Medical SchoolDuke
ResidencyStanford
701 S Nicolet Road,
Appleton, WI 54914
920-886-2299
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Rami Kaldas to a friend?

9.7

7.1

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.8
Dr. Kaldas is extremely intelligent when it comes to fertility treatment. He definitely meets you where you are at as far as how aggressive you want to get with treatment, etc. while also cautioning on the risks and providing recommendations. He has the interest of his patients at the forefront. ... He is all business, meaning he isn't very personable, however I'd take professionalism and expertise over being personable anytime. He is absolutely great. ... He is beyond knowledgeable in this field, and his experience in the field and his successes are really comforting
How was your experience with Rami Kaldas at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy?
Dr. Kaldas is extremely intelligent when it comes to fertility treatment. He definitely meets you where you are at as far as how aggressive you want to get with treatment, etc. while also cautioning on the risks and providing recommendations. He has the interest of his patients at the forefront. He is beyond knowledgeable in this field, and his experience in the field and his successes are really comforting. He is all business, meaning he isn't very personable, however I'd take professionalism and expertise over being personable anytime. He is absolutely great.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rami Kaldas at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy?
Have an idea of what your limits are - he will assist in any way he can based on how aggressive you want to approach fertility. Research treatment options, etc. and be prepared to talk to him about what you view this journey to be and how aggressive you want to approach it. Do you want to do IUI right away, pills, injectables, etc.? He's great at trying new approaches when one doesn't work, so be prepared on what you are willing to do.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rami Kaldas at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy?
The Kaldas Center has an excellent staff - from the girl at the front desk to the ultrasound techs that scan me to the nurses who meet with me afterwards. The staff is amazing - they know me by name, call to check in with me and see how I'm doing, and they are sensitive to the disappointments we've experienced with not being able to conceive. They are also very current on where I am at in this journey, which makes it so much easier to meet with them. Not having to explain my history, what happened in past cycles, what happened at last week's ultrasound, etc. is so incredible helpful and important. The doctors there are incredible - very, very knowledgeable and willing to try different treatments/paths to help us achieve a healthy pregnancy.
Describe the protocols Rami Kaldas used in your cycles at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy and their degree of success.
At our initial visit, he did an evaluation and blood tests to understand what our starting point was. From there, we discovered I had polycystic ovaries. We started on metformin (from 1 pill a day up to 3 pills a day, currently) and clomid (1 pill a day to 2 pills a day, currently, for cycle days 3-7) and progesterone 3 days after ovulation for 3 cycles. When that didn't work, we started using the ovadril trigger shot to force ovulation. We did one month of that, along with the metformin, clomid, and progesterone. When that didn't work, we started doing injections with follistim. I've done 3 cycles with follistim (along with metformin, clomid, & projesterone) and a trigger shot and an IUI. This is my 3rd cycle with follisitim, clomid, progesterone, and metformin, while also doing the trigger shot and IUI. For the follistim, this cycle I did 4 days with 225 IU.
Jodi and Kelsey are amazing nurses at the Kaldas Center. Both are very involved with my treatment and are very personable. It's so helpful and reassuring that they are current with where I am with my treatments and what the history of my treatments looked like and what the outcome was. They offer a lot of advice and truly care about the emotions of this entire process. They have also called to check up on me during cycles, which was amazing. They also know us by name and are extremely helpful.
Describe your experience with Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy.
This clinic is cutting edge. It's a beautiful facility, from the gorgeous waiting rooms, filled with beverages, cookies, etc. to the restrooms. It's very modern and peaceful. It is also very clean and well maintained.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rami Kaldas at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy.
I had met my deductible by the time I started seeing him, so the costs of my visits, with ultrasound, were about $35 each. The HSG was a little more expensive, after deductible, but the Kaldas Center worked with me on the coding to help with billing.
Describe Rami Kaldas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy.
Dr. Kaldas always stressed the risk of multiples, and it was made clear to me that the goal was always a singleton.
Appleton

