CCRM Houston/Houston IVF

Doctor, Nurse available by emailNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolDuke
Sugar Land
16545 SW Freeway
Sugar Land, TX 77479
713.465.1211
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Rashmi Kudesia to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM Houston/Houston IVF to a friend?
She [Dr. Rashmi Kudesia] was warm, friendly and compassionate . She answers questions when asked . However when I asked questions after an ultrasound , at times I felt like she was in a rush to leave the room the minute ultra sounds were completed . I felt as if I had a question it would be almost impossible to get them answered . I know she had other patients but it made the care given by her very rushed .
How was your experience with Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
She was warm, friendly and compassionate . She answers questions when asked . However when I asked questions after an ultrasound , at times I felt like she was in a rush to leave the room the minute ultra sounds were completed . I felt as if I had a question it would be almost impossible to get them answered . I know she had other patients but it made the care given by her very rushed .
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
She recently moved
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
Dr. Kudesia was friendly and answered questions related to my procedure . However , our sessions did feel rushed.
Describe the protocols Rashmi Kudesia used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I completed three rounds of IUI because my insurance didn’t allow for IVF until I had three rounds of the IUI. No pregnancy resulted from the IUI. Dr. Kudesia then started the IVF cycle but unfortunately had to move towards the end of my treatment.
When I had to meet with the nursing staff to discuss medication or had additional questions related to treatment the ladies were very compassionate and patient . They empathized with my situation and made attempts to keep me calm .
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
When you enter RMA , the clinic seems to be run like a well oiled machine . Everyone is seen efficiently and that’s wonderful when you are in a rush to go to work at then end of your appointment. However with that being said , it feels like a factory with a lack of compassion from the doctors responsible for your care . Return callls from the nurses take place within a few hours or by the end of the day . There are so many doctors on staff so getting in touch with your doctor may be difficult . My wish would be for a direct line to your doctor’s officers prevent going through the message answering protocol .
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring occurred very early in the morning . There was no flexibility which made it stressful and difficult to arrange times with work and getting to the appointment on time . I would prefer if they had afternoon hours to accommodate people with a different time schedule .
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York.
Thankfully my IUI was covered with my insurance . my insurance paid for some of the cost associated with the IVF. I was responsible for paying my co insurance , medication , anesthesia , ICSI and PGS testing .The medical coordinator was good at informing me when payment was due. After insurance , the cost for the above was around $9,000.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
When I started seeing her [Dr. Kudesia] she was nothing but human, and caring and understood my fears and anxieties after such a huge loss....The only issue I really had is after 2 failed IUI's she never enforced my husband to do a sperm analyisis... I loved her bedside manner and how personal and sweet she was, but I felt like she would just increase my dosage of Clomid each month I didnt get pregnant
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
The only issue I really had is after 2 failed IUI's she never enforced my husband to do a sperm analyisis. Considering I had been pregnant 3 times naturally before coming to the clinic, I think they just assumed his sperm was healthy. It wasn't until I personally had to enforce it did my husband get his sperm analysis and now here we are 8 months later still not pregnant, but found out that my husband has 0% motility. My 40th birthday is this year, and we will have to make a big decision about IVF. I loved her bedside manner and how personal and sweet she was, but I felt like she would just increase my dosage of Clomid each month I didnt get pregnant and was chalking it up to unexplained infertility, and shouldn't have even allowed us to do IUI without him having a sperm analysis.
To make sure you ask every question you have, as she doesn't really give answers unless you come with questions.
I felt like a human because I could really tell she cared. I had a full term still birth in 2016, I was 39 weeks pregnant and I lost my son to an umbilical cord accident. When I started seeing her she was nothing but human, and caring and understood my fears and anxieties after such a huge loss.
First we tested my AMH and it was very good, and since I had been pregnant 3 times before we just did a non-medicated natural cycle that she monitored. I produced follicles on my own, ovulated according to the blood work, etc. Then when that didn't work she suggested we go right to IUI unmedicated and I did one unmedicated and it didn't work. Then we did one IUI cycle where I took 50mg of clomid, and then they gave me the trigger shot of ovidrel and that IUI also failed. Then I didn't have any more money for IUI's and my insurance covers NOTHING for fertility treatments. So then she decided to increase my dose of clomid to 100mg and then I gave myself the trigger at home, negative again. Then she increased me to 150mg clomid and I did the trigger shot again at home, negative. That following month she discovered a polyp on my uterus and I had read that was a side effect of clomid. On Feb, 14th 2017 I had the polyp surgically removed. Before we started trying again and while I was healing I had my husband go get his sperm analysis. Thats when we discovered his motility was 0%.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths are efficiency. I was VERY surprised for NYC and how busy they were that I never waited more than 10-15 minutes in the waiting room, a lot better than my OB's office ! Also they were very friendly. The nurses called back very quickly and were good about getting any questions I had answered. I also liked that I had a way to communicate with Dr. Kudesia over email. I found that very personal. The weaknesses were that it has a feeling of being a business and that they almost hope you have to jump to IVF. In our case we do have to jump to IVF because of my age and my husbands sperm motility, and I just wished from day one they would have made him get tested.
$75 per blood test $250 for monitoring, $1250 for IUI, $150 for sperm analysis, $125 for phone calls, $375 for in person meet ups. All in all I spent 10K in 2017.
Brooklyn
We started with medicated cycles [with Dr. Rashmi Kudesia] and IUI given there were no other signals that we had any issues. After that failed 6 times, we moved to IVF. I went through 3 IVF cycles with Dr. Kudesia, all with different protocols. The first led to 0 day 5 embyros, the second had 1 (but it was abnormal following PGS testing) and the 3rd we did a day 5 fresh transfer as a last ditch effort to see if that would work.
