Medical SchoolU. of Illinois
Plainfield
15905 South Frederick Street
Plainfield, IL 60586
815-436-6540
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Randy Morris to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend IVF1 to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
I overall like him and really like his practice. I got the sense that he really knows his stuff. He is not super warm but I didn’t find him completely cold just a bit straightforward, which is fine. He provided a couple of treatment options for our sitiutatiin but I did find I had to press to him to get his opinion on which was the best mothod... In 2015 we did IUI with gonaditropins (gonal-f) with and HCG trigger (I think).
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randy Morris at IVF1?
If using insurance double check that both the clinic and surgery center are in network. We had an issue that the surgery center was not in network so that was annoying to deal with.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randy Morris at IVF1?
The office staff is attentive and kind. They all refer to me by name. Good follow up after HSG and retrieval procedures. Consistently communicate all pertinent info. Helped with making sure I was able to obtainin meds when insurance issues came up.
Describe the protocols Randy Morris used in your cycles at IVF1 and their degree of success.
In 2015 we did IUI with gonaditropins (gonal-f) with and HCG trigger (I think). I can’t remeber for sure but I think the dosing went up a little bit for the second cycle. I had 2 IUIs the second resulted in a live birth. I believe I had a 6 follicles the second time which was a bit more than planned but ultimately was fine as it resulted in a one live birth. For the current treatment cycle we decided on IVF. For stim cycle I took follostim, low dose Hcg, baby aspirin, ganirelix, the trigger shot was a bolus of low dose hcg and Lupron . 11 eggs retrieved and 10 fertilized successfully using ICSI. Expecting to find out how many made it to day 5 blastocyst today.
I have all good things to say. They are all consistently kind, compassionate and patient. Any question I have had they have been very responsive. Yesterday I callled because I had concerns with next steps and scheduling a trip, the nurses were very helpful with addressing my questions.
Describe your experience with IVF1.
I can’t think of any weaknesses off the top of my head. The staff and nurses are really what I enjoy about the clinic. Everyone is helpful and kind. When you have a tough day they are always compassionate and ask how you are doing and if a scheduling conflict comes up they work with you to get you in.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
This is hard to answer for the current IVF treatment I have a New insurance policy. For meds, office visits (monitoring), procedures, genetic testing and crypreservation we’ve spent around $10,000 so far plus insurance premiums. I don’t remeber what we spent for our IUIs but it wasn’t much becUse we had better insurance.
Describe Randy Morris's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF1.
N/a we aren’t at this point yet
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Morris always personalizes your care...He's kind, compassionate and has a little bit of a humorous side to him... He explains procedures to you thourougly. If it's a procedure you're awake for, he literally walks you through step by step of everything he's doing (I'm putting on gloves right now, etc). It might seem a little silly at times, but it does wonders for easing anxiety.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
At first, I wasn't sure what I thought of Dr. Morris, but I also don't know if that was because of the initial shock of sitting in an fertility clinic. However, by the 2nd time meeting with Dr. Morris I really liked him. He explains procedures to you thourougly. If it's a procedure you're awake for, he literally walks you through step by step of everything he's doing (I'm putting on gloves right now, etc). It might seem a little silly at times, but it does wonders for easing anxiety. Dr. Morris has wheeled my gurney to the OR, he's helped the nurses clean me up after procedures (both of which are extremely rare for doctors to do!!). He's kind, compassionate and has a little bit of a humorous side to him.
Ask questions and be prepared for truthful answers. Dr. Morris stays up to date on the latest trends and procedures in the infertility world. He won't laugh at you or make you feel dumb if you ask about eating particular foods or doing acupuncture, etc. He will tell you what the research says about a particular trend.
The nurses are great and Dr. Morris always personalizes your care!
He Started out with putting my husband on Letrozole to see if his sperm counts would increase and we would get pregnant on our own. We then moved onto Clomid with IUIs, then injections (follistim and crinone) with IUIs. After a break, we moved on to IVF (birth control, gonal-f, low dose hcg, ganirelex, progesterone in oil, low dose baby aspirin, lupron, endometrin, estrace). My husband had several semen analysis done. I had Amh, hysterosocopy, hsg, laparoscopy (stage 2 endometriosis). Sorry, I can't remember other testing off hand.
All of the nurses are great at answering questions and providing rationales. They also return phone calls in a timely manner. They've all been very kind and empathetic.
Describe your experience with IVF1.
