9.8

San Antonio, TX 78229
210-450-9500

1 patient review filtered by:

2021, Successful
I liked that he was understanding of our past treatments when we lived in another state and he was also conscious of our financial situation when it came to testing before starting treatment...I only saw Dr. Robinson on my last visit to the fertility center since they rotate through the doctors there but he was my assigned doctor...I had already had a lot of anxiety so his calmness helped me to stay calm
I paid per visit/ultrasound [ at UT Medicine Fertility Center] since my body takes longer to react to the medications...The clinic is clean. You have to pay for parking and sometimes it is hard to find a spot so plan for that before you come...I think this clinic is good for saving money if you need more intensive treatment...I also left a few appointments with a lot of questions and ended up having to call and ask for clarification
How was your experience with Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
Dr. Robinson first met with me over zoom. He was willing to do the treatment that worked for our first child (we were trying for number 2). I liked that he was understanding of our past treatments when we lived in another state and he was also conscious of our financial situation when it came to testing before starting treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
I think this clinic is good for saving money if you need more intensive treatment. Since we only need timed intercourse with a trigger shot, they don’t have one price for the treatment and we had to ou per visit/ultrasound which ended up being more expensive than when we did it at another center. If you need IVF then this clinic will help you save money.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
I only saw Dr. Robinson on my last visit to the fertility center since they rotate through the doctors there but he was my assigned doctor. I had heavy bleeding and thought I had miscarried. Dr. Robinson asked for information about the bleeding but didn’t waste any time by checking on the ultrasound to see if my fears were confirmed. I had already had a lot of anxiety so his calmness helped me to stay calm and I was shocked to see the baby on the ultrasound.
Describe the protocols Randal Robinson used in your cycles at UT Medicine Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I started with a double dosage of letrozole and when my follicle was still too small. I took a triple dosage the next week. The ultrasound showed growth but it still wasn’t ready for the trigger shot. I had to wait a few days and then take the trigger shot. We were told to try the next couple days and then wait two weeks and do a home pregnancy test. I did and it was positive. I hadn’t been given any more information so I figured I would wait and then schedule my first OB appointment. But the OB wouldn’t schedule me until I had my pregnancy confirmed at the fertility clinic. I did a blood test and then an ultrasound a few weeks later to confirm the pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at UT Medicine Fertility Center.
When I started having bleeding at 7 weeks pregnant I messaged the clinic since I was on vacation and got a response from a nurse. There was no sympathy and they just told me to go to an ER which I was unable to do since I was out of state and my insurance wouldn’t cover it. I did get a message later from a different nurse that expressed sympathy for my situation. I also left a few appointments with a lot of questions and ended up having to call and ask for clarification. I was able to fill in the blanks sometimes because I had already gone through treatment before but they did some things differently that weren’t explained and I had to call to figure out my treatment plan.
Describe your experience with UT Medicine Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean. You have to pay for parking and sometimes it is hard to find a spot so plan for that before you come. You pay before each visit (if you are doing timed intercourse) and you pay at the clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center.
I paid per visit/ultrasound and since my body takes longer to react to the medications, I needed more than the “average” timed intercourse patient. It was somewhere around $365 per ultrasound. The initial consultation was around $500. And I paid for all the medications at the pharmacy. I can’t remember the cost of the letrozole but the trigger shot was around $200. I paid around $50 for the blood pregnancy test, as well.
What specific things went wrong at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at UT Medicine Fertility Center.
I was told my positive treatment cycle for my first child would be reproduced at this clinic, which was double dosage of letrozole, estrogen to thicken lining, trigger shot, progesterone suppositories. I started the cycle with the assumption that the treatment would be the same. I took multiple dosages of the letrozole but when I was told my lining was a little thin, I was not given the estrogen suppositories. Then after the trigger shot, I didn’t taken progesterone suppositories and didn’t find out about these changes until I called to ask and was only told “we don’t do that here.”
Randal Robinson