9.8

8300 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio, TX 78229
210-450-9500

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Robinson is very evidenced based, which I prefer so he may not agree or recommend some of the "fertility treatments (homeopathic)" that are said or could possibly improve fertility. But, if you have questions, ask. He will never make you feel stupid for asking. Or if there is something you want to try with your protocol, ask. He is always open to talking through things.
The [UT Medicine Fertility Center] clinic is one of the least expensive, if not THE least expensive in my area but with the type of care and coordination you receive from the providers and staff, you wouldn't know it. I have always received quality care from the UT Health and am happy to continue my journey with them. They have become an extension of my family over the last 8 months and I feel so fortunate to have found such a caring and compassionate team.
How was your experience with Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
Dr. Robinson is not only smart and genuine, he is also very caring and compassionate. He is able to deliver good and bad news in ways that make you understand. Although the clinic has a busy case load, Dr. Robinson ensures he spends as much time with his patients as needed. I did not always see him for monitoring appointments but all of the providers at UT are amazing. I knew that Dr. Robinson was always behind the scenes making any necessary changes to protocols. He ensured he was the one that would do my egg retrieval and my embryo transfer. In my opinion, those are two very special moments during the process. Dr. Robinson takes time to get to know his patients so he is able to best provide a good treatment plan. Options are provided and he explains potential risks and benefits, answers questions but ultimately left decisions up to me. He would always give his professional opinion but would never push any procedures or extras that weren't absolutely needed for my specific case. He always thoroughly explained next steps and I never felt lost or had any misunderstandings with my protocols. I would 110% recommend Dr. Robinson to anyone looking for a warm provider with amazing bedside manner, who is not only very smart but also very patient as well.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
Dr. Robinson and his nursing staff have some of the best bedside manner I have ever encountered with any provider. I work in healthcare and provide an high level of service to my patients and when I see a provider, I expect the same. Dr. Robinson and his team do just that. They go above and beyond to ensure that the patient (and partner) understand all recommended treatments as well as other possible options. Dr. Robinson always involved myself and my husband in our care and spent time with us answering questions. We never felt rushed and always left appointments feeling confident in next steps and the reasoning why we were doing something. Dr. Robinson's staff of nurses are simply incredible. They provide a genuine, kind, and encouraging environment. They are there through the good, the bad, and the ugly. They celebrate with you and the mourn with you. All questions or concerns that may arise after appointments or in between appointments are answered quickly and with detail. They never made me feel like I was a bother or asking too many questions and, in fact, encouraged me to continue to ask questions, even if I thought that they didn't really matter. Before my first retrieval, I was tested for COVID as part of the standard protocol. This was the day before my scheduled ER. Unfortunately, my test came back positive although I was completely asymptomatic. Obviously my retrieval was cancelled but Dr. Robinson went out of his way that same night and made a personal phone call to me. He offered to restart the cycle, without charging me (outside of the cost of medication, which he had no control over) once my isolation was over and my COVID had cleared. I went on to have a very successful retrieval a couple months later. Dr. Robinson understands how important, stressful, emotional, and expensive infertility can be. He understands that we are people and not simply funding for the clinic. The clinic is one of the least expensive, if not THE least expensive in my area but with the type of care and coordination you receive from the providers and staff, you wouldn't know it. I have always received quality care from the UT Health and am happy to continue my journey with them. They have become an extension of my family over the last 8 months and I feel so fortunate to have found such a caring and compassionate team.
Describe the protocols Randal Robinson used in your cycles at UT Medicine Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I used a generic pharmacy out of Houston to save on cost. I was given options of overseas, name brand, or the generic. I had a good AMH (5.3) for my age (39) so he prescribed microdose HCG and FSH. I stimmed for about 5 days before adding Ganirelex. I triggered on day 8 and had my retrieval on day 10. He was able to retrieve 16 eggs, 12 fertilized normally, and we were able to get 6, day 5 blastocysts and one, day 6 blastocyst. (4 good, 3 fair)
Describe your experience with your nurse at UT Medicine Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Yalanda)
There are no words to describe how thankful I am for all the staff. They answer questions on the portal, on average within a couple of hours. They have NEVER made me feel bad for asking so many questions and actually encourage it. They understand that this whole process is emotionally, financially, and physically exhausting. They truly care for their patients and genuinely want a positive outcome for their patients. They are always so understanding and caring and always know what to say. I have always felt so comfortable with them and love that they celebrate my wins and mourn my losses. They have become and extension of my family and I always look forward to seeing them.
Describe your experience with UT Medicine Fertility Center.
Before I was a patient, I had a very difficult time getting in touch with someone to answer my questions. This turned me off at first but I was encouraged to set up a consultation by people who received treatment at UT. I am so glad I did. After I became a patient of Dr. Robinson, communication was NEVER an issue. Making appointments and getting in touch with the staff was always very easy. I will say that there was one fee that I was charged unexpectedly. I take blame for part of that because my insurance isn't the easiest to understand. I received a bill for a second HCG from Quest. Had I know I would be charged, I would have gotten the blood draw from my PCP. Other fees that I did have to pay, I was notified about several days prior to the appointment so there were no surprises. They don't hide the cost of their services, so just ask.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center.
The IVF bundle was $6,000. This included all monitoring, retrieval, and one transfer. I think the price has gone up to $6250 since 1/1/22. ICSI, freezing, and storage were all additional costs. ICSI is required for PG testing. Biopsy fees were $2000 to the clinic and additional cost to Cooper Genomics. After successful transfer, viability scans are $284 for self pay.
Describe Randal Robinson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at UT Medicine Fertility Center.
This was something that was discussed with Dr. Robinson at my initial consultation. We weren't sure if we wanted to test our embryos so we agreed that if we did not, we would transfer two non-tested embryos. Because we opted to not test, we transferred two. I asked Dr. Robinson to choose the two that we transferred and he and the embryologist choose the two to transfer. We opted for 2 due to my age.
What specific things went wrong at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at UT Medicine Fertility Center.
After my retrieval, I received a day 1 and day 3 call at around 11:30 am both times. I was told I would be called on day 5, which was a Saturday. (The clinic is open on Saturday) By noon, I had not received a call but assumed it was because they were probably on a skeleton crew and would call me a little later. By 3pm, no call. So I sent a portal message. I did not receive a call or message on day 5 but on day 6 my nurse did message me through the portal and apologized. They received the embryologist report late and that's why I wasn't notified. I would have preferred to have been told I would be called day 5 OR 6 so I wasn't so anxious waiting for that call but I did appreciate the message on a Sunday.

