Medical SchoolU. of Iowa
St. Louis Mo Bapt
3023 N. Ballas Road
St. Louis, MO 63131
314-286-2400
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Randall Odem to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Washington University School of Medicine to a friend?
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr Odem is amazing at his profession. He is not only very professional, but he is also very kindhearted and gentle spirited. You can tell he genuinely cares for his patients. During a very difficult time, he made us feel as if we were his only patients. He took the time to explain things to us, and we never felt rushed. We appreciated his caring heart during a very hard time.... One specific visit was very very difficult for us, when we experienced an ectopic pregnancy. He was very calm and caring, and he was gentle and gave us plenty of time to grieve and then decide what our next step was.
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Randall Odem at Washington University School of Medicine?
Dr. Odem is an amazing person and a wonderful physician. I honestly don't have any weakness or negatives to say regarding Dr. Odem. I have many positive things to say in our time spend at the clinic with Dr Odem. From our visit, we could tell that he loves what he does, and he truly wants the best outcome for his patients. One specific visit was very very difficult for us, when we experienced an ectopic pregnancy. He was very calm and caring, and he was gentle and gave us plenty of time to grieve and then decide what our next step was. I cannot explain how much that meant to us during a very hard time. He took excellent care of us, and that was just very encouraging.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randall Odem at Washington University School of Medicine?
Ask lots of questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randall Odem at Washington University School of Medicine?
Describe the protocols Randall Odem used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
The first cycle we just used Clomid with no success. The 2nd cycle we used Clomid and IUI together, and we did have success with a pregnancy. At 6 weeks, it failed with an ectopic pregnancy. The next 4 cycles we did Clomid and IUI with no success. Our last visit consisted of an IVF discussion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Crystal nurse, Laura coordinator)
Laura is Dr. Odem's coordinator or receptionist: she is amazing and always gets back to me in a timely manner. I always received a call back in the same day, and never had to wait more than an hour or a few hours. Crystal is one of his nurses: she is always smiling and caring. She always explains what she is doing before she does it, and is super encouraging.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The front desk worker Alicia is always happy to see you and get you signed in. She is always smiling and super comforting. My phonecalls are always returned by his nurse Crystal or coordinator Laura, and they always are very timely. His staff is always very professional and happy to help you with whatever you need.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randall Odem at Washington University School of Medicine.
Office visits with Dr Odem himself costed anywhere from $130-250. IUI ranged $100-$300. I had to have surgery at Barnes for ectopic pregnancy which was around $15,000.
Describe Randall Odem's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
We did feel sufficiently educated on the IVF process. He strongly recommended a single embryo transfer in our case. He did explain why he recommended a single transfer versus multiple--examples: higher risk pregnancy, higher risk of premature births and higher risk of losing a pregnancy.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Dr Odem is very knowledgeable and very thorough. I trust his experience and opinions. It felt, at times, that what we talked about and what was communicated to the nurses and staff was not on the same page. ... I used a microdose Lupron flare protocol with very high doses of Menopur and gonal f. I ended up with a cancelled cycle and moving forward with an IUI instead due to poor response to the medications.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Dr Odem is very knowledgeable and very thorough. I trust his experience and opinions. It felt, at times, that what we talked about and what was communicated to the nurses and staff was not on the same page. I very much respect Dr Odem and feel he is a great doctor but I did not feel he was the best doctor for treating a patient with Diminished Ovarian Reserve.
You need to be your own advocate in this clinic.
I rarely saw Dr Odem and the monitoring times felt like a heard of cattle waiting to move from one room to the next.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Crystal)
My coordinator was amazing and very compassionate. Crystal helped me navigate all of the steps needed.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
There is poor comic nation between the doctor and staff. I was told I could start the IVF cycle on my next cycle and when I called the nurse wondering about what I needed to do, it was not known that I would be on the next cycle. They lacked direction and communication on what the proper steps are and how their flow works.
Nothing specific
No comment
St. Louis CWE
I have so much to say about doctor Odem and his group. They were absolutely fantastic...He spent hours in consults with me. When I was hospitalized, he came to see me every day for progress checks. His nurses knew me by more than just my chart. I had the best experience at Washington University in St. Louis.
I have so much to say about doctor Odem and his group. They were absolutely fantastic. They took the time to take every single one of my phone calls. He spent hours in consults with me. When I was hospitalized, he came to see me every day for progress checks. His nurses knew me by more than just my chart. I had the best experience at Washington University in St. Louis. I would suggest anyone looking into RE's to look into the St. Louis area.