instead of while typing in a computer. She is compassionate but direct, which I really appreciated.
Describe the protocols Priya Maseelall used in your cycles at Reproductive Gynecology and their degree of success.
I had previously done 2 rounds of Clomid and IUI with a different clinic. She explained that she would like to try one more round of IUI using a different medicine, but if that didn't work we would proceed to IVF. For that round we used the oral Letrozole with a trigger shot and then an IUI. We didn't get pregnant, but we knew that our chances were very low for IUI to work.
RGI is a very busy clinic. I have felt a little rushed when there for ultrasounds or bloodwork. However the staff is always kind and compassionate. I do feel that they could do a little better job explaining the process for each appointment. For example when a procedure is complete letting me know whether to wait there when ready, or if they will be back with paperwork, etc. I felt unsure each time what my next set was before leaving.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
RGI is a busy clinic so I have had to wait past my appointment time a few times. It is a private practice clinic, so things are a little more personal than my previous experience at a large Clinic. They are always good about getting back to me if I call and leave a message. They are one of the only clinics in the area that offers an IVF Guarantee program to bring home a baby. They have multiple locations, so if you need a different appointment time or location, they can be accommodating. Their blood draw lab is on-site, however they use outside labs to process all of their tests - this has led to confusion on the billing side to track what/who each bill was for. Their billing coordinator was very helpful in explaining the charges and different labs they use. I do wish that they had online medical records, I got used to that with my old clinic and think that would be a value add for them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology.
A lot of my testing was outdated (about 3 years old) so I had to have a fair amount of testing done to update my records. Because of that we had a large amount of lab costs. We were charged for our consult and the imaging done. I watch our medical charges carefully due to being mischarged in the past at another Clinic, and I haven't seen any charges through RGI that I didn't agree with. Our IUI was not covered, so that charge was an upfront cash fee.
Describe Priya Maseelall's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Gynecology.
We have not started IVF yet due to Covid-19, however RGI/Dr Maseelall are strong supporters of eSET. We had to attend an IVF meeting where they explained their rationale for this. It was clear, and I agree with that plan.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
During our IUI cycle the clinic forgot to call in my prescription for my trigger shot. This is a time and temperature sensitive medication. They use a mail order pharmacy and told me that the lab would call me in time to receive my medication. When I hadn't heard from the pharmacy 4 days before I needed it I called them. They said they didn't have an Rx on file. So I had to call the clinic and get it sorted out, which they told me they forgot to send it. By this time it was the next day, a Friday, and I had to pay overnight weekend shipping fee to receive the medication in time for my Monday appointment. Only to get to my appointment and explain what happened to Dr Maseelall for her to say, they keep backups there in the office that I could have used. I was frustrated, but accidents happen. I also could have called the pharmacy earlier to check - and will from now on.
Akron

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
After seeing 5 other dr's to try to diagnose the issues I was having (what eventually lead to our infertility), Dr Maseelall and her staff and the ONLY ones that ever took the time and care to really evaluate and listen to what we were telling them and finally found the answer and has been able to treat the underlying cause of our infertility and is now helping us to create a family...has a very upbeat, bubbly personality which meshes very well with my own personality and that of my husband's. I honestly have not seen any weakness in her.
Everyone in the satellite clinic and the main clinic [of Reproductive Gynecology] are friendly and knowledgeable. And the nurses generally work between both my staellite office and the main office, so I was seeing familiar faces at either place. The satellite clinics are only used for basic appointments, so all of our procedures were done at the main office...the ERA was unsuccessful. The lab said that there wasn't enough tissue to perform the test.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Maseelall is very kind and compassionate. She not only took the time to diagnose and treat the underlying cause of our fertility problems but she also took the time to get to know us as a couple. Some may view it as a weakness, but I feel that a doctor that truly knows her patients and can actually empathize with them, with what they are going through, is far superior. She gave us honest, straightforward answers to every question we have asked. She has never sugar-coated anything, but has given us the truth and facts in a manner that was easy for us to understand but yet that we grasped the severity of the situation. Every surgery that she has performed on me, I sae her prior to the surgical appointment and then again in the OR prior to being put under. Which, for me, was a huge relief, knowing that she was there. My family is very strong in our faith and we pray about everything. And she has never looked at me like I was crazy or treated me like my faith wasn't just as important as her medical knowledge -which I had had in the past from a previous dr who told me that it wasn't! Dr Maseelall has a very upbeat, bubbly personality which meshes very well with my own personality and that of my husband's. I honestly have not seen any weakness in her.
Go! Don't wait like everyone says. We listened to people -including drs- who said we had plenty of time. That we were still young. But guess what? Those people, those DOCTORS didn't diagnose me with PCOS, and because of that. The waiting just led to a more serious condition - complex endometrial hyperplasia with a-typia. Something that could have FULLY taken my fertility and ability to ever carry a child, had Dr Maseelall not caught it and then treated it with tenacity.
Dr Maseelall has always taken the time to answer EVERY SINGLE QUESTION we have ever had. When our FET using donor embryo failed, she was more upset than we were!! We've been through so many let downs that we truly didn't expect a positive result, even though we tried to stay positive. She was genuinely upset and honestly, was puzzled as to why the embryo didn't attach. The entire staff treats you like you are the only patient they are seeing, taking the time to answer questions and really talk to you. After seeing 5 other dr's to try to diagnose the issues I was having (what eventually lead to our infertility), Dr Maseelall and her staff and the ONLY ones that ever took the time and care to really evaluate and listen to what we were telling them and finally found the answer and has been able to treat the underlying cause of our infertility and is now helping us to create a family.
Our very first round, we used lupron to suppress my own hormones. Then I started taking estradiol and baby aspirin. We had to cancel the cycle because I spontaneously ovulated -something I hadn't done in nearly 7 years. She then had me take provera to force me to have a period to shed the lining. When our next cycle was to start, Dr Maseelall discovered that I had developed a cyst so she had us delay the cycle until the cyst disappeared or shrank. We then decided to use letrozole and use my own natural cycle to prepare my uterus and body for an embryo transfer using a donor embryo. I took 4 letrozole pills every day for 5 days. Several days of monitoring my lining growth and symmetry, the size of the follicles I was creating (I produced a total of 5 with 3 growing large enough to actually be released), and then followed by a shot of hCG to trigger ovualtion, followed by 1 week of progesterone shots, an FET using our donor embryo, and then followed by 10 days of progesterone shots.... And a negative pregnancy test. After the test came back negative, we had a heart-to-heart conversation with Dr Maseelall about our options and chances of our 2nd embryo (we only had 2) implanting if we did another round. She suggested doing an ERA test for our next round to see how receptive my uterine lining actually is. So we did it. Using the same protocol we used for our failed transfer. I only produced 3 follicles this time. And the ERA was unsuccessful. The lab said that there wasn't enough tissue to perform the test. With Christmas a month away, we opted to take a month off and to regroup after the holiday. We have not redone the ERA test as of yet because we have been doing a lot of praying and reevaluating, and discussing the possibility of using a surrogate, which we had discussed with Dr Maseelall the last time we saw her.
Most of the time I have gone in, I have had the same nurse. Just because that is how her schedule fell. All of the nurses were kind and compassionate, taking time to answer questions when asked, and very thorough.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
RGI has several satellite offices in addition to their main office in Akron. It makes seeing your dr even more convenient. I first saw Dr Maseelall at a satellite clinic which was only about 25 minutes from my home, vs the hr drive to the main clinic. Everyone in the satellite clinic and the main clinic are friendly and knowledgeable. And the nurses generally work between both my staellite office and the main office, so I was seeing familiar faces at either place. The satellite clinics are only used for basic appointments, so all of our procedures were done at the main office.
The legal aspect of securing legal rights for our donor embryos cost $5000 for the 1st and an additional $2000 for the 2nd. Our FET cycle, without the cost of medication, cost $3500. For our ERA round, we paid for bloodwork only, which cost us $40 per stick, for a total of $160.
I am grateful that Dr Maseelall explained to us the reasons why she would only transfer one embryo for us. My health and safety were paramount for her.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
At retrieval we got 12 eggs, 11 were mature, 10 fertilized and on day 5 we ended up with 5 embryos to freeze and transfer later...[Dr. Maseelall] guided us to only transfer one. The risk with multiples is high and since we have two embryos that are graded 4AA we are 100% comfortable transferring one to have the best chances of success...Always willing to answer any questions you may have and comfort you in times of need. The only time I felt like a "number" would be on monitoring appointments when she comes in to do ultrasounds and leaves right after that. There doesn't seem to be much time to answer questions because you feel bad taking up time when she is rushing.
The price for our IVF cycle [at Reproductive Gynecology] was 8,000. We had to pay an extra 1,000 to freeze our embryos since I had to have surgery after retrieval. That price includes retrieval, all monitoring and transfer. Meds were a separate cost...We have only had a couple times where they were running late on appointments. Getting blood work is always fast and easy, those nurses are great.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Doctor was great. She was involved every step of the way including testing, two surgeries, retrieval and transfer. She was ready to answer questions and help any way she could. When a road block came up during our treatment, she figured out a way to keep things moving and only pushed our time out a few weeks instead of anything longer. She keeps the patient and the situation in mind while doing everything so that her patients have the best chances of getting the baby they so badly want
Come to your appointments with any questions written down. You never know what will come up during your appointment, so having everything written down helps keep your mind on track, and also help if other questions pop up during the appointment so that you don't forget what you originally wanted to ask. Sometimes she can talk fast and move on, don't be afraid to ask her to explain something again, she is there to help so use her to your advantage
She is a great doctor. Always willing to answer any questions you may have and comfort you in times of need. The only time I felt like a "number" would be on monitoring appointments when she comes in to do ultrasounds and leaves right after that. There doesn't seem to be much time to answer questions because you feel bad taking up time when she is rushing.
Around two weeks of birth control to start. Then 10 days of stims - Menopur and Follistim for all 10 days, around day 5/6 we added in Ganirelix. Day 10 we did the trigger shot as well and 36 hours later we did retrieval. At retrieval we got 12 eggs, 11 were mature, 10 fertilized and on day 5 we ended up with 5 embryos to freeze and transfer later. Being a first timer with IVF I didn't ask a lot of questions on the medications, I trusted that my doctor knew what the best course of action was for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Michelle was great to work with. She always made you feel comfortable and encouraged asking questions. She even left a voicemail and left her personal cell phone number so I could call her back and talk. Michelle and Jenna were great with teaching us how to use the meds. We felt totally comfortable when starting injections because of the knowledge they gave us during the teaching demonstration
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Overall the clinic is great. We have only had a couple times where they were running late on appointments. Getting blood work is always fast and easy, those nurses are great. Sometimes it can be overwhelming walking in and seeing a full waiting room, but they move fast since a lot of people are just getting blood work. The only thing I think they could improve (and this isn't all the time, just a few times) one of the ladies at the front desk sometimes isn't the nicest person. I get that people have bad days, but when you are working in such a sensitive area there should be more compassion and care when dealing with people over the phone and in the office.
Initial testing to determine cause of infertility was sometimes paid by insurance but most times it was not. The price for our IVF cycle was 8,000. We had to pay an extra 1,000 to freeze our embryos since I had to have surgery after retrieval. That price includes retrieval, all monitoring and transfer. Meds were a separate cost. For stims meds we paid about 3,500 for our 10 days of meds. The doctor prescribed them perfectly and we had nothing left over that was wasted, and we had enough to make it through all of our days. Meds for the frozen transfer prep were another cost. I believe those were around $1200. Some of those were covered under insurance so they were cheaper, but the Lupron kit was the most expensive of that process.
Doctor guided us to only transfer one. The risk with multiples is high and since we have two embryos that are graded 4AA we are 100% comfortable transferring one to have the best chances of success