They are clean and organized. Each staff member treats you like a person and not just another number, even on busy days. Their biggest downfall, is they get very backed up on the weekends (especially during ivf cycles) because appointments often end up being double booked. If it's just blood work it's not bad - you're in and out. The ultrasounds are more time consuming and contribute to the back ups. Even though it's frustrating, I'm glad the techs are taking their time and thouroughly examining our follicles.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
So far, since May of 2016, we've paid over $6,400 for copays, blood work, ultrasounds, testing, meds, etc. I don't recall exact costs of items.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Morris is the only doctor at the facility [IVF1] so I feel he is flooded with patients that he may not be able to keep up with and for that reason I felt like a number...Dr. Morris is very straight to the point and seems highly educated in the field. He doesn't have a huge sense of humor or act like your best friend, he is your doctor and keeps everything very professional. Any questions I have ever had, he did his best to explain it to me and help me better understand the process
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
Dr. Morris is very straight to the point and seems highly educated in the field. He doesn't have a huge sense of humor or act like your best friend, he is your doctor and keeps everything very professional. Any questions I have ever had, he did his best to explain it to me and help me better understand the process, even though it can be hard for someone who is new to infertility to understand, I got the gist most of the time. During procedures, he makes sure your comfortable and shows more compassion than he will sitting in his office chair. Overall, I think he is a good doctor and I am trusting him with this process.
Ask questions and don't stop until you completely understand. It is your body and you deserve to understand everything happening to it.
I do not feel as if the doctor was familiar with his patients, but the nursing staff was amazing and kept up well with patients. Dr. Morris is the only doctor at the facility so I feel he is flooded with patients that he may not be able to keep up with and for that reason I felt like a number.
I am a 32 year old female with a high AMH of 4.6. I did stem shots for 11 days as follows... days 1-4 Follistim 200IU days 5-7 Follistim 200IU, Ganirelix, and low dose HCG days 8-10 Follistim 75IU, Ganirelix, and low dose HCG day 11 Lupron and HCG triggers From this cycle I retrieved only 3 eggs, all of which fertilized, and only one made it to a 6 day blastocyst and is now frozen. Next cycle we will be upping the Follistim considering I didn't have the best reaction to the dose this cycle.
The nursing staff is amazing! Always organized, return phone calls promptly, and very compassionate. This is one of the things that I love about his office!
Describe your experience with IVF1.
The clinic has great hours and also does procedures in the same building as monitoring. They also have a remote location for monitoring for those that are not close to the main office. The clinic is a great place and I do not have any weaknesses to discuss.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
I have not been fully billed yet and have made small payments as I go along so I cannot give a total that I have paid, but a cycle typically costs around $15,000. Also, their office offers a really fair PGS testing price of $2,400 for 4 embryos to be tested, while most other clinics are from $4,000-$6,000.
IVF, Donor Eggs
I felt like a human at Dr. Morris office. He is straight forward and very knowledgeable...was very professional and on time...He gets to the point and was willing to answer questions. He talked through every step of every process he did. I would not choose another Dr. for this journey!...was very straightforward and did not give me false hope. My protocol was prep my body for frozen embryo transfer with egg donor. Dr. Morris get all my medication set up and monitored me thoroughly throughout the whole process.
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
Dr. Morris was very professional and on time. He office runs so smooth. He gets to the point and was willing to answer questions. He talked through every step of every process he did. I would not choose another Dr. for this journey!
Do not get to overwhelmed! Just take in what you can and do not be afraid to take time and ask the questions or ask for clarification at any point.
I felt like a human at Dr. Morris office. He is straight forward and very knowledgeable. The nurses are happy, smiling and always asking how I am doing.
Dr. Morris was very straightforward and did not give me false hope. My protocol was prep my body for frozen embryo transfer with egg donor. Dr. Morris get all my medication set up and monitored me thoroughly throughout the whole process.
I give the nursing staff huge props for dealing with patients who are going through a tough journey. The nurses always answer or quickly return your call with an answer. They are understanding and compassionate. They relaxed me and reassured me every time i needed it!
Describe your experience with IVF1.
I have not run acrossed a weakness in this office during my journey. They are a helpful state of the art building! I also was very pleased that they have monitoring at a different location...which worked best for me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
My husband and I do not have coverage through our insurance. We paid outnof pocket and the office had it listed out very well. We are close to $30,000. We did have to pay our egg donor and pay to cover her medical bills that went along with the procedure. We paid as we did tests and then we paid for specific procedures on the day they happened.
I did not go into details in this topic. I just know he chooses to do one embryo for best success and we were on board with that!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
He [Dr. Morris] is vey open and honest. I appreciate that he tells me like it is. I feel like he is very well read and does his research, so he delivers the most recently studied and researched care. Sometimes I do worry that he is so busy with a large volume of patients that my care could get lose and or compromised...he would only transfer 1 embryo based on my age and this was not under discussion.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
He is vey open and honest. I appreciate that he tells me like it is. I feel like he is very well read and does his research, so he delivers the most recently studied and researched care. Sometimes I do worry that he is so busy with a large volume of patients that my care could get lose and or compromised.
