Strongly recommend: 99%Neutral: 1%10

200 Old Country Rd
Mineola, NY 11501
16 Court Street
Brooklyn, NY 11241

Dr. Fritz is extremely personable...empathetic, honest, supportive, and genuine...excellent communication with us and ensures we understand any risks thoroughly before committing to treatment...always contacted by Dr. Fritz himself to review all our results...he has discover some concerns with myself that were not accessed with our previous clinic...elevated prolactin levels
The nursing staff [at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York] are warm and welcoming...ensure to practice HIPPA by calling us last name only...During certain procedures, I was offered coupon code to discount my out of pocket expenses...Copayments for visits are not charged upon the visit but billed at a later time...effectively communicates and works together in a cohesive manner
How was your experience with Rani Fritz at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
After two years of TTC, my husband and I decided to seek a new fertility clinic. To our discovery we found NYU Langone in Stony Brook, NY. So, we did some of our own research and we contacted them. We were able to schedule an appointment within days! This came by such a pleasant surprise as our previous clinic we had to wait weeks to be seen but not NYU Langone. My husband and I have been patients at NYU Langone for a year now. Our fertility doctor is Rani B. Fritz PhD, DO and we are incredibly thankful to have the opportunity to work with him to aid in starting our family. We immediately loved how thorough, empathetic, and available Dr. Fritz is and continues to be during this pandemic despite our treatment currently placed on hold. He demonstrates excellent communication with us and ensures we understand any risks thoroughly before committing to treatment. During our time working with Dr. Fritz, he has discover some concerns with myself that were not accessed with our previous clinic. We found out that I have elevated prolactin levels in this discovery it was followed up with a two MRI’s (with and without contrast) which, showed I have a tumor near my pituitary gland. I was always contacted by Dr. Fritz himself to review all our results, very personable. Every apportionment we had, we sat together and discussed what we were going to do next, the time frame, and Dr. Fritz made this stressful, scary, exciting experience become an easy process to follow. These are just a few examples of how thorough and effective Dr. Fritz recommendations are. Additionally, Dr. Fritz addressed all our questions I may even asked the same question on a few occasions and he would simply answer in a manner that made us feel equal. Prior to the cancelation our our treatment, Dr. Fritz contacted me to discuss changes in their policy to ensure the safety and well-being of us and his other patients. When the time came to canceling our upcoming treatment, Dr. Fritz was extremely empathetic and reassuring. At this time we are unfortunately not able to continue our treatment but we are doing our best to remain hopeful and we look forward to continuing our fertility journey with Dr. Fritz.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rani Fritz at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
My advice to future potential patients is to ensure you and your partner attend the appointments together especially the first appointment. This is to ensure that during your appointments both individuals receive treatment in timely manner. For example, the first appointment my husband and I had blood work drawn. If one individual is not present this could delay future treatment and we all know how long we’ve all waited to begin effective treatment also our time valuable!! This also gives couples the perfect opportunity to ask as many questions with Dr. Fritz which can be done during all your appointments but the first is the launch of where you are and what Dr. Fritz recommends.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rani Fritz at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Dr. Fritz is extremely personable and carries many crucial characteristics which made us feel welcomed and humane. Dr, Fritz has exhibited the following characteristics: he is an active listener, empathetic, honest, supportive, and genuine.
Describe the protocols Rani Fritz used in your cycles at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York and their degree of success.
During two fasting blood withdrawals it was discovered that I have elicited prolactin levels. As a result, Dr. Fritz recommended two MRI’s (with and without contrast). The results showed that I have a tumor near my pituitary gland and I was prescribed to take half a tablet of .5mg (twice a week) of Caberglone. Taking this has relieved some of my symptoms including head aches and tension. Another medication was also prescribed to me, 5000U/VL of Novarel was delivered by mail along with necessary items such as, alcohol swabs, bio hazard container, and needle. I have not utilized this medication as I wanted to see if the Caberglone medication would aid in conceiving naturally. It has not and I was not told that it would I just held hopes that my cause of infertility were due to my levels.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The nursing staff are warm and welcoming. I appreciate when calling patients inside they ensure to practice HIPPA by calling us last name only. Any time I had a question about when to schedule my next appointment on a specific cycle day they were able to assist and ensured availability.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The strengths of this clinic is everyone effectively communicates and works together in a cohesive manner. The waiting area is warm and welcoming, the rooms and l office areas are clean and well organized. My only concern is the billing room/office is located across from the waiting area/exiting door. Although they have their own door and the waiting area has TVs on I feel the office could benefit from a sound machine in that area.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rani Fritz at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
This clinic accepts many health insurances. The cost of treatment and visits are seen on their websites ports with the breakdown of what is covered. During certain procedures, I was offered coupon code to discount my out of pocket expenses. Copayments for visits are not charged upon the visit but billed at a later time would is convenient at times.

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Fritz was very personable! He remembered certain details and aspect of my husband and I. It made us feel special and heard. He was and still is very attentive! I came in feeling a little scared of this new journey but he reassured me that I was a champ and he would do his very best to make sure my experience went smoothly. And I must say, IT DID! Dr. Fritz is God sent and you can really tell he loves his job and his patients.
They [NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of NY] are currently going under construction but you barely. Price it. The facility is clean, quiet, and has a friendly atmosphere. They offered beverages and a cozy environment in the waiting area. All and all it was a good clinic...Nursing staff were very kind! They were also informative...They knew to be gentle, understanding, and compassionate.
Dr. Fritz is an Incredible doctor! I am teary eyed as I type this because he just understands that any time a woman has to go to a fertility clinic it’s already tough for her. BUT he has this way of making you feel like you can do it! And I sure did, becaue I was terrified of this new journey. However, I had excitement in resonating out of me because I couldn’t wait to start my IVF process. Dr. Fritz was very informative, kind, and passionate about his work! Doctors can learn a thing or 2 from his wonderful bedside manner. I can’t wait till my transfer day and I know he is going to as always be there every step of the way. Amazing, amazing, AMAZING Doctor!
One piece of advice for prospective a patient?….. Hmmmm! Let me see…. CHOOSE DR. FRITZ! you won’t regret it!
I remember coming in for blood work to monitor my hormone levels. I did an HCG and I took injections in the stomach. It was easy even though I was worried, but I did it and it didn’t hurt. In the end I was able to produce 26 eggs!
Nursing staff were very kind! They were also informative. They knew my fear of needles and made my blood work painless. They actually listened to me when I told them about how weird my veins were and thanked me for it. They were so caring especially on my retrieval day. They knew to be gentle, understanding, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
No weaknesses. They are currently going under construction but you barely. Price it. The facility is clean, quiet, and has a friendly atmosphere. They offered beverages and a cozy environment in the waiting area. All and all it was a good clinic.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The monitoring appointments went well. I had my full schedule and went in and was out within an hour. I came in, took my blood and ultrasound and left. I still had the rest of the day to go to work or do whatever I wanted.