2019 - 2020
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
We did ask her about a multiple embryo transfer, seeming that we thought we would have better results by transferring both embryos. Dr Maseelall explained the risks with that and the end result we wanted was one healthy baby...sat down with my husband and I. She talked to us face to face. She described expectations, she was warm, caring and kind.
I had a surgery, removal of uterine polyps and endometriosis,medications with one egg retrieval, one frozen embryo transfer resulting in one live birth [at Reproductive Gynecology]...The staff at rgi was always helpful.returned phone calls after leaving messages...Our IVF treatments not including my surgery totaled around 10k, my surgery was 21k and 5k out of pocket
2019 - 2020
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Maseelall always made us feel more at ease. She was honest about our low chance of conceiving but never made us feel like she wouldn’t try that much harder for us. At every appointment she answered every question (even ones that might have been crazy) she eased my anxiety. She made my husband and I feel like we belonged there and that she would try to do everything she could to give us a child. We owe Avily’s life to her. Without dr Maseelall our little one wouldn’t be here.
Ask away. Dr Maseelall is Open to answer all questions. She will be honest, she is real.
Dr. Maseelall sat down with my husband and I. She talked to us face to face. She described expectations, she was warm, caring and kind.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle, Jen)
The staff at rgi was always helpful.returned phone calls after leaving messages
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Two locations. Alot of available times . This clinic also was accepted by my insurance after becoming a center for excellence for infertility treatments. The offices are easy to find, clean, and nurses are welcoming and organized
We did ask her about a multiple embryo transfer, seeming that we thought we would have better results by transferring both embryos. Dr Maseelall explained the risks with that and the end result we wanted was one healthy baby. She explained why a single embryo transfer would yield better results. We trusted her and had success with a single transfer.
Canfield

