Medical SchoolHarvard Med
FellowshipU of PA
1000 Auburn Drive
Beachwood, OH 44122
216-285-5028
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Rachel Weinerman to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 67%Neutral: 33%9
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University Hospitals Fertility Center to a friend?
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Dr. Weinerman entered the picture when I really needed someone who was going to advocate on my behalf....Dr. Weinerman didn't sugarcoat anything, but she still maintained a warm demeanor... From the first time I spoke to her via phone, she said what I needed to hear and genuinely expressed her apologies for the loss of all of my eggs... I felt that I could be myself, honest and vulnerable with her and that I wouldn't be judged.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Rachel Weinerman at University Hospitals Fertility Center?
I decided to change physicians to Dr. Weinerman from another doc in the group. Dr. Weinerman entered the picture when I really needed someone who was going to advocate on my behalf. From the first time I spoke to her via phone, she said what I needed to hear and genuinely expressed her apologies for the loss of all of my eggs. She took the time to speak with me and answer my questions at length. I felt that I could be myself, honest and vulnerable with her and that I wouldn't be judged. Dr. Weinerman didn't sugarcoat anything, but she still maintained a warm demeanor, which I also really needed. After talking via phone, she made it a point to meet me during one of my monitoring visits and again spent a substantial amount of time talking with me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rachel Weinerman at University Hospitals Fertility Center?
I decided to change physicians and chose Dr. Weinerman. Dr. Weinerman entered the picture when I really needed someone who was going to advocate on my behalf. From the first time I spoke to her via phone, she said what I needed to hear and I could tell she was genuine. She took the time to speak with me and answer my questions at length. Dr. Weinerman didn't sugarcoat anything, but she still maintained a warm demeanor, which I really needed. After talking via phone, she made it a point to meet me during one of my monitoring visits and again spent a substantial amount of time talking with me. Consequently I felt that she viewed me as an individual and a human, not just a number.
Describe the protocols Rachel Weinerman used in your cycles at University Hospitals Fertility Center and their degree of success.
My protocol didn't change with Dr. Weinerman at first. I used follistim, menopur and ganirelix as well as the hcg trigger. I was taking the highest doses and got 8 eggs. For my second cycle with her I asked to alter things and used lupron instead of ganirelix. I got 10 eggs with that cycle.
The nursing staff was a bit more consistent during my third cycle. I had the same nurse for most days. The one con is that she was orienting a new nurse and I wasn't asked if I was ok with that. There was one instance on my second day of monitoring where the nurse said things weren't looking good. She said she would have thought that I would have responded more. She then flipped through my chart to look at a previous cycle and noticed that I was slower to respond during the previous cycle too. Because of this she was not as concerned about the lack of progress noted at that visit. This upset me because had she not jumped to the conclusion that I wasn't responding and instead taken the time to look back at previous cycles she would've known that this finding was not abnormal. This goes back to my previous review of the nurses and how they don't seem to prepare or review your chart before meeting with you. I would argue that I felt more like a number when working with the nurses than a human. The nurses who I worked with during my retrievals on the other hand were great.
Describe your experience with University Hospitals Fertility Center.
This clinic has a good reputation for the most part. The clinic is clean. The clinic needs to improve upon organization, and communication in all areas from administrative to nursing and at the physician level.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at University Hospitals Fertility Center.
Monitoring was fine.
What specific things went wrong at University Hospitals Fertility Center?
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Dr. Weinerman met with me for over two hours so she could thoroughly understand my medical history. She asked my opinion and feelings on her treatment plans. She has also called me personally multiple times over the course of my treatment with her, just to check to see how I am doing...Dr. Weinerman has provided reassurance and guidance during a stressful time. While my treatment has so far been unsuccessful, Dr. Weinerman has taken time each month to personally call me to talk through our next steps and options. I feel that she is using her best judgement and trust the choices she is making during our fertility journey.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
I transferred to Dr. Weinerman after struggling with my former clinic because I felt like just a number to them. Dr. Weinerman has provided reassurance and guidance during a stressful time. While my treatment has so far been unsuccessful, Dr. Weinerman has taken time each month to personally call me to talk through our next steps and options. I feel that she is using her best judgement and trust the choices she is making during our fertility journey.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rachel Weinerman at University Hospitals Fertility Center?
