5.3

Randle Corfman works at

12000 Elm Creek Blvd. N.
Maple Grove, MN 55369

2018 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Corfman is open and straight forward but also talks to you like a person and does what he can to make you feel as comfortable as possible. He has no problem taking the time to address and concerns and questions he has the ability to answer...We were given all the options available to us with explanations. We wanted to try IUI with timed intercourse as it was by far the least expensive option and we had no reason to believe it wouldn't work. After a few rounds of that we moved to IVF because we just were not getting result with IUI and there was nothing pointing to my eggs being a problem or being an inhospitable environment
[the Midwest Center nurses] were always friendly and did what they could to make you feel comfortable. The voice mails were always very direct and informative. I did however have a few times that I believe they could have provided more info and/or suggestions for issues I would bring up at appointments...Strengths are friendliness and compassion where appropriate. High success rates from my understanding
How was your experience with Randle Corfman at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randle Corfman at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health?
Ask every question that comes to mind, non of them are stupid and he will not make you feel like they are.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randle Corfman at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health?
I think he was very professional, wanted to make sure that all questions were answered and that you were comfortable the whole way through but I think there
Describe the protocols Randle Corfman used in your cycles at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
Other than endometriosis and a missing fallopian tube due to prior ectopic pregnancy I had unexplained infertility. We were given all the options available to us with explanations. We wanted to try IUI with timed intercourse as it was by far the least expensive option and we had no reason to believe it wouldn't work. After a few rounds of that we moved to IVF because we just were not getting result with IUI and there was nothing pointing to my eggs being a problem or being an inhospitable environment. After learning some things about how my eggs responded to my husbands sperm it was decided that we could either do another round with my eggs with the ICSY procedure and hope for better results or we could move to donor eggs. We opted for donor eggs because a current donor at the clinic had success with donating and that couple having a successful pregnancy so we wanted our best best and hoped for more eggs to be able to freeze for potential future children. We were successful with the donor egg, unfortunately only 2 reached a mature stage so we did not have any to freeze but we were blessed with a beautiful baby boy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
They were always friendly and did what they could to make you feel comfortable. The voice mails were always very direct and informative. I did however have a few times that I believe they could have provided more info and/or suggestions for issues I would bring up at appointments. If I called for specific questions they were great about answering but when I went in for blood draws and brought up something they often just shrugged it off like it was normal. I have no way of knowing now if that is why our first round of IVF was unsuccessful or not.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Strengths are friendliness and compassion where appropriate. High success rates from my understanding. And pretty well organized as far as I could tell. Weaknesses would just be I think responding and asking appropriate questions from the patient to address concerns even if they seem to just be mentioning something - if it seems to have anything to do with reactions to the medications or process they should show interest to potentially provide suggestions or something.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randle Corfman at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
I don't recall the costs exactly but I think it a few thousand dollars. IVF round 1 was around $21000 and round 3 with donor eggs was $32000. this was between all procedures, monitoring and medications.
What specific things went wrong at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
When I brought up issues with the progesterone shots in clinic the nurses just shrugged it off and didn't provide any suggestions. When that round of IVF was unsuccessful and we went in to talk with Dr. about it and met with another nurse she mentioned that there were other options which no one informed us of until after the cycle was over.

2020, Consult
Dr. Corfman made us feel important and hopeful from the minute he stepped into the room! He was able to provide us detailed explanation to understand what may have been the cause of our problems...He was honest in explaining all details moving forward including timelines, risks, and costs.
This clinic [at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health] has everything one might need. They have amazing staff of every level and all staff present to be compassionate and willing to help however they can...they return any calls within minutes, they also provide clear answers and explanation
Dr. Corfman made us feel important and hopeful from the minute he stepped into the room! He was able to provide us detailed explanation to understand what may have been the cause of our problems and what hope we could have for our future. He was honest in explaining all details moving forward including timelines, risks, and costs. And he spent time to build a relationship and connection to us.
Have faith and put your trust in your care with him. He has the knowledge and compassion to help you through such an emotional journey.
Dr. Corfman was absolutely amazing. He took the time to build a connection with my husband and myself and explained in detail everything we wanted to know. He was honest with us and forthcoming. He also gave us hope!
We have only had a consultation at this time and are scheduling to move forward in September hopefully.
Every interaction we have had with the nursing staff has been extremely helpful. Not only do they return any calls within minutes, they also provide clear answers and explanation to all questions we have had. They have worked closely with our local health care providers to assist with all services as well. These ladies are so friendly and always willing to help!
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
This clinic has everything one might need. They have amazing staff of every level and all staff present to be compassionate and willing to help however they can! While the clinic isn’t in it’s own building, it’s location provides you privacy and it’s almost helpful for nerves to walk into a building where the minute you walk in, everyone doesn’t know exactly why you are there.
Initial cost is around 10,000 which covers the majority of the services. There are some additional clinic costs, freezing embryo costs, testing, etc. Estimated final cost depending on what services are needed around 18,000-25,000
Describe Randle Corfman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
I believe Dr. Corfman was very informative in explaining our options and provided us facts and things to think about regarding single versus multiple transfer.
Maple Grove