That’s one of the amazing things about Dr. Fritz! He was determined to work with my husband and I when it came to finances and even spoke with my insurance to practically get everything covered. I was amazed and truly grateful! Dr. Fritz is God sent!

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Fritz, from our first appointment, was extremely thorough, with what test we would need to do and what our next steps would be. In addition he would explain to my husband and I what the success rates where so we didn’t put additional pressure on ourselves...I felt absolutely comfortable and open to share all of my concerns about each test or procedure. Even when I was unsure of what I wanted to do Dr. Fritz did not pressure us to make a decision...
Dr. Fritz and his entire team [at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of NY] all were on the same page and made every visit more than comfortable. As a new patient I would say come with all of your questions and the entire staff would assist you...Elena was my primary nurse and like Dr. Fritz she was thorough about the plan he had in place. Elena emailed and/or after every visit once my blood work was returned. In addition if I needed clarification on medication or dosage she was available. Elena was patient and always positive. In addition Laverne was the only nurse within the whole RSNY that made the multiple injections all seem like a pinch
Dr. Fritz always made my husband and I feel comfortable. He explained each procedure and what we needed to do next. In addition he provided a wide variety of options for us to choose. Dr. Fritz was very compassionate and made us feel like he was with us whether it was good or not so good test results. I felt absolutely comfortable and open to share all of my concerns about each test or procedure. Even when I was unsure of what I wanted to do Dr. Fritz did not pressure us to make a decision. During our first transfer we weren’t successful and Dr. Fritz went back to the drawing board and tweaked out a better plan for us. And his plan worked, we are pregnant! My last day with Dr. Fritz was bitter sweet. We are ecstatic about our pregnancy yet sad that it would be our last day coming to his office. In addition Dr. Fritz didn’t just send us off. He sent us with a detailed plan in addition to notes for my ob-gyn.
Listen to all of his recommendations even if you think you won’t need a specific test done. If Dr. Fritz suggested it get it done. You will thank him later on. Also you are not a number with Dr. Fritz you are a person who he listens too and does his BEST for his patient.
Dr. Fritz, from our first appointment, was extremely thorough, with what test we would need to do and what our next steps would be. In addition he would explain to my husband and I what the success rates where so we didn’t put additional pressure on ourselves. In addition his Nurse Elena, Barbara, Laverne and Lishon were all helpful too.
First we decided to get a few test done and Dr. Fritz suggest we do an ERA and I remember telling him my lining is good. Boy was I wrong after our first transfer failed. I decided to do the ERA which gave Dr. Fritz a more precise day to transfer the embryo. Which worked, we also got the PGA done on all embryos to make sure the embryo we chose to transfer was healthy. Dr. Fritz also suggested we do ICIS I’m not sure of the name of the test but it was a way of obtaining the nest sperm from my husband sample and mixing it in a specific machine.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York. (Assigned nurse: Elena )
Elena was my primary nurse and like Dr. Fritz she was thorough about the plan he had in place. Elena emailed and/or after every visit once my blood work was returned. In addition if I needed clarification on medication or dosage she was available. Elena was patient and always positive. In addition Laverne was the only nurse within the whole RSNY that made the multiple injections all seem like a pinch. Lishon was also very helpful with obtaining an appointment. Always a friendly smile and good morning when you walked into the office.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The clinic had no weaknesses. Dr. Fritz and his entire team all were on the same page and made every visit more than comfortable. As a new patient I would say come with all of your questions and the entire staff would assist you.
I am not sure I know my insurance handled the coverage. We only paid for Genetic testing, embryo storage, specific medications
Describe Rani Fritz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Dr. Fritz approach to our entire IVF plan was EXCELLENT.

2020 - 2021, Successful
I felt so comfortable with Dr. Fritz. He’s one of the best doctors I had in awhile. He’s very attentive and reassuring when you are in his care...Not only has he taken great care of my health but also very pleasant to speak with at every appointment. It’s rare to find a doctor that combines such personal touches and care for a patient as a person with outstanding quality of medical care...
The overall staff [at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York] was very nice to me. They made me feel so comfortable like I was home. They greeted me by my first name every time I walk into the office...Elena was the best nurse ever. She’s a great and caring nurse. She offers helpful advice and suggestions. She is prompt to respond to calls and emails...One of the best medical experiences I had with a while...
Dr.Fritz and he’s staff are absolutely amazing. One of the best medical experiences I had with a while. After one treatment of IUI I’m pregnant with my second child. Before going to Dr.Fritz My husband and I was trying to conceive for over a year and now I’m pregnant because of Dr Fritz. I’m sad he’s not going to be my ObGyn but I trust he’s referral and I will miss him. Thank you so much
If you are having infertility issue please go to Dr.Fritz.
I felt so comfortable with Dr. Fritz. He’s one of the best doctors I had in awhile. He’s very attentive and reassuring when you are in his care. Coming to his office was a wonderful and warm experience from start to finish. I can’t express how incredible He is as a doctor. Not only has he taken great care of my health but also very pleasant to speak with at every appointment. It’s rare to find a doctor that combines such personal touches and care for a patient as a person with outstanding quality of medical care. I highly recommend becoming his patient!
I went through one IUI treatment with one trigger shot
Elena was the best nurse ever. She’s a great and caring nurse. She offers helpful advice and suggestions. She is prompt to respond to calls and emails. My husband and I have not had any negative interactions with her and shes our only choice when we plan to have another child.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
I have no complaints on the clinic. The overall staff was very nice to me. They made me feel so comfortable like I was home. They greeted me by my first name every time I walk into the office. They made me feel so good.
I’m not sure of the cost my insurance covered everything.
My doctor picked the best treatment for me

2021, 18 Eggs Frozen
They [nursing staff at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of NY] went over all the details, made sure I felt comfortable giving myself the medications, and called me to review my results and let me know what dose of medications to take. Although they are busy at times, I did not feel rushed and felt that they got to know me...great location, great doctors, great nursing staff, clean and comfortable atmosphere, great communication. The office is easily accessible by public transportation...Busy at times, but they run efficient.
Dr. Fritz was very warm, kind, and compassionate. He broke down the egg freezing process in detail and explained it terms that I was able to understand. He was accessible by email and quick to return emails during the process when questions came up. He knew I was nervous going into the retrieval and called to follow up with me the next day and let me know how many eggs we were able to freeze. I always felt like I was in good hands with Dr. Fritz.
Feel free to ask Dr. Fritz all the questions you may have- he is great at explaining things and ensuring that you are aware of what is being done during your treatment.
Dr. Fritz was very kind, warm, knowledgable, and comforting. From the initial consult, he took the time to explain the egg freezing process in detail and answered all my questions. Nothing ever felt rushed. He was always accessible by email to answer questions I had along the way. Knowing that I was very nervous going into this egg retrieval, he called me after the procedure to check in and discussed how many eggs we froze. The wait to have my ultrasounds and blood work was never very long and the nurse and assistant drawing my blood were always very pleasant and personable.
