6.1

Randall Loy works at

3435 Pinehurst Avenue
Orlando, FL 32804

2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
Lab, ultrasounds and surgery center [CRM Orlando] are all on site which is a huge plus. Results are usually ready same day unless biopsies. Surgery center, though onsite, is a different entity so be prepare for that to go to towards different deductible.Has several doctors so your cycles can proceed even if yours is off. Con would be that it may be a different doctor for every surgery which I do not prefer. Many doctors and large office are great but this also means they’re helping MANY patients
How was your experience with Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
He’s clearly very knowledgeable in his field. This is comforting to work with someone who seems to know every in and out. But at times he was almost too clinical and did not have much of a bedside manner. He is compassionate in terms of cancelled/failed cycles but not overly so. He takes time to acknowledge how difficult it is to go through this but he doesn’t linger on it and moves right into next protocol. Our first transfer with donor egg resulted in pregnancy but ended up having trisomy 21. We were obviously devastated and having a hard time wrapping our heads around payment for another cycle and potential PGS testing costs and he did work with us to offer a small discount which we greatly appreciated. Overall he is kind but it’s clear he has too much on his plate/too many patients. As mentioned before I’ve had to remind him on a few things that we would need to do or not do based on my situation.Also in the beginning he told us he thought there was 95% chance Ivf would work with our own eggs- we turned out to be the 5%. I think communication could also be better. For example we went through 3 weeks of one cycle (doing Lupron injections and estrogen) and it ended up being cancelled because I wasn’t responding. It wasn’t until our follow up with him that he told us estrogen was rising, but slowly and on the low side. This is something we would have liked to know during the cycle to brace ourselves for the possibility of cancellation. We were totally blindsided when it was cancelled. We also made it to transfer on another cycle, and on it the day of we experienced some confusion. For one, he was not the doctor performing the transfer. They tell you that other doctors may do your surgeries but you are usually told who at the pre-op. He didn’t say anything about it being anyone else so i didn’t think to ask. This threw us because our transfers tend to be complicated due to my cervix passage and uterus position. I was also to be under anesthesia for my transfer which you can’t drink water for. And the doctor on call that day seemed to be confused why I didn’t have a full bladder and why I was getting fluids through IV. He ended up making me drink water and the anesthesiologist understandably had to wait until the water moved from my stomach to do the transfer, which was a 2 hour delay. It’s obvious Dr. Loy did not leave clear notes or talk to this doctor beforehand. Or the doctor did not pay attention to any notes left by him, so either way communication is an issue.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Do not be afraid to ask questions and advocate for yourself. If you don’t understand something try to ask in that moment. It can be intimidating to question a doctor on his protocols or have them breakdown something in simpler terms for you but that is why you’re all there! So that you’re all on the same page and all feel confident in next steps. You shouldn’t leave an appointment not understanding your plan or having doubts about it. He can read your chart all day but nobody knows you better than you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
We learned early to expect that we would not see Dr. Loy at every appointment and we’re mostly ok with that. But the meetings we do get with him feel progressively more and more rushed the longer we’ve been patients. We always come in with a list of questions and sometimes he seems bothered by so many questions and gets noticeably impatient. Also a couple of times I’ve had to remind him of things specific to my situation which makes me feel he’s got too much on his plate to play close attention. When I bring these things up though he is willing to change protocol and accommodate us. We had one cancelled cycle that really made us feel like a number versus a human this year. We thought everything was going well and made it to our pre-op. On that day my lining had thinned a little and he said as long as estrogen hasn’t fallen off we should be good. Well of course estrogen had dropped so I got a call at 6pm (appmnt had been much earlier that day) and the nurse was very blunt and cold- “your cycle has been cancelled please call on your next cycle day 1.” She didn’t even mention what estrogen level was, I had to ask specifically what happened and why it was cancelled. She told me she couldn’t answer any questions only the dr could and I was very obviously upset and she offered no comfort and getting information was like pulling teeth. After I asked several questions which she said she could not answer she finally asked if I would like a follow up and offered me one for a week later. I had to explain why I would want one as soon as possible and she ended up finding one for me the next day. I know those calls can’t be easy but her attitude made it clear she didn’t really care and just wanted to get on with it.
Describe the protocols Randall Loy used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
Don’t remember exactly the protocol for retrieving with my own eggs. I know there was cetrotide, gonal f, tigger shot and something else I can’t remember. This resulted in 3 eggs, 2 fertilized, 0 blastocyst. He said it was the strongest protocol he would give to someone like me (small frame, diminished ovarian reserve) and next step would have to be donor eggs. With donor eggs we used Lupron and estrogen and progesterone and I responded “textbook” to these and transfer was a success but ultimately had to terminate for chromosomal issues. Next cycle we did same protocol because it had previously worked but i did not respond as well. Third try we did letrazole protocol which had good results but transfer did not result in pregnancy. Our next try we are doing estrogen protocol. He was going to do Lupron again but I had to remind that though this did work once it didn’t the second time so we’re trying something new.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Venus)
Overall I’ve liked the staff. I have dealt with only 2 who could use some help with bedside manner. One was one I hadn’t worked with at all until she called to advise of our cancelled cycle. The other is one who is not my primary nurse but seems to step in when my primary is out. She is nice enough but overall demeanor is not very warm. She seems a little annoyed when I ask too many questions. Venus my primary though is very nice and though we don’t speak on the phone much ( all correspondence through the portal) I feel much more comfortable talking with her and asking her questions. She’s very patient. If I ask questions she can’t quite an answer she’ll let me know she is checking with the dr and responds by end of day typically. Phlebotomist and ultrasound techs are also very friendly. Finance is very nice as well and willing to answer many questions and check on anything you ask them to.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Lab, ultrasounds and surgery center are all on site which is a huge plus. Results are usually ready same day unless biopsies. Surgery center, though onsite, is a different entity so be prepare for that to go to towards different deductible.Has several doctors so your cycles can proceed even if yours is off. Con would be that it may be a different doctor for every surgery which I do not prefer. Many doctors and large office are great but this also means they’re helping MANY patients so I think communication and attention to detail struggle because of that.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Approx $13k for egg retrieval $17.5k for donor eggs (lot of 6 with one embryo guarantee) $2.2k for FET Does not include meds, hysteroscopies (3), biopsies
Describe Randall Loy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
He strongly recommends single embryo transfer for me as I have a pretty small frame and he believes multiples will be difficult for me to carry.
Orlando
Dr. Loy is very knowledgeable, he is able to answer all of our questions without hesitation. He is also very sensitive to our needs and takes the time to explain what is going on. There are times he is very busy, which then cuts into our time together. But when you schedule a sit down appointment with him, he is present with you... Dr. Loy did initial lab work, HSG, hysteroscopy and sperm analysis. This helped to give a good picture of what is going on with us and what is causing our infertility. I was found to have low ovarian reserve and as a result, we discussed using donor eggs. We then proceeded with IVF cycle.
The benefits of using this clinic [Ctr for Repro Med Orlando] is that it has moved to a new location and everything is up to date. It is also associated with an in house surgery center so that all of your procedures can take place in one setting.... Dr. Lot's nurses for the most part were nice, but I felt like I really had to advocate for myself and make them understand my situation. I definitely felt like a number when I had to interact with the surgery scheduler. She was rude and difficult to communicate with.
Don't be afraid to ask any questions. He will be very willing to give you the answer
I feel like when Dr. Lou had the chance to sit with us, he treated us with respect, he was candid, and he was knowledgeable. Dr. Lot's nurses for the most part were nice, but I felt like I really had to advocate for myself and make them understand my situation. I definitely felt like a number when I had to interact with the surgery scheduler. She was rude and difficult to communicate with.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Dr. Loy's primary nursing staff is sometimes difficult to get a hold of. There are certain nurses that I've found that respond quickly and takes the time to answer my questions. It took some time for me to learn their style in order to feel satisfied in my care
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The benefits of using this clinic is that it has moved to a new location and everything is up to date. It is also associated with an in house surgery center so that all of your procedures can take place in one setting. The staff is for the most part friendly, with a few exceptions. Sometimes you do feel like just a number. The checkout process is completely disconnected to the clinical staff so sometimes your interaction with them feels strange. Example, I found out I miscarried and the checkout person cheerily asked me how my day was going, even though clearly I had been crying. The surgery scheduler Heidi is the worst part of the clinic. Trying to get in touch with her is almost impossible and she has no warmth about her. Her attitude is not in line with what a fertility clinic is supposed to be about. She will call you after hours and request a call back, but the phone number she provides is usually shut down and forwarded to an answering service. When you call back the next day, her response was that she was in the office and doesn't understand why you didn't call her back. The finance person Ricardo is mostly professional, but communication is very poor. He has told us that there have been couples that yell at him, but when dealing with thousands of dollars and pressures of infertility, better communication would probably ease some of the tension.
17,500 for treatments in the clinic. Over 20,000 including medications
Dr. Loy left the decision to us as to whether we would implant a single embryo vs multiple embryos. He was able to tell us the pros and cons of either decision and also give us risks and benefits.

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Loy is a very knowledgable and skilled doctor with many years of experience. Him and his wife experienced infertility and had to do ivf almost thirty years ago so they know what it is like to go through the physical and emotional side of infertility.... Dr Loy was very attentive and compassionate at the intake appt. But as went through the retrieval and transfers , I did not feel like it really mattered to him that I was informed on what was happening and that he be there for me if I had questions.
They [Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando] take on too many patients and as a result they make mistakes. Some big , some little but when you are spending so much money it is very frustrating to have hinggs happen in your ttc journey that could have been prevented by better patient care. I am grateful I was able to get pregnant with our last embryo but feel that our results would have been better if they hadn’t have made mistakes.
Dr. Loy is a very knowledgable and skilled doctor with many years of experience. Him and his wife experienced infertility and had to do ivf almost thirty years ago so they know what it is like to go through the physical and emotional side of infertility. He is a Christian and is not afraid to share his faith or belief in the importance of God’s timing in growing families.
Show up to your appointments with him with your list of questions ready so that you can make the most of your time with him. Ask for clarification in the moment for anything you don’t understand because it can be difficult to get ahold of him in between appts with him.
Dr Loy was very attentive and compassionate at the intake appt. But as went through the retrieval and transfers , I did not feel like it really mattered to him that I was informed on what was happening and that he be there for me if I had questions. It was very difficult to get ahold of him and mistakes were made in my cycle because of miscommunications by his staff.
We did a full force round of stimulation (versus a mini ivf) with all the medicines he could use (it was four years ago so I don’t remember specifics). I have stage 4 endo, adenomyosis and a uterine fibroid and we had been ttc for 12 years before trying ivf. We did the retrieval and only got ten eggs, 3 of which fertilized but only one was strong enough to freeze. For some reason they chose not to do icsi on all of them even though we had requested they do so. We transferred the two that had slowed in growth but they did not take. It took fifteen months and 4 surgeries following that to get my uterus vleared to transfer our frozen. We did a natural cycle and timed the transfer with my own ovulation. It worked and our baby is 15 months now.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Marty)
They made mistakes with medicine doseages. They wouldn’t return calls for results promptly. They acted annoyed if I had alot of questions. The only time I saw compassion was when I had a negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
They take on too many patients and as a result they make mistakes. Some big , some little but when you are spending so much money it is very frustrating to have hinggs happen in your ttc journey that could have been prevented by better patient care. I am grateful I was able to get pregnant with our last embryo but feel that our results would have been better if they hadn’t have made mistakes.
20,000 including meds, 4 hysteroscopies, 1 laparoscopy, 1 retrieval, 2 transfers and bloodwork
Dr Loy will transfer two at the most but prefers to be more conservative and transfer one really good embryo.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Incorrect dosages, icsi wasn’t done on all of our retrieved eggs. My patient paperwork was faxed to another patient’s ob office without my consent.