[Dr. Randle Corfman] He takes time and explained everything to me. He answered my questions and even suggested a new OBGYN when I said I was looking for one...On my first appointment we looked at the whole picture and all the potential forks in the road. From there, we did a whole list of tests to understand where I was hormone-wise, PCOS-wise and determined where I go from there.
the wait times [at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health] are really short and the appointment times have been really convenient. I always feel like I can ask questions and get answers that make sense to me at my knowledge level...My insurance doesn’t cover the treatment, so I paid out of pocket: Baseline Ultrasound - $350 Mid-cycle Ultrasound- $275 Insemination- $440
Dr. Corfman and his entire staff are incredibly kind. They take a scary, exciting, and emotional process and treat you like you’re the most special patient and that their whole job is to only help you. I feel so comfortable there.
If you have questions- ask. Everyone there is happy to help, no matter if you’ve asked before or need something explained again.
He takes time and explained everything to me. He answered my questions and even suggested a new OBGYN when I said I was looking for one. He had to do this 20 times a week and he still treated me like he had time to listen and answer patiently.
On my first appointment we looked at the whole picture and all the potential forks in the road. From there, we did a whole list of tests to understand where I was hormone-wise, PCOS-wise and determined where I go from there. Based on those results (low on some hormones, no PCOS)- we went with medicated cycles with a trigger shot before insemination. For my second round, we continued the same but changed the trigger and insemination dates. I’m in the two-week wait now and will re-evaluate if I don’t get a positive test on this one.
So kind!! Since I mostly meet with them, their patience and compassion is key.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Everyone is so nice! Also, the wait times are really short and the appointment times have been really convenient. I always feel like I can ask questions and get answers that make sense to me at my knowledge level.
Maple Grove
Dr. Corfman allowed us to choose between single or multiple and we choice to implant two embryos...He actually read and studied my lab work. He may seem a bit "old school" but he is so knowledgeable. He was great during our egg retrieval and transfer as he was very compassionate...We originally wanted to complete PGT testing but he recommended a fresh transfer. We transferred two embryos and were successful.
The monitoring appointments [at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health] were conducted at a satellite clinic in my area...The nursing staff was fabulous event though it was a voicemail operated form of communication...When we had challenges with medication from a pharmacy they advocated for us...We mostly doctored at the satellite clinic in my area which has a great technician that completed the ultrasounds and blood work
Dr. Corfman is very intelligent. I had a history of going to a clinic in my area and they would neve explore any underlining medical conditions that could be associated with my infertility. Then we met with Dr. Corman who diagnosed me with PCOS after years of being undiagnosed. He actually read and studied my lab work. He may seem a bit "old school" but he is so knowledgeable. He was great during our egg retrieval and transfer as he was very compassionate.
Ask questions about previous lab work or assessments and get his perspective. He will take time to review and give you an honest answer. I liked that he was honest from the get go.
From the first time working with Dr. Corfman he had a wonderful bedside manner and was willing to answer any questions that he had. We never felt rushed when talking with him or asking him questions. When we would call the nurse line the nurses would know our chart and had a friendly demeanor.
After several failed IUI's at another clinic we transferred services to Dr. Corfman. I was diagnosed with PCOS and started on metformin right away. We wanted to move on to IVF but recommended that we complete 1 IUI cycle. The IUI cycle failed and we moved on to egg retrieval and transfer. We completed an egg retrieval in Maple Grove but had monitoring done at a satellite clinic in my area. We originally wanted to complete PGT testing but he recommended a fresh transfer. We transferred two embryos and were successful.
The nursing staff was fabulous event though it was a voicemail operated form of communication. They were very prompt in getting back and they treated me like a human. When we had challenges with medication from a pharmacy they advocated for us! This is so unheard of with any medical facility.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
We mostly doctored at the satellite clinic in my area which has a great technician that completed the ultrasounds and blood work. We only went to the clinic in Maple Grove twice. The clinic was clean, organized, and inviting. The transfer process was relaxing and used a lot of mindfulness approaches which I appreciated.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
The monitoring appointments were conducted at a satellite clinic in my area. The clinic was very small and knew us by name. The ultrasound technician was great to work with along with the nursing staff.
Our cost with IVF and fresh transfer was around 15,000 plus more for medication.

2016 - 2019, Successful
Honestly I have never felt more comfortable with a doctor. From the very beginning he [Dr. Randle Corfman] was very open and honest...I live in a separate state so a lot of our communication was through his satellite nurses or phone calls with his nurse...He always remembered me and my husband, remembered little details like what we did for work and where we live. He also took his time during our visits and didn’t rush me through.
Everyone was so compassionate and reassuring [at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health]...it was suggested that I do injections with IVF. I had my egg retrieval and 3 days later placed 2 embryos, 1 took and I have a 3 year old daughter...IVF (retrieval + transfer) was approx $12,000 Meds $5000 Ultrasounds were $250 each time (It’s important to note that I had NO infertility coverage through my insurance)
Honestly I have never felt more comfortable with a doctor. From the very beginning he was very open and honest as well as his nurses. I live in a separate state so a lot of our communication was through his satellite nurses or phone calls with his nurse. Everyone was so compassionate and reassuring.
To lean in and trust him. At sometimes it might seem overwhelming but he knows what he is doing and has your best interest at heart
I felt like a HUMAN. He always remembered me and my husband, remembered little details like what we did for work and where we live. He also took his time during our visits and didn’t rush me through.
It started off with trying multiple pills (clomid, letrozole) those unfortunately did not work. We eventually moved on to injectables (menupor) which I had great success with ! I used injections and did an IUI, I got a positive test however it was ectopic. I then did another cycle of injections and had to cancel my IUI because I had produced too many follicles(eggs). Finally it was suggested that I do injections with IVF. I had my egg retrieval and 3 days later placed 2 embryos, 1 took and I have a 3 year old daughter. This past October we used our last 2 embryos but unfortunately they did not take. I’m currently checking into doing the whole process again.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Very clean, private, and friendly I did not spend much time in the clinic in Minnesota as I was at a satellite clinic. But it’s very nice, welcoming and they are all very caring. Everything flows and never a long wait time
Maple Grove

Provided you are healthy and have a strong support system, Dr. Corfman is an advocate for transferring 2 embryos. His comment to us was, “you’d rather go home with two than with none” and we agreed...As an out of state patient, my first time meeting Dr. Corfman was the day of my retrieval. He came in and talked with my husband and I as regular people; suggested places to visit or eat before even discussing the procedure ahead. He was so down to earth and genuine.
My husband and I were blown away at how seamless our 2 visits (retrieval day & transfer day) to the clinic [Midwest Center for Reproductive Health] were. Every single person we encountered (nurses, embryologist, Dr. C, front desk staff) was so kind...My IVF coordinator was Tiffany. She was fabulous to work with. She’s very honest and straightforward and I very much appreciated that. Once the logistics of my cycle were sorted out, I talked to/heard from many other nurses. They were all very kind and patient with me. They all were very knowledgeable regarding me as a patient.
Just trust him. I wish I would have let my guard down sooner and trusted that he had my best interest in mind. I would have saved myself a lot of stress.
Everyone from the front desk staff to Dr. Corfman himself were so genuine.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany)
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
My husband and I were blown away at how seamless our 2 visits (retrieval day & transfer day) to the clinic were. Every single person we encountered (nurses, embryologist, Dr. C, front desk staff) was so kind.
My monitoring appointments were done with my local Family Nurse Practitioner. Her office would then send result to the Mid-West Center.
Approximately $12,000 prepayment for retrieval and transfer Approximately $4,000-$6,000 for medications Approximately $1,000-$3,000 for unforeseen costs (ie. thawing of back up semen, etc)
Maple Grove

He thoroughly looked over my chart and finally diagnosed me with PCOS after 2 years of treatment with my OBGYN and a miscarriage. He knew everything about me and my history and came in with a thorough plan and the information to back it up.... He makes me feel like I have a chance in this journey because he doesn’t sugarcoat anything. He is honest and candid and I want that and appreciate it.
Strength is always answering and calling me back immediately. The front desk staff [Midwest Ctr for Repro Health] are friendly and warm. They open really early in the morning so you don’t have to take time away from your work day. Weakness is sometimes it takes months to get an initial appointment.... I appreciate they have a “live birth guarantee” with IVF. This means if you don’t have a life birth you can get a large amount of money back.
He is knowledgeable and has backup for everything he does. He even will joke with you to make you more at ease. He makes me feel like I have a chance in this journey because he doesn’t sugarcoat anything. He is honest and candid and I want that and appreciate it.
Don’t hesitate at all to give your care to this doctor.
He thoroughly looked over my chart and finally diagnosed me with PCOS after 2 years of treatment with my OBGYN and a miscarriage. He knew everything about me and my history and came in with a thorough plan and the information to back it up. He made personal connections to me by really getting to know who I was as a person. I left feeling finally heard and understood after two very long, lonely and painful years of infertility.
He used medications that I needed based on blood work and history and not just guessing what might possibly help. I appreciated that cause I want to know these things too.
Even when I would come in for a blood sample they knew everything about my cycle and my chart. They always called me back ASAP when I left a message.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Strength is always answering and calling me back immediately. The front desk staff are friendly and warm. They open really early in the morning so you don’t have to take time away from your work day. Weakness is sometimes it takes months to get an initial appointment.
Basic costs of medication and cycles were in line with what other clinics charged per cycle. I appreciate they have a “live birth guarantee” with IVF. This means if you don’t have a life birth you can get a large amount of money back. That helps ease a lot of fears and worries with IVF.
None

IUI With Other Docs
my body took well to one of the hormones - so I was able to adjust my course as necessary as my eggs were growing well/big at the time. I ended up not using about half of the medication was prescribed [by Dr. Corfman]...He made sure it was our choice but told us the possibility of them splitting, etc. We chose to place two. and both took. He made sure to tell me that he thought I was healthy enough to place two and that if twins or triplets were an option, that my body should/would be healthy enough to handle that choice and if he didn't think so, that he would have encouraged us to only place one embryo.
They [nurses at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health] were all extremely empathetic, compassionate, and humbled...I had all my monitoring appointments at a separate satellite location...It cost us well over 20,000 out of pocket for our procedure. We opted for the VIP program which was more than the standard 17,800 plus then you had to pay for your medications separately resulting in about 8,000 - 9,000 in medications alone on top of the rest.
After the transfer, the dr corfman stayed. He had already done his job... but he didn't immediately leave. For about five minutes he held mine and Andrews hand. He told us he had a good feeling. That he hoped he wouldn't have to see us again. And then, before he left us to be together as parents, he said "they are yours now." That stuck with me in ways you cannot imagine. He was down to earth. Funny when he needed to be lighthearted. Serious when he needed to be. And walked us through everything.
Go to him.
He was patient and kind and took the time to answer any and all questions. After our transfer, he stayed and held our hands and talked to us when he didn't have to as his job was done. He told us he had a good feeling and hoped he wouldn't have to see us again.
The only thing I really remember is that my body took well to one of the hormones - so I was able to adjust my course as necessary as my eggs were growing well/big at the time. I ended up not using about half of the medication was prescribed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: It was Dr. Corfman's daughter in law.)
They were all extremely empathetic, compassionate, and humbled.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
The ONLY thing I disliked is the waiting room. When you are going through infertility, you are constantly in waiting rooms with others - who may or may not be going through the same thing as you. Some who are already pregnant. Some who are trying. Some who have lost. I wish that in this case, when your emotions are already so high and that you have already been on this journey so long - that the waiting room would have separate rooms for each family. So that you can wait, grieve, be in excitement, etc together without others around.
I had all my monitoring appointments at a separate satellite location.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Corfman tells us what he would suggest to his own family members if they were in our shoes. He always makes sure we understand what he’s saying and listens to our concerns.... Our 5 treatment cycles were IUI. All were unsuccessful. We met with Dr. Corfman to discuss what to do next and he suggested donor eggs. Initially, we did not want to even consider using donor eggs as we were already using donor sperm. We asked if he would sign off on paperwork for us to try ICI at home and he did. After 5 more failed tries, we found ourselves back in his office. Time was not on our side. I was getting older (as are my eggs) and my wife did not have promising numbers. He was very sympathetic to our situation but made sure we were aware of all of our options. We could try IVF with my eggs and possibly experience expensive heartache or we could consider IVF with donor eggs and have our family.
They’re [the nurses at Midwest Center for Repro Health] great communicators. They would always get back to me when they said they would if I had concerns. They perform most of the procedures and always made me feel comfortable during them.... I feel like this clinic may have a bad reputation because Dr. Corfman does not have a soft bedside manner. I appreciate his knowledge, honesty, and professionalism while being under his care. He is a great doctor and has surrounded himself with a very caring staff.
I was hesitant to use Dr. Corfman at first because a lot of our care was performed by nurses as he is often out of the office at satellite locations. However, his nurses were amazing. One of my treatments was scheduled on a weekend during a huge snowstorm. Dr. Corfman performed the procedure himself so his staff would not have to come to the office in hazardous conditions.
If you’re looking for someone to look out for your best interests, he will be honest with you and not beat around the bush. He truly wants his patients to be successful.
They’re great communicators. They would always get back to me when they said they would if I had concerns. They perform most of the procedures and always made me feel comfortable during them.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Some of my care was covered by insurance but for all of the treatments I was provided, the business office was very good at providing cost information ahead of time and issued me any refunds when necessary.
We haven’t transferred eggs yet, but when we were doing IUI, Dr. Corfman discussed the possibility of multiples and asked us to think about selective reduction in the event of four or more embryos. Because of my age, 38, all of our IVF conversations have been about implanting at least two embryos.
Maple Grove

One thing I do wish is that there would be a more holistic approach to the treatments [with Dr. Randle Corfman]. I have done a lot of research on my own with using supplements and making lifestyle changes. It’s not that Dr. Corfman is against those approaches, they just aren’t encompassed in the treatment plan and don’t seem to hold much importance there...does a wonderful job at explaining everything and was amazing with the actual procedures which are generally very uncomfortable.
Nursing staff [at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health] was wonderful. Timely responses always. Very patient with me when I would call with all kinds of questions. Very knowledgeable nurses...recommends transferring 1-2 embryos depending on a number of variables...I really wish the clinic would have an email or messaging system. It is inconvenient to use only telephone communication especially with my full time job. I am rarely able to get to my cell phone at work and I feel messaging would work much better. They do set a personal voicemail system up for nurses to call with progress updates and medication instructions which is nice.
Dr. Corfman does a wonderful job at explaining everything and was amazing with the actual procedures which are generally very uncomfortable. There was absolutely no pain or discomfort during my embryo transfer and the egg retrieval was a bit uncomfortable, as to be expected, but tolerable by all means (This clinic uses conscious sedation so I was awake and do remember my retrieval). Although we did not get the outcome we were praying for, Dr. Corfman was very honest and upfront with the not so great odds we were up against and gave ya all our options. One thing I do wish is that there would be a more holistic approach to the treatments. I have done a lot of research on my own with using supplements and making lifestyle changes. It’s not that Dr. Corfman is against those approaches, they just aren’t encompassed in the treatment plan and don’t seem to hold much importance there.
As with any infertility doctor, go in to it open minded. You have to trust the process. I had to go through a failed cycle to find out my egg quality is the problem.. now we are on to deciding what’s next.
Dr. Corfman has a great bedside manner. He is excellent at explaining the ins and outs of IVF.
I used the regular protocol there. I started by taking birth control for a month or so and then on to stim meds. It included ovarian stimulation meds such as Gonal F and trigger shot Pregnyl. I used ganrilex acetate to prevent ovulation before the retrieval. I did have Lupron at home on standby in case my estrogen levels spiked too high but I never had to use the Lupeon protocol. I used progesterone suppositories twice a day following the transfer, I believe those start before transfer if the lupron protocol is given. That’s all I can remember off hand without my list in front of me.
Nursing staff was wonderful. Timely responses always. Very patient with me when I would call with all kinds of questions. Very knowledgeable nurses.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
We haven’t gotten our total bill yet. It was around $20,000 for one cycle of IVF fresh transfer, no frozen embryos.
My clinic recommends transferring 1-2 embryos depending on a number of variables.
What specific things went wrong at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health?
I had the wrong medication instruction left on my voicemail. It was not a big deal in this case luckily because I had already recieved the correct instructions prior. So when I heard this differing instruction I called the nurse to clarify and she did clarify right away that she had misspoke and we made sure that I had the correct information.
2015 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Corfman did a great job making us feel like we were his only patient. He took the time to answer all of our questions and explain things so we understood them. He was careful to give hope without overpromising...is a fast-talker and very smart, but if I ever got lost he would take the time to explain everything clearly. He walked through each step, explaining why each step was important and what changes we would make if necessary. When we faced a miscarriage he was so compassionate and kind and let us take the time we needed.
[Midwest Center for Reproductive Health has] Easy access, with lots of availability for appointments. I liked that the clinic had everything in one building so there wasn’t any running around town. Convenient hours made all of the appointments easy to fit around my work schedule...[The nurses were] Very friendly, supportive and encouraging. They were very empathetic when a cycle ended up negative...Each IUI was approximately $1000
Dr Corfman is a fast-talker and very smart, but if I ever got lost he would take the time to explain everything clearly. He walked through each step, explaining why each step was important and what changes we would make if necessary. When we faced a miscarriage he was so compassionate and kind and let us take the time we needed.
Be prepared with what you want to know. Ask lots of questions and trust his judgment. He has purpose behind every decision. It may make it feel like it it is taking forever but the process works!
We started with two months of birth control to reset hormones. He also encourages an HSG for diagnostic purposes initially but for treatment after our first baby. On day 1-3 there is an ultrasound to ensure the health of the lining and uterus. Days 3-10 or so I took letrazole to stimulate the follicles. Around day 10 I had an ultrasound to check the maturity of the follicles. Dr Corfman would decide if more time was needed or if we were ready for the IUI. Two days before the IUI I would do a trigger shot and intercourse was recommended. Two days later my husband went in to give his sample and then I went in a few hours later for the IUI. Two weeks later we did a blood test and if positive two days later another blood test was done. If still positive, we scheduled an ultrasound for two weeks later.
Each IUI was approximately $1000
2015 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Corfman is very intelligent and to the point. He explains things in detail when asked which was very helpful. I feel that he was invested in our treatments and with each failed attempt he grieved with us. He was honest in saying he didn’t know why we weren’t successful and referred us to colleagues for a second opinion. In the end we stayed with him and his clinic because we trusted them and didn’t believe we would have different outcomes somewhere else.
The clinic [Midwest Ctr for Reproductive Health] runs like a well oiled machine. They keep you updated on new appointments and what is the next step in the process.... The nurses are easy to get a hold of and return calls quickly. Everyone was friendly and approachable. We had one lab charged which was not performed and I kept receiving bills for it.... They also only do retrievals and tranfers a few times a year so you may have to wait to start treatment depending on the date.
Don’t give up and try to second guess every decision.
I spent 3 years trying to become pregnant with treatments from Dr. Corfman. We had 3 failed attempts and Dr. Corfman and staff were very supportive. When we finally had a positive result, Dr. Corfman shared tears of joy with us.
I used follistem and menoper for stimulation along with ganerelex. I did not have a successful fresh transfer. With our frozen transfer - we used lupron along with progesterone injections and suppositories and estrogen injections.
The staff were all very compassionate. The skill level varied from nurse to nurse but overall they were all very knowledgeable in what they were doing.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
The clinic runs like a well oiled machine. They keep you updated on new appointments and what is the next step in the process. They worked with my schedule for ultrasounds which included coming before the clinic was officially open. The nurses are easy to get a hold of and return calls quickly. Everyone was friendly and approachable. We had one lab charged which was not performed and I kept receiving bills for it. It took a few calls before it was resolved completely. They also only do retrievals and tranfers a few times a year so you may have to wait to start treatment depending on the date.
Each fresh cycle had a base rate of around 10,000 which did not include meds or monitoring. Each frozen had a base of around 6,000.
Our embryos were rated and we transferred the top 2 each time.

