5.7

Wash U. St. Louis

Randall Odem (retired) works in 1 office at

4444 Forest Park Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63108

[Dr. Randall Odem] He was very straight forward during our tele conference. He was very friendly and seemed postive that we would have success without any issues...The only treatment startegies we tried after my miscarriage were to try Clomid. Although I have always ovulated every month, we thought this might give the sperm an extra target
[nurse of Washington University School of Medicine] They were always quick to return phone calls and answer any questions I had...The front office staff was always very friendly and kind. They were helpful with appointments and payments. The was one issue when the price for IUI had increased and we were not aware until the day of our appointment which was very frustrating, given how expensive it is in the first place.
How was your experience with Randall Odem (retired) at Washington University School of Medicine?
He was very straight forward during our tele conference. He was very friendly and seemed postive that we would have success without any issues. That was the only time we met Dr. Odem. Our phsycial visits to the office, which is a 3 hour drive, was always pleasant however we never met Dr. Odem face to face.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randall Odem (retired) at Washington University School of Medicine?
I was frustrated that because I have had a postive pregnancy in the past, that Dr. Odem and other doctor's I have seen, thought it would be easy for me to get pregnant, even after having multiple unsuccessful attempts.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randall Odem (retired) at Washington University School of Medicine?
Only met with Dr Odem once during my care, when we had our tele conference for my conselatiation. He was very straight forward and was positive that we would have a very easy time getting pregnant. His office staff was always very friendly and so were the 3/4 doctors we saw for our IUIs.
Describe the protocols Randall Odem (retired) used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
The only treatment startegies we tried after my miscarriage were to try Clomid. Although I have always ovulated every month, we thought this might give the sperm an extra target. However, after several unsuccessful months of IUIs, Dr. Odem was unwilling to further evaluations because I have had a positive pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Washington University School of Medicine.
Although I cannot remember their names, I was always pleased to speak with Dr. Odem's nurses. They were always quick to return phone calls and answer any questions I had.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The front office staff was always very friendly and kind. They were helpful with appointments and payments. The was one issue when the price for IUI had increased and we were not aware until the day of our appointment which was very frustrating, given how expensive it is in the first place. Other than that, the staff was always kind and helpful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randall Odem (retired) at Washington University School of Medicine.
There was a fee for our teleconference with Dr Odem, although I do not remember exactly how much, maybe around $100. The IUI itself was more expensive around $450.
Randall Odem (retired)
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr Odem is very knowledgeable and very thorough. I trust his experience and opinions. It felt, at times, that what we talked about and what was communicated to the nurses and staff was not on the same page. ... I used a microdose Lupron flare protocol with very high doses of Menopur and gonal f. I ended up with a cancelled cycle and moving forward with an IUI instead due to poor response to the medications.
There is poor comic nation between the doctor and staff [at Wash U]. I was told I could start the IVF cycle on my next cycle and when I called the nurse wondering about what I needed to do, it was not known that I would be on the next cycle. They lacked direction and communication on what the proper steps are and how their flow works.... the monitoring times felt like a heard of cattle waiting to move from one room to the next.
Dr Odem is very knowledgeable and very thorough. I trust his experience and opinions. It felt, at times, that what we talked about and what was communicated to the nurses and staff was not on the same page. I very much respect Dr Odem and feel he is a great doctor but I did not feel he was the best doctor for treating a patient with Diminished Ovarian Reserve.
You need to be your own advocate in this clinic.
I rarely saw Dr Odem and the monitoring times felt like a heard of cattle waiting to move from one room to the next.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Crystal)
My coordinator was amazing and very compassionate. Crystal helped me navigate all of the steps needed.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
There is poor comic nation between the doctor and staff. I was told I could start the IVF cycle on my next cycle and when I called the nurse wondering about what I needed to do, it was not known that I would be on the next cycle. They lacked direction and communication on what the proper steps are and how their flow works.
Nothing specific
Describe Randall Odem (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
No comment