Medical SchoolBaylor
Sugar Land
7616 Branford Place
Sugar Land, TX 77479
713-512-7900
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Randall Dunn to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Houston Fertility Specialists to a friend?
Dr. Dunn has been compassionate and caring throughout our process. When we came to a crossroads in our treatment plan, he encouraged us to seek a second opinion. He speaks candidly yet gently, and I genuinely feel he has our best interests at heart...He is able to step away from his "doctor mode" when needed, and give us genuine, heartfelt advice. I feel extremely comfortable with Dr. Dunn, and I trust him with the most important thing of all - my family...
How was your experience with Randall Dunn at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Dunn has been open and honest with us, but I sometimes feels he chooses his words with the intention of being as gentle as possible. For me, the eternal realist, this is not an issue, but I can see how some patients could be given false hope. Outside of that, I feel he is straightforward and addresses any concerns immediately. He is able to step away from his "doctor mode" when needed, and give us genuine, heartfelt advice. I feel extremely comfortable with Dr. Dunn, and I trust him with the most important thing of all - my family.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randall Dunn at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Bring all of your questions - Dr. Dunn will take the time to answer each one carefully.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randall Dunn at Houston Fertility Specialists?
While I was not assigned a primary nurse, I came to know most of the nurses that I would interact with. Typically, one of two nurses would be the ones calling me with U/S and bloodwork results, and I met them on my visits to the Fannin office (I used the Sugar Land satellite office for most of my monitoring appointments). The nurses were always compassionate and kind with any news they were delivering, and I never had any communication issues via the portal, phone, or in person.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is efficient, generally runs on time, and communicates well. For IVF cycles, I was disappointed that the lab doesn't provide daily (or every other day) updates on the embryo progression like I had seen with other clinics.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randall Dunn at Houston Fertility Specialists.
My IVF cycles were covered in large part by my insurance, but I found that the way the appointments and procedures were billed seemed to keep costs down under what even the financial counselor estimated. Each cycle cost in total under $2000 - again, that was with great insurance coverage.
Describe Randall Dunn's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Specialists.
Dr. Dunn explained to us the probability of pregnancy with each scenario including fresh transfers, frozen transfers, and PGS tested embryo transfers. Because we chose to go with PGS, he encouraged us to transfer one at a time. I do not believe Dr. Dunn was opposed to multiple embryo transfers, but he did not feel it was the right choice for our situation.
2013 - 2017
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Dunn] immediately diagnosed me with PCOS, based on my lab results and medical history, and he set forth a plan of care. He always made me feel that, no matter the outcome of the next step, that he was on my side and determined to help.... After the surgery, I did two rounds of femara. The first round was the first time I ever ovulated. I did a trigger shot (ovidrel), but the cycle was not successful. I was pregnant on the second cycle.
2013 - 2017
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Randall Dunn at Houston Fertility Specialists?
I saw another R.E. prior to seeing Dr. Dunn. I didn't realize that I wasn't receiving proper care until my very first visit with him. He immediately diagnosed me with PCOS, based on my lab results and medical history, and he set forth a plan of care. He always made me feel that, no matter the outcome of the next step, that he was on my side and determined to help.
Don't be afraid to ask questions about everything: the process, the next step, what you should expect, ... just ask!
Dr Dunn and his staff were very attentive to my needs as a patient. I ask a lot of questions, and they were always understanding.
Describe the protocols Randall Dunn used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
When I was trying to get pregnant with my first child (who is now an amazing almost 3 year old), Dr Dunn diagnosed me with PCOS and hypothyroidism. Since starting ovulation at home testing, I had never once ovulated - and he said that was due to the PCOS and thyriod issues. I started oral medication for those two and was told I needed to be on them for 12 weeks prior to let my body adjust. In that time, he did a test to check my uterus and found that I had fibroids. We scheduled my surgery, but he allowed me to take two rounds of clomid in the mean time - I never grew follicles large enough to ovulate on either cycle. After the surgery, I did two rounds of femara. The first round was the first time I ever ovulated. I did a trigger shot (ovidrel), but the cycle was not successful. I was pregnant on the second cycle. The second time I started seeing Dr. Dunn, we did the same protocol. I got pregnant on the second cycle again.