2019, Consult
He [Dr. Randal Robinson] was thorough. We had multiple questions and never felt like we were asking stupid questions. He was engaged in the conversation...He told me that I could be eligible for medication reduction costs if I wanted to talk to a company that works with cancer patients. I applied through the LiveStrong program, and was accepted, but still needed to come up with close to $9k.
The only thing I would change about this Clinic [UT Medicine Fertility Center] would be, that they would allow multiple payment plan options. Coming up with a big lump sum of money is difficult. Especially if the patient has other medical problems...She [nurse] walked me through the process, she helped prepare me for the examination. She helped eased my nerves. I am in a wheelchair and she helped get me on the table.
How was your experience with Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
I have Desmoid Tumors and my OBGYN oncologist suggested that I speak with Dr. Robinson about preserving embryos. My Hematologist agreed. So we went for a consultation. We asked many questions and if the cost wasn't a factor, we would have promptly started the egg retrieval process. Unfortunately, the cost was more than we thought without a payment plan option. Due to medical bills our credit cards were high and we couldn't afford to begin. He told me that I could be eligible for medication reduction costs if I wanted to talk to a company that works with cancer patients. I applied through the LiveStrong program, and was accepted, but still needed to come up with close to $9k. It was still too much. So, we told LiveStrong we had to work on getting our credit card debt down and they never shipped out the medication. We spoke to Dr. Robinson about everything and he was genuinely sad for the situation, but told me to reach out when we were ready to continue.
Ask as many questions as you can think of. Don't feel like any are stupid. Dr. Robinson will take the time to clearly respond. He is gentle and cares!
He was thorough. We had multiple questions and never felt like we were asking stupid questions. He was engaged in the conversation. Very nice doctor!
We were going to remove eggs and freeze embryos with the intention of using a family member as a surrogate. We didn't get to start the process yet, but when we do, this is still the plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UT Medicine Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: I forgot her name. )
She walked me through the process, she helped prepare me for the examination. She helped eased my nerves. I am in a wheelchair and she helped get me on the table. Very sweet lady.
Describe your experience with UT Medicine Fertility Center.
The only thing I would change about this Clinic would be, that they would allow multiple payment plan options. Coming up with a big lump sum of money is difficult. Especially if the patient has other medical problems. For me I have to see an oncologist, hepatologist for my liver, and the OBGYN regularly for my multiple issues. This is the recent carrying a pregnancy is not safe for me. But all of the doctors agree that doing the egg removal and embryo freezing would be okay for me.
I qualifying with a program through Livestrong to get my medication. Unfortunately the cost was still too high and we could not pursue until we were able to pay off some of our credit card debt. At this point we are still working towards that goal. I believe that we have to owe $9,000.
We aren't interested in multiple embryo transfer. We only want a single birth.
San Antonio

