Nurse available by email
Sugar Land
7616 Branford Place
Sugar Land, TX 77479
713-512-7900
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Randall Dunn to a friend?

5.6

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Houston Fertility Specialists to a friend?
We saw him [Dr. Randall Dunn] 2 times.. first time for our initial meeting to start ivf and then on the day he discussss our results with us. He was never present for one ultrasound and not even for my retrieval, he never called to tell us our results. I felt like all we did under his care was write a check and see his nursing staff..... He did a bloodwork panel, no ultrasound to check to make sure all looked good. He put me On menupor and gonal.... he also suggested my eggs be frozen until my husband could do his tese, I didn’t like this idea and questioned it several times after much of my own research but he always assured us it would be fine. We got 11 eggs, 6 fertilized and none made it past blast day3.
How was your experience with Randall Dunn at Houston Fertility Specialists?
He was nice at our Initial consultation and seemed to really care and seem to think our situation was easy but we never once saw him or discussed my care or how things were going along the way. He was always gone for the office or too busy to call... he would not give out his email either, which could have solved a lot of our issues with communication.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randall Dunn at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Be prepared to feel like just another number walking through the door.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randall Dunn at Houston Fertility Specialists?
We saw him 2 times.. first time for our initial meeting to start ivf and then on the day he discussss our results with us. He was never present for one ultrasound and not even for my retrieval, he never called to tell us our results. I felt like all we did under his care was write a check and see his nursing staff.
Describe the protocols Randall Dunn used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
Terrible experience and moody.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
Front desk staff is friendly... nursing staff is not friendly or warm, your just another number when you walk in...I always felt like they were in a hurry to get to next patient. The ultrasound lady would never show me my follicles and told me not to ask there’s even a sign... how ridiculous is that? You give your blood down the hall and there’s always a wait, you have to take a number... feels like a cattle call.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randall Dunn at Houston Fertility Specialists.
Around 13k
Describe Randall Dunn's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Specialists.
None
Houston

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Randall Dunn at Houston Fertility Specialists.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
If Dr. Dunn hadn't covered certain parts initially, he would always answer the questions I had and provide feedback. He was honest as to which fertility treatment he recommended based on my age and egg quality, IVF, but still understanding and supportive in the treatment we selected to start with due to cost, IUI. ... Dr. Dunn is very knowledgeable and takes the time to answer all of your questions.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Randall Dunn at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Dunn is very knowledgeable and takes the time to answer all of your questions. I learned with fertility treatment, it's very important to do your own research, follow blogs even, to hear questions/experiences from other women. I would always have additional questions after doing this. If Dr. Dunn hadn't covered certain parts initially, he would always answer the questions I had and provide feedback. He was honest as to which fertility treatment he recommended based on my age and egg quality, IVF, but still understanding and supportive in the treatment we selected to start with due to cost, IUI. We're currently in our 3rd medicated IUI cycle and praying for a positive pregnancy test.
I would recommend keeping an open list of questions/comments to discuss during your appointments. Dr. Dunn is good with making sure he answers any questions you have.
Dr. Dunn and the nursing staff take the time to answer my questions thoroughly and understand the sensitive nature of fertility treatment.
Medicated IUI Cycle: Cycle day 3-7: Letrozole 2.5mg 3 per day. This is intended to make your ovaries release more than 1 egg. Cycle day 8-11: 225 unit injections at the same time each night. This should make your eggs develop and mature Based on ultrasound and blood work, Ovidrel injection within the next 48 hours. This should make you ovulate within the next 36 hours so you know when to have timed intercourse, or schedule your IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Gloria, Kris, Pat)
The nursing staff is amazing, compassionate, and always followed up quickly.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
The multiple locations of the clinic provide good options based on your location. It's easy to get into, and I never waited more than 10 minutes for an apt. They answered my billing questions and provided options that work best for my schedule.
The medication was partially covered by my insurance, and was around $350 per treatment. The IUI treatment was not covered by my insurance and around $700 per treatment.
Houston

Dr. Dunn has been compassionate and caring throughout our process. When we came to a crossroads in our treatment plan, he encouraged us to seek a second opinion. He speaks candidly yet gently, and I genuinely feel he has our best interests at heart...He is able to step away from his "doctor mode" when needed, and give us genuine, heartfelt advice. I feel extremely comfortable with Dr. Dunn, and I trust him with the most important thing of all - my family...
How was your experience with Randall Dunn at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Dunn has been open and honest with us, but I sometimes feels he chooses his words with the intention of being as gentle as possible. For me, the eternal realist, this is not an issue, but I can see how some patients could be given false hope. Outside of that, I feel he is straightforward and addresses any concerns immediately. He is able to step away from his "doctor mode" when needed, and give us genuine, heartfelt advice. I feel extremely comfortable with Dr. Dunn, and I trust him with the most important thing of all - my family.
Bring all of your questions - Dr. Dunn will take the time to answer each one carefully.
While I was not assigned a primary nurse, I came to know most of the nurses that I would interact with. Typically, one of two nurses would be the ones calling me with U/S and bloodwork results, and I met them on my visits to the Fannin office (I used the Sugar Land satellite office for most of my monitoring appointments). The nurses were always compassionate and kind with any news they were delivering, and I never had any communication issues via the portal, phone, or in person.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is efficient, generally runs on time, and communicates well. For IVF cycles, I was disappointed that the lab doesn't provide daily (or every other day) updates on the embryo progression like I had seen with other clinics.
My IVF cycles were covered in large part by my insurance, but I found that the way the appointments and procedures were billed seemed to keep costs down under what even the financial counselor estimated. Each cycle cost in total under $2000 - again, that was with great insurance coverage.
Dr. Dunn explained to us the probability of pregnancy with each scenario including fresh transfers, frozen transfers, and PGS tested embryo transfers. Because we chose to go with PGS, he encouraged us to transfer one at a time. I do not believe Dr. Dunn was opposed to multiple embryo transfers, but he did not feel it was the right choice for our situation.

2013 - 2017
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Dunn] immediately diagnosed me with PCOS, based on my lab results and medical history, and he set forth a plan of care. He always made me feel that, no matter the outcome of the next step, that he was on my side and determined to help.... After the surgery, I did two rounds of femara. The first round was the first time I ever ovulated. I did a trigger shot (ovidrel), but the cycle was not successful. I was pregnant on the second cycle.
2013 - 2017
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Randall Dunn at Houston Fertility Specialists?
I saw another R.E. prior to seeing Dr. Dunn. I didn't realize that I wasn't receiving proper care until my very first visit with him. He immediately diagnosed me with PCOS, based on my lab results and medical history, and he set forth a plan of care. He always made me feel that, no matter the outcome of the next step, that he was on my side and determined to help.
Don't be afraid to ask questions about everything: the process, the next step, what you should expect, ... just ask!
Dr Dunn and his staff were very attentive to my needs as a patient. I ask a lot of questions, and they were always understanding.
When I was trying to get pregnant with my first child (who is now an amazing almost 3 year old), Dr Dunn diagnosed me with PCOS and hypothyroidism. Since starting ovulation at home testing, I had never once ovulated - and he said that was due to the PCOS and thyriod issues. I started oral medication for those two and was told I needed to be on them for 12 weeks prior to let my body adjust. In that time, he did a test to check my uterus and found that I had fibroids. We scheduled my surgery, but he allowed me to take two rounds of clomid in the mean time - I never grew follicles large enough to ovulate on either cycle. After the surgery, I did two rounds of femara. The first round was the first time I ever ovulated. I did a trigger shot (ovidrel), but the cycle was not successful. I was pregnant on the second cycle. The second time I started seeing Dr. Dunn, we did the same protocol. I got pregnant on the second cycle again.
Although the nurses there are very nice, it is always hard to get in touch with them. I wish the response time were quicker.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
The staff is very friendly, and the offices are always clean. They did some reorganization of the rooms between my first and second times, and it just all seems like a series of small rooms and waiting rooms - which is something small to complain about.
I am fortunate to have insurance coverage, so I'm not completely sure about the total costs. However, the costs were cheaper that the first clinic I went to - the IUI procedure was several hundred cheaper.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Dunn explained that we needed to do IVF, due to stage IV for endometriosis and for PCOS. The FSH he recommended was Follistim pen. I did use the pen and followed the directions according to the nurse. I did use the pen directing from the nurse at 275 IU but the next day I was told not 275 to use 225. I was misinformed. Overall, I was able to retrieve 9 eggs, (I only have my right ovary) 5 was turned into embryos. Only, 2 transferred and as a result it was a negative cycle.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Randall Dunn at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Dunn overall was a great doctor. I felt that he described everything from the beginning of getting tested, to the hormone treatment, to the egg retrieval, to the actual IVF transfer. He could not explain why the cycle resulted zero pregnancy. I would recommend him to anyone that is need of a doctor.
If you have questions, he will answer them. Be patient.
He cared for me as patient. He was very knowledgeable and very informative. He answered all our questions all the way through. He was very honest with us.
The staff was excellent. They treated myself and my husband with compassion and wanted us to clearly help us achieve pregnancy. They were very through with everything and explained everything. The only issue that I encountered, was a phone call about the FSH amount to be given. I was told one amount on the phone and I administered the amount. The next day, I was told a different amount that I was suppose to use by the same nurse. 275 IU vs. 225 IU. Overall, I did not have any issues with the nurses.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
The clinic overall is great. The front desk is really welcoming, The financial coordinator was very through and was very helpful. She answered all my questions. As, a new patient be prepared to wait and wait. Bring a book or a tablet to keep you entertained as you wait.
IVF was close to 15,000 not including the prescription drugs.
He suggested 2 embryo transfer. He did explain the chance for twins. He selected the two best embryos that went to day 5.
Houston

I felt like a human because Dr. Dunn took his time to explain our infertility to us and remembered all details about our situation. He is very kind and intelligent....I appreciate he prefers eSET to give the best chance for one healthy baby....I specifically remember Dr. Dunn prescribed me a vitamin D supplement. I had no idea vitamin D was so important for conceiving, so that was very helpful to me....
How was your experience with Randall Dunn at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Dunn is very intelligent and has a lot of experience with infertility. He always uses his best judgment for our care and really wants the best for us. He will forever be apart of our family. I was referred to Dr. Dunn by a coworker of mine. She told me he explained her diagnosis in a simple way she could understand. I’m so glad I took her advice and went in for a consultation.
I would advise them to be prepared to take notes because he will give a lot of much needed information.
In the beginning, one of the nurses was unprofessional, but once I brought it to Dr. Dunn’s attention it was fixed.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
The staff is very welcoming and helped calm me down when I was nervous about my consultation. They let me know everything was going to be ok and answered questions I had. There was a miscommunication with the office location and they were quick to apologize and validated my parking at the hospital.
I believe the costs are around 15,000.00
I appreciate he prefers eSET to give the best chance for one healthy baby.
Houston

Dr. Dunn was very motivated and confident, he knew what we have been through and wanted it to work just as bad as we did. He explained everything very well, even though we had been experience with the process. He was/is very passionate about what he does.... Even though we had 2 unsuccessful rounds of IVF, Dr Dunn didn't give up and still has hope. If there is a will there a way..It may not be the way we thought, but it's still possible. When/if we are able to try again we will defiantly use Dr. Dunn!
How was your experience with Randall Dunn at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Even though we had 2 unsuccessful rounds of IVF, Dr Dunn didn't give up and still has hope. If there is a will there a way..It may not be the way we thought, but it's still possible. When/if we are able to try again we will defiantly use Dr. Dunn! He is very motivated and confident, he knew what we have been through and wanted it to work just as bad as we did. He explained everything very well, even though we had been experience with the process. He was/is very passionate about what he does.
knowing our history from the past egg retrievals/rounds of IVF, I wish we would have choose to freeze a handful of eggs.
I didn't get to know one nurse very well, during my 2 treatments with Dr. Dunn. I always requested to talk to my previous nurse to answer my questions & to make sure my orders were set up.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
Very helpful, calming. We had to go multiple weekends/late nights & there was always someone directing us. I felt like a regular at HFS from the front desk staff , financial office, ultrasound/blood work (love them all!) and of course the calming rooms.
The financial office was very helpful/informative. We did not have any surprises with them.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Dunn was great upon first meeting. I had several complications and as time went on his visits were more about taking notes and less about options. He wanted me to use donor eggs before trying with my own eggs. I had egg retrieval and wanted to try again and he was against trying again with my own eggs....He was always abrupt when speaking one on one. He was watching his computer and had very little eye contact. He never gave me a good explanation for my egg retrieval not working out.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Randall Dunn at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Make sure you are under the age of 38 and trying to conceive. He told me he wished I would have came to see him when I was 38 or younger. I think he has had more success with that age group versus the 40 and older club
All the nurses were compassionate and devasted when things did not work in my favor. I really love all the nursing staff
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
Great staff from front desk to nurses. I would have the nurses get back to the patients in a more timely manner. I would have the nurses answer the telephone instead of leaving a message and waiting for them to return the phone call
IVF costs were the cheapest in the city. I really liked this about the clinic. All of the other clinics are charging $2000 or more for the same treatments
Houston
He’s very smart and explains everything thoroughly. He’s great with my husband and listens with no judgement. I felt Like he [Dr. Dunn] was honest without being mean or rude. He seems compassionate and caring. He would take the tome to get to know us and I never felt Like we had less than his full attention while I was his patient.... We did iui with clomid bc my husband has retrograde ejaculation.... Everyone was friendly and empathetic
How was your experience with Randall Dunn at Houston Fertility Specialists?
He’s very smart and explains everything thoroughly. He’s great with my husband and listens with no judgement. I felt Like he was honest without being mean or rude. He seems compassionate and caring. He would take the tome to get to know us and I never felt Like we had less than his full attention while I was his patient.
Do lots of research so you can ask all the questions you want. Make lists of things you want to know.
Everyone was friendly and empathetic
We did iui with clomid bc my husband has retrograde ejaculation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Specialists.
Compassionate and responsive
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
I had Trouble ever speaking to a person via phone. They almost never answer the phone You have to leave a vm or send an email and get a call back. That was very frustrating. Once they responded however they were very thorough and friendly. It’s just the initial frustration of never being able to get in touch with someone on the first try. It’s important if you know your cycles to keep great records or use an app to track for a bit before you visit. Cycle days are super important information to share with the clinic
40 for iui with insurance. All meds were self pay

2008 - 2012
He is an awesome Dr. he [Dr. Randall Dunn] was so knowledgeable and very compassionate. He has a great bedside manor: He was very thorough in reviewing the information and test results with us. He performed all of my procedures and was actively involved in my journey....The whole process was very personal. Everyone in the clinic knew my name. Dr Dunn spent a lot of time with us
How was your experience with Randall Dunn at Houston Fertility Specialists?
He is an awesome Dr. he was so knowledgeable and very compassionate. He has a great bedside manor: He was very thorough in reviewing the information and test results with us. He performed all of my procedures and was actively involved in my journey.
Dr Dunn understands infertility is a sensitive subject with patients and treats them with compassion..
The whole process was very personal. Everyone in the clinic knew my name. Dr Dunn spent a lot of time with us.
The only thing I remember is that he wanted to test for endometriosis first before starting fertility treatments
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
2 locations in sugarland and Houston which was convenient for my work schedule. Their facilities were clean and comfortable. They had early morning and lunch hours for blood work and other check ins
My insurance covered most of the cost of treatment and medicine.
Dr Dunn was conservative in his approach to embryo transfer. He recommended fewer embryos for the transfer but also discussed this with us and let us make the final decision.