4.4

Plainfield
15905 South Frederick Street
Plainfield, IL 60586
815-436-6540

He [Dr. Morris] only does frozen ESET transfers across the board...I think that he is a good doctor and very smart but he sticks to the same protocol without deviating from the same plan even if it not working...Too blunt and set in his ways. Refuses to change or try new ideas even when others have found success. I was on medication that was helping me but since it wasn't something he was familiar with he refused to listen or care and just took me off of it. Comes off as arrogant and rude.
With my out of town monitoring I have had results get lost a few times [at IVF1]. Whether that be fax and machine error or person error I don't know. Some reminding of medical allergies needed with ordering meds and resistant to changes needed...I did have to call and remind them each time to upload my stuff so I could got to my out of town appointments which got frustrating...It is a pricey clinic between 20-30k which is a huge expense. I know transfers are 500 but after meds and monitoring it's closer to 5k.
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randy Morris at IVF1?
Go in with your eyes wide open and hold your ground if you have questions. Be prepared for blunt and potentially rude responses.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randy Morris at IVF1?
Describe the protocols Randy Morris used in your cycles at IVF1 and their degree of success.
Uses gonal/follistim I have pcos so started out on low doses and then went to lower doses as I am a good responder. Started ganirelix and low dose HCG instead of menopur which I liked cost wise. Triggered with lupron and novarel.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF1.
They can be hard to reach by phone but responsive in the portal and great about uploading documents and information. I was a travel patient and had good treatment.
Describe your experience with IVF1.
Phone systems and fax systems are all over the place and always down. That can get frustrating and I don't think the nurses communicate all that well with each other. They are good about putting things in the portal and ordering meds.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVF1.
I was out of town so I can't comment on their monitoring there. I did have to call and remind them each time to upload my stuff so I could got to my out of town appointments which got frustrating.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
Describe Randy Morris's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF1.
He only does frozen ESET transfers across the board.
What specific things went wrong at IVF1?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF1.
With my out of town monitoring I have had results get lost a few times. Whether that be fax and machine error or person error I don't know. Some reminding of medical allergies needed with ordering meds and resistant to changes needed.
Naperville

