6.1

nurse available by email
Randall Loy works at

3435 Pinehurst Avenue
Orlando, FL 32804

My husband is taking antibiotics to check to see if it will change his numbers. Dr Loy first wanted to make sure he has all the results he needs. He advised that we might not get presaging naturally but he will give us options to consider.... He took enough time to explain everything to us. He ordered few tests and we received follow ups call. He did not rush us, wasn't short and tried to explain everything with details. As soon as he walked to the room he started with personal questions and it felt like he tried to know us before anything else
It's very hard to get a hold of them [nurses at Center for Reprodudctive Med Orlando] by phone! They called me to let me know my genetic results came back positive and my husband has to get tested! After my husband got tested in the morning, I spoke with a genetic counselor as they advised and she told me there was no reason for my husband to be tested and she wasn't sure why they requested that! I tried to call them to cancel the test which would cost us 200$ but no one returned my call!
How was your experience with Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Don't afraid to ask questions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
He was very kind and personable! He explained every thing with details, he even draw stuff for us to understand everything better
Describe the protocols Randall Loy used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando and their degree of success.
We haven't started any treatment yet! My husband is taking antibiotics to check to see if it will change his numbers. Dr Loy first wanted to make sure he has all the results he needs. He advised that we might not get presaging naturally but he will give us options to consider.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The person took my blood was very nice and I had a great conversation with her besides that other staff felt like rushing you to get things done! It's very hard to get a hold of them by phone! They called me to let me know my genetic results came back positive and my husband has to get tested! After my husband got tested in the morning, I spoke with a genetic counselor as they advised and she told me there was no reason for my husband to be tested and she wasn't sure why they requested that! I tried to call them to cancel the test which would cost us 200$ but no one returned my call! I even went there and waited in waiting room for about 30 min and no nurse showed up to meet me!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
It's clean and organized. However I feel they try to push you to use their facility for every test or even surgery. 1 day before my HSG I received a call and they requested $500 deposit, I never told about that, after I said I need to reschedule they asked to transfer me to accounting department to make a payment plan which I refused and told them I need to call my insurance. The next day I showed up for my HSG test and they never asked for deposit! I feel if you chose to go to that clinic you just need to double check about payments or test to avoid unnecessary charges
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randall Loy at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Seems most of the tests are not covered by my insurance, which is not their fault however it seems if testing done in this facility the price is much higher
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
As I mentioned, they requested genetic test for my husband which if wasn't necessary considering my result and 1 day before my HSG test they requested $500 deposit! I had to call them few times for my results

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Dr Loy was very attentive, caring, took time to answer any of our wuestions, but candid about our situation. ... I have PCOS and stage 4 Endometriosis, so its a double whammy. Originally, they [Center for Repro Med Orlando] stated that I should go straight to IVF, but would be willing for me to try stimulation medication with times intercourse. I took a course of letrozole followed by a trigger shot ovidrel. This was not sucessful due to the PCOS.
After my second cucle, I was coming more consistently and could get 7:30 am appointments easier, because I was established. Their [Center for Repro Med Orlando] billing is not always the best. They over harge me and I had a $175 credit. You have to follow how they bill you and your insurance closely. Overall they are good, but not great. ... The wait time is always rediculous, and it is difficult to get an early appoint, which is important to me because I work full time.
He is very knowledgeable, kind, good bedside manner, and very patient with numerous questions. We built a report from the begining. He made me feel comfortable by explaining things thoroughly. He also knew my obgyn, and had the same diagnosis as him, which made me feel very comfortable. He was also one of the founding physicians at CRM. I did only see him 3 times during my course of treatment. All my other appointments I saw the lab tech ir ultrasound tech. The last appointment was to discuss changing my treatment plan because of the 4 failed cycles.This was upsetting to us, but not Dr Loys fault.
Prior to being seen I highly recomend that you compile a list of questions. Make sure he has all of your medical records and you know all of your diagnosis.
Dr Loy was very attentive, caring, took time to answer any of our wuestions, but candid about our situation. I was always able to contact Dr Loys nurse if I had any issues or questions and get an immediate response. One time I needed to be seen and they got me in right away. Overall you have to advocate for yourself regarding the biling, not related to the Doctor.
I have PCOS and stage 4 Endometriosis, so its a double whammy. Originally, they stated that I should go straight to IVF, but would be willing for me to try stimulation medication with times intercourse. I took a course of letrozole followed by a trigger shot ovidrel. This was not sucessful due to the PCOS. Staying helathy with diet and exercise, and reducing stress is key.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Dr Loys Nurse, can not remeber her name. )
She was always very understaning, especially when I was upset due to a mix up from a different staff memeber regarding my trigger shot. She always called me back same day, and got answers to all of my questions.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
They do have several locations, which helps for ease of access. My clinic is 5 mins or less from my home which was good. The wait time is always rediculous, and it is difficult to get an early appoint, which is important to me because I work full time. One time I showed up and they were not even open, and another time the power was out. After my second cucle, I was coming more consistently and could get 7:30 am appointments easier, because I was established. Their billing is not always the best. They over harge me and I had a $175 credit. You have to follow how they bill you and your insurance closely. Overall they are good, but not great.
My insurance company covered a lot, so my out of poocket expense was about $200 per cycle. I have United Healthcare.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
They did not tell me after prescribing letrozole that I needd to have my trigger shot by a specific date. We had to scramble and I ended up paying 60 more than normal for the trigger shot.
Orlando

