Brown Fertility

Nurse available by emailNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Puerto Rico
Jacksonville
14540 Old St. Augustine
Jacksonville, FL 32258
904-260-0352
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Rafael Cabrera to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 67%Neutral: 33%9
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Brown Fertility to a friend?
As a patient I felt like my dream was possible, dr.cabrera told me I had everything for me except one thing, but he still had strong faith of me becoming a mother. He would talk to me try to explain everything I had concerns or questions about. We're not sure why the transfers have not worked yet, but we are not giving up. Dr Cabrera says it will happen.
How was your experience with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
Ask every question u have don't be afraid.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
Time was taken with me every questioned i asked was answered to the best possible.
Describe the protocols Rafael Cabrera used in your cycles at Brown Fertility and their degree of success.
My first cycle I used very little stims gonal-f, estradiol,crinone,lupron,baby aspirin, and my trigger shot. Everything worked great. Just did not end in a positive prergnancy test
The nurses there show a lot of compassion and care they try to remember what step every patient is on in there journey. They talk about what's going on in your journey and your concerns.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
They have a lot of strengths the only weaknesses I would describe is not being capable of taking pictures of your embryos before inserting them. I was a little disappointed not being able to see there quality myself, but other than that this clinic has been great to me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility.
My first step of ivf cost about 10,000 my additional FETs were 3500 each
Describe Rafael Cabrera's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brown Fertility.
My dr would only do 1 embryo the first transfer because of my age and my chances of becoming pregnant they were afraid of multiple pregnancies.
Orlando
Amazing cannot complain even if I wanted. He [Dr. Cabrera] explained everything in details. He went through my family and medical history and based my visit off of this. He explained my husband process and procedures. He explained what to expect...He is an amazing doctor. Explained everything in details...He is more than happy to look it over and answer each question to details...Take a notebook and list all your concerns and questions.
How was your experience with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
Amazing cannot complain even if I wanted. He explained everything in details. He went through my family and medical history and based my visit off of this. He explained my husband process and procedures. He explained what to expect.
Take a notebook and list all your concerns and questions. He is more than happy to look it over and answer each question to details.
He is an amazing doctor. Explained everything in details.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Clean very warm and friendly
Jacksonville
My experience with Dr. Cabrera is a bit different since I was originally under the care of a nurse practitioner that is no longer with the clinic. This made me anxious about staying with the clinic when she left but I am extremely happy that I chose to stay. Dr. Cabrera has assured me that I am in good hands and has taken the time to understand my history.... Dr. Cabrera told us that the goal is 1 healthy baby at at time. That is what we want to be looking for, not multiples.
How was your experience with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
Don't be afraid to ask him to speak slower.
I have always felt compassion from Dr. Cabrera. He has taken the time to explain things to me that I needed to understand. At some points I have felt more like "a number" when I was told IVF was my best option. It might be my best but it's not my only... so I chose to go with less expensive treatments first.
Always friendly and caring while being informative.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
I think the clinic's strengths are in the number of pregnancies that come out of the office. I believe the weakness is just making sure there is a Dr available to talk to at all times. I was scheduled for a surgery and it had to be re scheduled due to the Dr.'s schedule. It was frustrating but at the end of the day, everything was fine.
My insurance has paid for diagnostic care so we only paid a $45.00 co pay when having regular visits. We pay out of pocket for IUI but we haven't finished that so we don't have a full number.
What specific things went wrong at Brown Fertility?