Although the nurses there are very nice, it is always hard to get in touch with them. I wish the response time were quicker.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
The staff is very friendly, and the offices are always clean. They did some reorganization of the rooms between my first and second times, and it just all seems like a series of small rooms and waiting rooms - which is something small to complain about.
I am fortunate to have insurance coverage, so I'm not completely sure about the total costs. However, the costs were cheaper that the first clinic I went to - the IUI procedure was several hundred cheaper.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Dunn was great upon first meeting. I had several complications and as time went on his visits were more about taking notes and less about options. He wanted me to use donor eggs before trying with my own eggs. I had egg retrieval and wanted to try again and he was against trying again with my own eggs....He was always abrupt when speaking one on one. He was watching his computer and had very little eye contact. He never gave me a good explanation for my egg retrieval not working out.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Randall Dunn at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Make sure you are under the age of 38 and trying to conceive. He told me he wished I would have came to see him when I was 38 or younger. I think he has had more success with that age group versus the 40 and older club
All the nurses were compassionate and devasted when things did not work in my favor. I really love all the nursing staff
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
Great staff from front desk to nurses. I would have the nurses get back to the patients in a more timely manner. I would have the nurses answer the telephone instead of leaving a message and waiting for them to return the phone call
IVF costs were the cheapest in the city. I really liked this about the clinic. All of the other clinics are charging $2000 or more for the same treatments
What specific things went wrong at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Houston
He’s very smart and explains everything thoroughly. He’s great with my husband and listens with no judgement. I felt Like he [Dr. Dunn] was honest without being mean or rude. He seems compassionate and caring. He would take the tome to get to know us and I never felt Like we had less than his full attention while I was his patient.... We did iui with clomid bc my husband has retrograde ejaculation.... Everyone was friendly and empathetic
How was your experience with Randall Dunn at Houston Fertility Specialists?
He’s very smart and explains everything thoroughly. He’s great with my husband and listens with no judgement. I felt Like he was honest without being mean or rude. He seems compassionate and caring. He would take the tome to get to know us and I never felt Like we had less than his full attention while I was his patient.
Do lots of research so you can ask all the questions you want. Make lists of things you want to know.
Everyone was friendly and empathetic
We did iui with clomid bc my husband has retrograde ejaculation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Specialists.
Compassionate and responsive
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
I had Trouble ever speaking to a person via phone. They almost never answer the phone You have to leave a vm or send an email and get a call back. That was very frustrating. Once they responded however they were very thorough and friendly. It’s just the initial frustration of never being able to get in touch with someone on the first try. It’s important if you know your cycles to keep great records or use an app to track for a bit before you visit. Cycle days are super important information to share with the clinic
40 for iui with insurance. All meds were self pay
2008 - 2012
He is an awesome Dr. he [Dr. Randall Dunn] was so knowledgeable and very compassionate. He has a great bedside manor: He was very thorough in reviewing the information and test results with us. He performed all of my procedures and was actively involved in my journey....The whole process was very personal. Everyone in the clinic knew my name. Dr Dunn spent a lot of time with us
2008 - 2012
How was your experience with Randall Dunn at Houston Fertility Specialists?
He is an awesome Dr. he was so knowledgeable and very compassionate. He has a great bedside manor: He was very thorough in reviewing the information and test results with us. He performed all of my procedures and was actively involved in my journey.
Dr Dunn understands infertility is a sensitive subject with patients and treats them with compassion..
The whole process was very personal. Everyone in the clinic knew my name. Dr Dunn spent a lot of time with us.
The only thing I remember is that he wanted to test for endometriosis first before starting fertility treatments
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
2 locations in sugarland and Houston which was convenient for my work schedule. Their facilities were clean and comfortable. They had early morning and lunch hours for blood work and other check ins
My insurance covered most of the cost of treatment and medicine.
Dr Dunn was conservative in his approach to embryo transfer. He recommended fewer embryos for the transfer but also discussed this with us and let us make the final decision.