Medical SchoolWash U. St. Louis
FellowshipU. of Chicago
2155 E. Conference Drive
Tempe, AZ 85284
480-831-2445
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Randall Craig to a friend?

4.6

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Treatment Center to a friend?
He [Dr. Randall Craig] is very much like an engineer in that he's very technical, direct, and can come off a bit dry. Someone told me that listening to him is like drinking from a firehouse, and that is the best description! He talks fast and shoots you with a ton of information, but he is so knowledgeable. He may not have a warm and fuzzy bedside manner, but he really does care about your success. And he has an incredible sarcastic sense of humor!
Our IVF coordinator Daina was an angel. She's been with the clinic [FTC] for 25 years (!!!) and is a total expert. I'm sure that I could have spoken to Dr. Craig directly if I needed to, but all contact had to go through Daina. It worked for me, and was nice to always have the same person to talk to and get to know through the process. She was very responsive to both calls and emails. The regular nurses for blood draws were also great, very caring, friendly, and efficient.
How was your experience with Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center?
Dr. Craig is probably genius level intelligent - he has been doing this for so long and is such an expert in this field. He is very much like an engineer in that he's very technical, direct, and can come off a bit dry. Someone told me that listening to him is like drinking from a firehouse, and that is the best description! He talks fast and shoots you with a ton of information, but he is so knowledgeable. He may not have a warm and fuzzy bedside manner, but he really does care about your success. And he has an incredible sarcastic sense of humor!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center?
Make sure you bring a partner with you to help you absorb some of the info, because Dr. Craig is going to talk fast and give you tons of rapid-fire info. Ask him questions if you don't understand something, he's very good at breaking things down. And make sure you get all of your questions answered, because you probably won't see him between your consult and your first procedure.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center?
Janelle at the front desk is amazing - she always greeted me by name and made me feel welcome. The first time I ever called FTC, in a panic over a last minute cancelled IVF cycle at another clinic, she instantly calmed me down and made me feel taken care of. This level of care was continued with the coordinators and nurses, they were all so friendly and on the ball.
Describe the protocols Randall Craig used in your cycles at Fertility Treatment Center and their degree of success.
We came to Dr. Craig for IVF after doing 2 unsuccessful IUI's at another clinic, and he agreed that IVF was the best course for us. We did an antagonist protocol, with Femara, Follistim, Menopur and HCG trigger. Due to my previous poor response in my IUI cycles, our expectations were pretty low. However, I surprised us all and had a great response and about 22 measurable follicles heading into retrieval. Unfortunately most of those follicles were empty, and I ended up with only 7 eggs. Of those, 5 were mature, 3 fertilized normally and were frozen on day 4; 2 were "good" quality and 1 was "fair/poor." We planned to transfer 2. On transfer day, the "fair/poor" embryo did not survive the thaw, and both "good" embryos were transferred but did not result in pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Treatment Center. (Assigned nurse: Daina)
Our IVF coordinator Daina was an angel. She's been with the clinic for 25 years (!!!) and is a total expert. I'm sure that I could have spoken to Dr. Craig directly if I needed to, but all contact had to go through Daina. It worked for me, and was nice to always have the same person to talk to and get to know through the process. She was very responsive to both calls and emails. The regular nurses for blood draws were also great, very caring, friendly, and efficient.
Describe your experience with Fertility Treatment Center.
FTC is a well oiled machine - many of the clinic staff have been with Dr. Craig for years and years, so they are very efficient and very good at what they do. However, care is very individualized, so you're not made to feel like a number. They keep pretty close to schedules, so you won't spend all day in the waiting room. Time with Dr. Craig is minimal - for me I only saw him at our consult, retrieval and transfer, but any questions are easily and quickly addressed by coordinators. One big thing to note is that Dr. Craig and the embryologist Dr. Tao prefer to freeze embryos on day 4/morula stage rather than day 5/blastocyst, unless you are doing PGS. It sounded novel and unique at the time, but the more I've learned about day 5/blastocyst stage being the "gold standard" of potential embryo success, I'm not sure that I would freeze/transfer day 4 embryos again.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center.
Luckily my insurance covered IVF with Dr. Craig, so my expenses were limited to my deductible and out of pocket max.
Describe Randall Craig's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Treatment Center.
Because of my age (39 at the time) and because my embryos were not PGS tested, Dr. Craig suggested we transfer 2 embryos at a time, but fully explained the risk of multiple births.

2019 - 2020
I had 3 failed cycles [with Dr. Craig] until we got to #4 and finally were able to retrieve eggs. We started with the basic gonal-f, menopur mix. Did not work. Moved on to Gonal-F, menopur higher does and Neupogen - failed again. Third time we tried lupron and my body revolted! Then we finally did a block cycle that was fantastic for my body with a femera boost in the beginning...he is very blunt, speaks fast, and pulls no punches. He was very direct about a course and why we were doing this.
I spoke with my IVF coordinator [at Fertility Treatment Center] at least once a week if not every day when needed. They never forgot about me, always set expectations and let me know what was going on even if it was something I did not want to hear...I had 3 failed cycles until we got to #4 and finally were able to retrieve eggs...One full IVF cycle was $11,000 for me and my husband. We paid upfront to get that discount. No insurance
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center?
I have seen Dr Craig a handful of times and he is very blunt, speaks fast, and pulls no punches. He was very direct about a course and why we were doing this. I spoke with my IVF coordinator at least once a week if not every day when needed. They never forgot about me, always set expectations and let me know what was going on even if it was something I did not want to hear
Ask questions until you understand! Give Dr.Craig the benefit of the doubt. He is really caring and a great doctor if you can get past his fast speaking and direct attitude. For me him being direct was a selling point.
The care I was given was very personalized. My IVF coordinator was more like a friend then some lady giving me medical advice. She knows everything about me and what works for me.
I had 3 failed cycles until we got to #4 and finally were able to retrieve eggs. We started with the basic gonal-f, menopur mix. Did not work. Moved on to Gonal-F, menopur higher does and Neupogen - failed again. Third time we tried lupron and my body revolted! Then we finally did a block cycle that was fantastic for my body with a femera boost in the beginning.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Treatment Center. (Assigned nurse: Diana Green)
Diana knows everything about me and has been my rock through this whole process. Her only weakness is that she takes time off when I want to call her at 3am! She was always there and returned my calls ASAP and my emails even faster!
Describe your experience with Fertility Treatment Center.
The clinic itself is clean, in a good neighborhood, and has everything in one place. If you need a procedure it will happen right there. No going to outside labs or hospitals. The front desk receptionist is always friendly and attentive when I come in, asks about my day, and listens. They offer water if you need it. TV is playing a movie while you wait a very short time to be called back. They use medical students at times to draw blood so you might get poked an extra time but they are all super sweet.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Treatment Center.
Monitoring for me was always done in the morning. Susan normally did my ultrasounds, she is super sweet and personable. She would cheer me on when things were good and hold my hand with bad news.
Tempe

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center.