He first started me on birth control for about 1 week. After the birth control he started me on two separate injection medications (Menopur and Gonal F). After a couple of days on those injections he started a third injection called Cetrotide to prevent me from releasing my eggs. Twenty eggs were retrieved, of which 18 were able to be frozen.
The nursing staff was great! They went over all the details, made sure I felt comfortable giving myself the medications, and called me to review my results and let me know what dose of medications to take. Although they are busy at times, I did not feel rushed and felt that they got to know me.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Strengths- great location, great doctors, great nursing staff, clean and comfortable atmosphere, great communication. The office is easily accessible by public transportation. Weaknesses- Busy at times, but they run efficient.
I had coverage for the consult, but I did not have coverage for the egg freezing process. The cost for the egg freezing and medications were separate- all together approximately $10,000.
I did egg freezing, not planning on transferring an embryo anytime soon, but he did say if I ever use these that he will favor transferring 1 embryo.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr Fritz always took the time to answer our questions and concerns thoroughly and kindly. Even if he was not in the office at the time of my exam or scans, I could always count on a phone call later that day to discuss the results and questions directly with him...He is precise, thorough, and research based...Dr Fritz was open to using HGH at my request (which yielded no additional success) but I was happy that he was open to suggestion and input...
The online portal makes communication with the nursing staff [at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists] very easy and accessible. If any questions came up, I was able to leave a message and was contacted in a couple of hours...The clinic as a whole is good. It is however extremely busy...Be prepared to wait at times but rest assured when you are seen you will get the Dr.'s full attention and care...I was able to form so many nice relationships with this staff that really helped on the "difficult days"...
As many women suffering with fertility issues can relate, my journey to motherhood has been complicated with some major losses and setbacks. As a result, the whole process has been particularly difficult and full of anxieties and a difficult time trusting all health professionals. Before I found Dr. Fritz, we had seen a few other doctors and left their care secondary to either cancelled cycles, negligence, and even rudeness. Meeting Dr Fritz was a breath of fresh air. His knowledge, patience, and kindness are unparalleled. He is extremely thorough and ensures every i is dotted and every t is crossed. He truly cares about our well-being and success. I felt he was always in our corner and cheering us on towards success as well as guiding us there.
Feel comfortable to be yourself to Dr. Fritz. He is kind, humble, and open. I would often apologize because I would ask 100 questions each visit and one visit he looked at me and said, " I would never be offended by your questions. In fact ask away. You have never seen me on the opposite end, I would be asking just as many questions if it were the other way around." This comment in particular stood out to me because it made me feel like we could relate and that he truly understood my fears.
After a long and difficult road to pregnancy, I have become a very OCD and rather "difficult" patient. Dr Fritz always took the time to answer our questions and concerns thoroughly and kindly. Even if he was not in the office at the time of my exam or scans, I could always count on a phone call later that day to discuss the results and questions directly with him. Dr Fritz has given us several ways to contact him to discuss questions or concerns and even replies on his days off. Dr Fritz is one of the most compassionate and knowledgeable doctors out there.
My case was particularly challenging secondary to diminished ovarian reserve and other complications. Dr Fritz was confident in his choices and because of him we were able to obtain 7 PGS tested embryos with an AMH of .7. Dr Fritz was open to using HGH at my request (which yielded no additional success) but I was happy that he was open to suggestion and input. In addition to the retrievals Dr Fritz performed multiple ERA procedures until the optimal receptivity period was identified. He is precise, thorough, and research based.
The online portal makes communication with the nursing staff very easy and accessible. If any questions came up, I was able to leave a message and was contacted in a couple of hours. The phone system was busy at times but I could always reach Dr Fritz via email or phone.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The clinic as a whole is good. It is however extremely busy. I believe it is busy because it has physicians like Dr. Fritz that are compassionate and thorough. Be prepared to wait at times but rest assured when you are seen you will get the Dr.'s full attention and care. I can also speak about the really positive experiences I had when dealing with Dr Sung and Dr Saketos. I felt like everyone including the front desk staff, the phelbotomists, Chris the lead US tech (she deserves absolute recognition for her skill, kindess, and expertise), nurses, and egg retrieval teams were fabulous. I was able to form so many nice relationships with this staff that really helped on the "difficult days". Kindness goes a long way.
Insurance covered almost all services except PGS testing
After hearing the risks from Dr Fritz regarding multiple embryo transfers I was only interested in eSET.

2020 - 2021, Successful
He [Dr. Fritz] made sure to listen and explain everything every step of the way...he laid out all of our options, the pros and cons, and what steps they entailed. We ended up choosing IUI over IVF and he was very supportive of our decision. He made sure to run extensive tests prior to the IUI to ensure the best chances of success...Letrozole (to stimulate egg growth) and Cabergoline (to level out my imbalanced prolactin levels) pills prior to the IUI....
They [NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of NY] also had ample covered parking which is nice for rainy or snowy days. The phlebotomists are also very good at blood draws...My partner and I always felt welcomed and respected...The [nursing staff] were helpful when I had to clarify anything, such as the timing for the ovulation test...I felt very safe with their covid protocols (patients call from the parking lot and once they are ready for you, you are called in and your temperature is checked at the door)...
Dr. Fritz is kind and personable. He made sure to listen and explain everything every step of the way. During the initial consultation (which was a telehealth visit due to covid), he laid out all of our options, the pros and cons, and what steps they entailed. We ended up choosing IUI over IVF and he was very supportive of our decision. He made sure to run extensive tests prior to the IUI to ensure the best chances of success, with a healthy baby. He was genuinely so happy for us when the first IUI try was a success!
If you have any questions or are unsure of anything, be sure to ask. Dr. Fritz is always happy to answer/explain everything.
Dr. Fritz is very personable and a great communicator. He explained our options and treatment every step of the way. He made sure to listen to our needs and answer every question.
We utilized Letrozole (to stimulate egg growth) and Cabergoline (to level out my imbalanced prolactin levels) pills prior to the IUI. We also had a trigger shot on hand in case the at home ovulation test showed no LH surge - but did not need it.
How competent was Rani Fritz at LGBTQ care?
Dr. Fritz welcomed my partner and I with open arms. His goal was always our goal. On sonograms, he would write cute notes for us as well.
The were helpful when I had to clarify anything, such as the timing for the ovulation test.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
I felt very safe with their covid protocols (patients call from the parking lot and once they are ready for you, you are called in and your temperature is checked at the door). They also had ample covered parking which is nice for rainy or snowy days. The phlebotomists are also very good at blood draws (I have tiny veins so this is a big plus for me).
The IUI was a flat rate which made billing easy. It was out of pocket since my insurance did not cover it. Insurance also did not cover the psych evaluation. All other tests prior to were covered by insurance though, such as the Hysterosalpingography (HSG).
How competent was NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York at LGBTQ care?
My partner and I always felt welcomed and respected.
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Two vials of donor sperm were sent to their office and stored with no issues.