Dr. Randall Loy is a very experienced and knowledge reproductive endocrinologist. He explains everything in a comprehensible manner. However, I felt at times that he forgot about my diagnosis; nevertheless, he finally paid more attention to my case due to thick uterine lining which caused several delays of the embryo transfer.... I was on Enskye (a birth control pill) and I also took Estrace and Progesterone. I was successful in obtaining menses due to taking Enskye;
The clinic [Center for Repro Med] is clean and it has an attractive appearance. The staff is decent; at times they are unapproachable. You always have to leave a voicemail to doctors' nurses if you have any questions. They usually call you back a couple hours later; sometimes they forget to return your call the same day. You have to leave the voicemail before 3:00 pm. The emergency call service is somewhat reliable; the couple times that I used it, the person who had to relay the message
Dr. Randall Loy is a very experienced and knowledge reproductive endocrinologist. He explains everything in a comprehensible manner. However, I felt at times that he forgot about my diagnosis; nevertheless, he finally paid more attention to my case due to thick uterine lining which caused several delays of the embryo transfer. At the moment, he has proposed alternate protocols for me, which are in process, in order to see if it changes my situation.
Dr. Randall Loy is a very knowledgable and has good bedside manner. However, you must be prepared to remind him about your diagnosis/situation because he will forgot about your case. Patients must write questions in advance to ask him so he can inform you about your protocol.
Overall, they treated me in a humane manner. However, at times, I felt like I was treated as a number because I had to keep reminding them about my condition, Primary Ovarian Failure.
I was on Enskye (a birth control pill) and I also took Estrace and Progesterone. I was successful in obtaining menses due to taking Enskye; however, the Estrace pills caused me to have liquid in my uterus which delayed several of my transfer cycles. I have undergone three hysteroscopies and two cervical dialition to investigate why I still had blood and liquid in my uterus.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Pamela Fortunato)
Dr. Loy's main nurse was very helpful and understanding. However, the other nurses kept forgetting about my condition, Primary Ovarian Failure, and several times they did not follow the correct protocol.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
The clinic is clean and it has an attractive appearance. The staff is decent; at times they are unapproachable. You always have to leave a voicemail to doctors' nurses if you have any questions. They usually call you back a couple hours later; sometimes they forget to return your call the same day. You have to leave the voicemail before 3:00 pm. The emergency call service is somewhat reliable; the couple times that I used it, the person who had to relay the message (i.e., Day 1 of a clycel) to the doctor's nurse forgets to send it to a nurse. Therefore, I have to call a couple more times so that they can get the nurse to call me in order to schedule an appointment. Overall, the clinic is new and has high-tech technology; however, be prepared to pay hefty bills and always keep reminding the doctors and nurses about your conditions because they will forget about you.
I found an egg donor through Circle Surrogacy agency. The retrieval was down at the clinic. I have undergone more than 5 failed cycles and out-patient procedures due to my uterine lining. Therefore, I have compiled about $10,000 of bills and expenses at this clinic.
Describe Randall Loy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
My doctor had a strong preference for single embryo transfer.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
I have to constantly remind them that I do not get natural periods due to having primary ovarian failure since June 2017.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Their practice [CRM] is very large and successful but they focus more on their numbers and success rates than the patient specifically themselves. ... Besides one of the nurses, I had to keep on top of all of the information myself or things would be forgotten that we’re importsnt details. ... I believe it was about $2,500-3000 for each frozen transfer. I believe it was around10-15k for egg retrieval with everything.
Dr. Loy is a very experienced and well equip man in what he does. He knows all the up to date studies and other important statistics to help understanding. When you do consult with him he will take the time to explain things to you. He is well mannered. He is not very emotional/relational. He is more to the point. If you need someone who is very empathetic and readily available he may not be the one. Their practice is very large and successful but they focus more on their numbers and success rates than the patient specifically themselves.
Know going in that they are very effective, experienced, and successful at what they do, but they are not always on top of everything and you can feel like a Number many times. You also may not have your own doctor for the procedures depending on who is working that day.
Besides one of the nurses, I had to keep on top of all of the information myself or things would be forgotten that we’re importsnt details. They are good at what they do, but it is obvious it is a business/job to most of them.
For two of the prosecutes we did the very structured and co trolled injectibles as the protocol. The third treatment we used a pill form medicine to naturally create the eggs with the body doing its own thing which I preferred!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
The primary nurse I worked with was so great! But the reason that I was placed with only working with her was because the rest of the nursing staff couldn’t seem to get it together. We had many things delayed and cause more frustration because of the rest.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
They had strengths in efficiency, knowledge, procedures, facilities, and success. Their facilities are brand new and the doctors all seem to be good at what they do. They are skilled. They have weaknesses in not being relational, compassionate, organized, and many times lacked at good communication. You do feel like a number bringing money in rather than a patient to care for.
I believe it was about $2,500-3000 for each frozen transfer. I believe it was around10-15k for egg retrieval with everything. Do not fully remember off hand.
I was thankful for only putting one embryo with tragedy from my future that came with multiples. I also appreciated doing only frozen verses fresh to give my body a break.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
It was mostly communication and lack of knowledge of some of the procedures. This messed up communication with the doctor and protocol to move forward with.
Orlando