Male Factor, Other
He [Dr. Craig] talked very fast and is sometimes difficult to follow. It’s a bit like drinking from a fire house. However he does seem competent. I wish I could see him more frequently and I wish he would spend more time with his patients. ... He recommended IUI for us because we have male infertility factor. ... He gave us multiple options for treatments from least aggressive/cheapest to most aggressive/expensive. He also provided probabilities of conceiving with each. The cheapest option was timed intercourse with Femara and progesterone. The most expensive was IVF.
The staff [at Fertility Treatment Center] are nice but you aren’t given much time with the doctor or nurses. You are shuffled through quickly, which can be nice, but which is also annoying if you have questions. ... They seemed nice but also weren’t very clear with what was going on at times. They seemed compassionate, especially wig invasive procedures. ... The clinic is lovely and comfortable. They always have good movies playing in the waiting room and a tree decorated with paper sperm for every holiday, which is pretty funny. It’s always clean and they even have Saturday hours, which is helpful since I have to drive 2.5 hours to get to the clinic.
How was your experience with Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center?
He talked very fast and is sometimes difficult to follow. It’s a bit like drinking from a fire house. However he does seem competent. I wish I could see him more frequently and I wish he would spend more time with his patients.
Come prepared with all of your questions. You won’t have much time with him so make good use of it. Take notes when he’s talking to you and ask him to clarify if you are confused.
The staff are nice but you aren’t given much time with the doctor or nurses. You are shuffled through quickly, which can be nice, but which is also annoying if you have questions.
He gave us multiple options for treatments from least aggressive/cheapest to most aggressive/expensive. He also provided probabilities of conceiving with each. The cheapest option was timed intercourse with Femara and progesterone. The most expensive was IVF. He recommended IUI for us because we have male infertility factor.
Describe your experience with Fertility Treatment Center.
I pay a $40 copay for each visit. An IUI would cost around $550 with IVF costing $12-15,000 I believe.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Treatment Center.
They didn’t inform me of a clinical research trial they were doing until close to the deadline. I rushed to get all my lab work done and went off all meds for a full cycle as a prerequisite for the study. They failed to submit my results and failed to follow up with me to inform me that my information didn’t make it into the study prior to the deadline.

2017 - 2019
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained, Other
Dr. Craig runs his clinic like a well-oiled machine. He is very experienced and has his protocols that appear to be "tried and true". That being said, he was willing to tweak the protocols to my personal needs...talks very fast and doesn't explain things in great detail unless you stop him to ask. He is friendly, but doesn't have the warmest bedside manner with patients. He appears to be someone who enjoys analyzing data more than being face-to-face with a patient.
[The nurses at Fertility Treatment Center are] On the ball. Knowledgeable. Daina has been with Dr. Craig for 25 years and is a great resource...we did eSET on our first transfer and he [Dr. Craig] was okay with it; however I did sign a release acknowledging this was less embroys than he recommended...Clinic is busy but the staff is really nice. Billing department was easy to work with. They are well-staffed with a PA, MAs, and an ultrasound tech. They usually run on time and don't leave me waiting too long in the waiting room.
2017 - 2019
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center?
Dr. Craig talks very fast and doesn't explain things in great detail unless you stop him to ask. He is friendly, but doesn't have the warmest bedside manner with patients. He appears to be someone who enjoys analyzing data more than being face-to-face with a patient.
Stop him to ask questions when he is going over your plan.
Dr. Craig runs his clinic like a well-oiled machine. He is very experienced and has his protocols that appear to be "tried and true". That being said, he was willing to tweak the protocols to my personal needs. The staff is very personal and although the clinic is large, most of them know my name and are very compassionate healthcare workers. I think the clinical staff really love their job.
Our first treatment cycle was with Femara and HCG trigger injection. I had 3 follicles and the cycle was unsuccessful. The next IUI we added Folistim (I think 200units every other day), which produced 5 or 6 follicles. This was unsuccessful. Our 2 egg retrievals we used Folistim, Femara, Menopur and antagonist Ganirelix. Oral meds included levothyroxine, metformin, CoQ10, DHEA, PNV+DHA. We got about 8 or 9 eggs retrieved from each harvest and ended up with a total of 10 day-5 embroys which were PGS biopsied and frozen. For transfer we used Lupron, estrogen pills, estrogel, Estrace, and added prednisone, progesterone vaginal cream and progesterone in oil prior to transfer, and added Lovenox and Aspirin after transfer. First transfer we were successful with a PGS normal single embryo but had a miscarriage at 8 weeks. Second transfer we transferred 2 PGS normal embryos but had negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with Fertility Treatment Center.
We had some insurance coverage for fertility (up to a certain amount). There were some procedures and labs that were covered under our regular insurance. Cost of medication for each egg retrieval cycle (paid to an outside pharmacy) was about $4500 each time.
Dr. Craig is no longer recommending PGS biopsy for most patients for simply screening purposes. He feels the test "was released too early" and has done clinical trials at his own clinic that found transfer of PGS-biopsied embroys had worse outcomes with transfers and miscarriages. He continues to recommend transferring 2 based on his embryologist grading (Good, Fair, Poor, etc). He is promoting that we consider transferring our PGS normal embroys that are rated "good", despite the PGS result. That being said, we did eSET on our first transfer and he was okay with it; however I did sign a release acknowledging this was less embroys than he recommended.
Tempe

I was apart of a clinical trial, so my experience is not the typical FTC patient experience. ... FTC has been around a long time and it shows. It runs very smoothly and I never had an issue with waiting too long to be called back. There is a lot of staff there, so it seems like they work as a team well. The rooms were nice and big and had a separate changing room, so you didn't feel like someone was going to walk in on you when you were getting undressed.
How was your experience with Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center?
I was apart of a clinical trial, so my experience is not the typical FTC patient experience. I never did a consult with the Dr, just met with the PA Kristina and once approved for the study was assigned 2 study coordinators and an IVF nurse that I primarily worked with along with Kristina. I saw Dr Craig once during my testing for the study, one time for stims he did my ultrasound and of course I saw him at retrival and transfer. He is very to the point and explains things clearly. You can tell he for sure knows his stuff and I felt very secure in his care. He always made sure I had all questions answered. I guess he does these clinical trials frequently, so he is always up to date with the latest science.
Make sure your partner is there with you because he talks fast and its good to have a 2nd set of ears. You can also ask if he doesn't mind being recorded on your phone so you have something to reference later.
FTC is not as "busy" feeling as my last clinic. From my 1st appt on I felt known by the staff by name and never had an issue communicating my needs and questions.
My protocol was dictated by the study/pharmaceutical company testing out a new FSH injectable drug. I came in Day 3 for my baseline. Was started that night on the experimental drug at 12 mcg. Came back on Day 5 of stims, continued 12 mcg and started on ganerelix. Came back on Day 6 of stims and was increased to 15 mcg plus ganerelix. Came back Day 7 and continued 15 mcg plus ganerelix. Day 8 I triggered and Day 10 had retrival. It was a double blind placebo study, so I was not allowed to know how many follicles I had or what my labs were. I ended up with 8 eggs retrived, 7 mature, 6 fertilized with ICSI and 4 blasts.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Treatment Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Jennifer, my IVF nurse, was always very positive. Called me at each step to make sure I understood. My 2 study coordinators Maggie and Lauren were also very good. They made sure I knew that they were available 24 hours a day for me if I needed them. The explained the specific rules for the study well, which was helpful.
Describe your experience with Fertility Treatment Center.
My costs were much lower because it was a study.
Not sure of Dr Craig's thoughts on this. The study required us to do only single embryo transfers.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Treatment Center.
I was on thyroid medication from a previous clinic and asked to get my TSH rechecked so I could get a new script since I was about to run out. I did get it redrawn, but they never called in my script. Luckily, my old RE had autorenewed my script even though I haven't been there in months, so I was ok for another 90 days. This happened during the holidays, so I think it just got lost in the busyness of the season. I didn't bother saying anything to FTC since it was kind of a moot point.

2015 - 2019
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
These women [nurses at Fertility Treatment Center] are the greatest! They understand that emotions are running high and do their best to take care of each patient individually. I have been going to this clinic for a long time and they have always been great about helping with costs (checking a million pharmacies, giving you any sample they may have in office, etc.). They understand the expense and emotional toll and are wonderful and professional! They make even the hard visits pleasant.
2015 - 2019
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center?
Dr. Craig is a man of numbers and statistics. He lays everything out for you and rushes through your treatment options. You feel overwhelmed at times but he is extremely patient and willing to answer any question you may have. He is brilliant and you can tell off the bat that he looks at each patient as a problem that needs fixing (in the best way possible). If you are looking for great bedside manner or warm and fuzzies, Dr. Craig might not be for you. As someone who gets all the support she needs from those around her, we wanted someone who was of the mindset that “A+B= pregnancy” and if not, we are going to try everything we can to make it happen. I never felt like just another patient, but definitely as a case that needed to be solved. I was/an okay with that.
Don’t feel overwhelmed when he talks a mile a minute and runs through your diagnostic faster than you can blink. Take time to process it and ask all the questions you need. He will answer them. Also, don’t expect to see him on time. He usually runs about 15 minutes or so behind!
While he is very technical and not warm and fruzzy (which we were not looking for), he was always very thorough with us. He never rushed our appointments and made sure every question was answered to our satisfaction. His team is incredible and fill in on the warm and fuzzies. They get to know you personally and carry the burden of what you are going through on their shoulders as well.
With my first pregnancy we tried clomid and a trigger shot, clomid+trigger shot+follistem, then the same but added an IUI. I got pregnant. This second time around I have tried several different IUI/drug combinations that have included clomid/follistem/menupour/lupron. I had one miscarriage (pill D&C), several negative pregnancy tests and a chemical pregnancy (surgery D&C). We are now in the process of IVF that will include follistem/birth control/menupor as well as several other drugs I can’t think of right now. Throughout the process I have had my tubes cleared twice and had an outpatient surgery a heteroscopy where they “scarred” my uterus lining for better chances.
These women are the greatest! They understand that emotions are running high and do their best to take care of each patient individually. I have been going to this clinic for a long time and they have always been great about helping with costs (checking a million pharmacies, giving you any sample they may have in office, etc.). They understand the expense and emotional toll and are wonderful and professional! They make even the hard visits pleasant.
Describe your experience with Fertility Treatment Center.
The clinic is clean and has a surgical center attached, so you can have most procedures in house. They make it warm and inviting. They are always decorated for the different holidays, have a kid area in case you need it and offer coffee/water. It is clean and very well maintained.
I was lucky because for the first baby my husband’s insurance had WIN Fertility coverage and helped keep our drug costs down. IUI’s however, cost us about $600 a pop. Ultrasounds and bloodwork were extra but in the $10’s-$50’s range. I received a lot of samples so I didn’t have to purchase one off drugs. Currently, our IVF drugs were $400 and the total cost of the actual IVF procedures will run us about $13,000.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Treatment Center.
Just once I had to follow up on a prescription, but just once in all the times I have been there.
Tempe

We had a face to face meeting with the doc [Dr. Randall Craig] and we went to a treatment room his nurse took some blood pressure and minimal tests. Then doc came in did a vag ultrasound. Got dressed and met him back in the office to discuss what he learned. Then we spoke to the finance people and had I not had coffee in the am I would have been able to get my blood work done. But he told me I can do that later. Gave us next step to see Dr. Daitch to see about getting my SO sperm
We are new in the process but the visit we have had with them [Fertility Treatment Center- Tempe] we had no issues. Questions were answerd and we both felt important. Did an ultrasound at the consultation to get a better idea of what issues could come up. We decided this is where we want to go... They were great and answered questions and had great bed side manner.
How was your experience with Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center?
We are new in the process but the visit we have had with them we had no issues. Questions were answerd and we both felt important. Did an ultrasound at the consultation to get a better idea of what issues could come up. We decided this is where we want to go
Bring old blood work and images of surgeries and such. The more you can bring the more he can give you an idea of what to expect
He listened to my questions answered questions that I had about why my cycles were so short and made sense of some old blood work which no other doctors have ever said. He was the first that told me what is going on with my body was not Normal but could be fixed. Every other doc said everything. Was Normal.
We had a face to face meeting with the doc and we went to a treatment room his nurse took some blood pressure and minimal tests. Then doc came in did a vag ultrasound. Got dressed and met him back in the office to discuss what he learned. Then we spoke to the finance people and had I not had coffee in the am I would have been able to get my blood work done. But he told me I can do that later. Gave us next step to see Dr. Daitch to see about getting my SO sperm. That is where we are today.
They were great and answered questions and had great bed side manner.
Describe your experience with Fertility Treatment Center.
They explained everything before we came. I don’t know that I would have anything to ad or suggest. The clinic and staff all are clean and organized. The receptionist is very responsive to email too.
It wasn’t cheap but it was easy to understand. Outlines all steps and tests and procedures fairly clear
No it was explained very clearly

Male Factor, Other
Dr. Craig is very knowledgeable and informative. He does talk fast and gives a lot of information at once but will stop and answer questions if you ask. He is very upfront about the risks and the chances and does not sugar coat things... I was put on femera cycle day 3-7. Did a trigger shot and then iui. I was put on progesterone cream starting the day after iui till the results of the pregnancy test. I was also on bromocriptine for high prolactin levels. This cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy test. I am not currently on cycle 2 for iui. The only difference is I am now also using follistim injections to increase my follicle numbers and to thicken my lining which was too thin the first cycle. The follistim increased my lining from 5 to 8 and increased my mature follicles from 2 to 5. I am still in the middle of this cycle and do not know the results they will produce.
They [Fertility Treatment Center- Tempe] were great at answering questions and keeping the office clean and organized. Sometimes it can take a little bit to get a response from phone calls but that’s to be expected at any doctors office. They do respond to urgent ones in a timely manner from my experience.... The iui cycle I completed with the consultation, testing, medication, HSG test, and the iui was around $1,000.
How was your experience with Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center?
Go in with a list of questions you have and take something with you that you can jot down answers on. Take someone with you if possible such as your significant other. Having a second person will be helpful in remembering information when leaving.
All of my questions were answered at all of my appointments. The staff took their time to spend a few extra minutes with me to make sure I felt comfortable and all of my questions were answered. I was always greeted when entering the office. Everyone was updated on where I was in my cycle and treatment prior to meeting with me.
They were very compassionate and were great when answering questions.
Describe your experience with Fertility Treatment Center.
They were great at answering questions and keeping the office clean and organized. Sometimes it can take a little bit to get a response from phone calls but that’s to be expected at any doctors office. They do respond to urgent ones in a timely manner from my experience.

IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Other
Dr. Craig is very very smart. While you're talking to him it's like you can see the gears in his head turning to process everything and come up with the best possible plan.... He talks quickly and gives a lot of information in your consultations. If you feel like he is talking to fast or like you don't understand, don't be afraid to ask him questions. He is very receptive and will explain again so you can understand. He's very smart, and is willing to change things up if you don't feel like things are working.
The greatest strength of this clinic [Fertility Treatment Center- Tempe] is how well it functions. Their business model and the way they communicate and care for patients is next level, and we have been very impressed. I definitely feel important and cared for, and I feel like regardless of the time of day (or night) there is someone to answer my questions. The only thing I can see as a potential weakness is that someone coming from another clinic may find Dr. Craig's communication to be very particular. He is brilliant, and talks very fast, and if you're not prepared for that, it might catch you off guard. However, I've mentioned in previous explanations that he is very willing to repeat and answer questions. Don't hesitate to make sure you've gotten your questions and concerns addressed.
IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center?
Dr. Craig is very very smart. While you're talking to him it's like you can see the gears in his head turning to process everything and come up with the best possible plan. In our previous experience with doctors we have felt like we weren't welcome to ask questions or voice concerns, but with Dr. Craig we feel we can express our wishes, and he works with us to figure out a plan. The only thing I would say can be difficult is that he talks very fast. And during our first embryo transfer he mumbled too quietly for me to fully catch everything he was saying. However, the nurses are aware of this, and they fill you in and help you feel prepared and informed so that you aren't lost or worried.
Take notes. He talks quickly and gives a lot of information in your consultations. If you feel like he is talking to fast or like you don't understand, don't be afraid to ask him questions. He is very receptive and will explain again so you can understand. He's very smart, and is willing to change things up if you don't feel like things are working.
The organization of the entire office has been such a breath of fresh air! We have felt so cared for working with Dr. Craig as well as our coordinator and nurses. Everyone is friendly and it just works as such a well-oiled machine and it feels like a family team.
IVF prep protocol included 4 weeks of birth control pills (Norethindrone 5mg). after those 4 weeks, I started with Lupron injections (20 units) once daily. After 5 days, I stopped the birth control. On cycle day 4 I went in for a baseline ultrasound and labs. The next day I started my stimming protocol. Follistim (100 IU), Lupron (10 units), and Neupogen (10 units) once every 3 days. Two days later I started Menopur (37.5 IU). The next day Follistim went down to 50 IU, and the following day I had another ultrasound and labs to monitor. Doses of Follistim and Menopur were adjusted based on US and hormone levels, I continued for 2 more days on 50 IU Follistim, and 75 IU Menopur. The 10 unites of Lupron continued daily. I went in for daily ultrasounds after that, and then was given instructions to trigger (Ovidrel) for retrieval. Along with Foltanx, CoQ10, and pre-natal vitamins. For Transfer Prep: I have done one full transfer, which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. We transferred two embryos. 3 weeks of birth control pills. Prep Protocol included: Lupron (10units) until cycle day 10, Neupogen (10units every 3 days), Estradiol pills (1mg am/pm) then up to 2mg 3x daily on cycle day 10-14, then back to am/pm for remainder of cycle. Estrace cream (2gm bedtime), Progesterone injection (100mg am), Progesterone cream (1gm am/pm), Prednisone (10mg am/pm cycle days 18-23, then 5mg once daily until told to stop). Lovenox injection (40mg) and 81mg Aspirin begin day after FET and continue until told to stop. CoQ10, Foltanx, and prenatals continue. We are currently in the process of our second transfer prep, for transfer at the end of this month. After our first unsuccessful transfer, Dr. Craig modified my medication plan slightly. Birth Control for 3 weeks, and then prep protocol has included Estradiol tablets (2mg am/pm), Estrace cream (2gm pm), L-Argenine (500mg am/pm), Mouthwash 2x daily, Neupogen (10unites ever 3 days), progestrerone injection (100mg am), Progesterone cream (1gm am/pm), Prednisone (10mg am/pm, then down to 5mg once daily). Lovenox injection (40mg), and 81mg Aspirin beginning the day after FET and continuing on until told to stop. CoQ10, Foltanx, and prenatals continue.
We have loved having an assigned IVF coordinator through this process. She has been so great and communicative, and is always very very quick to respond to emails and phone calls. This being our 4th doctor, and having gone through several years of treatments, we have a lot of questions and she is always so thorough and helpful.
Describe your experience with Fertility Treatment Center.
The greatest strength of this clinic is how well it functions. Their business model and the way they communicate and care for patients is next level, and we have been very impressed. I definitely feel important and cared for, and I feel like regardless of the time of day (or night) there is someone to answer my questions. The only thing I can see as a potential weakness is that someone coming from another clinic may find Dr. Craig's communication to be very particular. He is brilliant, and talks very fast, and if you're not prepared for that, it might catch you off guard. However, I've mentioned in previous explanations that he is very willing to repeat and answer questions. Don't hesitate to make sure you've gotten your questions and concerns addressed.
Because of our situation with needing PGS testing, our total so far through working with Fertility Treatment Center has come out to just over $25,500. We were given an estimated $13-15,000 for our entire IVF cycle, and the PGS ended up costing around $10,000.
Dr. Craig was very helpful in guiding us through all of our options with embryo transfer. Because of our unique situation with a Balanced Translocation, we had a lot of big decisions to make regarding our embryo quality and PGS results. Dr. Craig has worked with us to explain possible outcomes, and has been very respectful of our wishes and understanding of our desire to have babies after years of trying. He has informed us of the possible outcomes regarding transferring higher quality embryos combined with lower quality embryos (for example, doing one of each), and the possibilities of multiples.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
For my first IUI [with Dr. Randall Craig] I was on Metformin and then a trigger shot for my second IUI I was on fermera and the orvidel trigger. We took me off metformin because that didn't seem to be working. I had already had a failed IVF and it was found from dr. Craig I could have been over stimulated so we backed off at some of them. My partner on the second IUI was put on Clomid the first round he was natural. And every appointment dr. Craig has a plan written out ABCD.
I absolutely love the nursing stuff here [at Fertility Treatment Center-Tempe] every time I come in defeated they always cheer me up and they told me that it can be done even with low numbers they believe that I can have a success they told me never to give up. The nurses make me feel as if I can do anything like I am some sort of superhero.... The staff is always available for me to talk to. They help me understand and they make me feel as if I am part of their family.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center?
Doctor Craig and can talk really fast and he's such an expert in his field sometimes you have to really pay attention to what he's saying so you can understand what's going on however he gives you so much hope and when he talks you can tell that he absolutely cares about me as a person and my partner. His ultimate goal is to help me achieve my own dreams of being a mother one day. as a patient he's very thorough he covers everything and a Justice and makes decisions based on my own independent needs. at other centers at times I feel that I was just a number being pushed through with here I am a name I am myself and I feel that I get to have my journey as an independent Journey not as just a client number. Dr. Craig is caring and charismatic I know that deep down he cares about my well being and supports My Success Through this journey
bring a tape recorder so you can remember everything he covers he is an expert and so intelligent there's a lot of good information that you don't want to miss
I first did IVF at a different doctors office troche Fertility Center unfortunately for me that did not end up being a success I really didn't know what was going on and the staff didn't seem to know much either I switch to dr. Craig because I had heard amazing things with him and his success rates were high it felt so good to be cared for and comforted. dr. Craig's office is one of a kind I'm explained everything and the process that we are going through he gives me hope again that one day I might be able to have a child. I've spent seven years caring for everybody else's children as a teacher he gave me hope that one day I could care for my own. Dr. Craig makes me feel important he makes me feel like I can achieve the dream of being a mother. I am in the process of my second IUI and hoping for the best even though the chances are very low the doctors and the nurses there make me feel empowered.
For my first IUI I was on Metformin and then a trigger shot for my second IUI I was on fermera and the orvidel trigger. We took me off metformin because that didn't seem to be working. I had already had a failed IVF and it was found from dr. Craig I could have been over stimulated so we backed off at some of them. My partner on the second IUI was put on Clomid the first round he was natural. And every appointment dr. Craig has a plan written out ABCD. Unfortunately I can only go off what I can afford. But he has adjusted my protocol based on my financial needs
I absolutely love the nursing stuff here every time I come in defeated they always cheer me up and they told me that it can be done even with low numbers they believe that I can have a success they told me never to give up. The nurses make me feel as if I can do anything like I am some sort of superhero.
Describe your experience with Fertility Treatment Center.
the strength is the way that they communicate and have compassion towards me as a human being one of the weaknesses I guess would be is just keeping up with me on the. The staff is always available for me to talk to. They help me understand and they make me feel as if I am part of their family.
The billing center is fabulous they make things light and fun considering how much money you were going to pay. There has been no secret cost for me and everything has been very straightforward
At the other Fertility Center I did IVF transferring to Fresh 3 days. at this time with dr. Craig I have only been able to afford IUI even though I believe IVF would be my only success with DOR

2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
I liked how much knowledge he [Dr. Craig] has. He is upfront about your options. He walked you through all your choices and I have full confidence on what he tells me. During the procedure itself he talks you through what he is doing and answered questions.... I chose to use donor embryos. He offered me the chance to do other treatment but with my diagnosis I want the best chance at having a baby. They had a selection for me to choose the donor embryo.
The doctors office is right next door to the surgery center which was very convenient. They [Fertility Treatment Center] have a selection of donor embryos and I did not have to wait. It was a nice modern office. I never felt like I was just a number. I felt that I received personalized attention.... It is a package for the donor embryo. It was $9500 and that included everything except meds
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center?
I liked how much knowledge he has. He is upfront about your options. He walked you through all your choices and I have full confidence on what he tells me. During the procedure itself he talks you through what he is doing and answered questions. I could not have asked for better trearment.
He is very informative but fast paced.
The staff is amazing. Everyone is so positive and helpful. They remember you from visit to visit.
I chose to use donor embryos. He offered me the chance to do other treatment but with my diagnosis I want the best chance at having a baby. They had a selection for me to choose the donor embryo. I was put on a regime of creams, pills and injections to prepare. I just had the transfer which was painless and am waiting for the results. They evens gave me the name of someone for acupuncture the day of the transfer who came to the office making it much less stressful.
I always felt she was available. She responded so quickly to all my emails. I felt that I had such personal care. The nurses were so friendly and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Fertility Treatment Center.
The doctors office is right next door to the surgery center which was very convenient. They have a selection of donor embryos and I did not have to wait. It was a nice modern office. I never felt like I was just a number. I felt that I received personalized attention.
It is a package for the donor embryo. It was $9500 and that included everything except meds. There were no surprise changes. If you need another round of donor embryo it is a lower cost.
He discussed the risks, gave me the chance of twins and triplets and it was my choice. I could choose right up to when the transfer happened.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr Craig is very kind but very direct. He talks fast, but will go over everything as many times as needed. He presents every single option and let’s you be in charge of your treatment while giving you sound advice. He is a no nonsense type of guy which I like about him. He is all about results!!... You’re going to feel relieved after your appointment because he will present many different treatment options to achieve pregnancy.
Dr Craig and his staff [at Fertility Treatment Center] are incredible. They are so quick to answer the phone and help with any questions. They also work quickly. When one cycle didn’t work, they did everything they could to jumpstart the next. They were also very understanding that this was an emotional process and were there every step of the way... Strengths: flexible hours, great staff, and I love their office. All treatments and appts are quick with little waiting time which is great. Weaknesses: their online portal isn’t working which is makes it difficult to get results fast. You have to wait to call. You have to call to make payments as well.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center?
Dr Craig and his staff are incredible. They are so quick to answer the phone and help with any questions. They also work quickly. When one cycle didn’t work, they did everything they could to jumpstart the next. They were also very understanding that this was an emotional process and were there every step of the way
I had a positive experience on fermara prior to meeting him so we started with that combined with IUI. He started me on a cycle while doing extra tests like blood work and HSG so that i could continue to try while we were evaluating any further roadblocks. I appreciated that because i didn’t have to wait for treatment.
So so kind and compassionate. They know my name and everything about me just after a few visits. I love them!!
IUI was $575 and ultrasounds were about $200
Tempe

He [Dr. Craig] is quite literally a genius. Being that smart sometimes makes for a dull personality or hard to make emotional connections. However in his own way he was able to still connect with us. Show empathy when we were discouraged and also make us smile when we felt we were losing hope.... We had 2 ivf cycles both were cancelled since we couldn't get a follicle to develop to the right size. I did however create my own follicle in between cycles which we decided to do an egg retrieval but it resulted in no egg.
The clinic [Fertility Treatment Center] is clean and neat. The mens area to collect samples was private and discreet. This made my husband feel more comfortable. The rooms were decorated pleasantly so you felt more at ease. They also show movies in the waiting area so you can relax. Overall the facility is very top notch. He also uses an out patient facility right next door that he owns for all surgical procedures.
How was your experience with Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center?
He is quite literally a genius. Being that smart sometimes makes for a dull personality or hard to make emotional connections. However in his own way he was able to still connect with us. Show empathy when we were discouraged and also make us smile when we felt we were losing hope.
He wants to succeed. He will try everything to get you pregnant hopefully you can financially do it.
His team was like family. They treated my husband and I with respect and kindness. They were direct when it was necessary.
So kind and thorough. They were patient with us.
Describe your experience with Fertility Treatment Center.
The clinic is clean and neat. The mens area to collect samples was private and discreet. This made my husband feel more comfortable. The rooms were decorated pleasantly so you felt more at ease. They also show movies in the waiting area so you can relax. Overall the facility is very top notch. He also uses an out patient facility right next door that he owns for all surgical procedures. This is also a very well organized place for all types of patient procedures. I honestly have nothing bad to say about his office.
I have limited insurance coverage for the procedures we were doing. So in the ballpark of 10000 but our next procedure is not covered by ins so its 10000 on its own
He gives his medical opinion but does let you make the decision
Tempe

Dr Craig is very big on statistics and calculations...He is mostly hands off on the IUI process...Unfortunately when my pregnancy resulted in a missed miscarriage and I needed a D&C I was referred out to another clinic and the entire experienc was horrible. I felt that I was abandoned in my time of greatest need...he is big on numbers. Your specific experience may be different but it feels like he paints the same picture. He became very busy during my treatment period at the clinic and stopped doing any procedures such as endometrial biopsies or D & C’s.
I was started on Metformin right away for my elevated insulin level [at Fertility Treatment Center]. I had no other PCOS symptoms but it sounds like Metformin is part of [Dr. Randall Craig's] protocol. I was prescribed femara oral meds for my cycles. I produced 2 follicles each cycle. I wasn’t required to come in for a baseline ultrasound, only a day 10 ultrasound which saved a lot of time and travel. I was worried about missing my ovulation which happened at my previous clinic so they did labs and an extra ultrasound if needed. I became pregnant on my second IUI cycle with them.
How was your experience with Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center?
Again he is big on numbers. Your specific experience may be different but it feels like he paints the same picture. He became very busy during my treatment period at the clinic and stopped doing any procedures such as endometrial biopsies or D & C’s. That was not my expectation given that the friend who referred me had a D&C with Dr Craig less than 6 months before I needed one. Unfortunately when my pregnancy resulted in a missed miscarriage and I needed a D&C I was referred out to another clinic and the entire experienc was horrible. I felt that I was abandoned in my time of greatest need.
If you like statistics and bedside manner doesn’t matter to you he could be your guy. I don’t have experience with the IVF side of things and it could be different there. I have a friend who did IVF with him and quickly moved to another clinic when protocols weren’t changed.
Dr Craig is very big on statistics and calculations. He gives the same spiel to all patients. He is mostly hands off on the IUI process.
I was started on Metformin right away for my elevated insulin level. I had no other PCOS symptoms but it sounds like Metformin is part of his protocol. I was prescribed femara oral meds for my cycles. I produced 2 follicles each cycle. I wasn’t required to come in for a baseline ultrasound, only a day 10 ultrasound which saved a lot of time and travel. I was worried about missing my ovulation which happened at my previous clinic so they did labs and an extra ultrasound if needed. I became pregnant on my second IUI cycle with them.
Shannon the NP was very caring and helpful when I had my missed miscarriage. I needed a D&C and since Dr Craig had recently decided not to do them anymore I was referred to another clinic. That physician was out of town and I was in a panic. I wanted it done ASAP for my mental well being. She called and was able to get me in to see them that day. I wish I didn’t have to go elsewhere for the procedure as I had to go for a new patient appt and then back again for the procedure. Shannon was very helpful in that aspect. She was also great about calling me right away with results and explaining the rationale behind decisions.
Describe your experience with Fertility Treatment Center.
The waiting room was large and clean. There was a great kids area off to the side. The appts always ran on time. It was a beautiful and efficient office. His ultrasound machines are state of the art and can pick up things missed at other clinics. The staff was always pleasant and helpful.
The office worked with my insurance so ultrasounds, procedures, and labs were covered. The out of pocket for the IUI was around $700. I appreciated that they were able to get most things covered by insurance even though insurance didn’t cover infertility.
Tempe