2021, Successful
[Dr. Rani Fritz] spoke to me in a way that made me feel that I was an active participant in my care and treatment course...His demeanor when he walks into a room automatically calms the air and when he counsels you, you automatically feel at ease with the journey that you're about to embark on...clearly explained to me the risks, benefits, and alternatives in a manner that was easy for me to comprehend.
They [Nurses at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York] are THE team that I would want at every doctor's office. Each person had a specific job, but everyone worked together and helped each other when needed. They made their patients feel like a part of a family. I didn't feel like just another patient in the office. Every part of the team knew the name of every patient (without looking). I don't know how they do it-- but they did!
Dr. Fritz was a physician that understood the pains and frustrations of why patients need to see an infertility specialist. His demeanor when he walks into a room automatically calms the air and when he counsels you, you automatically feel at ease with the journey that you're about to embark on. He spoke to me in a way that made me feel that I was an active participant in my care and treatment course. He clearly explained to me the risks, benefits, and alternatives in a manner that was easy for me to comprehend.
I would write down all my questions and not feel afraid to ask them. Don't think that you're wasting all of Dr. Fritz's time with all the frivolous questions-- he is there to answer all of them. He certainly answered ALL of mine. And if there's an answer that I didn't understand, I'd ask my question again.
Dr. Fritz tailored his explanation to the patient and didn't use jargon that was unfamiliar. He took the time to re-explain things that I didn't understand. He understood the frustrations that I was having and he validated them while giving me viable solutions and treatment plans for my husband and I. His treatment plans were understandable and clear.
I did IUI for several cycles and we spoke and prepared for possible IVF. However, I never started IVF as we were able to achieve our desired result.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York. (Assigned nurse: Elena Langoria)
Elena, Lishon, and Laverne were phenomenal. They are THE team that I would want at every doctor's office. Each person had a specific job, but everyone worked together and helped each other when needed. They made their patients feel like a part of a family. I didn't feel like just another patient in the office. Every part of the team knew the name of every patient (without looking). I don't know how they do it-- but they did!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
This clinic was warm, welcoming, and understanding. I came to see Dr. Fritz for a specific reason and I left understanding what the problems were, how we were going to address my infertility, and ultimately I achieved my desired result. Furthermore, the nurses and the rest of the care team were just phenomenal. It didn't feel like I was just another patient walking into a cold sterile clinic. I was person that needed help and I walked into a clinic that was warm, understanding, and empathetic to my needs.
We initially had problems with our insurance and paperwork. And the thought of the costs associated with fertility treatments were daunting. Furthermore, I also received a bill from insurance (in error) that was was quite unnerving. Luckily, Elena was able to help me with my bill and the financial issues with insurance. Furthermore, while we were considering IVF, she was able to put me in contact with the financial counselor prior to starting IVF to ensure that we wouldn't have any surprise bills in the future. She really went above and beyond her job title to help put me at ease with such a stressful aspect of infertility care.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Fritz is kind, compassionate, and took the time to get to know our specific situation before deciding on a treatment plan...He listened to our concerns, made a plan specific to our needs, and was ready to alter that plan as needed throughout our treatment...suggested an ERA to ensure my transfers were done at the proper timing. He also performed a hysteroscopy to remove polyps. I had a history of difficult embryo transfers, so Dr. Fritz did a trial transfer and also decided to have an anesthesiologist on standby, which was not needed during my transfer because he had completed the trial transfer and knew exactly how to avoid previous issues I had had with my other doctors.
They [NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of NY] can sometimes be a bit disorganized (i.e. two different staff members giving different answers to a question) but most issues were minor and this was the most efficiently run clinic of the 3 we had been to...On occasion we got different answers from staff, but each instance was a minor detail. We never had any major issues or anything that interfered with or delayed treatment in any way.
Dr. Fritz is kind, compassionate, and took the time to get to know our specific situation before deciding on a treatment plan. We had seen 2 doctors previously who seemed to just be checking items off a list, without regard to whether it was working for us, and Dr. Fritz was the exact opposite. He listened to our concerns, made a plan specific to our needs, and was ready to alter that plan as needed throughout our treatment.
Express any concerns with him, and he will surely assuage any fears you might have.
Dr. Fritz has the best bedside manner of all doctors we've met in our 4 year fertility journey. He took the time to really understand our specific situation, and built a treatment plan around our needs, never relying on a cookie cutter plan.
Dr. Fritz suggested an ERA to ensure my transfers were done at the proper timing. He also performed a hysteroscopy to remove polyps. I had a history of difficult embryo transfers, so Dr. Fritz did a trial transfer and also decided to have an anesthesiologist on standby, which was not needed during my transfer because he had completed the trial transfer and knew exactly how to avoid previous issues I had had with my other doctors.
Everyone at the office is so kind and helpful. No complaints!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
They can sometimes be a bit disorganized (i.e. two different staff members giving different answers to a question) but most issues were minor and this was the most efficiently run clinic of the 3 we had been to.
Strong preference on single ET
The other 2 clinics we had been to often asked if we "needed a donation cup" for our partner (we are 2 women). It was clear that they weren't reviewing our file before appointments to realize the obvious detail that we were using donor sperm. That was NEVER an issue here!
No issues with transport of donor sperm or frozen embryos from our prior facility.
What specific things went wrong at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Mineola
[Dr. Fritz] always took the time to answer all of our questions and ensure we were completely aware of every part of our treatments and all of our treatment options. He always made himself available for questions by email or by phone. We never felt rushed or left a consult or conversation without a full understanding of what the next steps were in our treatment.
The nursing staff [at NYU Langone] was excellent...they were compassionate and although the clinic seemed busy at times, I never felt rushed. They always took their times to answer my questions and walked me through my treatment...Their monitoring hours begin at 6:30AM, so it was never a problem for me to get to work on time during my treatment cycles.
Dr. Fritz is an excellent doctor and came highly recommended from a friend. He always took the time to answer all of our questions and ensure we were completely aware of every part of our treatments and all of our treatment options. He always made himself available for questions by email or by phone. We never felt rushed or left a consult or conversation without a full understanding of what the next steps were in our treatment. The fertility process was very stressful and there is a lot of uncertainty, but his warmth, detail oriented, and compassionate nature made us feel very comfortable and confident under his care.
You are in excellent hands. Do not hesitate to ask questions, even if they seem simple. He will always take his time to ensure you have a full understanding of the treatment and will never rush you.
Dr. Fritz came highly recommended from a friend. From his initial consultation, my husband and I immediately felt comfortable with the care we received. He always made an effort to contact us personally with important test results and treatment updates during our cycles. He has excellent bedside manner and was very compassionate during our care/treatment. We always had the feeling that he and his team were truly invested in our treatment and wanted the best outcomes for us.
