Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders

Melrose Park, PA 19027
Mt. Laurel
1700 Commerce Parkway
Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Rachael Cohen to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders to a friend?
2017 - 2019
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
I will say, some of the nurses [at Cooper Institute] were very kind. However, others did not show the compassion that women battling infertility should receive. This is an area that does need improvement in the office. We are women who are scared, have experienced loss and may have a lot of questions.... There were a few times I needed to call in and provide reminders to send prescriptions but typically this was not an issue.
2017 - 2019
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Rachael Cohen at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Cohen LISTENS in a world where many physicians take on a particular approach without the input of the patient. She heard me when I said I felt that something wasn’t right and did not want to proceed with anymore transfers before figuring out what my problem was. She helped me to control my thyroid, she did a laparoscopy to address stage 3 endometriosis and she let me be in the drivers seat of my care which is so incredibly important. Going through infertility is bad enough, but having a kind and compassionate physician who brings you hope and follows proper protocol is SO important. Dr. Cohen went through the proper steps for me and listened to my opinions. For that, I am so grateful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rachael Cohen at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Be vocal. Let her know your concerns. Listen to her advice but also trust your gut if something does not feel right to you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rachael Cohen at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Cohen listened to me even at times where she didn’t entirely agreed. Unlike the first physician I saw she went through the appropriate steps of treatment and diagnostic testing. She allowed me to have a voice which I felt had been taken from me. It was not until this Dr. that I had faith that I would become pregnant. Despite our very sad outcome, she was a wonderful and attentive Dr. and I will be returning to her in hopes of a rainbow baby after the passing of our twins.
Describe the protocols Rachael Cohen used in your cycles at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
After a previous failed transfer with NO diagnostic testing Dr. Cohen performed a mock transfer (I have a retroverted uterus so this helped her gain a better picture for the transfer) she did a hysterosalpinogram (checking to see if tubes were blocked) she did a laparoscopy for endometriosis (to detect any tubal blockages or scar tissue impacting conception or causing risk of an ectopic pregnancy) and then we prepped for a transfer. That transfer was canceled due to my lining however, the next transfer scheduled a month later was successful.
I will say, some of the nurses were very kind. However, others did not show the compassion that women battling infertility should receive. This is an area that does need improvement in the office. We are women who are scared, have experienced loss and may have a lot of questions. I understand the days are long and hard but patience, care and empathy is so important. We just want what most women want, a family. This does not speak to all of the nurses, just some who would appear very frustrated if something was not understood.
Describe your experience with Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: thinking outside of the box and being willing to take on “tough” cases. Understanding the high costs of infertility treatment and providing lower costs for treatment. Dr. Cohen being a Dr. who really listens and empathizes and is also willing to think outside of the box. Weaknesses: some of the other staff members really just need to practice a little bit more compassion and empathy. Infertility is a horrible disease. My only qualm with the office. There needs to be more patience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rachael Cohen at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
I paid for several procedures out of pocket until my laparoscopy and Dr. Cohen and the billing department helped me to gain fertility coverage after being denied although I was diagnosed with endometriosis
Describe Rachael Cohen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Unfortunately, we did transfer 2 embryos because prior transfers with 2 resulted in no pregnancy. Unfortunately, my twin pregnancy resulted in loss. I lost my son at 4.5 months and my daughter was born at 27 weeks and passed away at 3 months due to a rare lung condition. At the time, we thought transferring two was our best option with very limited funds. Although I did achieve a pregnancy, based upon our circumstances I would only ever transfer one.
What specific things went wrong at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine
Houston
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Rachael Cohen at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.

3 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Dr cohen was very sweet and made me feel welcome. She answered all of my questions realistically and with a plan. She made me feel at ease about our next steps and didn’t make me feel rushed... I met with dr cohen for a consultation and then had found out that she did the egg retrieval for our eggs retrieved from a donor. This is the first time we ever had embryos to transfer so I felt grateful to have that outcome!... We were allowed to transfer our two best embryos at once. We ultimately had a chemical.
I can say that I have gotten some conflicting information from the nursing staff [Cooper Institute]. Since I am an out of town patient. I have to get scripts for my bloodwork and ultrasounds. Some nurses are happy to email them to me and some are adamant about faxing them. Which I don’t have access to a fax so sometimes I use my work fax or have to have them sent to the hospital.... Cooper is very transparent with their pricing since they have a list on their website.
3 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Rachael Cohen at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rachael Cohen at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders?
The office at either location is very busy. Do not let that scary you. The doctors there are very good and worth it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rachael Cohen at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders?
I have mostly dealt with Jessie who is absolutely an angel. I hate to call her out like that, it’s like I’m letting out a good secret but she deserves every bit of recognition. I can’t imagine all the times I bugged her with random questions. But each time she made me feel better and made things so much easier. She is a gem there.
Describe your experience with Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders.
As I said before, the office is very busy which is to be expected with a great office. The blood and ultrasound procedures at the new jersey office run smoothly and efficiently. I wish I lived closer to go there all the time!!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rachael Cohen at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders.
Describe Rachael Cohen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders.
What specific things went wrong at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders?
Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders
Mt. Laurel
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Rachael Cohen at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders.