6.9

701 S Nicolet Road,
Appleton, WI 54914
920-886-2299

1 patient review filtered by:

Dr Kaldas does not have good bed side manner...Never remembered our plan when I was in the office. Neglected to test my husband before starting treatment. Resulting in 9 months of treatment to find out we had male factor as well...Strategy was we'll try fremara and ovidrel for few months then move to IUI then IVF. My husband and I never tried to get pregnant natural. I had ablation surgery for endometriosis. And they said we should try now as it's best success. As the months went on the more he pushed to skip to ivf. Yes. We need IVF now. We know that. However this was all pushed before the testing was done.
Theyre [Kaldas] known for endometriosis treatment. They return calls promptly. The nurse's are wonderful. They have many patients. You never get the same nurse. The doctors will push IVF as main approach...I am confident if we stayed at the clinic we may have achieved pregnancy. However after the months of stress, cost and poor communication. We decided to part ways and explore a separate clinic...
How was your experience with Rami Kaldas at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, & Pregnancy?
Dr Kaldas does not have good bed side manner. We were moving forward to discuss IUI- when he finally tested my husband. He walked in and said - "well sorry to say youll likely never have biological children together. You can do IVF - it's simply look at it as buying a nice used car... Or you can adopt". Then left us with the news my husband had Azoospermia which he diagnosed with 1 semen sample. When I went back to him about my endometriosis pain few months later he asked my why we hadnt gone to IVF clinic yet - and I explained we needed time to process. He then said "you're waisting time this will be the only way you achieve pregnancy". When I got a second opinion - she greatly disagreed. Thinking that main cause of not getting pregnant was my husband's sperm count all along.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rami Kaldas at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, & Pregnancy?
Go in prepared to ask questions. Advocate for yourself. Yes there is high success. But it's high success because they tell every patient to do IVF. With out proper work ups. I had wasted months of money, time and drugs when it could have been avoided with the proper care. However, I was seeing a partner at Kaldas practice who was later let go and I was transfers to kaldas - he could still see the appropriate work up wasn't done.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rami Kaldas at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, & Pregnancy?
Like a number. Never remembered our plan when I was in the office. Neglected to test my husband before starting treatment. Resulting in 9 months of treatment to find out we had male factor as well.
Describe the protocols Rami Kaldas used in your cycles at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, & Pregnancy and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, & Pregnancy.
The nurse's were always willing to take my call and answer questions. They understood my hesitation and had no issues following up on my behalf.
Describe your experience with Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, & Pregnancy.
They have high success. Theyre known for endometriosis treatment. They return calls promptly. The nurse's are wonderful. They have many patients. You never get the same nurse. The doctors will push IVF as main approach
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rami Kaldas at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, & Pregnancy.
Nothing was included for our insurance. IUI was quoted to be $1,500 not including meds. Ultrasounds out of pocket were $250 of we paid upfront. If it went to insurance and was denied it was $500. IVF with sister clinic $15,000
What specific things went wrong at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, & Pregnancy?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kaldas Center for Fertility, Surgery, & Pregnancy.
My situation is specific to us. I am confident if we stayed at the clinic we may have achieved pregnancy. However after the months of stress, cost and poor communication. We decided to part ways and explore a separate clinic.
Rami Kaldas