After an extensive workup, were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. We underwent two cycles of clomid/IUI, which did not work and then we decided to proceed with IVF. We decided to do genetic testing on the embryos and transferred one healthy embryo in an artificial frozen embryo transfer cycle. The doses we used in our IVF cycle were 150 units of Gonal F and 150 units of Menopur with Cetrotide added in the middle of the cycle. The oocyte retrieval went smoothly and the recovery was quick. We retrieved 15 eggs and eventually generated 5 embryos with 4 of them being genetically normal. Our frozen embryo cycle was with oral estrogen 2 times per day and intramuscular injections of progesterone.
The nursing staff was excellent. I primarily communicated with 3 or 4 nurses. They were compassionate and although the clinic seemed busy at times, I never felt rushed. They always took their times to answer my questions and walked me through my treatment.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The strengths are the doctors, nursing staff, and ultimately the results. The weaknesses are that it can be very busy at times with waits during morning monitoring, however, overall well run considering their volume. Their monitoring hours begin at 6:30AM, so it was never a problem for me to get to work on time during my treatment cycles.
My costs were covered by my insurance with the exception of the genetic testing on the embryos (~$4,500).
Dr. Fritz stated that due to the fact that we were genetically testing our embryos and given our age, it was recommended to transfer one embryo.
Mineola
Dr Fritz’s extensive knowledge in the field, skill, and work ethic make him a wonderful Reproductive Endocrinologist, but his bedside manner separates him from the rest! I never felt rushed during visits and I was fully heard. He took my suggestions I gathered from research and online support groups into consideration when planning my cycles. He was open to a balanced fertility approach, combining western and eastern medicine for the best possible results. He responded to my emails in a timely fashion and often picked up the phone to call me in lieu of emailing me back. He was attentive, thorough, informative, and professional.
The [NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of NY] clinic is managed well and efficient. Clean facility that adhered to Covid protocols. Early morning hours very convenient for bloodwork and didn’t interfere with my work schedule. I barely ever waited more than 10 min in the waiting room before my scheduled appointments...I had to be vigilant when it came to Patient Portal messages as I found a discrepancy once or twice in terms of specific directives relayed to me through the portal system. Had to ask several times about bloodwork results that was ordered but not released to me
I would recommend any patient to advocate for themselves by researching the latest trends in fertility and inquiring Dr Fritz whether or not those protocols would behoove your individual fertility needs based on your unique issues or setbacks.
Dr Fritz’s willingness to hear my thoughts, his caring demeanor and reassuring words during the ups and downs promoted trust, comfort, hope, and the courage for me to continue my fertility journey.
Estrace 2 mg, baby aspirin 81 mg, Zithromax 250 mg, Medrol 16 mg, progesterone in sesame oil, HCG, Gonal F 200, Menopur 225, cetrotide .25 mg
Compassionate and caring. I had to be vigilant when it came to Patient Portal messages as I found a discrepancy once or twice in terms of specific directives relayed to me through the portal system. Had to ask several times about bloodwork results that was ordered but not released to me. (At times, this was a lab issue outside the clinic.)
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The clinic is managed well and efficient. Clean facility that adhered to Covid protocols. Early morning hours very convenient for bloodwork and didn’t interfere with my work schedule. I barely ever waited more than 10 min in the waiting room before my scheduled appointments.
My health insurance paid for the bulk of my fertility treatments. I paid out of pocket for PGTA testing
Dr Fritz recommended I transfer one instead of both of my mosaics. His rationale was that sometimes if one embryo fails to implant, it may negatively impact the other.
Mineola
My doctor [Dr. Fritz] didn't have a strong number preference but he did advised no more than 2 embryos, because of the chances of multiples...I felt like a human and not a number by his bedside manner. He was thorough and walked me through every step. If I had any questions or concerns they were always addressed in a timely manner...
The nursing staff [at NYU Langone] was excellent, they always accommodated my work schedule even when there was no available times...The clinic is very organized and clean. I've never had to wait longer than 10 minutes to be seen or to have labs done. I honestly can't find a weakness I've been accommodated well at this clinic...I went in for monitoring at my convenience during monitoring times. if something wasn't available I was advise to call and if they can take me early they will.
My experience with Dr. Fritz was superb. He's the third RE I've seen trying to conceive, he was the warmest yet still to the point and made me feel like I was in good hands. I was schedule for a fresh transfer but due to high hormone levels Dr. Fritz suggested it wasn't the best idea to transfer but if I wanted to he will. He explained that I would have better pregnancy results with a frozen transfer. I took his advice and I'm now pregnant.
I would say you're in good and trustworthy hands.
I don't remember the full strategy and doses but some of the drugs used in my cycle were GONAL-F, Menopur, Progesterone in oil, Estrogen patches, Cetrotide, and HCG. One treatment strategy was with my high hormone levels when the doctor suggested better results will come from a frozen transfer than a fresh transfer because of the high hormone levels. A positive pregnancy was the result of using this rationale.
The nursing staff was excellent, they always accommodated my work schedule even when there was no available times. Everyone was courteous and greeted you pleasantly by your name.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
My doctor didn't have a strong number preference but he did advised no more than 2 embryos, because of the chances of multiples.
Mineola
He [Dr. Fritz] quickly figured out the best routine for my body and what meds worked best...He emailed and responded to all phone messages. He called back when we had questions after leaving NYU Langone. He did not have me come in for unnecessary appointments or unnecessary bloodwork, each appointment had a purpose...
They [NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of NY] are quick and organized. Always leave with having appointment made for your next visit. The offices handled the covid pandemic with ease. Offices are clean and there is always someone available to help you or answer a question you may have...They [nurses] went above and beyond to call around and get me me medications that were time sensitive.
He was kind, straight to the point and had a plan that was effective. He was a great communicator and was experienced. He quickly figured out the best routine for my body and what meds worked best. He took all phone calls and emails from my husband when I couldn’t communicate accurately what all the meds did and why we were using them. He was extremely helpful. He performed my second embryo transfer which resulted in pregnancy.
Adjusted my progesterone to meet standards. Slow weening of progesterone after positive pregnancy test and slow weening of estrogen patch. Prescribed me the viagra I needed to increase my uterin lining to be ready for transfer. Switched my estrogen pills to the patch because of the nausea from the pills.
Nursing staff was great. They got to know me and my son who came to almost every appointment with me. They were always happy and caring. Helped me with any injections I needed help with. They went above and beyond to call around and get me me medications that were time sensitive.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
They are quick and organized. Always leave with having appointment made for your next visit. The offices handled the covid pandemic with ease. Offices are clean and there is always someone available to help you or answer a question you may have.
Health insurance covered most expenses. Payed copays for injections and accessories and other medications. Biopsy received was not covered and cost $700.00
Mineola
From the moment we met Dr. Fritz, we felt very comfortable. He explained all our treatments in detail. I never felt rushed or pushed. He always answered his emailed and when needed, would check in by phone to discuss the progress of our treatment. I can recall there was one time when he was on vacation, but we had what we thought was an important question. He called us back despite being on vacation and helped put us at ease. We are very grateful to have found Dr. Fritz to help us grow our family.