He [Dr. Randal Robinson] is kind and makes me feel like he is actually listening to what I have to say. If I am venting he lets me finish and we talk through the process. He makes sure by the end of the appointment I understand the next course of action and he has never made me feel rushed... Excision surgery was done laparoscoply to remove stage 4 endometriosis covering both tubes some colon and uterus. Place on birth control for a few months after surgery to get ovulation back on track. After no pregnancy went back and tried iui but he informed me he was hopeful it would work do to my tubes being slightly damaged from the endometriosis. Place me on 5 mg femura starting day 3 of my period. Took for 5 days and started testing opk on day ten and as soon as I had a positive I contacted the office to schedule iui next day.
[at UT Medicine Fertility Center] Communication is super, the wait time is very minimal, I actually had to catch a flight on the day of my iui and they pushed me to the front in order to accommodate a timely arrival at the airport. The only problem I have is the front desk receptionist seems angry all of the time, she does her job and is informed but hardly ever smiles.. It’s a teaching facility so he usually has different fellows each visit.
How was your experience with Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
He is kind and makes me feel like he is actually listening to what I have to say. If I am venting he lets me finish and we talk through the process. He makes sure by the end of the appointment I understand the next course of action and he has never made me feel rushed
It’s a teaching facility so he usually has different fellows each visit.
Dr Robinson and the entire UT staff have always validated my pain and issues with fertility. He was always informed of my case when I come into the office. I’ve never felt like a number when I’m here
Fisrt appointment informed me of suspected endometriosis and throughly explain this condition. Proceed to do vaginal ultrasound and confirmed PCOS, scheduled an HSG a few weeks later. Tubes seemed blocked. He informed me that he would like to proceed with surgery if I continue with the bad pain. Excision surgery was done laparoscoply to remove stage 4 endometriosis covering both tubes some colon and uterus. Place on birth control for a few months after surgery to get ovulation back on track. After no pregnancy went back and tried iui but he informed me he was hopeful it would work do to my tubes being slightly damaged from the endometriosis. Place me on 5 mg femura starting day 3 of my period. Took for 5 days and started testing opk on day ten and as soon as I had a positive I contacted the office to schedule iui next day. Fairly easy process
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at UT Medicine Fertility Center.
Love love love the staff, they are well informed and organized.
Describe your experience with UT Medicine Fertility Center.
Currently using veterans affairs and they have covered all appointments and treatment so far. Did have to pay $80 for husbands semen analysis and 270$ for the iui procedure

2011 - 2016, Successful
[Randal Robinson is an] excellent communicator, goes through all of the options and any evidence basis behind our options, he truly treats me as a family member when helping us make any decisions...Hands down he treats me like I was his own family member. He laid it all out even taking my type A science geek personality into account when performing procedures by keeping photos of exactly what fibroids they removed etc. He has personally called me several times and always takes the time to answer any questions I may have.
Package of $7,000 for initial round of IVF not including drugs[at UT Medicine Fertility Center]. Drugs were about $1,200 and the nurses told me where they were the cheapest around town. A frozen transfer is $1,300 without hatching $1,900 with hatching plus the estrace ($14), PIO $30ish per vial will need around 5 vials....[Dr Randal Robinson was an] excellent communicator, goes through all of the options and any evidence basis behind our options, he truly treats me as a family member when helping us make any decisions.
How was your experience with Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
Excellent communicator, goes through all of the options and any evidence basis behind our options, he truly treats me as a family member when helping us make any decisions.
Relax you are in great hands. If you have questions ask he is very patient and answers them all.
Pretty conservative. I had no hormone issues so I did natural cycles IVFs. I start my PIO injections (1ml IM) a week before the transfer along with low dose estrace to thicken the lining. He also does not transfer more than 1 embryo at a time in anyone under 35 years of age to prevent a high risk pregnancy as well as long term health complications multiples can have. I take the estrace daily along with the PIO then go for my blood HCG on day 10 (my embryos are 5 days old) then 3 days later another blood HCG. Then I stop the estrace and continue the PIO injections daily until 8-10 weeks. Then he switches me to progesterone suppositories.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UT Medicine Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Carolyn Bagnetto )
I have not had a bad experience with any nurses. They are all so professional and compassionate. I miss the staff when I'm not frequenting the office.
Describe your experience with UT Medicine Fertility Center.
Clean, easy to get to, great hours, calm atmosphere
Package of $7,000 for initial round of IVF not including drugs. Drugs were about $1,200 and the nurses told me where they were the cheapest around town. A frozen transfer is $1,300 without hatching $1,900 with hatching plus the estrace ($14), PIO $30ish per vial will need around 5 vials.