Be aware that his honesty is a good thing, and he is just busy, not being rude.
There were times I had trouble getting the office to answer the phone and I struggled with feeling like I didn't matter as a person. Sometimes I just want a nurse to know my situation without having to look me up in the system. When I get procedures or talk to the nurse, I feel important and they are very sure to answer all my questions.
With my egg retrieval, I took gonal-f, ganirelix, low dose HCG, and lupron and pregnyl as triggers. I do not know why I took what I took, but I know my tests and lab work were reviewed prior to being on this. I got 25 eggs, 18 mature, 17 fertilized with ICSI, and 8 embryos to be frozen. For the frozen embryo transfer, I was on estradiol with addition of crinone and PIO close to transfer and I was given pregnyl on the day of transfer to hopefully increase the odds of my body accepting the embryo.
3 of the 5 nurses are wonderful, and the other 2 are sweet and they try. I love dealing with specific nurses and try to give the other 2 a chance. I feel like the nurses are overwhelmed with the patient load, but they truly care and do their best to keep up
Describe your experience with IVF1.
They care about success, and that is important. They don't neccessarily act like the understand the expense of IVF and subsequent treatments, and the most expensive medications are chosen for cycles and treatments. One major complaint I have is that the clinic is reactive rather than proactive-not requesting treatment from insurance until the last minute.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
Costs were all billed through insurance and seemed on the high side.
My doctor told me that he would only transfer 1 embryo based on my age and this was not under discussion.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
I was living in TN at the time and doing monitoring locally in TN, but Dr Morris and his team were going to perform the embryo transfer.... I had one clinic tell me that I wasn't cleared to transfer because there was "something" on my uterus. Dr. Morris ordered another ultrasound the morning of the transfer and said everything looked good. If he hadn't have double-checked, our transfer would have been cancelled. I am so happy he did!
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
I only met Dr. Morris at the embryo transfer. He was very calm and he explained the whole procedure well. He talked through everything he was doing which gave me peace in knowing exactly what was going on and how it was going. And, it worked, so we are thoroughly happy with his care!
Trust his judgement! I had one clinic tell me that I wasn't cleared to transfer because there was "something" on my uterus. Dr. Morris ordered another ultrasound the morning of the transfer and said everything looked good. If he hadn't have double-checked, our transfer would have been cancelled. I am so happy he did!
I was living in TN at the time and doing monitoring locally in TN, but Dr Morris and his team were going to perform the embryo transfer. So I didn't really expect super personal care as I was across the country. However, I do feel that all my questions were answered and there was always someone I could speak with.
For the FET, I was originally on Estradiol, baby asprin, and pre-natal. Before the transfer, we added Endometrin (progesterone suppositories) and a couple days before the transfer we added PIO (progesterone injections).
The nurses were my saving grace! I think I probably called them at least once a day to make sure everything was normal and that I was on the same page. They were so patient with me and willing to explain everything.
Describe your experience with IVF1.
I was so pleased with this clinic. We only went there because we received donor embryos that are stored there. They helped me maximize my insurance benefits, made scheduling super easy, and were great at coordinating with my outside monitoring clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
Because the FET was covered by my insurance, the procedure was $2400. The meds probably came to around $1500.
We chose to only transfer one embryo and this was never an issue for Dr. Morris
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
I am about to start my first IVF egg retrieval with them. I actually met with Kim Goehl, the nurse practitioner that is basically almost equal in status to Dr. Morris. She is the FIRST ONE in this journey that has not only known that pregnancy/birth control/hormones interfere with TSH levels and doses of Synthroid, but was like "that's totally common knowledge." I have had to explain it to every other person including so-called reproductive endocrinologists. Anyway, they seem super knowledgeable and worth the extra drive as compared to my first IVF clinic. I will say that the hysteroscopy was extremely uncomfortable and I also had one very uncomfortable ultrasound, but I'm here for the results! And their stats are better than other doctors and better than the national average.
Don't take the prescription prenatal vitamins-- the copay was $50 for one month!!
They seemed to know me when I called.
They are going to use Gonal-F/Follistim, which I have used before, but also a low dose aspirin and a low dose HCG, which I have never tried before.
I seem to get different people all the time, but at least all of them are native English speakers (I'm not prejudiced, just had a communication issue with a very nice Japanese nurse at my last clinic!) and seem to have access to all the notes from prior interactions. You can get the nurses' station by pressing 8 in the phone menu and you almost always get a real human nurse. If not, they do return voicemails quickly.
Describe your experience with IVF1.