IUI With Other Docs
Everyone was kind and professional [at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health]... we did all our monitoring at a satellite clinic, but when we went to see Dr. Corfman for the egg retrieval and then the transfer, we were called back quickly, there were no other people in the waiting room, or in the clinic from what I could see, so it didn't feel like I was in an assembly line and we had some amount of privacy in the waiting room.
Dr. Corfman was very to the point but was never unkind or rude. He was very knowledgeable about our case in particular from the first visit and is actually the one who diagnosed me with PCOS. I had 6 IUIs with my OB doctor and he never diagnosed me with PCOS, when I asked he would say I don't fit the profile. Dr. Corfman was able to tell from my ultrasounds alone that I had PCOS. He drew many diagrams to help explain the process for what they would do in my situation. When I told him we were in a time crunch and wanted to proceed with IVF instead of trying some other things first, as we were getting ready to move in a few months and the insurance I had at the time covered part of IVF, he said they would get me in before we moved, and they did. My husband even liked Dr. Corfman, and he doesn't like any doctors.
I read some of the other reviews who said that he was somewhat blunt, but keep in mind the reason you are seeing him is that you want a baby. Dr. Corfman is very good at what he does. His success rates are well over the national average.
Dr. Corfman's office definitely had a set protocol that they followed, but they always reviewed my lab results and my ultrasounds and tailored my protocol to me.
Always returned my calls the same day (or the next day if I called late in the afternoon). We did all my monitoring via a satellite clinic, so the nurse had to give me all my instructions over the phone, and she was very detailed and precise and answered all my questions. It was a lot of information and she explained it very well.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Like I said previously, we did all our monitoring at a satellite clinic, but when we went to see Dr. Corfman for the egg retrieval and then the transfer, we were called back quickly, there were no other people in the waiting room, or in the clinic from what I could see, so it didn't feel like I was in an assembly line and we had some amount of privacy in the waiting room. Everyone was kind and professional.
We had a down payment of around $11,000. Meds did not cost us anything since my insurance at the time paid for all of the meds. My insurance covered some of the IVF, so we got some money refunded to us and ended up paying about $9,000 out of pocket. Probably would have been close to $20,000 if we didn't have insurance.