2016 - 2020
Unexplained, Other
In 2017, one round of clomid plus iui [with Dr. Maseelall] resulted in our daughter's birth. In 2019 started iui again, 3 rounds of clomid, about 3 eggs ready per cycle, she waits until one is at least 16mm. Then one round of letrozole (one follicle). Then gonadotropins gonal f 150 for 2 rounds, I overstimulated with 7 follicles then 100 gonal f for 2 more rounds. All with negative pregnancy tests. Now she is recommending ivf.
office [of Reproductive Gynecology] was run like you are a number, very busy, can never reach anyone in person on the phone, you always have to leave a message and wait for a call back...Jen [nurse] was awesome always answered my questions and was very compassionate...They told me my hsg test would be covered when it was not but they made it right by giving me a discount for some of it.
2016 - 2020
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She wants you to have a successful pregnancy and is very kind and blunt. She explains risks and has your best interests in mind. She makes you feel like a friend and is so happy if you become pregnant.
Make sure you figure out a way to get all your questions answered, it can be difficult in this clinic because they are so busy.
Dr always treated me like a human but office was run like you are a number, very busy, can never reach anyone in person on the phone, you always have to leave a message and wait for a call back.
In 2017, one round of clomid plus iui resulted in our daughter's birth. In 2019 started iui again, 3 rounds of clomid, about 3 eggs ready per cycle, she waits until one is at least 16mm. Then one round of letrozole (one follicle). Then gonadotropins gonal f 150 for 2 rounds, I overstimulated with 7 follicles then 100 gonal f for 2 more rounds. All with negative pregnancy tests. Now she is recommending ivf.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
Jen was awesome always answered my questions and was very compassionate. Tried to get me the best deal on my meds and get the most use out of them.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Front office staff is very friendly. Be prepared to rarely get anyone on the phone, always leave messages and they will call you back. That part is very frustrating for someone who works and can't always answer their phone.
Iui was 600. 200 for each monitoring appt, 2 per cycle with clomid, 3 with gonal f. Gonal f cost about $700 per month
She will only do a single embryo transfer for me since I am 31. This is a problem for us doing ivf because we don't want to have left over frozen embryos. I found another Dr that would transfer 2 for me.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Maseelall has been supportive and helping us along this difficult journey. She gave us hope and told us she would do whatever she could to give us a family, and she would help us have a family one way or another. Which truly means a lot to us after going through the loss of your child...This was my first cycle so it was a standard IVF medication protocol. I was on Menopur , Glonal F, Cetrotide. Prior to retrieval I was also taking aspirin, prenatal with iron, Folbic , medrol, and a course of doxycycline. My trigger shot was Pregnyl. I started progesterone in oil prior to my FET.
We only ended up with two 3 day embryos [on our cycle with Reproductive Gynecology]. One was grade excellent and the other was good/average. We decided to transfer both embryos since we only had 2 and given our history...Strength- well organized, state our the art infertility treatments, good appointment availability Weakness- busy office, long wait times , lab not covered by insurance, expensive if insurance is out of network...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
After going through IVF we transferred our only 2 embryos and became pregnant with our son Maxton. We went in for a scheduled csection at 37 weeks and our son died during delivery. We are still searching for answers, but Dr Maseelall has been supportive and helping us along this difficult journey. She gave us hope and told us she would do whatever she could to give us a family, and she would help us have a family one way or another. Which truly means a lot to us after going through the loss of your child.
Ask all your questions so you have a good understanding what’s going on with your treatment. IVF is a complicated process.
After going through IVF we transferred our only 2 embryos and became pregnant with our son Maxton. We went in for a scheduled csection at 37 weeks and our son died during delivery. We are still searching for answers, but Dr Maseelall has been supportive, empathetic, and is helping us along this difficult journey. She gave us hope and told us she would do whatever she could to give us a family, and she would help us have a family one way or another. Which truly means a lot to us.
The nursing staff was supportive and understanding. After we suffered the death or our son the nurses where empathetic and have their condolences.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
$1000 lab work $1000 plus medication cost $11,000 out of pocket for ivf procedure
We only ended up with two 3 day embryos. One was grade excellent and the other was good/average. We decided to transfer both embryos since we only had 2 and given our history.

Male Factor, Other
During our first consult, she greeted my husband and I as individuals. She talked with us about our infertility issues as a couple and explained to us our likelihood of conceiving. She then went on and answered every question that we had. Throughout our first cycle she was personable with each visit and after my miscarriage she was able to answer most questions, and tried to make me feel better...Due to a genetic condition and male factor infertility, she explained our odds of conceiving naturally and even using fertility drugs or IUIs. Because of the rare genetic condition it was in our best interest to do IVF with ICSI and PGS. We did our egg retrieval and started out with 15 eggs, we ended up with 6 embryos sent for PGS testing and 4 came back "normal". We have only done one transfer so far and it was successful, but I miscarried at about 8 weeks.
Our cost for retrieval, ICSI and FET was $12,500, plus meds ($2541) and PGS($1,950) [at Reproductive Gynecology]. Just under $17,000 total...We did our egg retrieval and started out with 15 eggs, we ended up with 6 embryos sent for PGS testing and 4 came back "normal"...Michelle is the IVF nurse coordinator and she was always smiling and able to answer any questions that I had, or was able to find out the answers for me. She knew what she was talking about and always made sure you left knowing the plan.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She was always available for each appointment I had. I felt comfortable discussing issues with her. She takes your emotions into consideration, but can be a little blunt at times. She always is in a positive mood and makes you feel as comfortable as she can while in procedures and ultrasounds.
She is a wonderful tool to have when trying to figure out infertility issues, don't be afraid to ask questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic has several doctors and several different locations that help you find the right doctor and location for you. The staff at the Akron office is wonderful and they know the patients by name. They make you feel welcomed.
Our cost for retrieval, ICSI and FET was $12,500, plus meds ($2541) and PGS($1,950). Just under $17,000 total.
Our doctor suggested eSET due to our age and physical condition. She also discussed that it would be a safer option as there are always added risks with multiple births. We were successful with the implantation of the single embryo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
After I found out that I was pregnant I got a bad sinus cold. I was told by my primary doctor to consult with my RE about starting a certain OTC medicine. I called the office and was told that it was okay to use that OTC med but then at a visit later that week I was told that they advise against using it.
Akron

I really liked Dr. Maseelall she is very friendly and explains everything thoroughly. I always feel like she is rushing and often running behind. I am happy with my choice to switch from my last clinic to this one based solely on my experience with her as a doctor. ... I have dor/ low amh. ... Or dr supported our choice to try on our own without a donor. We did an estrogen priming protocol first then we did several days of menopar and follistim. We also did 4 days of ovidrel and several days of ganarelix. We triggered with lupron due to high estrogen. We retrieved 12 eggs, 5 were mature, 3 fertilized, and 1 made it to freeze.
They [Reproductive Gynecology] are often running behind by an hour or more for appointments. It is extremely hard to get a nurse on the phone for basic questions. The doctors are great if you are willing to tolerate the staff. ... They forgot to call in a prescription. When I called to question they blamed me for the mix up. ... Some team members are great and some are rude/ not compassionate. I stay at this clinic for my doctor not the staff.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
The clinic is often running behind and the support staff is sometimes lacking, but it is with putting to with that to have Dr. Maseelsll in charge of your care.
My doctor is amazing and some of the nursing staff is great some I don't like dealing with. I rarely see my doctor as most interaction is with staff.
I recently just did my furst round of ivf. I have dor/ low amh. We were predicted to only get 1-2 eggs and it was suggested we use donor eggs. Or dr supported our choice to try on our own without a donor. We did an estrogen priming protocol first then we did several days of menopar and follistim. We also did 4 days of ovidrel and several days of ganarelix. We triggered with lupron due to high estrogen. We retrieved 12 eggs, 5 were mature, 3 fertilized, and 1 made it to freeze.
Staff is incredibly hard to get ahold of through the phones. Some team members are great and some are rude/ not compassionate. I stay at this clinic for my doctor not the staff.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
They are often running behind by an hour or more for appointments. It is extremely hard to get a nurse on the phone for basic questions. The doctors are great if you are willing to tolerate the staff.
Our initial deposit was 9 000 we did not do icsi or genetic testing. Or medications were around 5500.
We haven't gotten here in treatment yet.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
They forgot to call in a prescription. When I called to question they blamed me for the mix up. They don't call with my daily blood work results during stims. I have to reach out to them.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Maseelall cares SO MUCH. ... She cares about you beyond your treatments and understands the stress, anxiety, and sadness that can come with infertility. ... Dr. Maseelall is the perfect mix of candid and compassionate with a huge dose of humor mixed in. ... I have several things going against me - PCOS, a blocked Fallopian tube, and MFI. Dr Maseelall suggested we see if IUI would work as a less invasive option, but counseled us to move to IVF if it didn’t work after three cycles.
It’s [Reproductive Gynecology] large and busy, but well managed and you never feel like you are just a number. Scheduling can be tricky, but I don’t think that is the clinic’s fault. I think it’s just a consequence of having so many appointments when you are receiving fertility treatments. ... The nurses are the kindest I have every encountered. The are gentle and compassionate with you and are always willing to answer questions and concerns in person or via phone.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Maseelall is the perfect mix of candid and compassionate with a huge dose of humor mixed in. She instantly makes you feel comfortable talking about what can be a very difficult subject and is willing to answer all questions. She takes time to get to know your personality so that she knows better how to communicate with you and what information to give you. Even though she sometimes has to share difficult news or information, she is always optimistic and hopeful. I never feel uncomfortable around her and infertility treatments can result in many uncomfortable moments.
Think about what questions you want to ask in advance, maybe even write them down. She is very high energy and a fast talker, but she is willing to answer your questions.
Dr. Maseelall cares SO MUCH. She is my favorite doctor I have ever seen (even though I wish I didn’t have to undergo fertility treatments). She cares about you beyond your treatments and understands the stress, anxiety, and sadness that can come with infertility.
I have done three IUI cycles with Letrozale and Ovidrel trigger shot. I just had my third IUI today and we will be pursuing IVF if this fails. I have several things going against me - PCOS, a blocked Fallopian tube, and MFI. Dr Maseelall suggested we see if IUI would work as a less invasive option, but counseled us to move to IVF if it didn’t work after three cycles.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
This is the clinic to go to in our area. It’s large and busy, but well managed and you never feel like you are just a number. Scheduling can be tricky, but I don’t think that is the clinic’s fault. I think it’s just a consequence of having so many appointments when you are receiving fertility treatments.
I have great insurance and only pay 10% co-insurance for fertility treatments.

