Nurse available by email
St. Louis Mo Bapt
3023 N. Ballas Road
St. Louis, MO 63131
314-286-2400
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Randall Odem to a friend?

5.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Washington University School of Medicine to a friend?
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
He’s like a father figure, he’s direct but warm. He [Dr. Odem] is a straight shooter, has tons of experience and cares about your emotions. My best interest was always at hand. He did 5 rounds of high dose estrogen and 5 hysterscopies in 5 months. One each month. I never felt rushed, never felt like a number. He would sit with us until we understood everything.... So he was treating me for ashermans syndrome. He suggested hysterscopies to clear the scar tissue out.
Very nice large lobby. Front desk staff [WashU] Check you in quickly, warm, kind. The office rooms are clean, organized. Once you enter from the lobby they take you back to whatever the procedure is. They have the ability to do a lot in house. I believe some procedures are done at the hospital but the location is easy to get in and out of and very clean, easy to navigate.... He [Dr. Odem] tells you the facts but still comes hopeful and willing to go far. He will also sometimes keep going if you request it but has ethics
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Randall Odem at Washington University School of Medicine?
He’s like a father figure, he’s direct but warm. He is a straight shooter, has tons of experience and cares about your emotions. My best interest was always at hand. He did 5 rounds of high dose estrogen and 5 hysterscopies in 5 months. One each month. I never felt rushed, never felt like a number. He would sit with us until we understood everything. Outline what to expect our options. I even discussed transferring care to 2 different providers out of state and he was supportive but shares his opinion.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randall Odem at Washington University School of Medicine?
Ask as many questions as you need, be transparent, share all your thoughts. He’ll help you work it out.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randall Odem at Washington University School of Medicine?
You feel like he’s in it with you. He tells you the facts but still comes hopeful and willing to go far. He will also sometimes keep going if you request it but has ethics and will tell you when to stop. He’s called me after hours, answers all my questions and cares.
Describe the protocols Randall Odem used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
So he was treating me for ashermans syndrome. He suggested hysterscopies to clear the scar tissue out. I did 3 under general anesthesia and 2 awake. I preferred being awake I recovered quicker. He would have me do high doses of estrogen for about a month and then stop, start progesterone for a withdrawal bleed. Then we would repeat.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Very nice large lobby. Front desk staff Check you in quickly, warm, kind. The office rooms are clean, organized. Once you enter from the lobby they take you back to whatever the procedure is. They have the ability to do a lot in house. I believe some procedures are done at the hospital but the location is easy to get in and out of and very clean, easy to navigate.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randall Odem at Washington University School of Medicine.
I work for wash u so my copays are half and washu just put fertility on the benefits package so we get 10,000 dollars towards fertility treatment but it’s out of pocket cost.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Randall Odem at Washington University School of Medicine.

Anovulation, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr Odem is amazing at his profession. He is not only very professional, but he is also very kindhearted and gentle spirited. You can tell he genuinely cares for his patients. During a very difficult time, he made us feel as if we were his only patients. He took the time to explain things to us, and we never felt rushed. We appreciated his caring heart during a very hard time.... One specific visit was very very difficult for us, when we experienced an ectopic pregnancy. He was very calm and caring, and he was gentle and gave us plenty of time to grieve and then decide what our next step was.
Laura is Dr. Odem's coordinator or receptionist: she is amazing and always gets back to me in a timely manner. I always received a call back in the same day, and never had to wait more than an hour or a few hours. Crystal is one of his nurses: she is always smiling and caring. She always explains what she is doing before she does it, and is super encouraging.... My phonecalls are always returned by his nurse Crystal or coordinator Laura, and they always are very timely. His staff is always very professional and happy to help you with whatever you need.