2012 - 2014, Unknown Success
IUI With Other Docs
From our first phone consult to the time we met Dr. Corfman we felt he was very knowledgeable. He was blunt, but presented the information in a compassionate way. We had to travel to see him, so we did not even meet Dr. Corfman until we did our egg retrieval. We still felt that he took an interest in our case and did not bow off our concerns...He is blunt and does not sugar coat things. We prefer this approach so it worked for us. The clinic is a small one and we liked that.
Our monitoring appointments were done at a satellite clinic near our home. The results were then sent to Dr. Corfman. We did not do anything at the clinic until our egg retrieval and transfer. This was convenient for us...The nursing staff at the clinic was amazing. We had a phone messaging system that was used...They did a good job of scheduling and making sure we did not see anyone else in the office at the same time. This made us feel like the attention was on us and we did not feel rushed.
We were always treated like human beings and not numbers. They did a good job of scheduling and making sure we did not see anyone else in the office at the same time. This made us feel like the attention was on us and we did not feel rushed.
After multiple failed IUIs we moved on to IVF with Dr. Corfman. We did IVF in 2012 and I think it was a pretty standard protocol. The side effects were not terrible for me. I did get pretty uncomfortable just before the egg retrieval. I did like that I was awake for the retrieval so I was able to see what was going on. Unfortunately we only got 5 eggs from all the follicles I produced. Dr. Corfman was not concerned about this and all 5 embryos made it to day 3.
The nursing staff at the clinic was amazing. We had a phone messaging system that was used. We saw a nurse practitioner at a satellite clinic for the majority of our treatment. She was amazing and we continue to see her.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
The number one thing we liked about the clinic is that it is small. There was only one time that we saw another couple. We also liked that we were able to stay in our community and go to a satellite clinic for a lot of the care. When we did get to Maple Grove the staff knew who we were and had never met us before, this made us a little more relaxed.
I do not remember what we ended up paying. We were lucky that our insurance covered a part of the IVF.
2009 - 2013, Successful
IUI With Other Docs
He [Dr. Randle Corfman] was thorough and explained everything he was doing/planned to do. He was up front about our chances to conceive. He also gave tips on how to improve fertility while preparing for cycle (i.e. weight loss, vitamins to take to prepare for pregnancy, tips for male fertility, etc.).. He would provide follow-up calls, if necessary, himself. He also took the time to answer any questions you had.
The clinic [Midwest Center for Reproductive Health] did not allow children out of consideration for others. It also allowed for a quieter, more calm environment. It was about an hour away so we liked doing testing and monitoring at our local clinic and only actual retrieval and transfer at the fertility clinic.... It was about $17,000 for the fresh cycle but that excluded all monitoring because it was done locally and insurance covered it. The frozen transfers were about $3000 each.
He was thorough and explained everything he was doing/planned to do. He was up front about our chances to conceive. He also gave tips on how to improve fertility while preparing for cycle (i.e. weight loss, vitamins to take to prepare for pregnancy, tips for male fertility, etc.)
Dr. Corfman is very upfront and straightforward. Sometimes that can be hard news but you can feel confident in the answers he provides you and your chances of conceiving.
It has been too long to remember specific drugs used, but I know I had quite a few of them. There were drugs to prevent ovulation prior to the egg retrieval, drugs to increase the number of eggs produced, drugs to improve the lining, and an antibiotic for day of retrieval to prevent infection. I also had to take progesterone to support the (potential) pregnancies. Suppositories the first time and both suppositories and injectable progesterone on subsequent transfers. I tried metformin to help with the PCOS but I had a side effect of swollen corneas and could not continue.
They were also good at explaining everything that was going on. You felt that they genuinely wanted you to succeed in achieving a pregnancy. With my first pregnancy they called back with the HCG results and you could hear her excitement in the levels. They made sure I was comfortable during all procedures. They also did a great job coordinating with my local clinic for basic testing and training monitoring of cycles.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
The clinic did not allow children out of consideration for others. It also allowed for a quieter, more calm environment. It was about an hour away so we liked doing testing and monitoring at our local clinic and only actual retrieval and transfer at the fertility clinic.
They were at my local clinic rather than the fertility clinic.
2012, Successful
Initially we were really impressed with the care and the clinic [Midwest Center]. We had the feeling Dr Corfman and his staff really cared about our well-being. Around the time and after transfer, though, when we had questions and concerns, they were more condescending and paternalistic. They were less willing to provide requested information...We did donor egg here...We went in fully prepared to transfer 2 embryos. Dr Corfman advised us to transfer one. We decided to transfer one but when we got to transfer day, the recommendation to transfer two was on the written recommendations. That was confusing. Otherwise the instructions were clear and organized.
We really liked... the staff [MW Center for Repro Health], but were disappointed in the attitude around and after transfer. The attitude really seemed paternalistic and dismissive..Initially we were really impressed with the care and the clinic... Around the time and after transfer, though, when we had questions and concerns, they were more condescending and paternalistic. They were less willing to provide requested information...Julie Johnson was really fabulous. So were the rest of the nursing and support staff. But when a couple issues arose, I got the impression they were being directed to be less than forthcoming.
Initially we were really impressed with the care and the clinic. They spent a lot of time with us answering questions and concerns. Around the time and after transfer, though, they were more condescending and paternalistic. Our results were great though; we brought home our baby :)
Don't expect a lot of information around and after the time of transfer
Initially we were really impressed with the care and the clinic. We had the feeling Dr Corfman and his staff really cared about our well-being. Around the time and after transfer, though, when we had questions and concerns, they were more condescending and paternalistic. They were less willing to provide requested information.
We did donor egg here. We did bring home our baby after one cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Julie Johnson)
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Their results are really good. Which ultimately is what we wanted :) We really liked Dr Corfman and the staff, but were disappointed in the attitude around and after transfer. The attitude really seemed paternalistic and dismissive. Prior to that time we had not experienced that, except around some financial issues that had not been clear to us (we may have misunderstood). Ultimately the cycle ended up being less costly than we were quoted though.
I don't remember the details, but it was less than we were quoted. We were told, however, that we could pay by credit card, but not warned that they would charge an extra fee (something like 5%)