2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Loy is very educated in his field and the first initial consultation provided us with lots of information and took the time to listen to our questions and to get to know us personally. He was very encouraging and felt good about our IUI's. I did feel though after we went through 3 unsuccessful IUI's we never had any follow up from Dr. Loy.
The clinic [CRM-Orlando] is very busy & the front desk employees were never friendly and felt like you were just another number they had to get through. I do know that they have a new office now since I have been there which they needed very badly with how busy they are.... However, after each round it was just on to the next and after our 3rd failed IUI we were never contacted back from the clinic to re-evaluate or talk about next steps.
I would ask for more questions on what the next steps would be if they treatment is unsuccessful and if there are other routes that can be taken.
I felt like we had lots of encouragement through our three rounds of IUI. However, after each round it was just on to the next and after our 3rd failed IUI we were never contacted back from the clinic to re-evaluate or talk about next steps.
We did three IUI's and I don't remember really the protocol but I know that he did use Letrozol instead of Clomid
I also had a positive experience with the nursing staff. They were also friendly and kind.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The clinic is very busy & the front desk employees were never friendly and felt like you were just another number they had to get through. I do know that they have a new office now since I have been there which they needed very badly with how busy they are.
I don't remember exactly but I believe we paid about $500 total for each IUI treatment
Orlando

After 5 failed IUIs, I had to beg for a consult with the doctor.... He [Dr. Loy] admitted to not reviewing my complete file after each failed cycle. He only made decisions based on my current # of follicles and size, which is what the nurse gave him. I felt like he should have been more involved in my actual diagnoses and treatment.... First 4 cycles were strictly with letrozole and trigger.
Great about scheduling appointments. Multiple options and very flexible. Wait times [Ctr for Reproductive Med of Orlando] were rather frustrating: for example we waited in the room for our iui (undressed) for 1 hour and 15 minutes for the doctor. It wasn’t uncommon for them to be an hour or so behind schedule, even though the sign in the lobby says you should not wait more than 15 minutes.
He admitted to not reviewing my complete file after each failed cycle. He only made decisions based on my current # of follicles and size, which is what the nurse gave him. I felt like he should have been more involved in my actual diagnoses and treatment.
Don’t wait until you are beyond frustrated to raise your hand. Be assertive in requesting time specifically with him versus the nurses. You are paying to be seen by a doctor, not a nurse.
After 5 failed IUIs, I had to beg for a consult with the doctor. I feel like they should meet with you after every 2 failed cycles.
First 4 cycles were strictly with letrozole and trigger. I asked for a change in my process to see if we could get a more favorable outcome and they reluctantly prescribed injectables. (Gonal-f)
Always returned calls within 24 hours. They were knowledgeable about process.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Great about scheduling appointments. Multiple options and very flexible. Wait times were rather frustrating: for example we waited in the room for our iui (undressed) for 1 hour and 15 minutes for the doctor. It wasn’t uncommon for them to be an hour or so behind schedule, even though the sign in the lobby says you should not wait more than 15 minutes.
$650 for iui, without medicine