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Rami Kaldas at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I saw Dr Kaldas for a surgery involving uterine fibroid, blocked fallopian tube and endrometriosis. At the point we saw him I had already lost one tube due to hydro and my previous surgery had many complications. Dr Kaldas was able to do my surgery robotically and I had zero complications. Unfortunately he was not able to successfully reopen my tube due to too much scar tissue. My only complaint is that the tube was left in non-functional which, if I developed pool a hydro, will reduce my chances at IVF. But his main concern seems to be focused on fertility preservation.
Ask questions because if there is anything you dont understand, you will after he explains it. Outline your goals with him so he has a clear understanding of where you want your fertility journey to go.
Dr Kaldas understands the importance of fertility preservation. He is caring and compassionate and took the time to explain everything he was going to do during my surgery.
I saw Dr Kaldas for gynecological surgery to try to increase my chances of getting pregnant on my own or to remove my only remaining fallopian tube if it was unhealthy. He also removed spots of endometriosis and a uterine fibroid that I did not know I had
Everyone I spoke to during my time at the clinic was very helpful and compassionate. On the day of my surgery one of his nurses came to sit with me in the OR during prep time.
The clinic is very spa like and comforting. The only complaint I would have regarding the clinic is that sound travels from room to room. They are organized and the exam room set up facilitates conversations with the providers.

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Kaldas is sensitive, intelligent and has such a passion for what he does. I recommend everyone to him and trust him with mine and my babies life!... We started with some fertility testing. Lab work, HSG, ultrasounds. Found endometriosis, cysts, uterine fibroids and a heart shaped uterus. Scheduled surgery to get everything taken care of and if I wasn't pregnant 6 months after surgery we were going to start clomid and go from there. The clomid was never needed.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
He never turns anyone down, explains everything before you even have a chance to ask the question. He took care of me after trying for a baby and all the testing. Emergency surgery for an ectopic pregnancy, along with fertility surgery to take care of endometriosis, cysts, fibroids and heart shaped uterus. Then my first pregnancy my water broke at 27 weeks pregnant, scariest time of my life. Every time he came in to round on me he told me of a success story of someone similar or worse off than myself. 2nd pregnancy found incompetent cervix, had an emergency cerclage placed at 18 weeks. Dr. Kaldas always is so confident in his decisions, do not have enough good things to say about this man.
Trust him and let all your anxiety go. Which is much easier said than done, but you are in good hands. Give him time to figure everything out, because he will figure it out.
They all resemble Kaldas very well. They show compassion and concern. Along with being very personable.
Strengths would be compassion and all so personable. From the care on the phone, to the receptionist who know you by name, MA's, ultrasound techs to all the doctors. Amazing. No weaknesses that I can think of.
It was covered under my insurance, just had to pay for my copay

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Other
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Other
We were very scared and discouraged at the point in our journey that we met Dr. Kaldas. I had 3 miscarriages including 1 D&C at this point and have had years of disappointment and many many months of fertility medication. Dr Kaldas was the most kind, companionate, smart, confident Dr we had ever met. He spent 30-45 minutes just talking to us about our journey, telling us about experiences in his career, what probable causes could be and reassuring us that he will come to a conclusion and will deliver us a baby in our future. Within 2 minutes of a pelvic exam he diagnosed me with endometriosis, ran additional blood to gain more insight than the fertility blood tests results that we had previously to provide him. From the surgery to the birth of our daughter and every single biweekly visit inbetween Dr. Kaldas was unwavering in his approach and expertise. I've referred SEVERAL friends, family, & complete strangers to him and have seen so many of them turn into overjoyed first time parents shortly after. He is absolutely wonderful and I am and will continue to see him for all future pregnancies. I'm excited for him to deliver our second child in march!
Be patient!!! He's amazing and very very busy. It may take a little while to get in specifically with him but trust me...it's worth the wait!!!
He was the most patient, caring, confident doctor of the 4 we have seen. He NEVER rushed a visit and he always explained everything in a way that my husband and I could understand. He told us the only way he wouldn't be delivering our baby was if he was out of the country...and he DID deliver our miracle rainbow.
Diagnosis from consultation and pelvic exam: *Endometriosis *Dyspareunia *Irregular Menatral Cycle The next day he performed an Ultrasound, Sonohystogram (have had one previously with a different doc), and a Pre Op Exam... Diagnosis: *Endometriosis of Pelvic Peeitoneum *Retroverted Uterus Blood Workup: Creatinine, Serum Dhae-s Follicle stimulating hormone Hbaic and est av flu, blood Insulin serum T3 free T4 free Testosterone total and free Ana/antinuclear antibodies, ifa w/reflc ctd ab Antithrombin activity blood Beta-2 glycoprotein 1 antibodies, igg/igm, serum Complete blood ct w/ diff Homocysteine MTHFR C677T MUTATION ANALYSIS Partial Thromboplastin time phospholipid ab, igm, and igg Pregnancy test,serum qual Protein c activity plasma Protein s antigen blood PROTHROMIN G20210A MUTATION BLOOD Prothrombin time Rpr serology (***two in caps are what came back abnormal***) ENDOMETRIOSIS SURGERY DIAGNOSIS: *stage 4---Both ovaries, right side was quadruple the size of the left--covered and swollen from Endometrioma, Rectum pinching toward uterus, near appendix and on bladder. BLOOD WORKUP RESULTS-TREATMENT METHOD: 40ml Lovenox injections daily once pregnant. Progesterone suppositories first 10 weeks of pregnancy. Daily baby asprine forever Gave us the option to try on our own for 3 months then try iui if that didn't work. We were pregnant without any fertility medication after the FIRST cycle after the endometriosis surgery. Started the suggested medications indicated above and we had a perfectly healthy pregnancy and baby born 9 months later. :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy. (Assigned nurse: Laura and Kate)
They were very patient, consoling, understanding, and you could tell they had faith in their doctor.
They're incredibly timely with results and return phone calls. Extremely clean and state of the art facility. Allowed me to book out entire future visit plan so I'd be sure to have Dr. Kaldas for all of my visits. Very easy to get to--off 41 close to the mall in Appleton. Does his surgeries and deliveries at Theda Care in Neenah which is comforting because they have a NICU.
My treatments we covered because we were coded as habitual aborters through insurance after our 3 documented miscarriages.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Kaldas was the first doctor who treated me like i deserved to be able to get pregnant even though I am overweight.... I did 2 cycles on Clomid with monitoring and iui, 1 cycle on femara with monitoring and iui, and 1 on gonal-f with monitoring and iui. He also prescribed metformin and prednisone, and was comfortable with my doing a keto diet, yoga and acupuncture.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Kaldas was extremely patient, understanding, and encouraging. I felt genuinely cared for and like he wanted the treatments to work as much as I did. He was also very thorough and knowledgeable, and explained all of my procedures and stayed as long as necessary to answer my endless questions.
Just go! I wasted so much time with regular ob-gyns, I wish I had gone to him sooner.
Dr. Kaldas was the first doctor who treated me like i deserved to be able to get pregnant even though I am overweight. At no point did I feel like a number or a hopeless case.
There is one main fertility nurse, Kate, who I spoke to for all my medication and next steps. She was incredibly sensitive and easy to work with. I can't say enough about her! There are also other nurses who handle all the temperature checks/ weight checks, etc. They were also fabulous!
Strength of the clinic is the staff and the atmosphere. It has a very peaceful, spa-like waiting room, stocked with water, keurig and cookies. Weakness is the cost and the financial department. It was more difficult than it should be to get proper records for FSA and tax purposes.
ultrasounds were $250, iui was $350 I believe. Laproscopy and hsg were covered by insurance so unsure of cost.
Appleton