I'm hoping my first cycle [with Dr. Randy Morris] was to develop a baseline and he will be more aggressive moving forward since my follicle count was very low even according to his own website... only spoke with Dr. Morris at the consultation and he asked me if I had any questions before the egg retrieval. His nurses are the ones that speak to you. After my egg retrieval resulted is no embryos making it to day 5, I asked the nurse if Dr. Morris would be contacting me to discuss the results and his plan for the next cycle. She informed me that he does not contact patients and if I wanted to talk to him, I could send him a message through the portal and he would respond in a few days. I find it really unprofessional that a doctor is unwilling to reach out to patients and will only communicate through an e-mail system if you request
[IVF1 is] a busy clinic but I never waited more than a few minutes for a monitoring appointment. They always have two people drawing blood and pretty much once they see you check in, they come out and grab you to get that done. The guys who take blood are really nice and wish you luck...For the egg retrieval and transfer, they would have billed my insurance $8k for one procedure and $7k for another (or something close to that). If you pay out of pocket, its $1,100 for the retrieval and I believe $800 for the transfer.
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
I've only done one cycle with him so it's hard to rate him because I only spoke with him twice. He seems very clinical and comfortable in the surgical unit but not really interested in speaking with patients.
Don't be intimidated by the lack of communication. Ask all of the questions you need to.
I only spoke with Dr. Morris at the consultation and he asked me if I had any questions before the egg retrieval. His nurses are the ones that speak to you. After my egg retrieval resulted is no embryos making it to day 5, I asked the nurse if Dr. Morris would be contacting me to discuss the results and his plan for the next cycle. She informed me that he does not contact patients and if I wanted to talk to him, I could send him a message through the portal and he would respond in a few days. I find it really unprofessional that a doctor is unwilling to reach out to patients and will only communicate through an e-mail system if you request it.
I believe I was on a pretty generic protocol for my age. I'm hoping my first cycle was to develop a baseline and he will be more aggressive moving forward since my follicle count was very low even according to his own website. I stimming for 8 days. My protocol was: 4 days of Gonal F at 300 units. Days 5-8 were Gonal F at 75 IU, 250 mcg of Ganirelix, 40 units of low dose hCG. On day 9, I took my trigger shot which was 2mL of hCG and .8mL of Lupron.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF1.
Most of them are pretty nice. There was one in particular who did the ultrasounds that always acted like she didn't want to be there.
Describe your experience with IVF1.
Communication was misleading at times. When I went in for my injecting class, I was asking the nurse about how many embryos was a good number to have to freeze because I didn't want to have to do multiple rounds. She said that based on my age and my health, I would likely only have to do one round and I would get great results. Obviously, not anyone can predict that. After my first ultrasound after starting medication, I asked the nurse doing it how my results looked. She just said, he typically likes to see at least 10 follicles so we will have to wait and see what he wants to go. I go out of the room and I schedule my next appointment with the nurse who did my injecting class. I ask her what she thought of my results and she said, Great! Typically, we can't even see follicles at this stage. We can see 7 for you right now. Again, that is not accurate. I get that she was trying to be nice or a cheerleader but I need accurate information. I would also have assumed that Dr. Morris would have changed my medication protocol at this point to try to stimulate more follicles but he just kept me doing the same amounts of the medication. I'm frankly not even sure if he looked at my results. I have been working with this clinic for about 5 months now and I can't tell you how many times I have called and their phone lines are down or they will tell you they need a call back number because they keep dropping. I've never encountered a business let alone a medical facility have that type of issue and for it to be going on for so long.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVF1.
It is a busy clinic but I never waited more than a few minutes for a monitoring appointment. They always have two people drawing blood and pretty much once they see you check in, they come out and grab you to get that done. The guys who take blood are really nice and wish you luck.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
Make sure you discuss with the nurses what pharmacies to use. I was going to go through my provider and they would have worked with CVS Speciality and it would have cost me $7k out of my lifetime maximum IVF budget. I discussed that with the nurses and found out that he has a preferred pharmacy and I would have to pay out of pocket but it was $3k. And ask to pay out of pocket for the facility fees if you can afford it. For the egg retrieval and transfer, they would have billed my insurance $8k for one procedure and $7k for another (or something close to that). If you pay out of pocket, its $1,100 for the retrieval and I believe $800 for the transfer. (I didn't get that far but I know it's less than the retrieval.) I just called my insurance and with all of the appointments I had, nothing has gone to my lifetime max. So basically, I just paid a little over $4k for a round of IVF (without the transfer.) . Not bad at all so make sure you ask about paying out of pocket vs. going through insurance if you have coverage. Next round, I will go through insurance to cover the costs of the meds but will continue to pay out of pocket for retrievals and any transfers we may do.
Naperville

He [Dr. Morris] did 3 FETs of PGS-tested embryos in a row and none of them resulted in pregnancy. We did an ERA after the first failed transfer, and adjusted the timing based on that, but I feel that I know why the transfers didn't work: My lining was too thin. ... And even when I communicated all this data to them he said it would make no difference ... instead suggested a gestational surrogate (!).
Strengths: [of IVF1] Good lab, retrieval/transfer is just done downstairs so you don't have to drive all over for it Weaknesses: Will not budge from their typical protocol, you aren't assigned a particular nurse, the downstairs surgical center may be out of network for your insurance even if the doctor is in-network, they like to upcharge you when they can ... They [nurses] were pretty good. My favorite was named Jean I think.
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
He did 3 FETs of PGS-tested embryos in a row and none of them resulted in pregnancy. We did an ERA after the first failed transfer, and adjusted the timing based on that, but I feel that I know why the transfers didn't work: My lining was too thin. Their standard for lining is only a 6 for FET where most other people get it above an 8. I've been pregnant twice, both times with my lining above an 8, and had 3 failed transfers, all with my lining thinner than 8. And even when I communicated all this data to them he said it would make no difference and that there was nothing left to try (!). He refused to adjust the FET protocol at all and instead suggested a gestational surrogate (!).
They do what they do, but they won't adjust things if what they do doesn't work for you.
You aren't assigned a particular nurse so you might get any nurse at any time.
I was on 450 IU of Gonal-F, which they tapered down to 75 IU the last couple of days. I had slightly fewer eggs retrieved at IVF1 than my previous clinic, but we were pleased to produce 2-3 genetically normal embryos each time. I think their lab is pretty good.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF1.
They were pretty good. My favorite was named Jean I think. Maybe Jeanine?
Describe your experience with IVF1.
Strengths: Good lab, retrieval/transfer is just done downstairs so you don't have to drive all over for it Weaknesses: Will not budge from their typical protocol, you aren't assigned a particular nurse, the downstairs surgical center may be out of network for your insurance even if the doctor is in-network, they like to upcharge you when they can
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
I got a bill for $700 per retrieval of anesthesia (the normal cost for this is $230 or less)
We just transferred 1 at a time because they were PGS-tested
Naperville