After 2 failed cycles and 1 miscarriage, we reconsulted and decided to begin IVF with genetic testing [at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York]...We retrieved 18 eggs, 10 embryos, which resulted in 7 genetically normal embryos. We did a frozen embryo transfer cycle and transferred one embryo. Current, we are pregnant!...The nursing staff were excellent and efficient. They got to know me well after being a patient for many months. Many times they were a breath of fresh air during this stressful time.
Ask all of your questions and do not hesitate to reach out to him when new questions arise.
From our first meeting with Dr. Fritz, he was kind, patient and made sure to explain and answer everything in detail. He also spent the time to answer all of our questions. He always discussed all treatment options with us and I never felt pushed and when I asked for his advice, he was very forthcoming and honest. He was always available and responded to emails quickly. At my previous clinic, I felt that I could never reach my doctor and that is one of the major reasons why I switched clinics.
After an extensive work up, we fell into the unexplained fertility category. Dr. Fritz recommended trying IUI with Femera. After 2 failed cycles and 1 miscarriage, we reconsulted and decided to begin IVF with genetic testing. For our IVF cycle, we used Gonal F 150 units and Menopur 150 units and Cetrotide. We retrieved 18 eggs, 10 embryos, which resulted in 7 genetically normal embryos. We did a frozen embryo transfer cycle and transferred one embryo. Current, we are pregnant!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The strengths included wonderful doctors and wonderful staff. I would highly recommend receiving treatment with Dr. Fritz. At times, morning hours could be busy, but they are as efficient as possible. It is worth the wait for good quality care.
fortunately, my insurance covered all costs associated with my care aside for the genetic testing that was around $4,500.
Dr. Fritz explained that given my age and that we were doing genetic testing that we only transfer one embryo. He also discussed the risk of twins.

2021 - 2022, Successful
I had two successful egg freezing/retrieval procedures with Dr. Fritz...As an African-American female, I had questions about the success of the procedure and medications used for my specific background and he answered every one with data and clear communication. Sometimes I had appointments when Dr. Fritz was not in a particular office, but he always followed up with me on my tests, scans and next steps.
Dr. Fritz and the office staff [at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York] were very professional, personable and timely with their responses. Directions to take my daily injections were easy and clear to follow. Sometimes it was hard to get in contact with a nurse after my procedure and I had to leave multiple messages with the messaging service. I would have liked to have a direct contact after my retrieval.
I had two successful egg freezing/retrieval procedures with Dr. Fritz. He was answered every single question and was extremely personable. As an African-American female, I had questions about the success of the procedure and medications used for my specific background and he answered every one with data and clear communication. Sometimes I had appointments when Dr. Fritz was not in a particular office, but he always followed up with me on my tests, scans and next steps.
Dr. Fritz answered every single question and was extremely personable. As an African-American female, I had questions about the success of the procedure and medications used for my specific background and he answered every one with data and clear communication.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York. (Assigned nurse: Elena Longoria)
Dr. Fritz and the office staff were very professional, personable and timely with their responses. Directions to take my daily injections were easy and clear to follow. Sometimes it was hard to get in contact with a nurse after my procedure and I had to leave multiple messages with the messaging service. I would have liked to have a direct contact after my retrieval.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The clinic was clean and not crowded and a great place for service. My appointments were always timely and I was seen quickly and able to get my tests and bloodwork done in a timely manner during my morning appointments.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Fritz's strengths are that he is extremely up-to-date in the most evidence-based forms of fertility care but also uses his clinical expertise, observations, and patient's preferences to adjust treatment as needed. He is very patient, compassionate and an excellent educator/communicator. He responds promptly to email and phone calls (even after hours and when he is not on call) and takes his time with the patients during the appointments. He is optimistic but sets reasonable expectations.
NYU of Brooklyn [Langone Reproductive Specialists] is very organized and the doctors and staff are wonderful. It was easy to get an appointment and I almost never waited for more than 10 minutes. They were good at returning calls and emails, even after office hours. One thing to be aware of is that the office is only open five days a week. So, if you need to be seen on a weekend, you must be prepared to travel to Long Island...
Do not be afraid to ask him questions when things seem unclear because he will always take his time to patiently explain everything in a very digestible manner, as long as you ask him to. I would say that he is one of the best doctors i have ever been under the care of in terms of knowledge/skill, compassion/patience, and the ability to communicate very complex information to his patients.
Dr. Fritz is one of the most caring and compassionate doctors I have ever worked with.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York. (Assigned nurse: Elana )
Elana was extremely knowledgeable and compassionate
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
NYU of Brooklyn is very organized and the doctors and staff are wonderful. It was easy to get an appointment and I almost never waited for more than 10 minutes. They were good at returning calls and emails, even after office hours. One thing to be aware of is that the office is only open five days a week. So, if you need to be seen on a weekend, you must be prepared to travel to Long Island.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Despite our difficulties, it was evident Dr Fritz never gave up, and continued to do all he could to find the protocol that could possibly (and finally did) work for us. He was always realistic, kind, encouraging, optimistic, empathetic, and human...Dr. Fritz was always kind, sincere encouraging, and most importantly sincerely tried to find the most effective protocol for our situation....
The clinic [NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York] as a whole is kind, compassionate, and encouraging. It has an organized system and the patient knows what to expect. The only weakness, going outside regular hours once , didn’t get feedback within usual quick timing...Dr. Fritz was always kind, sincere encouraging, and most importantly sincerely tried to find the most effective protocol for our situation...
You can trust Dr. Fritz without hesitation for your treatment.
I am in my 40s with extremely low ovarian reserve, and have never been pregnant in my life. After 4 egg retrievals prior, Dr. Fritz became our doctor, though our prospects were low we were determined to do all we could to have a child. Dr. Fritz was always kind, sincere encouraging, and most importantly sincerely tried to find the most effective protocol for our situation.
Before starting treatment with Dr. Fritz he recommended I start taking DHEA and COq10 to improve ovarian reserve. Prior to the cycle start I took estrogen, then during cycle I took Gonol F, and Menopure, over the cycles some amounts of these medication were increased. During my first 4 cycles with another Dr. I had only one follicle, and one egg retrieved each round, the last five cycles with Dr. Fritz, 2-4 eggs were retrieved each round.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The clinic as a whole is kind, compassionate, and encouraging. It has an organized system and the patient knows what to expect. The only weakness, going outside regular hours once , didn’t get feedback within usual quick timing.
Insurance covered much of our costs. We did pay for genetic testing of embryos, as well as a uterine biopsy.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Fritz was very personable and I felt comfortable in my visits with him. He explained and communicated very well and would show me what I was looking at on ultrasounds so that I could understand. He knew what was best to help me achieve my result and here I am pregnant on my first IVF!...he actually got to know me and would remember me...I was very nervous about only transferring 1 egg since I only had so many attempts with insurance I wanted to be safe and transfer 2. But Dr Fritz wanted me to stick with one, he felt it would be too risky for me to try 2 at once and I listened to him and got pregnant with just the 1 egg!