Strengths: have their own surgical center on the bottom floor, computerized check-in, near downtown Naperville shopping/cafés/restaurants so you can have a little reward afterwards, free parking and always easy to find a spot
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
I had to pay $2400 up front for PGS testing (they adjust the amount later based on the number of embryos you have to test.)
Haven't gotten there yet
2014 - 2017
Anovulation, PCOS, Immunological
He [Dr. Morris] is so kind, and always has time. Answers emails directly and cares about his patients. He is always wanting to go above and beyond and he was there doing the hsg, doing the IUI, chatting through the whole thing. He made me feel like a person instead of just a number or someone there to get him more money. He wanted my IUI to work...He was in with me during hsg and was kind, asking how I feel about everything. He was there in everything we did, he was able to ask me if I was okay. Emotions are a real human trait.
2014 - 2017
Anovulation, PCOS, Immunological
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
He is so kind, and always has time. Answers emails directly and cares about his patients. He is always wanting to go above and beyond and he was there doing the hsg, doing the IUI, chatting through the whole thing. He made me feel like a person instead of just a number or someone there to get him more money. He wanted my IUI to work.
Relax. You're already going through something so overwhelming, let his expertise guide you through what you're about to do. Also - ask questions! Be your own advocate. When I thought something was off, he took the time to help me answer those questions.
I don't remember specifics, but we did use all the normal protocols for IUI. We had same day sperm retrieval and ultrasounds each time.
They are there to help. When going into any procedure, they are always willing to go the extra mile to make sure I am comfortable. They knew I was a little stressed and took the time to explain everything and made sure I was ready to go each time.
Describe your experience with IVF1.
Strengths: beautiful new equipment, great staff, quick appointments Cons: no parking, no bed in the blood draw room (I need to lay down or I pass out, I always felt like a burden having to lay down!)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
Nothing was covered under insurance for me, so everything was very expensive. Each ultrasound was $400 and everything else was mixed in.
None
Naperville
Dr Morris is responsive and answers questions. I was able to get consults and regroups with him whenever I requested them. He also personally responded to my questions via the portal....Dr. Morris only prescribes to protocols that have valid clinical studies to back them up. His protocols are pretty simple -- he doesn't use any experimental drugs. Saizen is often used for women with DOR, but he did not recommend that for me bc he believes that higher doses of Follistim work just as well. He doesn't promote supplements like CoQ10 bc they are not regulated. He's pretty by the book. I've found him to have a great bedside manner. He's good about explaining the procedures and protocols.
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
Dr. Morris only prescribes to protocols that have valid clinical studies to back them up. His protocols are pretty simple -- he doesn't use any experimental drugs. Saizen is often used for women with DOR, but he did not recommend that for me bc he believes that higher doses of Follistim work just as well. He doesn't promote supplements like CoQ10 bc they are not regulated. He's pretty by the book. I've found him to have a great bedside manner. He's good about explaining the procedures and protocols. He's also responsive on the patient portal. I have not done a transfer with him yet, but retrievals have gone fairly well. Overall, great experience so far.
Reach out to him if you have questions.
DOR Follistim 600 IU with low dose HCG, Ganirelix and Lupron. Primed with BCP.
Great nurses. Very responsive via the portal and phone calls. One of the ultrasound techs is a little abrasive/unfriendly, but literally everyone else has been fantastic.
Describe your experience with IVF1.
The clinic is very updated and not too busy. I've had to wait a maximum of 10 minutes for a monitoring appointment. One of their biggest selling points is how their well-functioning, prompt clinic. With minimal wait-times and friendly, knowledgeable clinical staff -- the clinic is easily one of the best in the Chicago area.. Dr Morris has also invested a lot in the lab, so I have faith that my embryos are getting the best chance of growing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
$1800 PGS testing. We had met our deductible so everything else was covered.
Dr Morris does not transfer more than one PGS normal embryo at a time.
Naperville
Dr. Morris was extremely kind, and explained our steps as we were both carriers for a genetic disorder. It clearly took extra screening, and steps on our part to confirm we had healthy children to transfer. He made sure we understood the steps, our options, and was very kind in the discussions.... I believe Randy Morris treated his patients as a human, because he took the time to make sure we understood the whole process from start to finish. He explained each transfer, and his staff made sure we were always updated.
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
I believe Randy Morris would do anything he can to help you achieve a pregnancy. He is very knowledgeable and will do what is best for you.
I came to Dr. Morris late, I had already tried Clomid unsuccessfully with an ob/gyn. During routine screening, we found out we were carriers and decided to do IVF with PGD screening to confirm they were not affected. He did a normal protocol as I also have PCOS.
The nursing staff at his office is amazing. They explained everything to me step by step, made sure I was always updated on the adjustment for medication and even hugged me on our last office visit. I have high standards for nursing because of them.
Describe your experience with IVF1.