Dr. Craig is very knowledgeable and friendly, and right off the bat is welcoming and caring. His wife had to go through fertility treatments as well, so right off the bat you feel like he understands you and where you’re coming from.... We were given all our options and different courses of treatment and went with his recommendation of an HSG and a medicated IUI. At that point we didn’t even know what questions to ask, so we just clarified the plan for our first IUI and went from there.
Every person I ever talked to or dealt with was caring, nurturing, and understanding. From the second I called [Fertility Treatment Center] to make my initial appointment, I felt welcomed and “at home” in a sense.... They were very aware that we were not only out of pocket, but also paying for travel expenses. They fought tooth and nail to get our crappy insurance to cover some diagnostic things they should have, yet had refused (and won!).
How was your experience with Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center?
Dr. Craig is very knowledgeable and friendly, and right off the bat is welcoming and caring. His wife had to go through fertility treatments as well, so right off the bat you feel like he understands you and where you’re coming from. We learned a lot at the initial consultation, and were given a diagnosis of a hormonal imbalance issue causing an ovulatory disorder, and a not so great semen analysis (this was fixed immensely and MFI is not a diagnosis of ours anymore). We were given all our options and different courses of treatment and went with his recommendation of an HSG and a medicated IUI. At that point we didn’t even know what questions to ask, so we just clarified the plan for our first IUI and went from there. When I saw him for upcoming consultation appointments and procedures, he was again very welcoming and caring. You can just tell by how he provides you with the necessary information that he knows what he’s talking about and doing. I always trust what he tells me. My husband and I live 2.5 hours away (no RE by us), AND are completely out of pocket, and he was always very sensitive to those factors and always scheduled everything around what worked best for us, including offering phone consultations after failed cycles.
Don’t let the sometimes large amount of information you’re getting overwhelm you. It might seem like it is going by fast, but it’s just because you’re probably learning A LOT. Make sure you ask as many questions as you want throughout your whole consultation (and really anytime after too) - there are no stupid questions - because he and the nurses are happy to answer anything at all. You must advocate for yourself!
Every person I ever talked to or dealt with was caring, nurturing, and understanding. From the second I called to make my initial appointment, I felt welcomed and “at home” in a sense. I never once called to tell them about a negative pregnancy test result to have them be harsh or uncaring, and instead felt like I was calling a friend or sister. It really feels like they want you to be a mom just as badly as you want to be one. Even though I may not have gotten the “results I wanted” (a positive test/pregnancy) out of the treatment I did, I will always go to their office (and am going again soon).
The first cycle we did 5mg letrozole on cycle days 3-7, did a hysterosalpingogram, or HSG, on cycle day 10 - all was cleared out - and an ultrasound on CD10 as well to check follicles. Trigger wound up being that night since I had 2 mature follicles, 10,000iu of Pregnyl, with IUI 36 hours later. Did progesterone cream vaginally starting 2 days after IUI, which I had a bad reaction to, so I took oral progesterone from there on out. IUIs 2-3 were the same medication and ultrasound protocol (without HSG of course), and the 4th IUI we did the same again but added in 75iu of Follistim on cycle days 4, 6, and 8. Medicated cycles were the letrozole and progesterone only, with timed intercourse throughout fertile week. His rationale for the protocol was just to get me to at least produce a mature egg for possible fertilization, since that was my issue, along with progesterone support since my previous labs showed low levels (probably because of my poor ovulation, but better safe than sorry).
Like sisters or friends!! Like I said before, all of Dr. Craig’s staff is absolutely incredible, right down to the front desk. Every nurse or assistant (or anyone) I ever come across makes me feel so at home and welcome, like they are there to help us and really want to help us achieve our dream of being parents. They are there for you 100% and will answer any question or heed any concern you might have. They are so compassionate and really know what a delicate environment they work in. They are organized and prompt - I don’t remember ever waiting beyond my appointment time - and provide you with all the necessary information and encouragement you need to accomplish the tasks ahead of you (like giving yourself a shot for the first time!).
Describe your experience with Fertility Treatment Center.
Their strengths are promptness, compassion, and downright knowledge and experience on the subject. They know what they’re doing. You aren’t going to get the runaround here - they know you want to be pregnant and as soon as possible - so they get right down to business. They are frank without being rude and somehow still being comforting? It’s kind of a phenomenon to me. I have yet to find any weaknesses, even with them being one of the busiest clinics in the state. They pretty much just rock it.
They were very aware that we were not only out of pocket, but also paying for travel expenses. They fought tooth and nail to get our crappy insurance to cover some diagnostic things they should have, yet had refused (and won!). We had to pay for the HSG, had partial coverage on some ultrasounds and some medications, which may or may not have been covered by someone else’s insurance, so I don’t feel the need to include those totals. Each IUI was $575, but I recently found out that they will give you a credit for your (OOP) IVF with them for each failed IUI done in their office, up to 4 IUIs. Jaw dropping, in my opinion.
We have not done IVF with Dr. Craig yet, and I do not know his transfer protocol.

PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr. Craig can talk fast and sometimes be confusing. But whenever we have questions he would re explain. I never felt out of control with my treatments. I always felt that he made the best recommendations. He allowed for lower level treatment that was a fit for us. It wasn't an immediate push for IVF...Our insurance doesn't cover treatments. He gave us our chances for success for various treatments We did IUI and timed intercourse, because it fit our budget after four failed rounds we took a year of and now are in the process of doing IVF.
Everything [at Fertility Treatment Center] is in house. All labs, ultrasounds, and procedures. They even have their own surgery center....We had one on one's with Dr. Craig and his staff is the most caring individuals. Never have I had to remind them of who I am or what my issues were. They are always are on top of where you are at in your cycle...We get these calendars all printed to keep us organized at home. She [nurse] is very realistic of drug side effects and telling us what to be prepared for. Scheduling is a breeze with her.
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center?
If you're not sure, ask. Don't be afraid to say you don't understand.
She's amazing. We get these calendars all printed to keep us organized at home. She is very realistic of drug side effects and telling us what to be prepared for. Scheduling is a breeze with her.
Describe your experience with Fertility Treatment Center.
Everything is in house. All labs, ultrasounds, and procedures. They even have their own surgery center. It's wonderful to just go to one place for everything.
Iui was 750 Ivf 13,500, but since we had done lower level treatment that didn't work we received a $500 credit per failed procedure towards IVF so ours was $12,500
I have a small uterus due to the left side never developing. I feel the Dr. Craig is very aware that the most we can carry is twins so he is suggesting only one embryo to keep everyone safe. Which I agree with.
Tempe

He [Dr. Randall Craig] laid the plans out for me and he allowed me to do all prior testing at my clinic in Ohio... He gave me my options for both a single and double embryo transfer. There was a high risk of getting pregnant with twins so he went over all the risks of that as well...I did most of my treatment with Dr. Craig over the phone because I lived across the country. I went to Dr. Craig because I was donated embryos from his clinic. Dr. Craig spent a great deal of time with me on the phone for my consultation and went over all options for me, including doing another IVF cycle.
Everyone [at Fertility Treatment Center] was so friendly and seemed happy to see me/talk to me on the phone. They gave me hugs and smiled...My nurse, Jennifer, was always on the ball. I had her email address and I could shoot her questions any time. She was always prompt to answer...was so friendly. When I achieved pregnancy and was released from their care I was sad to not be in communication with her regularly.
How was your experience with Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center?
I did most of my treatment with Dr. Craig over the phone because I lived across the country. I went to Dr. Craig because I was donated embryos from his clinic. Dr. Craig spent a great deal of time with me on the phone for my consultation and went over all options for me, including doing another IVF cycle. He started from the beginning even though I had plans of my own to ensure I knew everything I needed to know. He laid the plans out for me and he allowed me to do all prior testing at my clinic in Ohio. I flew to AZ for my embryo transfer and that was the only time I met him in person. He gave me my options for both a single and double embryo transfer. There was a high risk of getting pregnant with twins so he went over all the risks of that as well.
Everyone was so friendly and seemed happy to see me/talk to me on the phone. They gave me hugs and smiled.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Treatment Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer M.)
My nurse, Jennifer, was always on the ball. I had her email address and I could shoot her questions any time. She was always prompt to answer. When I finally got to meet her in person she gave me a big hug and was so friendly. When I achieved pregnancy and was released from their care I was sad to not be in communication with her regularly.
Describe your experience with Fertility Treatment Center.
I was only there for the transfer and mostly contacted the nurse directly. I don't believe I can accurately evaluate the clinic. The waiting area was nice, however. It seemed to be a good location but I'm not familiar with the Phoenix area.
I think it was around $4000 for the meds, testing, and embryo transfer.
Tempe