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Odem is an amazing person and a wonderful physician. I honestly don't have any weakness or negatives to say regarding Dr. Odem. I have many positive things to say in our time spend at the clinic with Dr Odem. From our visit, we could tell that he loves what he does, and he truly wants the best outcome for his patients. One specific visit was very very difficult for us, when we experienced an ectopic pregnancy. He was very calm and caring, and he was gentle and gave us plenty of time to grieve and then decide what our next step was. I cannot explain how much that meant to us during a very hard time. He took excellent care of us, and that was just very encouraging.
Ask lots of questions.
The first cycle we just used Clomid with no success. The 2nd cycle we used Clomid and IUI together, and we did have success with a pregnancy. At 6 weeks, it failed with an ectopic pregnancy. The next 4 cycles we did Clomid and IUI with no success. Our last visit consisted of an IVF discussion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Crystal nurse, Laura coordinator)
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The front desk worker Alicia is always happy to see you and get you signed in. She is always smiling and super comforting. My phonecalls are always returned by his nurse Crystal or coordinator Laura, and they always are very timely. His staff is always very professional and happy to help you with whatever you need.
Office visits with Dr Odem himself costed anywhere from $130-250. IUI ranged $100-$300. I had to have surgery at Barnes for ectopic pregnancy which was around $15,000.
Describe Randall Odem's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
We did feel sufficiently educated on the IVF process. He strongly recommended a single embryo transfer in our case. He did explain why he recommended a single transfer versus multiple--examples: higher risk pregnancy, higher risk of premature births and higher risk of losing a pregnancy.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Odem has wonderful bedside manners. Makes sure we understand everything going on and answers questions thoroughly. My husband has a Male infertility factor and Dr. Odem is working alongside Dr. Johnson to see what our options are and give us percent of the chances of conceiving.... Dr. Odem started my husband on Clomid to see if that would help us conceive. Then started me on clomid as well to get a boost. We started IUI in January. First round failed, so we are trying again. Dr. Odem advised us of the percentages due to my Endo and his infertility issues.
Clinic [Wash U] is absolutely wonderful. Very clean, upscale and professional. Front desk clerks are very nice. When we went back to the room for IUI, the nurse made my husband and I feel at ease because of the atmosphere we were in and the way she talked to us in a calm manner.... Unfortunately, my insurance doesnt cover infertility. Ultrasounds are around $450 (self pay), IUI self pay is $510, if you have insurance, it is $610
Endometriosis, Male Factor
If you aren't sure exactly what is going on, ask. Dr. Odem will meet all your needs during this time of trouble in your life.
Talked to my husband and I very calmly and told us he was very excited to start this journey with him. Made sure we knew what was going on and made sure to answer any questions. Will even call late at night to check on us.
Very nice and kind.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Clinic is absolutely wonderful. Very clean, upscale and professional. Front desk clerks are very nice. When we went back to the room for IUI, the nurse made my husband and I feel at ease because of the atmosphere we were in and the way she talked to us in a calm manner.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
In our first appointment with Dr. Odem he took the time to sit down with my husband and i, hear our story of ttc and what we had done with our previous RE and came up with a plan of action. He took me off some medications that the doctor before had flippantly put me on and I was grateful for his knowledge.... He is kind and compassionate, willing to change a protocol if something is not working... We started on Letrozole for one cycle to get myself to ovulate
Clinic [WashU School of Med] is easily accessible if you work or live in the city. They are willing to accommodate appointments/procedures on Saturdays instead of making you work with their schedule, they work with yours. They are a bigger clinic so you may not get to see your doctor every appointment but the nursing staff has all been wonderful so far and i feel like we're getting great care. Love that they have a lab within their clinic so you get blood results back within the same day typically.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
He is kind and compassionate, willing to change a protocol if something is not working. He took the time to listen to our story and helped us come up with a plan that we were all on board with and adjustments if we ran into problems.
We started on Letrozole for one cycle to get myself to ovulate and then the next cycle did the same protocol since i was able to ovulate the previous month. We are going in for our first IUI this cycle.