I believe the clinic's strengths are the online portal. They update all the meds, procedures, etc in there. You can review it anytime day or night as well as review documents directly online.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
I had costs associated with medication (directly from the pharmacy), we had costs associated with egg retrieval, as well as costs associated with testing for a genetic disorder.
Dr. Morris did not give me a preference on embryos to transfer. I did one the first time (as that was the only one that made it unaffected), we also had another one that had to be re-tested.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. Randy Morris] was very informative and caring, but resorted directly to a treatment plan and never talked about other possibilities (immunology, nutrition, etc.). In my case it worked out with the treatment we did, but if it hadn't I would have appreciated a more thorough approach... We did Letrozole, 2.5mg for 5 days, a trigger shot, then intercourse. Negative test. Next we did Letrozole, 2.5 mg for 5 days, a trigger shot, then IUI. Negative test. For IVF we did Follistim, Ganirelix, and low dose HCG shots. I had a successful transfer of one embryo that split and I had identical twins.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
He was very informative and caring, but resorted directly to a treatment plan and never talked about other possibilities (immunology, nutrition, etc.). In my case it worked out with the treatment we did, but if it hadn't I would have appreciated a more thorough approach.
Ask a lot of questions and be an advocate for yourself. He is good and will care for you, but push beyond the cookie cutter treatment if you are so inclined.
All the nurses, office staff, and phlebotomists were very friendly and kind.
They were extremely kind and helpful and never seemed annoyed if you called to ask questions. I would describe them as very compassionate.
Describe your experience with IVF1.
This was a very clean, well-run clinic with a very pleasant staff. They had a very streamlined system with some variable options, but it was very much a medical treatment focused experience. The only weakness was when I had "unexplained infertility" there was no mention of other factors I could explore, such as diet, immunology, etc. I would have appreciated a more wholistic approach or exploration alongside treatment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
Mostly covered by insurance, but there was a miscommunication about the surgical facility being separate billing from the office (they share a building) and resulted in an insurance kerfuffle and we ended up paying $1500 out of pocket.
We were give the option to transfer one or two embryos and freeze the remainder. We were strongly encouraged to only transfer one embryo due to my age and the risk of multiples. We were also given the grades of our embryos and were recommended how many to transfer and freeze, but were given the option to do more.
Naperville
I came to Dr. Morris after experiencing a miscarriage and being told my eggs were poor quality. Morris immediately looked over the results from our miscarriage before our meeting and provided insight that our other doctor overlooked. He was willing to test my already-frozen embryos and adjusted medication during my FET resulting in me not having to cancel the cycle...Dr. Morris explained what was going on and the process of treatment very thoroughly, he did not rush me out of our consultation.
Other, Prefer not to answer
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
I came to Dr. Morris after experiencing a miscarriage and being told my eggs were poor quality. Morris immediately looked over the results from our miscarriage before our meeting and provided insight that our other doctor overlooked. He was willing to test my already-frozen embryos and adjusted medication during my FET resulting in me not having to cancel the cycle. I got pregnant and was able to have a successful pregnancy.
Like with any clinic, you'll still need to be your own advocate. Make sure you ask questions because Dr Morris will answer!
Dr. Morris explained what was going on and the process of treatment very thoroughly, he did not rush me out of our consultation. He took his time and met with me as much as I needed, and even answered our call after hours himself when we had questions about medication.
I came to Dr Morris after having a miscarriage and d&c, and 16 weeks later I still hadn't gotten my period. His nurse got me on birth control initiated my period, and then Dr. Morris recommended a hysteroscopy to clear out any potential scar issues and damage done by the d&c. He was also willing to do pgs testing on my already frozen embryos during that time. Then, as soon as I go my period again, we were able to start the process preparing for an FET. After a week my uterine lining levels had stalled, so he suggested I start taking estrogen pills vaginally. My lining went up to a 7.0 mm, and he was confident that was enough for the embryos to take. He also suggested we transfer both our embryos since they were considered 6 day embryos and did not have the development normally seen. I got pregnant with one baby who is now 11 months old.
At one point, during my hsg, I became so faint and weak. The nurses were very caring and even called my mom to come pick me up since I was so lightheaded. They were helpful with all my questions and demonstrated clearly how to administer the shots.
Describe your experience with IVF1.
The clinic is very organized. At the time of my treatment the surgical procedures were considered out-of-network which was the only negative for me since Dr. Morris himself was considered in network. I have heard this may have changed in the past year. In any case, yes it is a big clinic but I felt from the receptionist, to the techs taking my blood each time (both were extremely nice and caring), to the nurses this clinic made you feel like you weren't one in a thousand. The ultrasound tech was a little rushed and quick during her ultrasounds, but she did her job and when we did get pregnant she took her time and let us see the baby for a good amount of time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
I don't remember all specifics. PGS testing was significantly cheaper - we tested 3 embryos for I think it was around $3000. Dr. Morris was 80% covered under our insurance and the surgical procedures were 60% covered since they were considered out of network. Surgical procedures I experienced at IVF1 were the hsg test, hysteroscopy, and FET transfer.