Dr Craig was very nice and maybe a little awkward. He is clearly a very smart man and so he maybe isn't the best at explaining everything. We did feel listened to and had plenty of opportunity to answer questions. He also answered a middle of the night call when we were concerned about a symptom... I was put on daily doses of Femara (a pill) since the side effects tend to be less than with Clomid. We then did two unsuccessful IUI cycles (which included an injection to make me ovulate at the right time). When my two cycles resulted in negative pregnancy tests, Dr Craig suggested we try follicle stimulation injections on the next cycle to get me to produce more eggs. I didn't fully understand this reasoning since the ultrasounds we did each cycle showed I was producing a normal number of mature follicles. I would have questioned dr Craig on this reasoning, but we decided to take a break from the stress and have not done another cycle at this point.
Everything is very organized like a well oiled machine [at Fertility Treatment Center]. I was given plenty of information and materials to read if I forgot. The clinic was sometimes very difficult to get on the phone, particularly when my husband was trying to get in for a sperm sample. But overall the process was streamlined and scheduling was flexible around my schedule when it could be
How was your experience with Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center?
Make sure you come prepared with questions and do your own research. Don't just go along with what Dr Craig says, but feel free to share your ideas and concerns.
Everyone at the clinic was really nice and I did feel Dr Craig spent enough time with us to fully explain and answer our questions.
We did all the tests and nothing came up, so we were told we had "unexplained infertility." This meant we could really get pregnant at any time, but since we had been trying for two years we moved forward. I was put on daily doses of Femara (a pill) since the side effects tend to be less than with Clomid. We then did two unsuccessful IUI cycles (which included an injection to make me ovulate at the right time). When my two cycles resulted in negative pregnancy tests, Dr Craig suggested we try follicle stimulation injections on the next cycle to get me to produce more eggs. I didn't fully understand this reasoning since the ultrasounds we did each cycle showed I was producing a normal number of mature follicles. I would have questioned dr Craig on this reasoning, but we decided to take a break from the stress and have not done another cycle at this point.
The nurses were generally friendly and compassionate. Nothing really stands out but I have a positive memory of them.
Describe your experience with Fertility Treatment Center.
Everything is very organized like a well oiled machine. I was given plenty of information and materials to read if I forgot. The clinic was sometimes very difficult to get on the phone, particularly when my husband was trying to get in for a sperm sample. But overall the process was streamlined and scheduling was flexible around my schedule when it could be
Everything was covered by insurance except some prescriptions
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Treatment Center.
My prescription was sent to the wrong pharmacy, so I ended up having to pay more than I should have
Tempe

In my professional opinion (I am a doctor, but don't specialize in fertility treatments), Dr. Craig misdiagnosed me without a comprehensive work up. His treatment plan was cookie cutter and not at all based on my past medical history. He even recommended treatments that could exacerbate the bleeding/clotting disorder I have. When I asked him to talk to my hematologist he said it wasn't necessary. I was very uncomfortable and went home crying.
We had a challenge coordinating schedules with this clinic [Fertility Treatment Center]. The front desk staff was very indifferent and occasionally rude....The PA we met with was VERY good. She explained things well, listened, and really cared. Such a different experience then the doctor...When ordered tests, they did not take into account by past medical history and issues. They never got back to me about whether it was safe to proceed with treatment and other recommendations. I called several times to get this information, and still never received what I needed.
How was your experience with Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center?
To get a second opinion.
It was clear to me that he had a set speech, without variation from patient to patient. He did not acknowledge that I was a physician, did not review my personal history of having both a bleeding and clotting disorder, and did not want to have my husband worked up at all. My husband had a history of cancer and was treated with chemo in early adulthood. We were mainly investigating if we could even have kids naturally, but Dr. Craig jumped right into the hormone treatments with insemination without any work up on my husband. I was "diagnosed" with PCOS while I was in the office, but there was no blood work or imaging that substantiated this diagnosis. I have never had elevated Tesosterone or any other reasons to believe any menstrualy issues were related to anything other then the bleeding disorder I was diagnosed with. He just wanted us to start that day, sign the contract to spend $30,000+ and not really investigate if we even have infertility problems.
Describe your experience with Fertility Treatment Center.
We had a challenge coordinating schedules with this clinic. The front desk staff was very indifferent and occasionally rude.

1 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
My IVF coordinator [at Fertility Treatment Center] was responsive and knowledgeable (mostly repeated what Dr. Craig said), but seemed a bit annoyed with all my questions. The billing office is knowledgeable, but not super friendly.
1 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center?
Dr. Craig is one of those highly intelligent doctors and comes across that way. He isn't a fan of social interaction and likes to tell you up front his plan for you in a very structured way vs. having a 2-way conversation about your diagnosis, treatment and journey. He doesn't feel there is anything that can help infertility other than IUI, IVF, etc.. so he won't advocate for an organic, gluten free, etc... diet or doing acupunture- nothing about him is holistic. He doesn't have his stats on SART (as of 2015), but does have his pregnancy rates posted in a SART format in his office lobby - no live birth rates though. However, you can request these from his office manager. He also freezes on day 4. I did one IUI and one IVF with Dr. Craig. I have diminished ovarian reserve and only one egg was retrieved. The one egg fertilized, but rested on day 4 before we could freeze. While this was unfortunate and a bit unexpected, I wish Dr. Craig had suggested we do a day 3 fresh transfer if we thought the embryo wasn't progressing like it should. As they say, IVF is an expensive way of really diagnosing the issue.... The billing office is knowledgeable, but not super friendly. My IVF coordinator was responsive and knowledgeable (mostly repeated what Dr. Craig said), but seemed a bit annoyed with all my questions :) I would recommend Dr. Craig to someone local in Phoenix if they don't have any standout issues. If you need personalized treatment, then maybe go to someone better outside Arizona.
Ask lots of questions and don't feel afraid to recommend your own treatment ideas. If you feel like hes not thinking outside the box for you in particular, then find someone else. Don't settle!

2012 - 2014
Passed the blame. After all that, he [Dr Craig] wanted to push his embryo purchase program. The Dr. told us we were first in line. Nope, the nurses informed us that wasn't correct, we were well behind in line for last pickings. We were finally done of spending tens of thousands of dollars here and we left. Unsuccessful and more defeated than when we initally came.
[Fertility Treatment Center's offices] seemed very fancy and big, one of the nicest in town - I liked that, though, because it made me feel like others were choosing him, too. I liked that the surgi center was connected to the office....(most of) the nurses were kind. The Dr's assistant wasn't really touchy-feely at all, she was matter-of-fact, and the doctor was very hopeful.
2012 - 2014
How was your experience with Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center?
I was really hopeful when I went to see him-he has twins and triplets himself. He seemed very encouraging, and said our case (one-sided age) but we've had a child naturally already, was pretty common. 3 failed IUIs and 1 IVF cycle w/ 2 failed transfers - One botched transfer and no apologies for it. I'm certain the horrible transfer experience and uterine trauma was the reason why our good embryos didn't attach. Passed the blame. After all that, he wanted to push his embryo purchase program. The Dr. told us we were first in line. Nope, the nurses informed us that wasn't correct, we were well behind in line for last pickings. We were finally done of spending tens of thousands of dollars here and we left. Unsuccessful and more defeated than when we initally came.
If you both are 25, and have a by-the-book reason for infertility, that's when you should go there.
Dr. Craig used some sort of injection for cancer patients in my IVF protocal that was supposed to thicken your uterine lining. He recommended baby asprin, folic acid and Q10, but none of the extra supplements (like bee pollen) I had read about online.
Describe your experience with Fertility Treatment Center.
Seemed very fancy and big, one of the nicest in town - I liked that, though, because it made me feel like others were choosing him, too. I liked that the surgi center was connected to the office.
I think it was around $13,000 for IVF and $600 or so for IUI
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Treatment Center.
My uterus is tilted - I would think that the doctor, whom had performed all my HSTs and uterine lining scratchings, or any of his nurses would have written this down when he always has to ask for a different speculum. No. didn't seem to remember this when it's transfer time and he couldn't get the embryos into my uterus. 45 minutes of physcially manipulating my uterus and i'm in complete pain, very traumatic embryo transfer. The nurses kept telling me "This NEVER happens." It's not shocking that my good embryos didn't take. When before the procedure started, he was asking me how I felt about twins and triplets and if I didn't want them, my embryos were so good, he'd need to put one back in the freezer! No apologies for this procedure. No ownership. I was left with nothing, but all my savings dried up, and very poor embryos left.