My questions went unanswered, I was rushed in and out... I felt like he was pushy and had no emotion. He rushed through the plan and I left without a true understanding about what I was about to go through. When i declined pgs testing he was very rude to my husband and I and i left the office crying.... They [IVF1 Nurses] were rude and short, showed no compassion and were emotionless. They made me feel unwelcomed and almost as if I was disliked
I can't leave a terrible review because I walked away with a baby but I will never forget the way the staff [IVF1 - Naperville] made me feel. I recommend they take a course in how to speak to people.... Scheduling was relatively easy. The lack of communication between the main office and the office I went to for monitoring needs improvement. There were many times I went in for monitoring and they couldn't find me on the schedule because I was put in the system at a different location
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
Don't leave until every last question is answered and make sure to write every single thing down because if you have questions they will blow you off or give you an attitude if you have to call
My questions went unanswered, I was rushed in and out, staff showed no emotion
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF1.
They were rude and short, showed no compassion and were emotionless. They made me feel unwelcomed and almost as if I was disliked
Describe your experience with IVF1.
I can't leave a terrible review because I walked away with a baby but I will never forget the way the staff made me feel. I recommend they take a course in how to speak to people. I honestly felt at one point that my doctor didn't like me and that he might sabotage my transfer because of personal feelings.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
The costs are outrageous. I doubt know an exact number but we paid well over $12,000 when it was all said and done, with insurance.
It was suggested we transfer 2 which is what we wanted to do
What specific things went wrong at IVF1?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF1.
They kept insisting on my husband needing a semen analysis but he had already had one done and provided dr with the results. Dr said it wasn't necessary to repeat and when I trotted explaining that to the nurses they told me I didn't know what I was talking about and that my husband HAD to come in. I told them they needed to get it together and start communicating better and after being reduced to tears multiple times in one day they finally figured it out and got in contact with the doctor who confirmed what I had been arguing with them about for hours

2013, Unsuccessful
All of the nurses [at IVF1-Naperville] were wonderful. Very compassionate. They always took time to answer all of our questions.... Very kind, compassionate staff. Dr. Morris has a great bedside manner. He was always on time. He always took the time to answer questions concerns. When I had an issue post transfer and called the after hours service, he called back immediately. He was not willing to investigate why our attempts had failed and instead immediately recommended gestational surrogacy.
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
Dr. Morris is a very compassionate doctor who cares about his patients. Unfortunately he did not recognize several uterine adhesions which made all of our IVF attempts unsuccessful. He was not willing to pursue additional testing to see why I was unable to get pregnant. We then decided to get a second opinion.
Advocate for tests, procedures if you feel it necessary.
Dr. Morris and his staff really took time with you at every single appointment. He never ran late. He took ample time to explain things and to answer our questions.
Dr. Morris completed diagnostic tests which showed POF. Dr. Morris recommended IVF with donor eggs. We went through 1 IVF and 4 FETs with embryos created with our donor eggs. None were successful. He then completed a HSG which showed a fibroid but stated it did not warrant surgical attention. He recommended gestational surrogacy. He was unable to provide answers as to why our cycles had failed. We then sought a second opinion.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF1.
All of the nurses were wonderful. Very compassionate. They always took time to answer all of our questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
Everything was covered by insurance.
He recommended we transfer no more than 2 embryos at a time for each cycle.

2012 - 2013, Successful
The nursing staff [at IVF1] is awesome. The doctor is a little hands off. You don't see him or hear from him much...[Randy Morris is] very knowledgeable. Ended up helping me get pregnant which was ultimate goal. Doesn't spend much time with patients. Most work goes to nursing staff...If you're looking for a doctor to hold your hand through the whole process, this isn't your guy. But he's very successful in achieving pregnancy.
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
Very knowledgeable. Ended up helping me get pregnant which was ultimate goal. Doesn't spend much time with patients. Most work goes to nursing staff.
The nursing staff is awesome. The doctor is a little hands off. You don't see him or hear from him much.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF1.
Nursing staff is great. Love the patient portal to see everything online
Most was insurance based. Ended up paying $2500 over insurance for ivf