U. of Cincinnati

Newton
2014 Washington Street
Newton, MA 02462

1 patient review filtered by:

As a patient, I've had a good experience with Dr. Ashby, despite not being pregnant yet. She doesn't just spit out what we need to do, but talks to us and asks how we are doing during this whole process...Round 1 (birth control pills at beginning, started on follistim injections, then cetrotide injections and follistim injections. Post retrieval/transfer used crinone gel, medrol, estradiol) Round 2 (started on patch, then cetrotidge injections, then once I got my period again, I started on follistim and menipur injections, then added cetrotide injections. Post retrieval/transfer used crinone gel, medrol, estradiol) Round 3 Frozen (birth control pills at beginning, then estradiol, progesterone injections. Post transfer continued on progesterone injections and estradiol) Round 4 (lupron injections, then added follistim injections and then menipur injections. No fertilized eggs)
Nancy, and the entire nursing staff [at Brigham & Women's] are amazing. They were great at explaining the whole process as we were going through it. They always called me back when I left messages with tons of questions. They also helped me deal with a lot of back and forth insurance issues...My insurance covered 90% so we paid $1,000 up front for each round that we started. And then a few additional costs I think.
How was your experience with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Ask lots of questions - don't be afraid.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
When my husband and I met with Dr. Ashby, she did not just spit out numbers and facts, she explained this and also asked how we were doing during our treatment. She also walked us through each failed cycle to explain what happened and what we would do differently for future cycles.
Describe the protocols Rachel Ashby used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Nancy)
Nancy, and the entire nursing staff are amazing. They were great at explaining the whole process as we were going through it. They always called me back when I left messages with tons of questions. They also helped me deal with a lot of back and forth insurance issues.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rachel Ashby at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Rachel Ashby