2017 - 2019
She [Dr. Maseelall] was very descriptive with the procedures and costs. She told us what we needed to do next and she had us get blood work and she followed up quickly. Shes helped us numerous times try to apply for grants and has even recommended them to us as well. Shes very compassionate and helps through every step of the way. Would recommend her to anyone...She stated that we would need to do a sperm freeze to make sure we had a chance for when we came up with the money for ivf. She wanted me to get on birth control to make my menstrual cycles a little more normal. She tried to do everything she could for our health and future.
The labs and cycle was around 10,500 with 5,000 additional cost for medication [at Reproductive Gynecology]. Did offer guarantee up to 3 cycles for 25,000 or money back...The clinic is very nice and clean. It's very welcoming and everyone is so nice. They have private rooms that make you feel comfortable even when sometimes the situation is ackward. It was nice to be able to have the testing done before we got there to be able to discuss everything then.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She cared about us as well as our future and gave options that ivf was going to be our only shot and gave us hope that way. She was very descriptive with the procedures and costs. She told us what we needed to do next and she had us get blood work and she followed up quickly. Shes helped us numerous times try to apply for grants and has even recommended them to us as well. Shes very compassionate and helps through every step of the way. Would recommend her to anyone.
Know that she is going to lead you down a path for happiness but she also has to be honest with you about what will need to happen
She explained everything in detail and she wanted to make sure we understood everything and our next options.
They were very nice and thorough with their questions. So friendly and made you feel comfortable and welcomed.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The labs and cycle was around 10,500 with 5,000 additional cost for medication. Did offer guarantee up to 3 cycles for 25,000 or money back
We never discussed this
Akron

We have maybe spent a total of 10 minutes with this Doctor [Dr. Maseelall]. Our initial visit was to meet with her and discuss our concerns, an initial internal exam and bloodwork for myself and a semen analysis for my husband. The second time we met with her was nearly 2 months later when she sat us down to tell us my husband has azoospermia and I have a lowered egg reserve. Overall this is incredibly disappointing to me and I would expect a doctor
The biggest weakness that I can say is the lack of communication and the inability to reach someone quickly at this clinic [Reproductive Gynecology]....This doctor and office as a whole is incredibly busy and doesn't seem to have the time or resources available to individually address each person as needed. Phone calls often go unanswered for days if even at all and trying to actually reach someone outside of the receptionist is nearly impossible.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
We have maybe spent a total of 10 minutes with this Doctor. Our initial visit was to meet with her and discuss our concerns, an initial internal exam and bloodwork for myself and a semen analysis for my husband. The second time we met with her was nearly 2 months later when she sat us down to tell us my husband has azoospermia and I have a lowered egg reserve. Overall this is incredibly disappointing to me and I would expect a doctor to spend more time explaining the situation, the plan moving forward and to actually deliver the news herself rather than relying on her lab techs and nurses to do so.
Don't expect a lot of help if you are dealing with male infertility. You will immediately be referred to a Urology specialist and told to contact Dr. Maseelall's office once you meet with the urologist and know what he recommends. We have basically been completely handed off with no direction or assistance or even hope of finding a good solution.
This doctor and office as a whole is incredibly busy and doesn't seem to have the time or resources available to individually address each person as needed. Phone calls often go unanswered for days if even at all and trying to actually reach someone outside of the receptionist is nearly impossible. Expect to wait weeks or months to get an appointment and most disappointing of all the Dr. did not even give our diagnosis in person but rather a lab tech called to tell us the disappointing news.
I would say the nursing staff has been the most helpful and compassionate of all. They were always friendly and tried to supply answers and explain the situation if possible. They were very gentle and acted like they cared.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The biggest weakness that I can say is the lack of communication and the inability to reach someone quickly at this clinic. I am the type of person that wants answers and would like someone to be there to help me when needed, especially if I am shelling out thousands of dollars. I do like the convenient location and the fact that the labs and semen analysis labs are all contained within their office, the external hospital labs are right downstairs so this really helps if you are in a time crunch. Overall however we are not overly impressed and we have started to explore other options and doctors.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
Again going back to the lack of communication with this particular clinic we have found that we have to constantly follow up and make sure things get done. We had to follow up and call the doctor ourselves to get our results and schedule our appointments once the results were in. I feel like we have done a lot of chasing rather than receiving a lot of assistance and care.
Akron

