4.4

Plainfield
15905 South Frederick Street
Plainfield, IL 60586
815-436-6540

Dr. Morris is very intelligent and very well educated about the topic of infertility. His knowledge comes across very clearly but at times it felt like he would shut down my ideas or thoughts from my own research. He does not pressure you into specific course of treatment but rather talks about your options. ... So far he has prescribed my husband clomid due to male factor. He didn’t give a ton of information about why he prescribed this but already had our own ideas of why.
The clinic [IVF1] is like a well-oiled machine. It runs very efficiently and I always am in and out for monitoring appointments. I have never waited more than 5 minutes to get blood draws/sonogram appointments. ... The receptionist is very well informed and is able to answer most non-clinical questions. ... They [nurses] are always well organized, seems like they always remember exactly what is going on when I call and overall so friendly.
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
Dr. Morris is very intelligent and very well educated about the topic of infertility. His knowledge comes across very clearly but at times it felt like he would shut down my ideas or thoughts from my own research. He does not pressure you into specific course of treatment but rather talks about your options. He was willing to answer any questions I did have about our issues.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Randy Morris at IVF1?
Don’t take his coldness personally; he is just someone who wants as much information as possible before treatment planning.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Randy Morris at IVF1?
Our first consultation felt very number like however he did not have a lot of information due to diagnostic testing not yet happening. His demeanor completely changed during our second consultation in which we had more information. He was more attentive and willing to help my husband and I talk out our options during the consultation.
Describe the protocols Randy Morris used in your cycles at IVF1 and their degree of success.
We are still in treatment at the moment. So far he has prescribed my husband clomid due to male factor. He didn’t give a ton of information about why he prescribed this but already had our own ideas of why. He was open to either IUI or IVF due to male factor numbers but allowed it to be our option as numbers weren’t at the point of needing to do IVF right away.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF1.
The nursing staff is amazing! They are always well organized, seems like they always remember exactly what is going on when I call and overall so friendly. They are well educated and know next steps every time I call and have eased anxiety about things well.
Describe your experience with IVF1.
The clinic is like a well-oiled machine. It runs very efficiently and I always am in and out for monitoring appointments. I have never waited more than 5 minutes to get blood draws/sonogram appointments. The waiting room is quiet and calming. The receptionist is very well informed and is able to answer most non-clinical questions. I have yet to find any weaknesses of the clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
So far most costs have been covered by insurance. We have not yet had IUI or IVF procedures done but have been informed that the cost will be known beforehand.
2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
I felt that he was not on top of my personal health information, history of treatment (including his own treatment of me). ... I feel he is very knowledgeable, however doesn't follow through with some things - meaning, I have been my best advocate ... rather than Dr. Morris creating a treatment plan for this and after the hormone treatment was done, I had to be the one to ask "Can I do _____now?" or "Shouldn't I be doing ____
[IVF1] Very clean and the surgery center is in the same location as everything else. ... They are efficient with blood draws and ultrasounds (US for the most part). ... Too many patients so not enough attention to each of the patients. Their phones have not been reliable at times, when you call it's rare that you actually get ahold of someone ... overall they can be a bit rude when you ask questions - not all the nurses, but one in particular. They make you feel like your questions are not warranted.
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
I feel he is very knowledgeable, however doesn't follow through with some things - meaning, I have been my best advocate. I do a lot of research and have even consulted with doctor's in the field who are not in my area, and I have sort of created my own treatment plan based upon some of what Dr. Morris has said, and a lot based upon what I have discovered/learned on my own. For example, I did hormone treatment for endometriosis and rather than Dr. Morris creating a treatment plan for this and after the hormone treatment was done, I had to be the one to ask "Can I do _____now?" or "Shouldn't I be doing ____ (for example, regular checks of my thyroid level)?" and he would go along with it, but it wasn't at his directive. I feel like maybe I have lost opportunity throughout, to be doing things as I should be, and am just hoping I have advocated enough to eventually be successful in being a parent with my husband.
Advocate for yourself - do your own research to ensure you are doing all you can and what you should be doing for success.