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Started with IUI and [Dr. Randle Corfman] treated me like I had an immune disease and clotting disorder so I took baby aspirin and then Lovenox during my cycles. Also used Metformin for PCOS...He is a very smart doctor and provides excellent care!...was wonderful at drawing everything out to see and ask questions. Talked to you like his own children. He took the time to answer questions and you never felt rushed to leave. He always reviewed your chart and asked you what your thoughts were for next steps.
We were told in our follow up letter [from Midwest Center for Reproductive Health] that they had called to tell us that our embryos were “abnormal” and that we told them to go ahead and do genetic testing anyways... COMPLETELY did not do that. They called and said we had 2 fertilized embryos one was “great” quality and one was “good” and asked us if we wanted to proceed... and of course we did. Never were we told that it wasn’t a good idea to proceed or we never would have.
Corfman was wonderful at drawing everything out to see and ask questions. Talked to you like his own children. He took the time to answer questions and you never felt rushed to leave. He always reviewed your chart and asked you what your thoughts were for next steps.
Come prepared to ask questions and write them down.
He is a very smart doctor and provides excellent care!
Started with IUI and treated me like I had an immune disease and clotting disorder so I took baby aspirin and then Lovenox during my cycles. Also used Metformin for PCOS.
Wonderful and cheerful! Always willing to answer questions and care a lot!
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Busy clinic. Not open on Sundays. I’m a large building with many other clinics. Promptly answer the phone and nurses call you right back when you leave a message which is awesome. Front desk staff is great too!
$13,000 for one frozen cycle IVF not including meds, meds were $6,500 for one retrieval.
What specific things went wrong at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health?
We were told in our follow up letter that they had called to tell us that our embryos were “abnormal” and that we told them to go ahead and do genetic testing anyways... the COMPLETELY did not do that. They called and said we had 2 fertilized embryos one was “great” quality and one was “good” and asked us if we wanted to proceed... and of course we did. Never were we told that it wasn’t a good idea to proceed or we never would have.
Maple Grove
Personable, good at explaining treatments and options and gave realistic expectations in line with SART data. Showed he [Dr. Corfman] reviewed our records and past treatments by his summary of our conditions and thorough understanding of our history. Remembers details of our lives such as things about our family and work.... Thorough, detail oriented and clearly very experienced and knowledgeable. We had worked with multiple REs, and he was the best at describing treatment risks/benefits and giving a full explanation of all options.
This clinic [Midwest Ctr for Reproductive Health] is thorough, experienced and it’s results are good. I wish I would have been referred here first because I think they did everything they could for us to be successful. My only complaints are that I wish they would give updates between retrieval and the day of transfer, and I think it would be less stressful for the patient to do the first beta hcg earlier.... Nursing staff appeared to strictly adhere to protocols. The were knowledgeable about medications and treatments. Did respond to calls/questions promptly but it didn’t seem like was an option to get to talk to Dr. Corfman outside of an appointment. I appreciated that nurses were kind but not unreasonably optimistic about treatments
Thorough, detail oriented and clearly very experienced and knowledgeable. We had worked with multiple REs, and he was the best at describing treatment risks/benefits and giving a full explanation of all options. Realistic statistics and accurate description of evidence based were cited on conversation
Don’t hesitate to make another appointment if struggling with a decision regarding treatment.
Personable, good at explaining treatments and options and gave realistic expectations in line with SART data. Showed he reviewed our records and past treatments by his summary of our conditions and thorough understanding of our history. Remembers details of our lives such as things about our family and work.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
This clinic is thorough, experienced and it’s results are good. I wish I would have been referred here first because I think they did everything they could for us to be successful. My only complaints are that I wish they would give updates between retrieval and the day of transfer, and I think it would be less stressful for the patient to do the first beta hcg earlier.
He gave us both options with a thorough explanation of risks/benefits of both.
Maple Grove
His [Dr. Corfman] strength is in letting patients know their diagnosis in a completely understandable way - in laymen’s terms. He also was very encouraging & positive. Some negatives are that he was maybe a bit too positive that his methods would work for me & they didn’t. That was disappointing since he basically guaranteed they would. ... I was taking letrozole to produce eggs & had to give myself a shot every month to induce ovulation. I also took progesterone & estradiol to help balance my hormones & to ensure that any potential pregnancies would stick.
I don’t know very much about the clinic [Midwest Center for Repro Health] since I was only there once but everyone seemed very friendly. ... All of the staff members I interacted with were polite & helpful. ... They [nursing staff] were so compassionate towards me. They answered all of my many questions with patience and I never felt as though I was a bother to them. They were prompt to return my calls & let me cry on the phone with them if they had to call & tell me I wasn’t pregnant.
His strength is in letting patients know their diagnosis in a completely understandable way - in laymen’s terms. He also was very encouraging & positive. Some negatives are that he was maybe a bit too positive that his methods would work for me & they didn’t. That was disappointing since he basically guaranteed they would.
Take everything he says with hope & gratefulness but also remember that he could be wrong & may not know your diagnosis as well as he thinks.
He listened to me and empathized with me. He took great care to reassure me that I was not alone and could call at anytime with questions or concerns.
They were so compassionate towards me. They answered all of my many questions with patience and I never felt as though I was a bother to them. They were prompt to return my calls & let me cry on the phone with them if they had to call & tell me I wasn’t pregnant.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
I don’t know very much about the clinic since I was only there once but everyone seemed very friendly. The place itself was professional & clean. All of the staff members I interacted with were polite & helpful.
Maple Grove

He [Dr. Randle Corfman] was blunt, but thats what i liked about him. If im spending a lot of money i want the truth not a fairy tale. He was always upfront and honest...He was as caring as he can be while explaining that this doesn't always work. I never felt like he was giving me more hope than i should have but also made sure i knew he would do everything he could to make this happen...I had a heart condition which made corfman decide to only implant 1 embryo. Which i was ok with.
I was allowed [by Midwest Center for Reproductive Health] to do monitoring appointments (lab and ultrasound) in my hometown which made this whole process easier...Egg retrieval and implantation was about 13,000. Meds were about 15,000...I liked they did not allow children at any appointment. Very sensitive to the situation. Front desk staff were also very welcoming. Slightly hard to find the suite but overall it was fine.check in process was simple and easy to follow.
Be ready for a consice and honest consult. No fluff.
He was blunt, but thats what i liked about him. If im spending a lot of money i want the truth not a fairy tale. He was always upfront and honest.
They had a very complicated calendar which a nurse explained in detail to make sure there was no confusion.
I have no issues besides availability, they always got back to me in a timely manor i just would've liked to be able to talk to someone right away.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
I was allowed to do monitoring appointments (lab and ultrasound) in my hometown which made this whole process easier.
Egg retrieval and implantation was about 13,000. Meds were about 15,000

2017, Unknown Success
IUI With Other Docs
He [Dr. Corfman] explained his thoughts with pictures and diagrams. He clearly laid out his plan and asked many times if things made sense.... He explained his plan for us extremely well, but didn't offer natural alternatives and wanted to stick to the plan. He moved through his explaining quickly, but he asked numerous times if we were following.... Hysterosalpingogram Letrozole And trigger shot Metformin IuI Possible semen analysis And IVF if needed
Easy to find and lots of parking. The clinic is clean and welcoming. Appointment times are respected. Phone calls are returned in an appropriate amount of time. Financials are discussed and gone over very thoroughly.... I was previous egg donor at MCRH and the nurses were so nice and comforting. They explained produces thoroughly.... Pre-testing: $376 (per person) IUI: $1200-220 (1) IUI: $7200-13,200 (6) IVF: $19000-20000 (1 FreshET) IVF: $5000-6000 (1 FrozenET) Plus medication costs
He is a fast speaker and very detailed...but he is sincere.
He explained his thoughts with pictures and diagrams. He clearly laid out his plan and asked many times if things made sense.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
We haven't discussed that yet
Maple Grove