They [nurses at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York] were always attentive and helped with my progesterone shots when needed...The clinic was willing to work with me since I had an hour commute they would accommodate and give me later appointments to work with my schedule as well as helped me with FMLA forms so that way I wouldn't be penalized at work for missing chunks of time...
To trust the doctor and the process
I felt like a human with Dr Fritz because he actually got to know me and would remember me
They were always attentive and helped with my progesterone shots when needed
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Everything was covered under my insurance aside from medications
2021, Successful
Dr. Fritz quickly ordered all necessary tests and quickly found out everything. Dr Fritz was great in offering all options, we decided to go the IVF route. IVF is a difficult and confusing process. But with Dr Fritz and the team of staff at the clinic, the whole process was absolutely seamless...Dr Fritz really cares for his patients only matched by his skills as a doctor.
IVF is a difficult and confusing process. But with Dr Fritz and the team of staff at the clinic [NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of NY], the whole process was absolutely seamless. The professional and friendly staff assisted in making sure everything that could be covered would be covered by insurance and answered questions regarding medication, doses, procedures, and appointments.
After some complications trying to get pregnant. My husband and I were losing hope. It was a mystery why I couldn't hold my pregnancy. Dr. Fritz quickly ordered all necessary tests and quickly found out everything. Dr Fritz was great in offering all options, we decided to go the IVF route. IVF is a difficult and confusing process. But with Dr Fritz and the team of staff at the clinic, the whole process was absolutely seamless. The professional and friendly staff assisted in making sure everything that could be covered would be covered by insurance and answered questions regarding medication, doses, procedures, and appointments. Dr Fritz really cares for his patients only matched by his skills as a doctor. He told us that he was confident and we were happy to recently graduate from the clinic to an obgyn and going 9th week into our pregnancy. Thank you Dr Fritz and team!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
It was not that much compared that I expected
Brooklyn
Dina and the rest of the nurses [at NYU Langone Reproductive Services] were just amazing, informative and kind. Such a pleasure to have met all of them...Convenient early hours to schedule appointments before work, flexibility, very kind staff. The staff gets to know you from day one. The office is clean, the staff is so friendly. There are no negatives in my opinion...He [Dr. Rani Fritz] is more than happy to answer any and all questions!...He always treated my wife and I with respect, built a relationship with us and got to know us for who we are...was extremely professional, courteous and kind. He kept us informed throughout the process and explained everything in detail each visit. We always left feeling well informed and knowing what to expect. The experience was great!...I began taking Estradiol, as my uterine lining was thin. Each week I was monitored and had bloodwork taken. Once it was getting close to IUI time I was given femara and I had a trigger shot to ovulate.
Dr. fritz was extremely professional, courteous and kind. He kept us informed throughout the process and explained everything in detail each visit. We always left feeling well informed and knowing what to expect. The experience was great!
Ask good questions if something is on your mind. He is more than happy to answer any and all questions!
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dina)
Dina and the rest of the nurses were just amazing, informative and kind. Such a pleasure to have met all of them.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Lucky enough to have had the visits covered under my insurance plan.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Fritz made us feel completely at ease under his care. He is detail oriented and always available for questions. We couldn’t ask for a better doctor. Being a doctor myself, the care he provides is above any others I’ve ever met...He is always available to answer questions and never makes you feel rushed or bothered. He provides exceptional care.
Being at this [NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of NY] clinic for a long time, I became very close with all staff. They were always compassionate and comforting during the hardest of Times...Excellent, streamlined care. I have no complaints! Results would always be communicated to you in the afternoon and instructions were always clearly provided. The nurses and staff get to know you on a first name basis and make you feel you’re in the best of care!
Dr. Fritz made us feel completely at ease under his care. He is detail oriented and always available for questions. We couldn’t ask for a better doctor. Being a doctor myself, the care he provides is above any others I’ve ever met!
My husband and I recommend him without hesitation to anyone!
Dr. Fritz is the most compassionate and kind doctor I’ve ever seen. He is always available to answer questions and never makes you feel rushed or bothered. He provides exceptional care.
Being at this clinic for a long time, I became very close with all staff. They were always compassionate and comforting during the hardest of Times!

2022, 19 Eggs Frozen
1 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr. Fritz is clearly a highly skilled doctor. There is no doubt that his expertise enabled me to freeze a really high number of eggs from one ovary without any serious side effects. He pays attention to and is clear about risks and closely monitored me to ensure there were no adverse side effects...he does not have good bedside manner and is not good at managing patients. He comes across as condescending, belittling and trying to be compassionate...
The clinic [NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York] operates as a factory. It’s very in and out, they do not take the time to answer questions and seem annoyed when questions are asked. They are very rushed. Wait times can be long. It is difficult to get in touch with someone during office hours. The nurses can be very disorganized. The coordinating staff can be condescending. The clinic is shabby and can use a facelift. All that said, the doctors are clearly excellent at what they do...
Dr. Fritz is clearly a highly skilled doctor. There is no doubt that his expertise enabled me to freeze a really high number of eggs from one ovary without any serious side effects. He pays attention to and is clear about risks and closely monitored me to ensure there were no adverse side effects. On the basis of my results I would recommend him as a doctor. That said, I would tell anyone I recommend him to that he does not have good bedside manner and is not good at managing patients. He comes across as condescending, belittling and trying to be compassionate—in short, he falls short. But as a cancer patient with a short timeline, he achieved fantastic results and so I would recommend him.
Be prepared going in that he does not have good bedside manner, but don’t let that deter you from using him as a doctor as he is highly skilled.
I don’t know if it’s a lack of experience in managing patients with cancer or it’s the in and out nature of fertility clinics in general, but I felt very rushed and felt like I was talked down to when I had questions. Dr. Fritz and Kevin can be very condescending. I came out of appointments feeling belittled rather than empowered. I felt like the approach was very much we will tell you what to do, you listen, end of story. I also had to wait a long time for certain appointments (upwards of an hour), which I understand happens, but I think care should be given to a patient with a cancer diagnosis who in addition to work, waking up early for fertility appointments, and being on hormone injections, is also managing oncology appointments and the emotional toll of a cancer diagnosis.
The nursing staff was difficult to get in touch with and disorganized.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The clinic operates as a factory. It’s very in and out, they do not take the time to answer questions and seem annoyed when questions are asked. They are very rushed. Wait times can be long. It is difficult to get in touch with someone during office hours. The nurses can be very disorganized. The coordinating staff can be condescending. The clinic is shabby and can use a facelift. All that said, the doctors are clearly excellent at what they do. I think going to the clinic with eyes wide open to the faults so expectations are managed is worthwhile in order to use the doctors there.
The nurses are disorganized and more than one time I had to correct them when they were giving me medication instructions because the doctor had told me something different that morning (I was right).