I always responded well to the stimulant meds, so protocol wasn't changed. I am the one to initiate donor eggs based upon 4 retrievals and only one embryo out of only 2 after all cycles, being PGS normal.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF1.
Overwhelmed.... too much to do, too many patients.
Describe your experience with IVF1.
Very clean and the surgery center is in the same location as everything else. It is easily accessible for me - parking garage across the street. Too many patients so not enough attention to each of the patients. Their phones have not been reliable at times, when you call it's rare that you actually get ahold of someone and if you leave a message it's sometimes until the next day when you hear back, overall they can be a bit rude when you ask questions - not all the nurses, but one in particular. They make you feel like your questions are not warranted. They are efficient with blood draws and ultrasounds (US for the most part).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
At this point I have spent about 75K, but am still going...
Describe Randy Morris's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF1.
None
What specific things went wrong at IVF1?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF1.
I have nothing more to say at this time. It hasn't been horrible, but certainly as I have expressed throughout this, I had to be my own advocate.
Naperville

Dr. Morris is the only doctor at the facility [IVF1] so I feel he is flooded with patients that he may not be able to keep up with and for that reason I felt like a number...Dr. Morris is very straight to the point and seems highly educated in the field. He doesn't have a huge sense of humor or act like your best friend, he is your doctor and keeps everything very professional. Any questions I have ever had, he did his best to explain it to me and help me better understand the process
I do not feel as if the doctor [Dr. Morris] was familiar with his patients, but the nursing staff [at IVF1] was amazing and kept up well with patients...The clinic has great hours and also does procedures in the same building as monitoring. They also have a remote location for monitoring for those that are not close to the main office...so, their office offers a really fair PGS testing price of $2,400 for 4 embryos to be tested
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
Dr. Morris is very straight to the point and seems highly educated in the field. He doesn't have a huge sense of humor or act like your best friend, he is your doctor and keeps everything very professional. Any questions I have ever had, he did his best to explain it to me and help me better understand the process, even though it can be hard for someone who is new to infertility to understand, I got the gist most of the time. During procedures, he makes sure your comfortable and shows more compassion than he will sitting in his office chair. Overall, I think he is a good doctor and I am trusting him with this process.
Ask questions and don't stop until you completely understand. It is your body and you deserve to understand everything happening to it.
I do not feel as if the doctor was familiar with his patients, but the nursing staff was amazing and kept up well with patients. Dr. Morris is the only doctor at the facility so I feel he is flooded with patients that he may not be able to keep up with and for that reason I felt like a number.
I am a 32 year old female with a high AMH of 4.6. I did stem shots for 11 days as follows... days 1-4 Follistim 200IU days 5-7 Follistim 200IU, Ganirelix, and low dose HCG days 8-10 Follistim 75IU, Ganirelix, and low dose HCG day 11 Lupron and HCG triggers From this cycle I retrieved only 3 eggs, all of which fertilized, and only one made it to a 6 day blastocyst and is now frozen. Next cycle we will be upping the Follistim considering I didn't have the best reaction to the dose this cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF1.
The nursing staff is amazing! Always organized, return phone calls promptly, and very compassionate. This is one of the things that I love about his office!
Describe your experience with IVF1.
The clinic has great hours and also does procedures in the same building as monitoring. They also have a remote location for monitoring for those that are not close to the main office. The clinic is a great place and I do not have any weaknesses to discuss.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
I have not been fully billed yet and have made small payments as I go along so I cannot give a total that I have paid, but a cycle typically costs around $15,000. Also, their office offers a really fair PGS testing price of $2,400 for 4 embryos to be tested, while most other clinics are from $4,000-$6,000.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Morris] is vey open and honest. I appreciate that he tells me like it is. I feel like he is very well read and does his research, so he delivers the most recently studied and researched care. Sometimes I do worry that he is so busy with a large volume of patients that my care could get lose and or compromised...he would only transfer 1 embryo based on my age and this was not under discussion.