2021 - 2022, Successful
[Dr. Randal Robinson] is so kind and genuinely cares about every patient. The staff was amazing and so positive which is exactly what I needed. They all knew me by name and greeted me. Dr. Robinson laid out many options for us with risks and benefits and statistics so we could make informed decisions...Listen to all his options for you and he does a great job of being present to answer any and all questions. You never feel rushed
Strengths [UT Medicine Fertility Center]: very up to date on research, great cohesive staff, they store all lab materials right there in clinic so no transport Weakness: don’t always have your physician doing the scans (but they are always posted)...Dr. Robinson is so kind and genuinely cares about every patient. The staff was amazing and so positive which is exactly what I needed. They all knew me by name and greeted me.
How was your experience with Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
He is a great physician. He presents the facts in a kind way especially as infertility is very stressful and emotional. He was so compassionate and genuinely cares about you. He always greets you with a smile! He is an amazing physician and I would recommend him to anyone
Dr. Robinson is so kind and genuinely cares about every patient. The staff was amazing and so positive which is exactly what I needed. They all knew me by name and greeted me. Dr. Robinson laid out many options for us with risks and benefits and statistics so we could make informed decisions
I utilized cetrotide, gonal f, and novarel. I had all good results with them
Amazing! So kind and helpful! They explained everything and were very knowledgeable
Describe your experience with UT Medicine Fertility Center.
Strengths: very up to date on research, great cohesive staff, they store all lab materials right there in clinic so no transport Weakness: don’t always have your physician doing the scans (but they are always posted)
IUI with trigger shot: $1000 IVF with fresh transfer (all ultrasounds and bloodwork), storing 4 embryos for 3 years, meds, cryopreservation: $12,000
I wanted the safest method and for us based on research it was best for a single transfer

2020 - 2021, Successful
[Dr. Robinson is] Incredibly knowledgeable. I went in the PCOS and my IVF protocol was just super perfect for my body. I know it's still a good portion of luck but his research helped alot. He is very thorough and catches things very quickly on the sonograms, he's also a very great teacher the residents he is guiding. Always treated me like a person, always left me detail notes in my chart...
[at UT Medicine Fertility Center] Call backs are prompt, nurses are caring, Doctors all work together in your care and there is always a team supporting you through out your treatment. When an issue arose early in my pregnancy I knew exactly who to call even at 4 am. Appointments were pushed earlier when needed...IUI: 600$ IVF: 6000$ ICSI:1500$ Anesthesia: 500$ Meds:1200$ Freezing: 500$ Storage every 6 months: 400$
How was your experience with Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
Do some research of your own if you can, one of the most difficult things about IVF period is knowing what questions to ask in the first place, if you do he can answer them with out issue.
Everyone at this office is rooting for you. Call backs are prompt, nurses are caring, Doctors all work together in your care and there is always a team supporting you through out your treatment. When an issue arose early in my pregnancy I knew exactly who to call even at 4 am. Appointments were pushed earlier when needed.
Describe your experience with UT Medicine Fertility Center.
The strengths of the clinic is definitely the medical staff, just awesome, the clinic is also low cost. The administration and billing could be way better though. Its hard to get anyone on the phone or even call backs for billing.
Single Embryo transfer is the norm for under 35 at this clinic unless otherwise noted, that way high risk pregnancies are avoided.
2014, Successful
[Dr. Randal Robinson was] Very understanding and willing to adjust our plans according to our needs. Compassionate man. I always felt very comfortable at our appointments. With him being former military and my husband being Active duty military, he understood our need to be persistent in the short amount of time we’d be under his care...Dr Robinson was VERY thorough with everything, unlike the 8 other doctors I saw previously.
The staff [at UT Medicine Fertility Center] was amazing. Went above and beyond...The women who work with Dr Robinson while I was under his care are some of the best nurses I’ve had the opportunity of meeting. They were caring and kind. Everything you could ever want...The only downside is that the clinic is right across the hall from an OBGYN clinic in the building. Overall it’s an amazing facility that completely caters to the needs of their patients. I wish they had more lists of pharmacies to get the medications needed.
How was your experience with Randal Robinson at UT Medicine Fertility Center?
Go into your appointments with an open mind.
The staff was amazing. Went above and beyond. Dr Robinson was VERY thorough with everything, unlike the 8 other doctors I saw previously.