European, East Asian
How was your experience with Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
Dr. Kudesia was available to answer questions in person when we made an appointment. She was clear, balanced and walked us through the available data on medicated cycles with IUI and IVF. We are a couple with a lot of questions and she took her time to answer everything. It never felt like she was trying to push us in a specific direction and she didn't get defensive when we questioned certain approaches based on our failed outcomes. She took time to call us over the weekend after we found out about all our embryos failing to reach day 5. It was devastating news, but we appreciated her call. She is upbeat, cheerful and encouraged me to stay positive while recognizing that was hard to do.
Schedule specific appointments if you want to have time to ask questions.
Dr. Kudesia was very understanding of our situation. We were grieving from the loss of our daughter who died shortly after she was born and found ourselves faced with infertility. Dr. Kudesia was incredibly sympathetic and available to meet with us on a regular basis to patiently answer all of our questions about medicated cycles, IUI and IVF.
With our daughter who passed away, I got pregnant quickly so Dr. Kudesia expected that we would get pregnant again. We started with medicated cycles and IUI given there were no other signals that we had any issues. After that failed 6 times, we moved to IVF. I went through 3 IVF cycles with Dr. Kudesia, all with different protocols. The first led to 0 day 5 embyros, the second had 1 (but it was abnormal following PGS testing) and the 3rd we did a day 5 fresh transfer as a last ditch effort to see if that would work.
I saw numerous nurses over the course of my year at RMA. The quality of the staff differed, but they were available to answer questions when I called RMA.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Having now gone to another practice, I see that RMA is a fertility factory. In retrospect, I feel that we didn't truly receive any personalized treatment. There is a standard set of tools that RMA uses without going deep on what the underlying issue might be. After 2 failed IVF cycles based on getting no PGC testing embryos, a panel of the RMA doctors didn't have any other suggestions beyond a different IVF protocol. They are not open to day 3 transfers. Since transferring to a different practice, we've done secondary tests for genetics, a biopsy identifying an infection, sperm fragmentation test and uncovered issues with each of these. These tests just were not available at RMA. We now think of RMA as a place to go to have certain procedures administered to you, but I don't think about it as a place where your doctor can truly "treat" you by offering individualized care and service.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring was fine in the morning. I got there when it opened and there was often a couple people in front of me waiting to go in.
Covered by my insurance, but I've used up all my coverage and still am not pregnant.
Describe Rashmi Kudesia's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
When we did the day 5 fresh transfer, we agreed to transfer 2 embryos.
Male Factor, Other
Dr. Kudesia has a warm and friendly personality so it was easy to connect to her....Dr. Kudesia is just nice and explains things in a way like you are talking to a friend. I had a good feeling about her since out 1st consultation in June 2016... Dr. Kudesia checked my egg count which is normal for my age and hand me let them know when I came started my period so they can start me on clomid and do blood work on the given days of my cycle. Since I just started they sent me to get an HSG exam.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
Dr. Kudesia is just nice and explains things in a way like you are talking to a friend. I had a good feeling about her since out 1st consultation in June 2016. I only saw her a few times, since I have not started IVF yet, but she is my main doctor.
I don't think I have advice, I would just recommend her to others.
we started with RMA about a year and a half after trying unsuccessfully to conceive. Dr. Kudesia checked my egg count which is normal for my age and hand me let them know when I came started my period so they can start me on clomid and do blood work on the given days of my cycle. Since I just started they sent me to get an HSG exam. On day 12 I would come in and they would check to make sure I had at least 1 mature egg follicle and they would give me Ovadril. I did the HSG once and it came back normal as well as all the blood work they did. I did the clomid and Ovadril for 3 cycles, July-September 2016. I decided to stop until my husband was tested. He was tested in November and it turns out the issue is on his end.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Shannon Bruce)
Everyone I dealt with at RMA, in both the Brooklyn and Manhattan Office had a warm and friendly demeanor. I always felt comfortable asking questions and was grateful they were able to answer my questions easily and returned my calls usually within a couple hours.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: friendly and calm staff Weakness: It took a while for the RMA Urologist's Nurse to call me back with my husbands test results of why we were not conceiving. It could have been because my husband was their contact and not me, but we sorted that out and I got in touch with the urology team. *Urologist is Natan Bar-Chama
My co-pay was normally $40. However the sperm extraction done by Dr. Natan Bar Chama was $6,500. IVF I have not started yet but it will probably be in the $20, 000 range including PGD and medications.
From what the doctor said, they only plan on putting in 1 embryo at a time.
Brooklyn
met dr [Dr. Kudesia] once and she explained everything extremely quickly. when asked questions to clarify/break down the lingo, she seemed impatient. i felt like she was on the clock and i was allotted only 15 minutes of her consultation time...aside from initial visit, I have not seen dr kudesia again. i have undergone three cycles of medicated treatment (ovidrel + letrizol) and they have been unsuccessful - she did not follow up ever. furthermore, last treatment resulted in extreme adverse side effects to the ovidrel which I found out AFTER being in NY Downtown Presbyterian Hospital ER, again no call from Dr Kudesia. She increased the ovidrel mg after being notified that I wasn't successful but that increase in dosage likely led to the ER visit. The overall lack of concern for my health and lack of follow up is concerning...
How was your experience with Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
Ask her questions, see if she's taking due care in fully addressing your concerns and clarifying medical jargon. Also ask how involved she will be in future visits and procedures.
met dr once and she explained everything extremely quickly. when asked questions to clarify/break down the lingo, she seemed impatient. i felt like she was on the clock and i was allotted only 15 minutes of her consultation time.
great staff, good attitude