My doctor [Dr. Randy Morris at IVF 1] told me that he would only transfer 1 embryo based on my age and this was not under discussion...They care about success, and that is important. They don't neccessarily act like the understand the expense of IVF and subsequent treatments, and the most expensive medications are chosen for cycles and treatments. One major complaint I have is that the clinic is reactive rather than proactive-not requesting treatment from insurance until the last minute.
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
He is vey open and honest. I appreciate that he tells me like it is. I feel like he is very well read and does his research, so he delivers the most recently studied and researched care. Sometimes I do worry that he is so busy with a large volume of patients that my care could get lose and or compromised.
Be aware that his honesty is a good thing, and he is just busy, not being rude.
There were times I had trouble getting the office to answer the phone and I struggled with feeling like I didn't matter as a person. Sometimes I just want a nurse to know my situation without having to look me up in the system. When I get procedures or talk to the nurse, I feel important and they are very sure to answer all my questions.
With my egg retrieval, I took gonal-f, ganirelix, low dose HCG, and lupron and pregnyl as triggers. I do not know why I took what I took, but I know my tests and lab work were reviewed prior to being on this. I got 25 eggs, 18 mature, 17 fertilized with ICSI, and 8 embryos to be frozen. For the frozen embryo transfer, I was on estradiol with addition of crinone and PIO close to transfer and I was given pregnyl on the day of transfer to hopefully increase the odds of my body accepting the embryo.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF1.
3 of the 5 nurses are wonderful, and the other 2 are sweet and they try. I love dealing with specific nurses and try to give the other 2 a chance. I feel like the nurses are overwhelmed with the patient load, but they truly care and do their best to keep up
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
Costs were all billed through insurance and seemed on the high side.
My doctor told me that he would only transfer 1 embryo based on my age and this was not under discussion.
2017, Unknown Success
Dr Morris is responsive and answers questions. I was able to get consults and regroups with him whenever I requested them. He also personally responded to my questions via the portal....Dr. Morris only prescribes to protocols that have valid clinical studies to back them up. His protocols are pretty simple -- he doesn't use any experimental drugs. Saizen is often used for women with DOR, but he did not recommend that for me bc he believes that higher doses of Follistim work just as well. He doesn't promote supplements like CoQ10 bc they are not regulated. He's pretty by the book. I've found him to have a great bedside manner. He's good about explaining the procedures and protocols.
Great nurses [at IVF1]. Very responsive via the portal and phone calls. One of the ultrasound techs is a little abrasive/unfriendly, but literally everyone else has been fantastic....The clinic is very updated and not too busy. I've had to wait a maximum of 10 minutes for a monitoring appointment. One of their biggest selling points is how their well-functioning, prompt clinic. With minimal wait-times and friendly, knowledgeable clinical staff -- the clinic is easily one of the best in the Chicago area..
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
Dr. Morris only prescribes to protocols that have valid clinical studies to back them up. His protocols are pretty simple -- he doesn't use any experimental drugs. Saizen is often used for women with DOR, but he did not recommend that for me bc he believes that higher doses of Follistim work just as well. He doesn't promote supplements like CoQ10 bc they are not regulated. He's pretty by the book. I've found him to have a great bedside manner. He's good about explaining the procedures and protocols. He's also responsive on the patient portal. I have not done a transfer with him yet, but retrievals have gone fairly well. Overall, great experience so far.
Reach out to him if you have questions.
DOR Follistim 600 IU with low dose HCG, Ganirelix and Lupron. Primed with BCP.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF1.
Great nurses. Very responsive via the portal and phone calls. One of the ultrasound techs is a little abrasive/unfriendly, but literally everyone else has been fantastic.
Describe your experience with IVF1.
The clinic is very updated and not too busy. I've had to wait a maximum of 10 minutes for a monitoring appointment. One of their biggest selling points is how their well-functioning, prompt clinic. With minimal wait-times and friendly, knowledgeable clinical staff -- the clinic is easily one of the best in the Chicago area.. Dr Morris has also invested a lot in the lab, so I have faith that my embryos are getting the best chance of growing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
$1800 PGS testing. We had met our deductible so everything else was covered.