Dr. Loy is a great doctor. He is extremely knowledgeable. He explains everything very clearly, with a picture to help his verbal explanation. ... Following the testing of my hormone levels, I was diagnosed with hyperprolactemia. ... Also, he doesn’t push unnecessary treatments. However, I did not see Dr. Loy at every visit. In fact, his PA performed my first and only IUI. I do wish I could see Dr. Loy more often.
This clinic [CRM - Orlando] is great. It’s a newer facility that includes a surgery center. Everything can be done right there at the facility, which is incredibly convenient. My only complaint is that it’s always cold in there. ... The only issue I had was that I was not called with results one time. The results were the genetic testing from my missed miscarriage of twins. However, when I called for the results, I was promptly given my results. ...
Dr. Loy is a great doctor. He is extremely knowledgeable. He explains everything very clearly, with a picture to help his verbal explanation. Also, he doesn’t push unnecessary treatments. However, I did not see Dr. Loy at every visit. In fact, his PA performed my first and only IUI. I do wish I could see Dr. Loy more often.
Definitely ask many questions. He is very knowledgeable and willing to answer all questions.
Dr. Loy and the staff at CRM always referred to me by my first name. That always asked me how I was doing. Also, they always engaged me in conversation. Further, the staff greeted me by name upon me entering the office.
Following the testing of my hormone levels, I was diagnosed with hyperprolactemia. I was placed on Bromocriptin. Once that hormone leveled out, I was set for IUI #1. I took Letrozol 2.5 mg, twice a day, cycle day 3-7. Then, on cycle day 12, I injected the trigger shot, Ovidrel. Finally, on cycle day 14, I had the IUI done. One week after IUI, I had my estrogen and progesterone checked. Both normal. Two weeks after IUI, a home pregnancy test was positive. Ultrasounds at 6.5 weeks and 8.5 weeks. As 8.5 weeks, my twins had passed. Missed miscarriage. I had the fetuses tested. Trisomy 22.
The nursing staff was amazing. They were very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. They were my point of contact whenever I called. They always returned my phone call, same day, when I called. They never rushed me. They answered all of my questions. They engaged me in conversation and made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
This clinic is great. It’s a newer facility that includes a surgery center. Everything can be done right there at the facility, which is incredibly convenient. My only complaint is that it’s always cold in there.
I don’t know. I’m a veteran. The VA is currently paying for my IUI procedures (up to 6 IUIs). Unfortunately, the VA will not pay for IVF.