Dr. Kaldas was honest and had clearly reviewed my chart. He expressed his condolence for my full term stillborn daughters and recent cervical cancer diagnosis...He’s honest and blunt with a perfect mix of being hopeful. He also explained things that my precious provider missed or should have done. He was thorough and ran tests. AND, he was creative with billing so insurance would cover some of his services...Injectable meds rather than oral as my lining was suffering greatly (for IUI).
Expect to learn, have a thorough exam and a very specific treatment plan.
Injectable meds rather than oral as my lining was suffering greatly (for IUI).
The nurse reiterated exactly what Dr. Kaldas said. They have also been kind and prompt with phone calls that I make.
It’s a calm, peaceful, non medical feeling environment. We almost thought we weren’t at the correct place. They have a thoughtful display near the entrance where you can take a heart for each baby you’ve lost or ones that you’ve never been able to conceive.
We haven’t received a bill for the consultation yet. De. Kaldas shared that he bills his consult under a code that is not related to infertility so our insurance would cover. The IUI costs are similar to others in the area.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
ASK Questions, he [Dr. Kaldas] is always willing to answer them...He started me out with clomid and monitoring. Due to my body not releasing the eggs he always gave me a shot to do so. After two failed rounds of Clomid we moved on to Femera and then Femera with an IUI...I heard many good things before I went to see him for the first time and he met all my expectations and more. I had seen two doctors before him and they stated they couldn't help me due to my weight, and in fact, my weight issues were due to my PCOS. I have since lost 40+ pounds just from medication alone. I wish I would have found him sooner
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
He is such an amazing doctor. He tells you what to expect and is willing to answer all your questions. I heard many good things before I went to see him for the first time and he met all my expectations and more. I had seen two doctors before him and they stated they couldn't help me due to my weight, and in fact, my weight issues were due to my PCOS. I have since lost 40+ pounds just from medication alone. I wish I would have found him sooner
ASK Questions, he is always willing to answer them.
He was very straightforward and was able to answer all my questions before I had a chance to ask him.
The overall clinic is amazing, they have a new building and it's beautifully designed. The Overall practice is great! They do a great job with the wait time. Almost every time they get to you at the time of your appointment. The whole staff is very friendly. The offer beverages and cookies in the waiting room.
I had to pay for medications which was less then $20, but my shot was about $130 and the follicle checks are $250 each time

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Other
Took his [Dr. Rami Kaldas] time to thoroughly go over each step of the way. Never felt rushed or as if we were just a number. Bedside manners are amazing!!!...Upbeat, passionate, friendly, down to earth, positive, honest, values his patient relationship..... Our previous OBGYN we were seeing sore up and down I didn't have endometriosis. At our consult with Dr. Kaldas he dx me with endometriosis, had surgery and was pregnant 2 months later!
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Other
Upbeat, passionate, friendly, down to earth, positive, honest, values his patient relationship. At our consult he promised us he'd get us pregnant... He kept his word with 2 separate pregnancies. Our previous OBGYN we were seeing sore up and down I didn't have endometriosis. At our consult with Dr. Kaldas he dx me with endometriosis, had surgery and was pregnant 2 months later!
Ask questions, no such thing as a dumb one! Be honest with your symptoms and feelings. Take it one step at a time and have a good emotional support team!
Took his time to thoroughly go over each step of the way. Never felt rushed or as if we were just a number. Bedside manners are amazing!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy. (Assigned nurse: Kate)
Compassionate, prompt to return messages
Brand new facility site with spacious rooms. Everyone to even the front desk staff is so welcoming each and every visit. There have been times when they're running quite a bit behind. However from our own personal experiences I know situations come up. When we had our miscarriage dx in the office, they were so loving and compassionate. No one rushed us out at all. They even sent us a card after calling to check on us a few days later.
What specific things went wrong at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, and Pregnancy?