2013 - 2014
1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
He [Dr. Morris] is results oriented. Direct, but not in a rude way. He's accessible to his patients. I once called on a Sunday night, 11:45pm, because of bleeding. He had released me from his care the week prior to my OB. Yet he still called me and addressed my concerns warmly. Highly recommend him!...I didn't see him often. He performed testing and my embryo transfers. I had no real need to see him face to face for ultrasounds or bloodwork, so this was appropriate. I very much liked his attention to detail. He was willing to tweak my med dosages after every blood draw (& did several times!) I strongly feel it was because his willingness to keep such a close eye that my last cycle was successful!
2013 - 2014
1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
He is results oriented. Direct, but not in a rude way. He's accessible to his patients. I once called on a Sunday night, 11:45pm, because of bleeding. He had released me from his care the week prior to my OB. Yet he still called me and addressed my concerns warmly. Highly recommend him!
All staff knew who I was and that I was using donated embryos. They were encouraging and supportive. Along the way during our 3 attempts, not one person neglected to ask how I was doing. Very sincere group of people.
I did 3 frozen donated embryo transfers with him. I sadly no longer have access to the specific levels within their portal, but my successful transfer my lining was 8 (in compared to 10 and a 12 prior attempts.) And my progesterone and estrogen levels were at the lowest place within normal than in previous cycles. He did my hcg draw at 8dp5dt. My level was 7.20. My first positive draw! No one reached negatively, in fact they told me each step was like jumping over a hurdle and we had to see how the next step went. 10dp-23, 13dp-68. I had a healthy singleton pregnancy and delivered a beautiful baby girl.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF1. (Assigned nurse: Jean was there often for my ultrasound appts, but no one was specifically assigned)
As stated previously, I wasn't assigned one primary nurse. I did however see the same staff on most visits. The majority were well versed in my care without having to "look me up." All staff was courteous and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with IVF1.
Be prepared for this office to be direct. They are nice, but do not give false hopes. This was great for me! But I understand not everyone appreciates or is ready for tat approach. Their billing office is easy to work with. Initially I didn't realize Id receive 2 seperate bills from them... One for office visits and the other from surgical procedures (like transfer.) That was a weakness. I was behind in paying them because I wasn't aware of the 2 separate & thought I had paid up in full. Other than that, I have no negative feedback
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
The total without insurance was $5400 in 2014 plus medications. I recently called in prep for another cycle, cost rose to $8900 plus meds
Due to my age and prior history, he allowed me to transfer 2 pgs tested embryos. I was explained the risk of possibly carrying twins.
Naperville
Don’t expect to see the Dr [Dr. Randy Morris] very much and ask questions when you have them...Dr Morris is pretty blunt and to the point, but I would rather have an honest doctor than have unrealistic expectations for my treatment and outcome. I saw Dr Morris for consultations (or we saw the nurse practitioner who works with him) and for surgical procedures. The actual IUI was completed by a nurse.
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
Don’t expect to see the Dr very much and ask questions when you have them.
The clinic treats so many patients that it’s hard not to feel like a number. When speaking with an actual nurse, though, I felt like a human.
The nurses are all very nice. Many times you just get messages from them through the patient portal, but when you talk to them over the phone, they are almost always caring and compassionate. When I had questions about my treatment plan, the nurse I talked to took the time to answer my questions and give her honest opinion about her thoughts on our approach. She even told me what she would do if she were in my position, which is really helpful during a time filled with so much uncertainty.
Describe your experience with IVF1.
The clinic is big and sees many many patients so it’s hard not to feel like a number. The staff is very friendly though and takes the time to make you feel more human. The actual facility is beautiful and state of the art.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
They said the cost for iui was $1900 with all testing and ultrasounds.
Strong preference towards single embryo transfer.
Naperville
My questions went unanswered, I was rushed in and out... I felt like he was pushy and had no emotion. He rushed through the plan and I left without a true understanding about what I was about to go through. When i declined pgs testing he was very rude to my husband and I and i left the office crying.... They [IVF1 Nurses] were rude and short, showed no compassion and were emotionless. They made me feel unwelcomed and almost as if I was disliked
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
Don't leave until every last question is answered and make sure to write every single thing down because if you have questions they will blow you off or give you an attitude if you have to call
My questions went unanswered, I was rushed in and out, staff showed no emotion
They were rude and short, showed no compassion and were emotionless. They made me feel unwelcomed and almost as if I was disliked
Describe your experience with IVF1.