I felt indifferent with Dr. Maseelall with how she viewed my wife and I as a patient. When we would meet with Dr. Maseelall she would act pleasant. However, she would not elaborate on information and seemed to rush through consolations.... Dr. Maseelall is a very intelligent doctor, with a vast knowledge of infertility. She is also not afraid to admit when an issue is beyond her expertise and will suggest seeing another doctor to assist with the treatment. However, she often lacks the ability to be fully detailed or to thoroughly explain test results or treatment.
The clinic staff [Reproductive Gynecology] is very kind but at times they are overworked it seems and they may take a little while to follow through with call backs. Also, at times there seems to be confusion with staff based on what another staff member will say will occur when you call back to follow up.... The nursing staff is willing to answer questions and follow through with requests. However, they are often left in the dark by Dr. Maseelall and other doctors.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Maseelall is a very intelligent doctor, with a vast knowledge of infertility. She is also not afraid to admit when an issue is beyond her expertise and will suggest seeing another doctor to assist with the treatment. However, she often lacks the ability to be fully detailed or to thoroughly explain test results or treatment. She also often rushes through consolations, which may make you feel as if another appointment is more important. Lastly, her office at times is poor at returning calls or following through with actions unless you remind them, such as providing records to another doctor.
Be aware that Dr. Maseelall and her staff may not return calls or may rush through appointments. You must be willing to slow her down during an appointment or constantly be willing to have follow-up calls to check in, which can be difficult emotionally especially when you just find out about infertility.
I felt indifferent with Dr. Maseelall with how she viewed my wife and I as a patient. When we would meet with Dr. Maseelall she would act pleasant. However, she would not elaborate on information and seemed to rush through consolations. Her office at times would also be quite poor about returning calls.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic staff is very kind but at times they are overworked it seems and they may take a little while to follow through with call backs. Also, at times there seems to be confusion with staff based on what another staff member will say will occur when you call back to follow up.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic has had issues with sending results to another doctor that Dr. Maseelall recommended, despite Dr. Maseelall stating she would do so. When I called to confirm the results were sent, the nurse was confused about the request as the doctor did not inform her and as result they wee not sent. Also, after conducting tests, the office failed to call my wife and I to schedule a follow up consultation, despite the office saying they would.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
The nursing staff [Reproductive Gynecology] all knows my name, my husbands name, and our situation. They are always so compassionate and friendly from check in to check out.... Their strengths are EVERYTHING. There is seriously not one thing I was ever upset about. I have never been happier and more comfortable at a Doctors office. The receptionist, nurses, and all the doctors CARE. They all stay updated on your journey and know who you are as a person and a patient.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Priya Maseelall is AMAZING! From my first consult with her to still working with her at every appointment. She genuinely cares about my husband and I and our situation. Her goal is to get us pregnant ASAP in the most cost effective way, she understands the financial struggles through all of this and ho expensive it can be. When she found out I had low AMH levels at 28, she called me right away and told me we HAVE to be more aggressive I need to get you pregnant ASAP. Hearing those words reassured me I was at the right place with the right Doctor. I had bounced around from my OBGYN to an Endocrinologist to getting so much blood work, MRI, and other costly tests done all for them not to have any answers. I was referred to this clinic by friends who have achieved pregnancy through them and I felt "at home" from my first appointment. You can tell how much Priya cares about each of her patients and she is an amazing support system through the process. She answers all of our questions thoroughly and until we completely understand. She always reassures us and lets us know what our next options are so we can start planning if this option doesn't work. I can't recommend Priya Maseelall enough!!
She has great bed side manners and such a warm personality, but she is also blunt and will tell it like it is. I appreciate that, I don't like the beating around the bush. But, she always tells it the way it is without being harsh, she does it in such a kind way and that she really wants you to understand.
The nurses, receptionist, and Doctor all know me and my husband by name when we show up for the appointments. Even when I all in to ask a questions they know exactly who I am! They really care and are a great support system through this process.
I have been without a period for over a year, with no explanation from countless doctors or tests. Once I saw Priya Maseelall at my first visit, she looked over all my labs and results and said I have a strong suspicion you have a low egg count, so time is not on our side. We started Clomid and the trigger shot right away, she explained when exactly to take the medicine and shot. I then started progesterone pills after that. She let us know when to do times intercourse and the pregnancy test. My first pregnancy test was negative , so I stopped the progesterone and she reassured me I would have a period because it thickened my lining. I was actually excited I FINALLY got a period and felt like I was on the right path. Of course, I was upset I didn't have a positive pregnancy test also. I started another round of Clomid, went to the Doctor yesterday and she said I had 3 great eggs and a much thicker lining. They did the shot in the office and told us when to do timed intercourse and when to start progesterone again. She also tells me which day to take the pregnancy tests. I am waiting to see how this round turns out. But, with my low ovarian reserve, she let us know next step is to repeat Clomid and shot but try IUI. If that doesn't work we need to look into IVF or start fertility shots. She let us know the cost, benefits, down sides, and side effects of each. They are always so thorough and making sure you leave understanding everything and feel comfortable. They also provide me with pre-natals so I never run out!
The nursing staff all knows my name, my husbands name, and our situation. They are always so compassionate and friendly from check in to check out.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Their strengths are EVERYTHING. There is seriously not one thing I was ever upset about. I have never been happier and more comfortable at a Doctors office. The receptionist, nurses, and all the doctors CARE. They all stay updated on your journey and know who you are as a person and a patient. You can tell each worker there genuinely cares and their goal is to get you pregnant!! The only thing I could think to change is if appointments before yours run long, you have to wait, but I think it is like that everywhere so it doesn't bother me too much. I felt so hopeless and lost going from Doctor to Doctor, it wasn't until I started seeing RGI that I felt peace, a sense of calm, and that I was in the right hands and place. If you are in the NE OH area they are the only Doctors I would recommend for infertility.
I pay $60 every visit for my co-pay. My Clomid is around $20 a prescription, my trigger shots are around $105, and my progesterone was around $40. My tests, blood work, lab work has probably totaled close to a few thousand dollars by now.
Akron

She [Dr. Priya Maseelall] is very kind and caring. She layed out a plan A, B and C before we had to make a choice how we wanted to proceed. I felt informed and in control of my care. When I told her we were preparing for more aggressive treatment she literally squealed with excitement for us!... 150mg clomid days 3-7. The idea being that more targets would hopefully be easier to hit for my husbands 3% normal semen. Moving onto iui while on my final round of clomid. This was her original recommendation. We dont expect iui to be successful and will move on to IVF in the new year.
RGI has a few locations making it easy to get to and also to get seen. I was unable to make the availanke times work at my home location for one particular ultrasound, so they offered me aome alternative times at a near by location. But the biggest strength RGI has is that all the doctors there have personallu experienced infertility personally. I believe this has lead to an exceptional standard of care and a really caring approach.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
She is very kind and caring. She layed out a plan A, B and C before we had to make a choice how we wanted to proceed. I felt informed and in control of my care. When I told her we were preparing for more aggressive treatment she literally squealed with excitement for us!
Air you concerns but at the end of the day is my only regret is not taking her recommended course of action right away.
She is so sweet and genuinely seems like she she is as I vested in getting you pregnant as you are.
I honestly dont find them particularly memorable. But that's not a bad thing, more like you dont notice your car when its running well. They seem like a well oiled machine doing a great job.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
So far i have only had a comprehensive work up under her care and 5x cycles of clomid. Most of the diagnostice testing was covered by my insurance but the staff were thorough in checking what i could get covered and what i couldnt. So so far it has been bery affordable
Has not applied to me yet

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
She [Dr. Priya Maseelall] talked to us like people, however, did not explain as much as I had wished she did...She is a very sweet person, however, I believe that she gave us a sort of false hope as to the likelihood of getting pregnant. I have been a patient since early 2017 and have continued into 2018 as we are now looking into additional options of trying to conceive...IVF cycle after a tube removal and removal of "sever" endometriosis. Injections produced 5 egg, 1 embryo from there. Frozen transfer. In preparation of the transfer, the uterine lining was not thickening tried estrogen and progesterone in oil. Did not work. Then we tried it "naturally" result was that the lining thickened up and completed a transfer.
Strength [at Reproductive Gynecology]: they are very knowledgeable and compassionate. Weakness: they did not explain the likelihood of conception occurring in my situation...I had an HSG completed by Dr. Nash. After, he had told me "everything is good" I responded, "the tubes are open?" "yes". I was elated, however, the next day I had gotten a call that I needed surgery because of a hydrosalpinx that needed to be removed and the doctor may remove both tubes. I was then devastated.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
To ask as many questions as possible, it is the doctor's duty to inform you of every possibility and/or outcome.
She talked to us like people, however, did not explain as much as I had wished she did.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
Michelle and Emily were excellent. Quick to return a phone call and took the time needed to demonstrate and explain everything.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Strength: they are very knowledgeable and compassionate. Weakness: they did not explain the likelihood of conception occurring in my situation. Example: me "so once the embryo is transferred there wouldn't be any issues with it implanting and me carrying a baby right?" "no, of course not, your problem is the ovaries, not the uterus:- Dr. M. I did not anticipate that the transfer would be unsuccessful because of "egg quality" due to "major damage" from endometritis and 2 surgeries that had taken place 6 months prior.
IVF cost to the doctor alone was about $12,000.00
None. I am under 35 so a transfer of 1 embryo made sense.