Make sure that you have time set aside to meet with Dr. Rachel Weinerman. My appointments have been longer than expected each time I've seen her because she takes the time to talk through each step of the process.
During my initial visit, Dr. Weinerman met with me for over two hours so she could thoroughly understand my medical history. She asked my opinion and feelings on her treatment plans. She has also called me personally multiple times over the course of my treatment with her, just to check to see how I am doing.
I saw Dr. Weinerman after I already had one frozen embryo. I had 2 transfers cancelled with a prior doctor because of thin uterine lining and fluid in my lining. Dr. Weinerman prescribed a hormone patch protocol for 2 months to increase my estrogen and thicken my lining. She also suggested a book, The Fertility Diet, and made personal diet suggestions to naturally increase my hormone levels and improve my fertility chances. When the patch protocol did not adequately thicken my lining, Dr. Weinerman prescribed an oral birth control. When again my lining was too thin, Dr. Weinerman suggested a simulated retrieval cycle before my transfer. I am on 150 IU of Menopur nightly and will trigger with HCG. She prescribed Menopur so that I could have a follicle large enough to trigger ovulation and try to trick my uterus into preparing for implantation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University Hospitals Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Madeline )
I was able to meet with my primary nurse the first day I visited the clinic. She has been my primary contact during my monitoring and has called me most often with results. When she is not available, I have felt comfortable with the rest of the nursing staff. There are two ultrasound techs, both of whom are friendly and knowledgeable. The lab tech who draws blood is quiet but has always been efficient. The waiting time during the monitoring process has been longer than expected. There are a limited number of ultrasound wands and each takes 15 minutes to clean between patients. For daily follicle and estrogen monitoring, I have averaged roughly 45 minutes to an hour in the clinic. The nursing staff does take time to go over the ultrasound results in person and calls promptly every afternoon to report estrogen levels.
Describe your experience with University Hospitals Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean and in a new hospital, though the waiting room is a bit small. The staff all seem to work well together so the clinic has an inviting feel.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rachel Weinerman at University Hospitals Fertility Center.
If I had chosen to do a full IVF cycle including retrieval and transfer, the total cost would have been roughly $5000 without medication. The out of pocket cost of an embryo transfer without medication is $2250. Each time I have follicle monitoring and labs, I pay roughly $200 out of pocket.
Describe Rachel Weinerman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University Hospitals Fertility Center.
For my current age of 30, Dr. Weinerman suggested transferring only 1 embryo, though if I did have 2 to transfer, she would be open to discussion.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr Weinerman is very compassionate and understanding. She is eager to try new treatments and different ideas. However she and her staff are also very eager to use ivf as a treatment and tend to be pushy about it even if the patient is not in a position to use it.... Use an open mind. She is very compassionate and willing to help. She tends to a dress one matter at a time instead of treating the whole thing at once this tends to take time.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Use an open mind. She is very compassionate and willing to help. She tends to a dress one matter at a time instead of treating the whole thing at once this tends to take time. Be patient!
She and her staff are very sympathetic and very easy to get a hold of if you have a question or concern
The nursing staff is compassionate and willing to help. They are quick to respond if you call them and are determined to obtain an answer for any questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with University Hospitals Fertility Center.
The clinic itself tends to be pushy toward using ivf instead of other means to me this is their weakness. Their streingths are being compassionate and easy to contact. They tend to respond quickly when callingbaboutba test result or returning a phone call.
As with any fertility treatment the cost can be overwhelming. Luckily for most things insurance was able to be used. However the iui's and some medication werw not cover and for that their staff had a person to discuss the cost of treatment and set up a payment plan. They also provided a discount for some procedures that were put of pocket if they were paid in full at the time of services provided.