I can't leave a terrible review because I walked away with a baby but I will never forget the way the staff made me feel. I recommend they take a course in how to speak to people. I honestly felt at one point that my doctor didn't like me and that he might sabotage my transfer because of personal feelings.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVF1.
Scheduling was relatively easy. The lack of communication between the main office and the office I went to for monitoring needs improvement. There were many times I went in for monitoring and they couldn't find me on the schedule because I was put in the system at a different location
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
The costs are outrageous. I doubt know an exact number but we paid well over $12,000 when it was all said and done, with insurance.
It was suggested we transfer 2 which is what we wanted to do
What specific things went wrong at IVF1?
Naperville
Dr. Morris is very analytical, which appeals to my business nature. He's done his research and knows what he's talking about. He's responded to any communication I've sent to him directly and is a man of science. I'm sure it's hard to deal in science for such an emotional journey, but he navigates it well.
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
He didn't change protocol on procedures, which is frustrating in an emotional and hormonal lyrics induced state. Try to have patience, as he knows what he's doing.
His staff and himself are so personal, caring and knowledge. They were responsive regardless of my questions and we're always supportive.
My tests showed no issues, just unexplained infertility. We used Follistim, Ganirellex, an HCG trigger, Crinone and progesterone in oil during my retrieval and transfer.
Amazing!! Each and every one I worked with was fantastic, passionate about my success, and working to help support me.
Describe your experience with IVF1.
The clinic works with self pay patients by helping with donated medicine when they have it. Their insurance department will help council you on IL insurance options, and the nurses and reception are so personal and lovely.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
I don't remember the facility cost. Just overall costs including meds and donor sperm. All in, each IUI was about $3,500 and the retrieval and transfer is about $12- $13k.
2013
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
2013
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
Dr. Morris is a very compassionate doctor who cares about his patients. Unfortunately he did not recognize several uterine adhesions which made all of our IVF attempts unsuccessful. He was not willing to pursue additional testing to see why I was unable to get pregnant. We then decided to get a second opinion.
Advocate for tests, procedures if you feel it necessary.
Dr. Morris and his staff really took time with you at every single appointment. He never ran late. He took ample time to explain things and to answer our questions.
Dr. Morris completed diagnostic tests which showed POF. Dr. Morris recommended IVF with donor eggs. We went through 1 IVF and 4 FETs with embryos created with our donor eggs. None were successful. He then completed a HSG which showed a fibroid but stated it did not warrant surgical attention. He recommended gestational surrogacy. He was unable to provide answers as to why our cycles had failed. We then sought a second opinion.
All of the nurses were wonderful. Very compassionate. They always took time to answer all of our questions.
Describe your experience with IVF1.
Very kind, compassionate staff. Dr. Morris has a great bedside manner. He was always on time. He always took the time to answer questions concerns. When I had an issue post transfer and called the after hours service, he called back immediately. He was not willing to investigate why our attempts had failed and instead immediately recommended gestational surrogacy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
Everything was covered by insurance.
He recommended we transfer no more than 2 embryos at a time for each cycle.
Naperville
He [Dr. Morris] was thorough with explaining his process and polite... ran a test on me that I was warned by other doctors may be painful (HSG). The test was completely painless and quick with Dr. Morris and my results were emailed to me almost immediately. I was pleased with my visit...After I receiving the results that my one remaining tube was open I continued to try naturally.
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
Dr. Morris ran a test on me that I was warned by other doctors may be painful (HSG). The test was completely painless and quick with Dr. Morris and my results were emailed to me almost immediately. I was pleased with my visit.
I would suggest to do your own research and always ask questions.
He was thorough with explaining his process and polite
The nurses that prepped me for my test were nice, professional and gentle.
Describe your experience with IVF1.
For a long time their surgical center was not covered by many insurance policies. I believe they may have changed but I’m not sure. Other than that they are very organized and professional and it was fairly easy to get an appointment
My HSG test was about 600 out of pocket after insurance covered their part
No comment on this topic
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Morris would respond within 24 hour with any questions I had (which you can post on the online portal). He takes the time to answer all questions face to face and it doesn't take long to get a consultation booked to see him... I have annovulation and possibly PCOS. I did 3 rounds of Clomid (monitored) and am on my 3rd round of injectables. I take 75 of follistim and 5 units low dose HCG with a trigger shot and go in for monitoring every few days. This will be my 2nd IUI.
Investor
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
Randy Morris cares about his patients and it shows. I trust him and know I will eventually achieve pregnancy by following his advice.
The nurses are great and Dr. Morris acts like he really cares. He is more scientific and analytic but still has compassion.