Dr Morris does not transfer more than one PGS normal embryo at a time.
Naperville

We’ve met with him [Dr. Morrise] once and he went through IVF and IUI with us. Explained the treatment plan and what to expect. He is more of behind the scenes though. We’ve only met with him for the consult. Otherwise it has been the phlebotomists, nurses, or nurse practitioner [at IVF1]. ... We’ve only been through 2 cycles so far. The first cycle was considered poor. I took 100mg of Clomid for 5 days but my lining wasn’t thick enough for IUI. So my dosage was adjusted to 50mg the next cycle which ended in IUI. Now we are waiting for results.
This office [IVF1] is very clean and has an inviting feel to it. I enjoy the relaxing music they play during ultrasounds and procedures. It definitely helps you feel more relaxed. I do wish they had a nurse on staff when they open the clinic for blood draws just in case questions need to be answered. ... The nursing staff is super friendly and attentive. They are available to answer any questions you may have and put your mind at ease.
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
We’ve met with him once and he went through IVF and IUI with us. Explained the treatment plan and what to expect. He is more of behind the scenes though. We’ve only met with him for the consult. Otherwise it has been the phlebotomists, nurses, or nurse practitioner.
Be involved with your treatment and ask questions.
I felt like a human because they always took the time to answer any questions/concerns I had even if I called multiple times. Everyone is always friendly and asks about daily life, not just fertility.
Describe your experience with IVF1.
This office is very clean and has an inviting feel to it. I enjoy the relaxing music they play during ultrasounds and procedures. It definitely helps you feel more relaxed. I do wish they had a nurse on staff when they open the clinic for blood draws just in case questions need to be answered.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Randy Morris at IVF1.
I’ve had to pay for each consult visit, blood test, and ultrasound. I had to get medications from a specialty pharmacy mailed to my home that cost about $1000. That was a huge expense considering the medications were needed within days for my cycle.
Naperville
He [Dr. Morris] was thorough with explaining his process and polite... ran a test on me that I was warned by other doctors may be painful (HSG). The test was completely painless and quick with Dr. Morris and my results were emailed to me almost immediately. I was pleased with my visit...After I receiving the results that my one remaining tube was open I continued to try naturally.
The nurses that prepped me for my test [at IVF1] were nice, professional and gentle...For a long time their surgical center was not covered by many insurance policies. I believe they may have changed but I’m not sure. Other than that they are very organized and professional and it was fairly easy to get an appointment...Dr. Morris ran a test on me that I was warned by other doctors may be painful (HSG). The test was completely painless and quick with Dr. Morris and my results were emailed to me almost immediately. I was pleased with my visit.
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
I would suggest to do your own research and always ask questions.
He was thorough with explaining his process and polite
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF1.
The nurses that prepped me for my test were nice, professional and gentle.
My HSG test was about 600 out of pocket after insurance covered their part
No comment on this topic

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Investor
Dr. Morris would respond within 24 hour with any questions I had (which you can post on the online portal). He takes the time to answer all questions face to face and it doesn't take long to get a consultation booked to see him... I have annovulation and possibly PCOS. I did 3 rounds of Clomid (monitored) and am on my 3rd round of injectables. I take 75 of follistim and 5 units low dose HCG with a trigger shot and go in for monitoring every few days. This will be my 2nd IUI.
I liked most of the nurses [at IVF1]. They were helpful and responded to questions promptly.... I have annovulation and possibly PCOS. I did 3 rounds of Clomid (monitored) and am on my 3rd round of injectables. I take 75 of follistim and 5 units low dose HCG with a trigger shot and go in for monitoring every few days. This will be my 2nd IUI.
How was your experience with Randy Morris at IVF1?
Randy Morris cares about his patients and it shows. I trust him and know I will eventually achieve pregnancy by following his advice.
The nurses are great and Dr. Morris acts like he really cares. He is more scientific and analytic but still has compassion.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF1.
I liked most of the nurses. They were helpful and responded to questions promptly.