2012
He [Dr. Randall Craig] was always .late meeting us in his office...He was friendly enough. Unknowledgeable about cost of any of the treatments. Always behind so he was late a lot. He was very clear on treatment suggestions. He made my husband uncomfortable with his demeanor (nothing specific just didn't leave him with a good feeling). He mentioned a lot about my uterus being big enough for twins...has a good reputation for success.
They [Fertility Treatment Center-Tempe] had a very nice clean and modern facility. Weaknesses: Expect to spend double the time you think there for every appointment with how long the waits are and how often they are behind. Know that the office staff is cold and jaded. If you have questions you need to ask them all when you are there or if you are lucky enough to get someone on the phone. Also the parking lot is a bit annoying to get in to. You can't turn in off the main street you have to turn up and flip around. The pharmacy that was next door to get prescriptions closed.
2012
How was your experience with Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center?
Don't expect a lot of one on one time with him.
He was always .late meeting us in his office. His waiting room was always crowded. His staff was difficult to get ahold of and no one showed much compassion through the process. Just shuffled us from one step to the next.
The woman came in to do the IUI and basically told us it was destined to fail and then injected me and left. It was so jarring. When I went in for the blood drawn for the pregnancy test they couldn't find a vein so they made me go buy a urine pregnancy test and take one and call them with the results. It was practically impossible to get a nurse on the phone during the cycle when I had questions. You had to leave a message and you were lucky if they called back.
Describe your experience with Fertility Treatment Center.
Strengths: according to SART.org they have good success rates. Dr. Craig has a good reputation for success. They had a very nice clean and modern facility. Weaknesses: Expect to spend double the time you think there for every appointment with how long the waits are and how often they are behind. Know that the office staff is cold and jaded. If you have questions you need to ask them all when you are there or if you are lucky enough to get someone on the phone. Also the parking lot is a bit annoying to get in to. You can't turn in off the main street you have to turn up and flip around. The pharmacy that was next door to get prescriptions closed.
The IUI all in was about 1300 after insurance plus medications.
Tempe

Dr Craig is a very knowledgeable physician. He is very thorough with his consultations. He performed one of our IUIs and explained everything he was doing. He does talk very fast, which can be hard to follow. However, he is very open to questions if you don’t understand. I referred one of my good friends to them and she is now pregnant via IUI.... Both Dr Craig and the clinical staff were very attentive. They were always pleasant and compassionate even though sometimes bad news was being delivered
They [Fertility Treatment Center] are pretty fast to get you in to an initial appointment. They are pretty fast getting you your results. There has been some wait time with occasional appointment but have had some that we were called in right away.... Kristina is a PA and she has been one we have worked with a lot. We had some hiccups when first starting our treatments and she was so kind and compassionate. She is so attentive to call back and answer all your questions
European, Other
How was your experience with Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center?
Don’t be overwhelmed with all of the information and make sure you ask questions if you don’t understand.
Both Dr Craig and the clinical staff were very attentive. They were always pleasant and compassionate even though sometimes bad news was being delivered.
On our first IUI we used metformin (my insulin was a little up so he wanted to make sure it wasn’t and issue) femara (help trigger ovulation), and trigger HSG shot. On second IUI he added ovidrel to help stimulate egg growth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Treatment Center. (Assigned nurse: Kristina)
Kristina is a PA and she has been one we have worked with a lot. We had some hiccups when first starting our treatments and she was so kind and compassionate. She is so attentive to call back and answer all your questions.
Describe your experience with Fertility Treatment Center.
They are pretty fast to get you in to an initial appointment. They are pretty fast getting you your results. There has been some wait time with occasional appointment but have had some that we were called in right away.
Always a sticker shock when paying but have only had IUI twice. They have tried to bill so insurance covers what it can. Once going to IVF treatments insurance does not cover anything.
Tempe

You may not see Dr. Craig each visit but Kristina and Susan are wonderful to work with...Dr. Craig explained everything very precise and accurately. We achieved exactly what he anticipated with his percentages and delivered a healthy baby boy!...He and is staff are very nice and take a lot of time to explain things to my husband and I...Dr. Craig and his staff answered anything we asked and we had a lot of questions.
Kristina and Susan [at Fertility Treatment Center] are wonderful to work with. My coordinator Jennifer was very compassionate, knowing what we were going through. I'm thrilled with everything...very organized. They have billing staff, scheduling, nurses, and lab staff that all communicate well. They took all my phone calls which is such a relief - my husband and I hate voicemail and auto phone systems.
How was your experience with Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center?
Dr. Craig explained everything very precise and accurately. We achieved exactly what he anticipated with his percentages and delivered a healthy baby boy! His staff is awesome. You may not see Dr. Craig each visit but Kristina and Susan are wonderful to work with. My coordinator Jennifer was very compassionate, knowing what we were going through. I'm thrilled with everything.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Craig and his staff answered anything we asked and we had a lot of questions.
Frozen Embryo Transfer with Day 4 embryo and an egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Treatment Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer M)
Jennifer was there for all my visits and explained all my meds. Everyone was caring and kind. I was spoiled getting so many ultrasounds after pregnancy test and before I went to my OB
Describe your experience with Fertility Treatment Center.
Lots of people that seem very organized. They have billing staff, scheduling, nurses, and lab staff that all communicate well. They took all my phone calls which is such a relief - my husband and I hate voicemail and auto phone systems.
My insurance covered some of it and we paid around $7,500
The quality of my eggs were poor and he transferred two. He and Dr. Tao explained the reasons for more than one embryo.
Tempe

Dr. Craig is one of the most intelligent physicians that I have ever met. He knows fertility inside and out, and has over 25 years of experience, showing that he most definitely knows what he is doing. I wish I would have started at his clinic as he was so diligent and made sure that I felt taken care of...He is not a hugs and kisses type of physician, but he knows and gets the job done. So trust him and you are in great hands...Dr. Craig and his staff are so detail oriented and care very much for each and every one of their patients.
Dr. Craig and his staff are so detail oriented and care very much for each and every one of their patients. They knew who I was every time I walked into the office and have been the only office to honestly show that they care and want me to achieve my dream in becoming pregnant...The nurses are so amazing! I can't show them enough love for all their help and knowledge...The biggest strength any office can have, is compassion for your patients. And this office has that and so much more. Their knowledge is beyond compare, and quite frankly, they make you feel like part of the family.
How was your experience with Randall Craig at Fertility Treatment Center?
Dr. Craig is one of the most intelligent physicians that I have ever met. He knows fertility inside and out, and has over 25 years of experience, showing that he most definitely knows what he is doing. I wish I would have started at his clinic as he was so diligent and made sure that I felt taken care of and I could tell he truly did want to help me in getting my little miracle.
Dr. Craig and his staff are so detail oriented and care very much for each and every one of their patients. They knew who I was every time I walked into the office and have been the only office to honestly show that they care and want me to achieve my dream in becoming pregnant. Even after I left the office, they continued to keep in touch! Such a wonderful group of people.
The nurses are so amazing! I can't show them enough love for all their help and knowledge. They are where you find the love and compassion and hugs for every one of your cycles. I can't say enough great things about them. Best nursing staff I've ever come into contact with.
Describe your experience with Fertility Treatment Center.
The biggest strength any office can have, is compassion for your patients. And this office has that and so much more. Their knowledge is beyond compare, and quite frankly, they make you feel like part of the family. Again, i can't thank this office enough, i wish I would have started with them