Medical SchoolU. of Missouri
FellowshipBrigham & Women's Hosp
8300 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio, TX 78229
210-450-9500
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Randal Robinson to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend UT Medicine Fertility Center to a friend?
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Randal Robinson] is kind and makes me feel like he is actually listening to what I have to say. If I am venting he lets me finish and we talk through the process. He makes sure by the end of the appointment I understand the next course of action and he has never made me feel rushed... Excision surgery was done laparoscoply to remove stage 4 endometriosis covering both tubes some colon and uterus. Place on birth control for a few months after surgery to get ovulation back on track. After no pregnancy went back and tried iui but he informed me he was hopeful it would work do to my tubes being slightly damaged from the endometriosis. Place me on 5 mg femura starting day 3 of my period. Took for 5 days and started testing opk on day ten and as soon as I had a positive I contacted the office to schedule iui next day.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
He is kind and makes me feel like he is actually listening to what I have to say. If I am venting he lets me finish and we talk through the process. He makes sure by the end of the appointment I understand the next course of action and he has never made me feel rushed
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
It’s a teaching facility so he usually has different fellows each visit.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
Dr Robinson and the entire UT staff have always validated my pain and issues with fertility. He was always informed of my case when I come into the office. I’ve never felt like a number when I’m here
Describe the protocols Randal Robinson used in your cycles at UT Medicine Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Fisrt appointment informed me of suspected endometriosis and throughly explain this condition. Proceed to do vaginal ultrasound and confirmed PCOS, scheduled an HSG a few weeks later. Tubes seemed blocked. He informed me that he would like to proceed with surgery if I continue with the bad pain. Excision surgery was done laparoscoply to remove stage 4 endometriosis covering both tubes some colon and uterus. Place on birth control for a few months after surgery to get ovulation back on track. After no pregnancy went back and tried iui but he informed me he was hopeful it would work do to my tubes being slightly damaged from the endometriosis. Place me on 5 mg femura starting day 3 of my period. Took for 5 days and started testing opk on day ten and as soon as I had a positive I contacted the office to schedule iui next day. Fairly easy process
Love love love the staff, they are well informed and organized.
Describe your experience with UT Medicine Fertility Center.
Communication is super, the wait time is very minimal, I actually had to catch a flight on the day of my iui and they pushed me to the front in order to accommodate a timely arrival at the airport. The only problem I have is the front desk receptionist seems angry all of the time, she does her job and is informed but hardly ever smiles
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center.
Currently using veterans affairs and they have covered all appointments and treatment so far. Did have to pay $80 for husbands semen analysis and 270$ for the iui procedure
Describe Randal Robinson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at UT Medicine Fertility Center.
2011 - 2016
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
[Randal Robinson is an] excellent communicator, goes through all of the options and any evidence basis behind our options, he truly treats me as a family member when helping us make any decisions...Hands down he treats me like I was his own family member. He laid it all out even taking my type A science geek personality into account when performing procedures by keeping photos of exactly what fibroids they removed etc. He has personally called me several times and always takes the time to answer any questions I may have.
2011 - 2016
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
Excellent communicator, goes through all of the options and any evidence basis behind our options, he truly treats me as a family member when helping us make any decisions.
Relax you are in great hands. If you have questions ask he is very patient and answers them all.
Pretty conservative. I had no hormone issues so I did natural cycles IVFs. I start my PIO injections (1ml IM) a week before the transfer along with low dose estrace to thicken the lining. He also does not transfer more than 1 embryo at a time in anyone under 35 years of age to prevent a high risk pregnancy as well as long term health complications multiples can have. I take the estrace daily along with the PIO then go for my blood HCG on day 10 (my embryos are 5 days old) then 3 days later another blood HCG. Then I stop the estrace and continue the PIO injections daily until 8-10 weeks. Then he switches me to progesterone suppositories.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UT Medicine Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Carolyn Bagnetto )
I have not had a bad experience with any nurses. They are all so professional and compassionate. I miss the staff when I'm not frequenting the office.
Describe your experience with UT Medicine Fertility Center.
Clean, easy to get to, great hours, calm atmosphere
Package of $7,000 for initial round of IVF not including drugs. Drugs were about $1,200 and the nurses told me where they were the cheapest around town. A frozen transfer is $1,300 without hatching $1,900 with hatching plus the estrace ($14), PIO $30ish per vial will need around 5 vials.
San Antonio
[Dr. Randal Robinson was] Very understanding and willing to adjust our plans according to our needs. Compassionate man. I always felt very comfortable at our appointments. With him being former military and my husband being Active duty military, he understood our need to be persistent in the short amount of time we’d be under his care...Dr Robinson was VERY thorough with everything, unlike the 8 other doctors I saw previously.
How was your experience with Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
Go into your appointments with an open mind.
The staff was amazing. Went above and beyond. Dr Robinson was VERY thorough with everything, unlike the 8 other doctors I saw previously.
The women who work with Dr Robinson while I was under his care are some of the best nurses I’ve had the opportunity of meeting. They were caring and kind. Everything you could ever want
Describe your experience with UT Medicine Fertility Center.
The only downside is that the clinic is right across the hall from an OBGYN clinic in the building. Overall it’s an amazing facility that completely caters to the needs of their patients. I wish they had more lists of pharmacies to get the medications needed.