Dr. Corfman is amazing. He is caring and really makes you feel comfortable. He explains everything in great detail including drawing diagrams at each appointment to help you to really understand your upcoming treatment...We did 5 cycles where I was taking letrozole. Each of these cycles was unsuccessful. I have done monitoring outside of his clinic at a clinic that is closer to my home. I felt that Dr. Corfman was sure to run necessary tests and mibitorbme closely throughout these cycles...
All of the nurses [at MW Center for Repro Health] are so personable and they really care. They genuinely hope for the best for you so it always feels good after you talk with them...Overall, the clinic is great! It's location is pretty far from our home, but we are willing to travel to get the best care possible...
Dr. Corfman and his staff are extremely personable and caring.
We did 5 cycles where I was taking letrozole. Each of these cycles was unsuccessful. I have done monitoring outside of his clinic at a clinic that is closer to my home. I felt that Dr. Corfman was sure to run necessary tests and mibitorbme closely throughout these cycles. Most recently we completed a cycle of invitro. There were 18 eggs retrieved and 10 of those were mature. Of those 10, 6 fertilized using ICSI and 2 embryos made it to a day 5 fresh transfer. Currently, we are waiting for the results of this cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
All of the nurses are so personable and they really care. They genuinely hope for the best for you so it always feels good after you talk with them.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
We completed our monitoring appointments at a clinic closer to our home.
2015, Successful
He [Dr. Corfman] is super informative and always explained things so I could understand. His one downfall is he can’t be everywhere. So he’s not at every appointment. But I was ok with that for my situation. Also I do think he is a little old school in some of his practices, ie not putting the patient under for egg retrieval, however in my case it worked. Even though it was very very painful.... We did ivf with icsi. We decided on icsi because while doing our iui’s for some reason the eggs weren’t fertilizing. It was a fresh transfer on day 5.
Strengths are the well knowledges staff [Midwest Ctr for Repro Health]. They were able to squeeze me in for our cycle last minute which was great. And they did everything in their power to make that happen. Also they were good with any questions I had and always called me back promptly... Very sweet. Always informative and never made you feel stupid when asking questions.... Our cycle itself was around $14,000 I think. Medications were about $6,000
He is super informative and always explained things so I could understand. His one downfall is he can’t be everywhere. So he’s not at every appointment. But I was ok with that for my situation. Also I do think he is a little old school in some of his practices, ie not putting the patient under for egg retrieval, however in my case it worked. Even though it was very very painful.
He tells it like it is. So be ready for blunt answers. He will tell you like it is.
He was very warm and always explained things so I could understand.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Strengths are the well knowledges staff. They were able to squeeze me in for our cycle last minute which was great. And they did everything in their power to make that happen. Also they were good with any questions I had and always called me back promptly.
Our cycle itself was around $14,000 I think. Medications were about $6,000
At first he recommending transferring two embryos. Then when it came down to it he gave us the choice. We ultimately chose two.
Maple Grove

Dr Corfman is very thorough in his explanations and diagnoses and explains things in a way you will understand. One on one care so you are not rushed or pushed aside. Very compassionate for the issue at hand. ... He diagnosed me with PCOS after previous drs said unexplained. He started me on metformin and femera for iui. He did give me the option to jump right to ivf but we decided to try it a couple more times.
Very clean and well put together. It [Midwest Center for Reproductive Health] is very comforting and the atmosphere is great. Even though it is in a big building it is very secluded on its own for privacy desired. Loved being greeted by the friendly nurses as soon as I walked into the door. ... They usually only have one patient there at a time so you get one on one care from all nurses and dr ...
He diagnosed me with PCOS after previous drs said unexplained. He started me on metformin and femera for iui. He did give me the option to jump right to ivf but we decided to try it a couple more times. Once we decided ivf they put me on birth control a few months to control my cycle and a med so I didn’t get an infection for retrieval. I did a bunch of different shots and meds during the process.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Very clean and well put together. It is very comforting and the atmosphere is great. Even though it is in a big building it is very secluded on its own for privacy desired. Loved being greeted by the friendly nurses as soon as I walked into the door.
2014 - 2015, Successful
Investor
Dr. Corfman is very candid and honest. He told us what we needed to hear and didn't sugar coat anything. I personally felt like he had our best interests in mind and honestly did what he could for us in our situation...If you're overweight (or a smoker), Dr. Corfman requires all patients to be at or under a BMI of 30.
I worked with the nurses [at Midwest Center for Reproductive Health] 90% of the time and they really are all incredible ladies...Wonderful, knowledgeable, incredibly caring, and made the process less terrifying...Their main clinic was nice. I did all but our IVF transfer at our local hospital/clinic.
Be prepared to be told the honest truth. If you're overweight (or a smoker), Dr. Corfman requires all patients to be at or under a BMI of 30.
Dr. Corfman and his staff were wonderful and very helpful. They took the time to listen and answer our questions and concerns. I appreciated his very candid and honest explanations. I didn't want anything sugar coated as it wasn't going to help us meet our end goal.
Wonderful, knowledgeable, incredibly caring, and made the process less terrifying. I worked with the nurses 90% of the time and they really are all incredible ladies.
Describe your experience with Midwest Center for Reproductive Health.
Their main clinic was nice. I did all but our IVF transfer at our local hospital/clinic. Dr. Corfman provides services to multiple satalite clinics.