Mineola

Doctor [Dr. Rani Fritz] always showed warm bedside manner, always called back personally when we requested to speak with him directly...He showed compassion during hard news but also always showed continued hope that treatment would work, which was important to us...Started synthroid for borderline high TSH start of treatment. Menopur and follistim pen at first, then add cetrotide and then pregnyl trigger shot for egg retrieval. Husband referred to urologist for MFI. Husband started clomid. Did ERA cycle prior to transfer with estrogen patches and progesterone in oil. Replicated patches and PIO for frozen transfer and it worked!
[Nurses at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York] Kind and caring. Compassionate when it was needed most. Had an SCH early on after transfer and could not be more grateful for the compassion the nurses showed when I was scared...Long wait times for appointments, appointment times not always available when needed. However, I was doing IVF during a pandemic so not sure if this is the norm. Excellent online portal that provides all the information you need and/or forgot to write down when speaking to nurses. Their system is designed to help you not forget the many moving parts of fertility treatment.
So happy that Dr. Fritz was able to help us start our family. Feeling incredibly blessed that we only needed to do one round of IVF and one transfer due to his recommendations and expertise. He showed compassion during hard news but also always showed continued hope that treatment would work, which was important to us.
Be your own advocate. If you are unsure of something or confused, don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Doctor always showed warm bedside manner, always called back personally when we requested to speak with him directly. Nurses and sono techs were always friendly and kind
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Majority of cycle paid for by insurance, paid out of pocket for storage fees and PGT testing. Medications also covered by insurance.
We only had one embryo but did discuss risks prior to retrieval so we knew our options if we had more than one.
Mineola
Doctor Fritz always took the time to answer all questions, explain the process ,and listen to our concerns. He would present us with all of our options an respect and support the choices we made. He was always available to us even giving his cell phone number to contact and even answered when on vacation. When we had successes he genuinely felt excited and happy for us. He became more than just a doctor but a friend too.
The Mineola [NYU Langone] office was very big so sometimes you would have to wait a long time before being seen. I would go before work and at times it made me late to work because of how long I had to wait. The other offices were smaller and more intimate so I was in and out quicker...Most of the staff was compassionate and cared and would ask questions. Some of the nurses were not...It was more affordable than I expected. Insurance covered a good amount.
There are many things that make Dr Fritz an exceptional doctor. He would always take the time to make sure we understood exactly what we were going through and explain things in a way we understood. We never felt like we we rushed in our visits, he wanted to make sure we felt comfortable with our decisions and understood. He not only advised us from a medical logical point of view but it always felt like he cared as well and respected our wishes and how hard the process was. He always made us feel that we would get to our dream of having a child and not to give up. He was always available even when on vacation to support us and answer questions. We felt extremely comfortable with him.
Do not give up and believe in your doctors and what they tell you because if you are willing to follow their advice and fight they will get you there.
We had been to two fertility doctors before Dr Fritz and they had both misdiagnosed me. I had been going through treatments for over a year and also had one surgery to remove a fibroid and still had no luck getting pregnant so the next step was IUI or IVF and the doctor we were seeing didn’t do those procedures. From the first visit and my first sonogram Dr Fritz correctly diagnosed my reason for infertility. We went through one round of IUI which he said probably wouldn’t help the problem and it didn’t work. He respected that we didn’t want to waste time with it and wanted to go straight to IVF. Before beginning IVF he wanted to do surgery to remove as much of endometriosis as possible and endometrioma, which seemed to help because I got pregnant shortly after. We had one egg retrieval with him which was very successful and gave us 9 healthy embryos. We had one round of IVF which resulted in a pregnancy but I had a miscarriage. The second round we began but didn’t get to the transfer because of Covid it was cancelled. Finally the third round was successful and we now have a baby girl!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The Mineola office was very big so sometimes you would have to wait a long time before being seen. I would go before work and at times it made me late to work because of how long I had to wait. The other offices were smaller and more intimate so I was in and out quicker.
It was more affordable than I expected. Insurance covered a good amount.
Now that I have my daughter it was the right choice! One child is hard enough!
Just at times making me late to work with the long wait times.
Mineola
The doctor [Dr. Rani Fritz] made himself available at any possible time, he explained things to me extremely clearly and repeatedly if necessary, he was patient and kind and thoughtful and he truly went above and beyond, reaching out if I didn't touch base, making sure the staff took care of everything and all of my needs. Really a fantastic experience in every way...When a genetic marker did come up he really pushed us speaking with the experts in that field in order to make a fully informed decision as we moved forward. Finally, he clearly laid our our options and the pros and cons every single time so that we could make the decision that we were comfortable with - for instance we were more comfortable doing IUI without medication at first because the medication increases chances of multiples and it was
The hours [at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York] were very morning based. They have great hours for before work as they open up as early as 6:40 am. Afternoons were trickier, as are sonograms as the doctors don't come in until 8am so they cant take you before then...They [nurses] honestly knew me and were friendly and helpful every visit. Reaching out outside of appointments, making themselves and any information I needed available.
As I already described, Dr. Fritz was professional as well as compassionate. His bedside manner left me feeling comfortable and confident. He was informative and patient, laid out all the options every time, was forthcoming with his opinion based on experience as well as the statistics. He made this trying experience as positive as it could possibly be and really went above and beyond as not only a doctor but a caring person.
He's the best, you are in good hands!
The doctor made himself available at any possible time, he explained things to me extremely clearly and repeatedly if necessary, he was patient and kind and thoughtful and he truly went above and beyond, reaching out if I didn't touch base, making sure the staff took care of everything and all of my needs. Really a fantastic experience in every way.
We did a lot of tests to make sure we have a full picture of my reproductive situation as well as my husbands, including an HSG test, a fully updated genetic battery, a sperm test, and others I can't recall. We tried monitored planned natural intercourse, IUI cycles alone, and IUI with Femera. My situation was tricky as I have only one Fallopian tube and the doctor repeated all of our options including just being patient as my situation was going to make it just that much more challenging naturally. He helped me keep my wits and not get quite so anxious considering my circumstances. When a genetic marker did come up he really pushed us speaking with the experts in that field in order to make a fully informed decision as we moved forward. Finally, he clearly laid our our options and the pros and cons every single time so that we could make the decision that we were comfortable with - for instance we were more comfortable doing IUI without medication at first because the medication increases chances of multiples and it was fully our decision when we decided to use medication to increase the odds with my single fallopian tube situation. We discussed IVF but he was comfortable with us continuing IUI as the genetic counselors were supportive and with the understanding that my single fallopian tube might be a delay in itself. He just really laid out all the options and considered every angle with us every single month so we could come up with the best solution which made my husband and I the most comfortable.
They honestly knew me and were friendly and helpful every visit. Reaching out outside of appointments, making themselves and any information I needed available.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The hours were very morning based. They have great hours for before work as they open up as early as 6:40 am. Afternoons were trickier, as are sonograms as the doctors don't come in until 8am so they cant take you before then.
My treatment was completely covered by my health insurance.