I liked most of the nurses. They were helpful and responded to questions promptly.
Randy Morris
He was very straightforward about our issues & statistics. But he is also very knowledgable with his course of action & was successful for us on our first attempt. I would far rather have a straightforward doctor who gets the wanted results than someone who might be "really nice" but takes 5 cycles to get you pregnant...The clinic is super organized & runs like a well oiled machine. The staff is both professional & kind, and instructions given to you during a cycle are explicitly clear. They seemed genuinely happy for me when my cycle was successful.
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
The nursing staff was amazing! They were very detailed in their instructions, compassionate & took as much time as you needed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
They helped me facilitate the process being billed through my insurance.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Morris is Very knowledgeable, caring and understanding. He is dedicated to helping his patients & does whatever he can to help us to be successful. Very straightforward but excellent bedside manner. He explains everything thoroughly and makes you feel more comfortable about it all...Very personal experience with Randy Morris and his staff. I felt like family and not just a number.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Trust him!
Follistim Low dose hcg Ganirelix Lupron
Nursing staff was amazing. The office ran like a well oiled machine!
Describe your experience with IVF1.
Very clean and beautiful. Surgical center right in the main office so no need for hospital trips. Office is run like a well oiled machine. Appts are quick and varely any wait times. Everyone is amazing.
2012 - 2014
Dr. Moris was very attentive to our concerns and preferences. He runs a very high quality lab with small surgical center on site. I didn't see him while we were doing the clomid and IUI cycles. Related to this, my treatment didn't always seem very personalized. The staff is great--very kind and helpful. We would recommend Dr. Morris. We like him and appreciate that he keeps his treatment very up to date with the latest fertility research. We have a one year old now and will probably return for help getting pregnant again.
2012 - 2014
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
Dr. Morison was very attentive to our concerns and preferences. He runs a very high quality lab with small surgical center on site. I didn't see him while we were doing the clomid and IUI cycles. Related to this, my treatment didn't always seem very personalized. The staff is great--very kind and helpful. We would recommend Dr. Morris. We like him and appreciate that he keeps his treatment very up to date with the latest fertility research. We have a one year old now and will probably return for help getting pregnant again.
The nurses are very knowledgeable, so ask them for lots of advice if you want it.
Describe your experience with IVF1.
As described above. Very new, lovely building.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
I think IVF with retrieval and transfer would have been $16k without insurance.
Dr. Morris educated us and didn't pressure us to create or transfer more embryos than we wanted.
2012 - 2013
[Randy Morris is] very knowledgeable. Ended up helping me get pregnant which was ultimate goal. Doesn't spend much time with patients. Most work goes to nursing staff...If you're looking for a doctor to hold your hand through the whole process, this isn't your guy. But he's very successful in achieving pregnancy.
2012 - 2013
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
Very knowledgeable. Ended up helping me get pregnant which was ultimate goal. Doesn't spend much time with patients. Most work goes to nursing staff.
The nursing staff is awesome. The doctor is a little hands off. You don't see him or hear from him much.
Nursing staff is great. Love the patient portal to see everything online
Most was insurance based. Ended up paying $2500 over insurance for ivf
2012
He [Dr Randy Morris] was very factual and thorough with presenting information. I felt that he actually wanted a successful outcome and not just make money off of me....He may take a more aggressive course of treatment so speak up about the number of embryos you want for implantation.
2012
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
He was very factual and thorough with presenting information. I felt that he actually wanted a successful outcome and not just make money off of me.
The staff was great and all my concerns were addressed by them and Dr. Morris
It has been 3 1/2 years since the treatment so I do not remember the medications and doses.
Very friendly, were update on my progress.
Describe your experience with IVF1.
The main office is in Naperville. I live in the city so, while I could do a lot at the Chicago location, I could not do everything.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
I had really good insurance and live in a state that requires IVF to be covered by insurance companies so the cost was about $3000.
Naperville
Dr Morris was great, he gave us all the information we needed and gave his recommendations but let us make our own choices. He is very matter of fact, but we liked that about him! He was honest and thorough and answered all of our questions. We never felt rushed at an appointment... He gave us a choice on doing an IUI or IVF, we chose IVF. We did a retrieval, and a frozen transfer and had success. We ended up with twins!
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
He is very blunt and honest and not the most compassionate doctor, but he knows what he's doing.
He explained everything thoroughly
Describe your experience with IVF1.
I was really thought this clinic was great. Good communication and great nurses and doctor. I have no complaints about this clinic and I highly recommend it. We knew exactly what the plan and next steps were, every step of the way.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
I dont remember, our insurance covered a lot
It was our choice, Dr Morris recommended transferring 2, and said he would not do more. But we could opt for 1 or 2.