Rachel Mejia

Iowa City
200 Hawkins Drive
Iowa City, IA 52242
800-777-8442
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Rachel Mejia to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care to a friend?
2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
I have not started my IVF cycle yet [with Dr. Rachel Mejia]. But when we do, we are not going to use birth control to suppress my ovaries and are going to be pretty aggressive with injection dosages due to my decreased ovarian reserve and previous IVF cycle at another clinic. We will also not use ICSI due to my husbands sperm counts and morphology being normal...From day one, Dr. Mejia took her time to answer all of our questions. We never feel rushed. She has also called with test results herself and answered all of my questions. She listens to my frustrations/emotions while developing a plan of care.
They [U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care] give you the cost of the consultation which includes ultrasound and lab work. I believe it was around $3,000. IVF will be around $17000...like to do single embryo transfer the most due to the risks that can be associated with a multiples pregnancy...I like how they have a team approach and discuss your case with multiple providers for feedback and plans of care. The front desk staff are pleasant and efficient. As said said before, the nurses, ultrasound techs and providers are all amazing. I always felt at home there. I believe the clinic runs smoothly and they give you all information to help run smoothly.
2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Rachel Mejia at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
The moment I went to the University of Iowa for a second opinion, I wished I had started from the beginning. Dr. Mejia answered all of my questions, treated me with compassion and also gave me the information I needed regarding realistic expectations. She has continued to answer further questions/follow up on test results. I am about an hour and a half away from the clinic so communication is key. While I have not started my IVF cycle yet due to the need for surgery first, she has helped put my a bit at ease during this journey. I have complete trust in her judgment and capabilities!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rachel Mejia at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
Come with questions and don’t be afraid to ask. She is super helpful with answering what you need!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rachel Mejia at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
Describe the protocols Rachel Mejia used in your cycles at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care and their degree of success.
I have not started my IVF cycle yet. But when we do, we are not going to use birth control to suppress my ovaries and are going to be pretty aggressive with injection dosages due to my decreased ovarian reserve and previous IVF cycle at another clinic. We will also not use ICSI due to my husbands sperm counts and morphology being normal.
The nurses have been amazing! I communicate a lot with them through my chart. They have great communication and get back to me in a timely manner! They are super compassionate and just want the best outcome possible just like the providers.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
I really enjoy going to the U of Iowa. I wish I would have started here instead of Mid Iowa. I like how they have a team approach and discuss your case with multiple providers for feedback and plans of care. The front desk staff are pleasant and efficient. As said said before, the nurses, ultrasound techs and providers are all amazing. I always felt at home there. I believe the clinic runs smoothly and they give you all information to help run smoothly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rachel Mejia at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
They give you the cost of the consultation which includes ultrasound and lab work. I believe it was around $3,000. IVF will be around $17000. This is not an exact number.
Describe Rachel Mejia's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
The U of Iowa like to do single embryo transfer the most due to the risks that can be associated with a multiples pregnancy. Although, I do believe they are open for discussion if the embryos are not of good quality to possibly transfer more than one. That is a discussion you should have with them.
Rachel Mejia