2013 - 2018
I love that we got to meet such a caring, down to earth, very passionate and honest doctor [Dr. Priya Maseelall]! She goes out of her way to make sure everything is being done that’s possible to do for her patients! She makes us feel very confident after every appointment that we understood anything we might of not understood or had questions about! ... When we first found out about my husbands low sperm count it was during our iui treatment. The doctor was very understand on us still wanting to continue to ivf instead of doing more iui treatments that would not result in a pregnancy at all because of his low sperm counts.
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Gynecology] is so amazing! They are very caring when it comes to the patients each one has a different reason as to why they are they but the nurses still treat every one as if they are their friends or family they have known their entire life and I just love that about them! They are always so happy to see the patients and their journey no matter the outcome!!
2013 - 2018
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
I love that we got to meet such a caring, down to earth, very passionate and honest doctor! She goes out of her way to make sure everything is being done that’s possible to do for her patients! She makes us feel very confident after every appointment that we understood anything we might of not understood or had questions about! If anyone has any doubts about fertility doctors please do not doubt this doctor she’s amazing in every way that you want your fertility doctor to be amazing at! The nurses in the clinic are so welcoming and always happy to see you and your journey no matter the outcome! Everyone goes above and beyond in the office and I could not be more happy that we found this clinic of nurses and our doctor! This journey has been hard on us but they all have made it much easier and more calm for us! I hope that more patients will choose this doctor and office to continue on their fertility journey with because it was the best decision we made in our journey!!
This doctor is very passionate about her job and her patients! I could not ask for a better doctor! She’s amazing and the best at what she does!
When we first found out about my husbands low sperm count it was during our iui treatment. The doctor was very understand on us still wanting to continue to ivf instead of doing more iui treatments that would not result in a pregnancy at all because of his low sperm counts. She was and has been very helpful during this entire journey!
The nursing staff is so amazing! They are very caring when it comes to the patients each one has a different reason as to why they are they but the nurses still treat every one as if they are their friends or family they have known their entire life and I just love that about them! They are always so happy to see the patients and their journey no matter the outcome!!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic has a very warm welcoming feel when you come in the front door! Everyone one is so nice that you meet and really gets to know you and remembers you when you come back each time no matter how much time has passed since your last appointment! The only thing I would say is parking sometimes does get full but there is always a parking space even though it’s packed sometimes!! They also give you parking tokens so never worry about paying for parking!
We did not have insurance to pay for any of our journey while undergoing fertility treatments so we paid mostly out of pocket!
For my age we discussed only doing one embryo which I was perfectly fine with!
Akron

I love having Priya [Dr. Maseelall] as my doctor! She’s kind, but also blunt about the next steps that need to be taken. She is very knowledgeable and will take all the right steps to help you along the journey of infertility.... I was diagnosed with PCOS. She did an ultrasound and blood work to confirm it. I then had an endometrial biopsy done to determine if I had what’s called “hyperplasia”. It was determined I had “simple hyperplasia” which is where my cells crowded together and became abnormal. Because of this, Priya put me on “Megace” for 3 months to get my cells back to normal. She also put me on Merformin to help with my PCOS. I had to return and get another biopsy done to make sure my cells were normal (which they were!).
The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] is amazing! You get in fast, get out in a timely manner, and everything is handled professionally. I love everyone at this clinic! From the ladies at the front desk, to the nurses, doctors and financial advisor, everyone here is amazing and super helpful!... Michelle [a nurse] is amazing! She is there for you when needed, even if you feel like you are just calling to have a “dumb question” answered. She’s always there to help and returns your calls promptly. She makes you feel like part of her family!
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
I love having Priya as my doctor! She’s kind, but also blunt about the next steps that need to be taken. She is very knowledgeable and will take all the right steps to help you along the journey of infertility.
Just be sure you ask all the questions you would like to have answered. That’s what they are there for and they are more than happy to rid you of any confusion and help you to become more comfortable with this process!
Every time I enter the office, I am greeted with a smile! My appointment is very professional but Priya also makes me feel like she’s interested in my life other than jus my infertility. She makes it easy to talk to her and feel comfortable!
I was diagnosed with PCOS. She did an ultrasound and blood work to confirm it. I then had an endometrial biopsy done to determine if I had what’s called “hyperplasia”. It was determined I had “simple hyperplasia” which is where my cells crowded together and became abnormal. Because of this, Priya put me on “Megace” for 3 months to get my cells back to normal. She also put me on Merformin to help with my PCOS. I had to return and get another biopsy done to make sure my cells were normal (which they were!). I was then told we could begin the fertility treatment process, and we are now starting the process of IVF!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Atkins)
Michelle is amazing! She is there for you when needed, even if you feel like you are just calling to have a “dumb question” answered. She’s always there to help and returns your calls promptly. She makes you feel like part of her family!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is amazing! You get in fast, get out in a timely manner, and everything is handled professionally. I love everyone at this clinic! From the ladies at the front desk, to the nurses, doctors and financial advisor, everyone here is amazing and super helpful!
The only major costs were the cost of the IVF cycle, and the blood work. This is only because my insurance is not the greatest and did not cover much on the blood work aspect. My husbands insurance covered a lot of the IVF cycle!
We have not gotten to this point yet.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Maseelall was very kind with her words and actions. However, she was constantly in rush because she’d been very busy and more than half of times she was with trainees...very compassionate, explained all the options for us and recommended to go directly to IVF (we thank her for that)...she canceled our fresh cycle as she found that my lining was not ready yet (and we thank her for that courageous decision, too). However, she was more focused on the IVF than on the my health. For instance, she diagnosed me with PCOS but never prescribed medications for it.
This is a large clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] with multiple great doctors on board. It is often crowded but the privacy is always well preserved. The location pretty nice and the ambiance is relaxing, but the machine are little old. The prices are pleasantly very affordable as compared to other clinics. Plus one can pay in installments if need be...Michelle and the rest of the team were responsive, very efficient, helpful in addition to staying compassionate and cheerful constantly. Furthermore, it happened that we moved out of state just before the transfer and had to travel back to Akron only for the transfer. Michelle perfectly coordinated the process with the monitoring clinic
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
We went for Dr. Maseelall on the recommendation of my OB/GYN. On the first visit, Dr. Maseelall was very compassionate, explained all the options for us and recommended to go directly to IVF (we thank her for that). Furthermore, after egg retrieval, she canceled our fresh cycle as she found that my lining was not ready yet (and we thank her for that courageous decision, too). However, she was more focused on the IVF than on the my health. For instance, she diagnosed me with PCOS but never prescribed medications for it. She diagnosed me with «kissing ovaries» as it was always very hard to see my right ovary. However, during egg retrieval she said that she wasn’t interested to look for my right ovary since we had enough eggs from the left ovary. Finally, she never shared her email address with us.
Do your own research (if you’re already here it means you’re doing great job researching) and ask her as many questions as you can. Ask for your hormone levels —they won’t give it for you if you don’t ask. Ask what does everything mean during an ultrasound session. Don’t settle with a general «every thing is good». Ask what does it mean to have PCOS and how to treat it? Ask when are you allowed to have sex with your partner? Ask if you can pay in installments (our insurance didn’t cover so we’ve done that)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Adkins)
For almost a year, we’ve had only two not so happy instances with Michelle when she insisted not to give us the dosage of the medications (we we’re paying out of pocket and we wanted to save on medications through a different pharmacy) but when she understood the issue she was so helpful. Then it seemed we were not enrolled for the first cycle, but this was a small miscommunication between the team (then we got the famous blue file). Other than these two instances, Michelle and the rest of the team were responsive, very efficient, helpful in addition to staying compassionate and cheerful constantly. Furthermore, it happened that we moved out of state just before the transfer and had to travel back to Akron only for the transfer. Michelle perfectly coordinated the process with the monitoring clinic even through the hard time of my first ectopic pregnancy of unknown location that ended with methotrexate injections. Also, we again moved to a third state, and Michelle again perfectly coordinated our embryos shipment and medical files transfer to the new clinic.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
This is a large clinic with multiple great doctors on board. It is often crowded but the privacy is always well preserved. The location pretty nice and the ambiance is relaxing, but the machine are little old. The prices are pleasantly very affordable as compared to other clinics. Plus one can pay in installments if need be.
Very very affordable as compared to other clinics: $200 for ultrasound, $5000 for retrieval, $1500 transfer, $150 embryo strorage

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
I felt like a human with my doctor [Dr. Maseelall] because she took the time to know us and asked questions. She was always available to meet and discuss everything we were going through. Her disposition is amazing, warm, caring, and family oriented...great compassion and care for each phase of the process. Even when we found out that there was a fibroid over one of my ovaries, she made sure that let me know all that could and would be done to ensure our (eggs and me) safety.
Michelle and Emily [nurses at Reproductive Gynecology] are amazing. I was given their personal cell number to call if I had and concerns or complications. They were thorough, caring, direct, friendly, and excellent communicators. They made sure to teach my husband and myself on how to use the medicine. They knew who I was each time I came to my appointment. That added to the feeling of being seen as a person not a number.
Black or African-American, Middle Eastern, Native American
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Maseelall is the best physician for IVF and our journey. She is so hands on and patient with you. She may run late for the next patient but that is due to her making sure you are feeling ok with everything before she ends your appointment. I truly appreciate that because IVF is scary and can be overwhelming. Dr Maseelall has great compassion and care for each phase of the process. Even when we found out that there was a fibroid over one of my ovaries, she made sure that let me know all that could and would be done to ensure our (eggs and me) safety. I will continue with her until we have a baby.
I would tell any prospective patient to be patient at your appointment. She may run over and be a little late with your appointment but it's because she provides individual focus on you. Other than that, you will be comfortable and at ease with everything and everyone.
I felt like a human with my doctor because she took the time to know us and asked questions. She was always available to meet and discuss everything we were going through. Her disposition is amazing, warm, caring, and family oriented.
The treatment strategy that was used was IVF with ICSI. My husband had to go through a procedure called PESA due to not being able to release sperm. Due to that IVF with ICSI was the best and only option. I had to undergo surgery to remove fibroids before beginning the cycle of medicine. This was done because the best implantation place was where the fibroids were. Due to my age, 37, the protocol was semi aggressive to make sure I would get enough eggs that were healthy. I was prescribed injectable cetrotide, gonal-f, low dose hCG, novarel, and progesterone in oil. Also the hormones that I was taking could make the fibroids grow. My ovaries did respond to the treatment but not as well as we wanted. I was producing eggs but the were not maturing as fast as we wanted. In addition when it became time to retrieve my eggs there was a fibroid over the left ovary that made retrieval hard. The eggs we're compromised by trying to go through the fibroid, so no eggs were taking from that ovary. We only obtained one mature egg to fertilize. They used my husband's sperm that was collected through the PESA procedure to fertilize the egg. We had the 3day embryo transferred and waited. When it came time to have a pregnancy test and sonogram, we had learned that I had miscarried. Sadly since we only had one egg, we have to repeat the process all over again.
Michelle and Emily are amazing. I was given their personal cell number to call if I had and concerns or complications. They were thorough, caring, direct, friendly, and excellent communicators. They made sure to teach my husband and myself on how to use the medicine. They knew who I was each time I came to my appointment. That added to the feeling of being seen as a person not a number.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
This clinic was the best out of 3 that I had consults at. The clinic is clean and comfortable. The staff is caring, personable, and great at communicating with you. The physician staff is patient and thorough with you as well as your treatment. All positives and strengths considering what I experienced elsewhere.
The financial cost was a little over $10,000 for one IVF cycle. That did not include the $3000-4000 in medication costs.
I did have questions about single vs multiple transfer in the beginning. But for the safety of both baby and mother, I see that single transfer is best in some cases. In my case, single was best.

Unexplained, Other
Dr. Maseelall is truly the best. Defeated after two failed IUIs and a previous doctor that just didn’t care or listen, Dr. Maseelall give me hope.. and ultimately a son through IVF. Each visit, she would sit down and explain next steps. She always took time to answer my questions - no matter how many questions I had. When I started bleeding early in my pregnancy, Dr. Maseelall personally called me on a Saturday to check in and agreed to see me before her office opened on Monday. A+ doctor all around.
Michelle and all of the nurses at RGI are amazing! They are so helpful and always call you back right away should a question come up!.. I was prescribed Gonal-F in conjunction with a few other medications. I was not responding well, and ended up needing to stim longer than expected. RGI gave me additional Gonal-F free of charge to get me to egg retrieval. We ended up having to freeze all eggs and transfer frozen about 45 days post-retrieval.
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Trust her. She truly has your best interest at heart and wants to help you.
She treats each patient with care and explains why she is recommending the care for you specifically. She is honest and direct, but speaks to you with such care. She also remembered many personal characteristics, not fertility related, about myself and my husband.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
RGI is a fantastic clinic with many amazing doctors. I truly cannot think of any negatives or weaknesses. We received exceptional care from everyone at RGI. We live in a Cleveland, so it was over an hour drive each way.. and the drive was more than worth it.
We paid about $7,000 out of pocket, but had infertility insurance coverage.
Due to my age (30) and the fact that this was my first IVF cycle, she recommended transferring one embryo

Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
I wish she [Dr. Maseelall] didn't think IVF was our only option because we don't have the money for it...Dr. Maseelall is a very nice doctor. She is very knowledgeable and kind. She explains things well and helps you understand everything. She gives you hope, even though sometimes it's not the path you want to take... She answers all my questions and treats me like a person not just a number. She really cares
[The nursing staff at Reproductive Gynecology] They are all very nice and helpful... It is $70 per visit and I've had ultrasounds, blood work, consultations which I have paid around $300 so far. It's going to be $8000 upfront for IVF...she [Dr. Maseelall] had me do a HSG test and I was diagnosed with hydrosalpinx. My left tube was completely blocked and my right tube was partially blocked. I had surgery to remove my left and possible right tube last year. When they started the procedure they were unsure of the cause of the hydrosalpinx so they left my tubes as they are. She told us we only have a 1% chance of ever conceiving without IVF.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Maseelall is a very nice doctor. She is very knowledgeable and kind. She explains things well and helps you understand everything. She gives you hope, even though sometimes it's not the path you want to take. I wish she didn't think IVF was our only option because we don't have the money for it.
Being a paper and pen to take notes and make sure to ask a lot of questions because she will answer them and help you understand what's going on.
She is a wonderful doctor and I fully trust what she says. I think she is very knowledgeable and she explains things to me very well. She answers all my questions and treats me like a person not just a number. She really cares
I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2012 by my OB. I started seeing Dr.Maseelall in 2016, she had me do a HSG test and I was diagnosed with hydrosalpinx. My left tube was completely blocked and my right tube was partially blocked. I had surgery to remove my left and possible right tube last year. When they started the procedure they were unsure of the cause of the hydrosalpinx so they left my tubes as they are. She told us we only have a 1% chance of ever conceiving without IVF.
They are all very nice and helpful
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
They are all.l very nice and helpful.
Most of the procedures are not covered by my insurance. It is $70 per visit and I've had ultrasounds, blood work, consultations which I have paid around $300 so far. It's going to be $8000 upfront for IVF which we are planning on doing in the future.
Dr. Maseelall told me she only implants one embryo durning the procedure. If we were ever able to do IVF I would want more eggs implanted because we would only have one chance to do this. I wouldn't want it to fail.
Akron
Dr. M [Dr. Maseelall] is very knowledgeable. As with any clinic the doctors have a lot of patients to see and keep things moving, but she would never rush me. The only negative thing I could say about her is when she's performing a transvaginal ultrasound she pushes much harder than any of the other doctors, it is uncomfortable. I can tell she is comfortable with what she does.... My first cycle she had me on 1 clomid pill. It wasn't enough. The second cycle I think we went to 3 pills.
The clinic [Repro Gyn] is great. The doctors work together to figure out a treatment plan, if needed. They really focused on my overall health and not just getting me pregnant. I've lost 65 lbs as a result and I am healthy and strong. IVF is very expensive with this clinic but their success record is great - so I guess you get what you pay for.... I didn't spend too much time with them [nursing staff] but they were very kind and returned my calls promptly.
European, Other
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. M is very knowledgeable. As with any clinic the doctors have a lot of patients to see and keep things moving, but she would never rush me. The only negative thing I could say about her is when she's performing a transvaginal ultrasound she pushes much harder than any of the other doctors, it is uncomfortable. I can tell she is comfortable with what she does.
Listen to her, follow directions as well as her advice.
Dr. M is very caring and knowledgeable. She, or any Dr I was working with that day, spent time with me and answered all my questions - even if it wasn't the answer I wanted.
My first cycle she had me on 1 clomid pill. It wasn't enough. The second cycle I think we went to 3 pills. It still wasn't enough. Only 1 great egg was produced both cycles. The third cycle we used 4 clomid pills, and I got 2 great eggs and one good egg. My husbands sperm count is extremely low so I didn't get pregnant any of those cycles. IVF is our only option.
I didn't spend too much time with them but they were very kind and returned my calls promptly.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is great. The doctors work together to figure out a treatment plan, if needed. They really focused on my overall health and not just getting me pregnant. I've lost 65 lbs as a result and I am healthy and strong. IVF is very expensive with this clinic but their success record is great - so I guess you get what you pay for.
I don't remember to be honest. They had everything broken down. IVF - from the very beginning through the first transfer- was around $15k.
We didn't really discuss this but my good friend did IVF with this same clinic and 2 embryos were transferred each time - with her consent of course.

2011 - 2016
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Feel free to ask questions and not just go with the flow. Sometimes, her [Dr Priya Maseelall] case load is packed so it may feel rushed but she is absolutely in contact with you every step of the way...I started with a CBC panel and complete diagnostic bloodwork overhaul. 20 vials of blood in my first visit. I'm glad I did. While I had a difficult case, she was familiar with it as it was something one of her relatives had so she was empathetic. I started with injectables as Clomid produced pregnancies with losses. Then moved to IUI and eventually years later for baby #2, we decided on IVF.
Strengths [of Reproductive Gynecology in Akron]: All the doctors there are different personalities so you can find one that fits your own needs. They all take their own case load and are there nearly every step of the way. Sometimes, you'll have a fill in doctor. Weaknesses: Case load. There are so many patients at this clinic, you may have to wait or feel rushed. But consults are never rushed.
2011 - 2016
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr Maseelall has great bedside manner, cares about all her patients and you're not just a number. Not everyone goes through IVF and they don't suggest that as the first solution as other clinics do. She will advocate for you with other doctors as other issues come up. Her recommended doctors and transfer to OB/GYN practices are top notch as her network is impeccable as well.
Feel free to ask questions and not just go with the flow. Sometimes, her case load is packed so it may feel rushed but she is absolutely in contact with you every step of the way.
I feel like she and I could be friends in real life. She understands the process and has gone through treatment herself.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Joyce)
All the nurses are great at talking through questions you may have and getting you in with any urgent emergencies (read: loss scans). They care and are compassionate people that have great bedside manners.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
Strengths: All the doctors there are different personalities so you can find one that fits your own needs. They all take their own case load and are there nearly every step of the way. Sometimes, you'll have a fill in doctor. Weaknesses: Case load. There are so many patients at this clinic, you may have to wait or feel rushed. But consults are never rushed.
Most costs were out of pocket because of insurance. However, when able, the staff coded ultrasounds or gave me donated injectable meds as they knew the issues with insurance coverage.
1 IUI, IVF
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Maseelall suggested that we take a more conservative approach - 3 medicated IUI cycles and then move to IVF. We went through 2 IUI cycles and then for a myriad of reasons, we decided to forego the 3rd IUI and move right on to IVF. Dr. Maseelall was supportive of this decision, as well...bedside manner is incredible. She explains things so that it is easily consumable to a non-medical individual. She's honest, yet empathetic. While she sees many, man patients day in and day out, she recalls specific events or discussions from previous visits.
Everyone I've encountered at RGI has been nothing but compassionate, friendly and accommodating. When experiencing fertility challenges, it can be quite daunting. RGI made us feel comfortable from the very first phone call. My only complaint is that you may have to wait for your appointment... but other than that - it's fantastic...Jen [nurse] is fantastic. She's very thorough, honest and patient...$500 - IUI; ultrasounds another ~$400
1 IUI, IVF
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Maseelall has been very candid about our prognosis and steps to achieve pregnancy. She is very down-to-earth and approachable. I never felt dumb for asking a question or for additional clarification.
If you're thinking about making an appointment - just do it. My only regret is that I didn't see her sooner.
Dr. Maseelall's bedside manner is incredible. She explains things so that it is easily consumable to a non-medical individual. She's honest, yet empathetic. While she sees many, man patients day in and day out, she recalls specific events or discussions from previous visits.
Jen is fantastic. She's very thorough, honest and patient.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
$500 - IUI; ultrasounds another ~$400; Clomid - $125 (Clomid, Ovidrel) $14,500 - IVF (includes ICSI, PGS testing); $4,100 IVF injectables (Follistim, Menopur, HCG)
One embryo.

3 IUI, Egg Freezing, IVF
We did a single embryo transfer for each cycle [with Dr. Maseelall]. That was recommended as the safest for both mommy and baby...She is so compassionate and warm. She is a perfectionist and will not quit until optimal results are achieved. I have zero complaints about her. You get both sides of the coin with her. She is kind, caring , compassionate etc. on one side and extremely knowledgeable, precise and professional on the other. She's really an amazing doctor.
The clinic [Reproductive Gynecology] is very clean. The ladies at the front desk are so sweet and pleasant and always greet you with a smile. There is nice music playing in the waiting rooms and overall very relaxing atmosphere through out the office...The nursing staff is great. They are so friendly and caring. They aided in making my visits comfortable and easy. I am very thankful to all of them for their kindness and support through the tough times and their enthusiasm and joy in celebrating the good times too.
3 IUI, Egg Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Priya Maseelall at Reproductive Gynecology?
Dr. Maseelall is an amazing doctor. She is so compassionate and warm. She is a perfectionist and will not quit until optimal results are achieved. I have zero complaints about her. You get both sides of the coin with her. She is kind, caring , compassionate etc. on one side and extremely knowledgeable, precise and professional on the other. She's really an amazing doctor.
I would tell them not to hesitate to make an appointment. Get in to see her as soon as you can.
Dr. Maseelall and the entire staff at RGI are very friendly and accommodating.
I've been a patient for over a year. We started out with the least invasive and most cost effective procedure (IUI) and graduated to IVF eventually. My second IVF cycle worked and I am currently pregnant.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Gynecology.
The clinic is very clean. The ladies at the front desk are so sweet and pleasant and always greet you with a smile. There is nice music playing in the waiting rooms and overall very relaxing atmosphere through out the office.
We did a single embryo transfer for each cycle. That was recommended as the safest for both mommy and baby.