The nursing staff has been wonderful. If you leave a message, they call you back within an hour or two at the most. They take time to answer questions and address concerns.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Clinic is easily accessible if you work or live in the city. They are willing to accommodate appointments/procedures on Saturdays instead of making you work with their schedule, they work with yours. They are a bigger clinic so you may not get to see your doctor every appointment but the nursing staff has all been wonderful so far and i feel like we're getting great care. Love that they have a lab within their clinic so you get blood results back within the same day typically.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Dr Odem is very knowledgeable and very thorough. I trust his experience and opinions. It felt, at times, that what we talked about and what was communicated to the nurses and staff was not on the same page. ... I used a microdose Lupron flare protocol with very high doses of Menopur and gonal f. I ended up with a cancelled cycle and moving forward with an IUI instead due to poor response to the medications.
There is poor comic nation between the doctor and staff [at Wash U]. I was told I could start the IVF cycle on my next cycle and when I called the nurse wondering about what I needed to do, it was not known that I would be on the next cycle. They lacked direction and communication on what the proper steps are and how their flow works.... the monitoring times felt like a heard of cattle waiting to move from one room to the next.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Dr Odem is very knowledgeable and very thorough. I trust his experience and opinions. It felt, at times, that what we talked about and what was communicated to the nurses and staff was not on the same page. I very much respect Dr Odem and feel he is a great doctor but I did not feel he was the best doctor for treating a patient with Diminished Ovarian Reserve.
You need to be your own advocate in this clinic.
I rarely saw Dr Odem and the monitoring times felt like a heard of cattle waiting to move from one room to the next.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Crystal)
My coordinator was amazing and very compassionate. Crystal helped me navigate all of the steps needed.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
There is poor comic nation between the doctor and staff. I was told I could start the IVF cycle on my next cycle and when I called the nurse wondering about what I needed to do, it was not known that I would be on the next cycle. They lacked direction and communication on what the proper steps are and how their flow works.
Nothing specific
No comment
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Odem] was easy to talk to and provided sufficient information for us to understand the process....I like that all of the doctors at Washington University work as a team and discuss all cases weekly to try to obtain the best results. Never felt that he was misleading me for his own personal financial gain....I was on the long agonist protocol. This was due to my irregular cycle and endometriosis. I feel everything went as expected.... If possible, they would like to do eSET; however, that depends upon the number of eggs retrieved and on how the fertilized eggs are developing at day 3.
I think it is important to know that the doctors at Washington University work as a team so they collaborate on all the cases. This means that you are not only dealing with your doctor, who is likely to be top notch, but your case gets input from other great doctors as well....I believe the procedures were approximately 11,000 which included everything but the medication. Medication costs were about $5000...The day I took the 14 day pregnancy test, they failed to call me with the results of the test.
He was very knowledgeable. I like that all of the doctors at Washington University work as a team and discuss all cases weekly to try to obtain the best results. Never felt that he was misleading me for his own personal financial gain.
Ask questions as he is more than willing to answer them.
He was easy to talk to and provided sufficient information for us to understand the process.
Great team. They communicate well and promptly call with information.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
+ Read more- Read less

I have so much to say about doctor Odem and his group. They were absolutely fantastic...He spent hours in consults with me. When I was hospitalized, he came to see me every day for progress checks. His nurses knew me by more than just my chart. I had the best experience at Washington University in St. Louis.
I have so much to say about doctor Odem and his group [at Washington University in St. Louis Fertility]. They were absolutely fantastic...His nurses knew me by more than just my chart. I had the best experience at Washington University in St. Louis. I would suggest anyone looking into RE's to look into the St. Louis area.
I have so much to say about doctor Odem and his group. They were absolutely fantastic. They took the time to take every single one of my phone calls. He spent hours in consults with me. When I was hospitalized, he came to see me every day for progress checks. His nurses knew me by more than just my chart. I had the best experience at Washington University in St. Louis. I would suggest anyone looking into RE's to look into the St. Louis area.