7.2

Jacksonville
14540 Old St. Augustine
Jacksonville, FL 32258
904-260-0352

We met with Dr. Cabrera for our consult and appointment for results on labs, He is very nice and takes his time to explain information. It is too early to thoroughly review him as we have not started treatment....You have to be ready with questions. He does take his time and explain but I noticed we had to ask about vitamins and procedures and what are the next steps.
Nice office, seems to be busy. They [Brown Fertility] have a class that you take with a nurse to discuss finance and the process. It is $100 and only valid for 90 days... The Siemen analysis was $195 Consultation was $100-$150 Bloodwork and Genetic testing seemed to be covered under my insurance... When doing genetic testing they let you know that you will be contacted if something is positive but that leaves you wondering when you do not hear a response.
How was your experience with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Cabrera was very easy to talk to, I did not feel rushed during our consultation. We felt comfortable speaking with him and asking questions
Describe the protocols Rafael Cabrera used in your cycles at Brown Fertility and their degree of success.
We have major male factor infertility and I have a low AMH. Dr. Cabrera recommended IVF with ICSI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
Not enough interaction with nursing staff to rate, I did have an issue with an appointment that was scheduled with the main office but not entered and when I arrived I did not have an appointment. I was able to see the doctor but now I v verify my appointments since this office is an our away for me
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Nice office, seems to be busy. They have a class that you take with a nurse to discuss finance and the process. It is $100 and only valid for 90 days (I believe the quote is ) I am having to wait 6 months to start IVF because of a medical procedure I had done (I have to wait a year) I was a little disappointed that I could not get an exact amount upfront now. I was thankful that a nurse reviewed my file and noticed that I would not be starting IVF until later during the year and explained the 90 day expiration and having to retake the class if I did it this early.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility.
Describe Rafael Cabrera's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brown Fertility.
During our first consultation, Dr. Cabrera said that we would transfer 1 embryo because of my age (34) but once my results came that showed a very low AMH he said we would only retrieve 5-6 eggs and that he would suggest 2
What specific things went wrong at Brown Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
When doing genetic testing they let you know that you will be contacted if something is positive but that leaves you wondering when you do not hear a response. I called the office to see if my results where in and they said ''Yes'' and that I would have to get the results from the doctor. When I arrived at my appointment the nurse was surprised and said I did not need an appointment that everything was negative.
Orlando

I think Dr. Cabrera is a nice Dr but I feel like neither he nor the office is willing to step outside their comfort zone to try new things. ... When I did my FET I only had 2 embryos left and didn’t want to waste them so I suggested only doing 1 but at that point Dr. Cabrera recommended both and since they were both thawed that’s what we ended up doing. ... They [Brown Fertility] use a cookie cutter protocol for everyone it seems.
Strength [of Brown Fertility]- compassionate and willing to listen and answer questions Weaknesses- overscheduled, rushes, not willing to think outside the box, payment is required before the cycle even begins and then if you back out they can keep a percentage of the money and they lie about their success rates ... They use a cookie cutter protocol for everyone it seems.
How was your experience with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
I think Dr. Cabrera is compassionate but I do feel that the entire office is not open to exploring immune protocols or really anything other than what is considered very basic and standard. Dr. Cabrera is very friendly and kind, he has a great bedside manner but at the end of the day I still am not pregnant and don’t know why.
Advocate for yourself and ask upfront before beginning treatment, if there is a protocol you are interested in trying, ask if they are willing to implement such things if things aren’t working otherwise. After failure I asked about adding some things that are geared toward possible immune problems and though they were aware of such things they wouldn’t even discuss implementing them.
My 1st consultation was great, but most of the appts following I felt really rushed and like the office was over scheduled. I think Dr. Cabrera is a nice Dr but I feel like neither he nor the office is willing to step outside their comfort zone to try new things. I did not have success at Brown but I have mixed emotions on the office.
They use a cookie cutter protocol for everyone it seems.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
Nursing staff was generally overall great
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Strength- compassionate and willing to listen and answer questions Weaknesses- overscheduled, rushes, not willing to think outside the box, payment is required before the cycle even begins and then if you back out they can keep a percentage of the money and they lie about their success rates
IVF 8,995 ICSI 4-500 Assisted Hatching 4-500 Anesthesia 450 Endo Scratch 250 Hcg test 125 Genetic prescribing maternal 2-500 (can’t remember exactly) IVF meds 5500 Prescreening bloodwork female 1200 Male bloodwork 400
We ended up doing a double embryo transfer but only because I pushed in our fresh cycle. When I did my FET I only had 2 embryos left and didn’t want to waste them so I suggested only doing 1 but at that point Dr. Cabrera recommended both and since they were both thawed that’s what we ended up doing.
2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
As a patient I felt like my dream was possible, dr.cabrera told me I had everything for me except one thing, but he still had strong faith of me becoming a mother. He would talk to me try to explain everything I had concerns or questions about. We're not sure why the transfers have not worked yet, but we are not giving up. Dr Cabrera says it will happen.
The nurses [at Brown Fertility] there show a lot of compassion and care they try to remember what step every patient is on in there journey. They talk about what's going on in your journey and your concerns.... They have a lot of strengths the only weaknesses I would describe is not being capable of taking pictures of your embryos before inserting them. I was a little disappointed not being able to see there quality myself, but other than that this clinic has been great to me.
How was your experience with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
Ask every question u have don't be afraid.
Time was taken with me every questioned i asked was answered to the best possible.
My first cycle I used very little stims gonal-f, estradiol,crinone,lupron,baby aspirin, and my trigger shot. Everything worked great. Just did not end in a positive prergnancy test
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
The nurses there show a lot of compassion and care they try to remember what step every patient is on in there journey. They talk about what's going on in your journey and your concerns.
My first step of ivf cost about 10,000 my additional FETs were 3500 each
My dr would only do 1 embryo the first transfer because of my age and my chances of becoming pregnant they were afraid of multiple pregnancies.