2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Loy] had a ton of experience, but I felt a bit like just a number at times. He seemed to get irritated when my husband and I started asking so many questions. I had watched some of his YouTube videos just before he walked in one day, and when he started talking, it was word for word from his videos, done without feeling. He has very high ratings, as does the clinic, so we'll see if I get a baby out of this, and after how many tries. I only just completed egg retrieval, so we'll see. If I get a baby out of this, he'll be a god to me.
Everything has been great [at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando]. They seem a bit pricier than others according to polls I've seen on some of the FB support groups in a part of. I just wish they wouldn't forget to call me with results sometimes...[The nurses] were very kind but forgot to call me twice with results.
He had a ton of experience, but I felt a bit like just a number at times. He seemed to get irritated when my husband and I started asking so many questions. I had watched some of his YouTube videos just before he walked in one day, and when he started talking, it was word for word from his videos, done without feeling. He has very high ratings, as does the clinic, so we'll see if I get a baby out of this, and after how many tries. I only just completed egg retrieval, so we'll see. If I get a baby out of this, he'll be a god to me.
Watch his YouTube videos. He had his own channel. There are many, and chances are good they will answer many of your questions.
While knowledgeable and thorough, he always seems to be in a rush to get us out of there.
They were very kind but forgot to call me twice with results.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Everything has been great. They seem a bit pricier than others according to polls I've seen on some of the FB support groups in a part of. I just wish they wouldn't forget to call me with results sometimes.
I used Attain, which cost $16,500 for two complete cycles, including 2 egg retrievals and unlimited transfers. The meds eye extra, which I got for around $3,700 thoth winfertility online. My insurance covered office visits, and anesthesia for egg retrieval was $500.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
They gave me a prescription for pain meds for the day of egg retrieval the day before. I had to call 8 different pharmacies before finally giving up because no one had it in stock. They also did not call me on the day I was supposed to trigger. I had to call the after hours on call number twice before getting a call back. When they called back they said I would not be triggering that night and to come in the next day for more blood work. Then, they called back and said after speaking to the doctor, he did want me to trigger that night after all. I nearly missed my window because of this miscommunication.
2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
He is honest, straightforward, detailed. He takes his time with you. He made me feel safe and hopeful and while I have yet to achieve a healthy pregnancy I plan to continue with him. We feel like we are in good hands.... Took our concerns, moral and religious into account and aimed to design a treatment protocol that would cater to these needs
Strengths [of Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando]: knowledge and experience, options Weaknesses: very busy, cannot get through to a nurse- have to leave voicemail and wait for call back... Laparoscopy: diagnose and remove stage II endo Letrozole and timed intercourse with monitoring: ovulated but negative result Letrozole plus IUI: ectopic pregnanc Mini IVF (Stimmed with letrozole): 1 egg retrieved, 3dt, negative
he tends to explain things in a scientific manner but don't be afraid to ask questions for clarity
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando.
Strengths: knowledge and experience, options Weaknesses: very busy, cannot get through to a nurse- have to leave voicemail and wait for call back
We are 100% self pay Our IUI cycle cost around $1200 Our mini-IVF cycle was $3500 not including meds or anaesthsia
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine Orlando?
I had to call multiple times to have my IVF meds called in