Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates

Medical SchoolTexas Tech U.
ResidencyMayo Clinic
FellowshipMayo Clinic
910 East Southlake Boulevard
Southlake, TX 76092
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Ravi Gada to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates to a friend?
I had a septated uterus and Dr Gada immediately acted on this to get it corrected. I had a out patient surgery within 2 weeks of getting my results...We only did one round of clomid but we have done 3 rounds of iui's. We may end up doing up to 5 before considering IVF. Dr. Gada completely supports that decision...The initial appt was with Dr. Gada to go over the process but all other follow up ultrasounds and blood work was done through the nurse practitioner. The actual IUI was performed by Dr. Gada.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Ravi Gada at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
I had a septated uterus and Dr Gada immediately acted on this to get it corrected. I had a out patient surgery within 2 weeks of getting my results. Dr Gada understands we want a baby as soon as we can so he pushes/encourages us to the next steps. WIth that said he also understands that some steps we need to take longer in than others. We only did one round of clomid but we have done 3 rounds of iui's. We may end up doing up to 5 before considering IVF. Dr. Gada completely supports that decision. He keeps us informed about every step we are taking and he helps manage my expectations - which I need. IUI only has a 15% chance of success but when I am going through it my heart believes that its a 15% chance of not working. I would recommend Dr Gada to other people trying to start a family. He is not only professional and personable he and his wife have gone throught this as well. They went through IVF to have their son which tells me he knows how hard this can be.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ravi Gada at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Tell him everything. Any thing you can think of. Even if you think something may/may not be related to infertility he will confirm this with you. I had all these fears of what I thought was wrong with me and causing me to be infertile and I listed them off to him. He listened and explained away all my concerns. I have unexplained infertility at this point - so there is not rational reason that we can find - yet which is a hard pill to swallow.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ravi Gada at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
He always takes the time to ask how we are doing -outside of fertility-. He remembers our hobbies and what we talk about so when we go in we feel immediately comfortable and like we are with a friend who happens to be our Dr. in this overly difficult time. It also helps that my husband really likes him to. They can chat about sports for 10 minutes after our appt easily.
Describe the protocols Ravi Gada used in your cycles at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates and their degree of success.
I had the HSG test and my Dr saw a heart shaped uterus and pointed it out to me. He explained what this was/could be and that we would need to explore this further. I then had to have an MRI with iodine to determine what kind of heart I had septated or bicorniate. I had septated which was good news because he had told me this is the version that he can repair with surgery. I was told that this was not a cause of infertility but would be a cause of frequent miscarriages and that we needed to repair before under going fertility treatments. 2 weeks later I had Dr. Gada performed the surgery. The surgery was fast and was exactly how Dr. Gada described. I healed well and my uterus was fixed. I had to take a month off of trying after the surgery. When I got my first period Dr. Gada told me to call and he would start me on Clomid. He was very candid about his results working with clomid. He recommended going to IUI right away just to have all the odds in our favor but understood if we were not ready. After 1 month of Clomid we moved on to IUI. The initial appt was with Dr. Gada to go over the process but all other follow up ultrasounds and blood work was done through the nurse practitioner. The actual IUI was performed by Dr. Gada. We have now had 3 failed rounds of IUI. Dr. Gada wants to meet to re-evaluate. I am taking a month off due to travel and also I just think I need it. This has been a lot harder emotionally and even physically than I imagined.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Nancy and Sheryl)
They are very warm and conversational. They remember me when I walk in and I don't have to say my name which is nice (sad also). The nurses are clear in communication during my ultrasound and explain everything they see.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
They are very busy and there is a long wait to get in. I would recommend calling right away for your new patient meeting versus thinking and waiting to take the next steps. You should live/work close to the clinic because you have to go quite often. This clinic is in southlake and very easy to get to. The offices are very clean as well
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ravi Gada at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
$1000 MRI $1800 Surgery $310 IUI $160 semen analys with wash (every IUI) $85 Injectible Ovidrel $0 Ultrasounds and blood work -covered by insurance
Describe Ravi Gada's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
have not experienced this yet
Southlake
Dr. Gada has a wonderful beside manner. He makes you feel comfortable and confident in his decision for treatment. He goes above and beyond to reassure you when things are going well, and comfort you when there is bad news or a set back. Dr. Gada is very personable. He is willing to give you a lot of time and never makes you feel rushed....I am on an agonist protocol because of the PCOS. ...He will tell you like it is, but in a very respectable manner.
Dr. Gada has a wonderful beside manner. He makes you feel comfortable and confident in his decision for treatment. He goes above and beyond to reassure you when things are going well, and comfort you when there is bad news or a set back. Dr. Gada is very personable. He is willing to give you a lot of time and never makes you feel rushed. There really is no "dumb" question and he takes the time to answer each of them. He will tell you like it is, but in a very respectable manner.
If you have a question, ask it.
For the first time a doctor sat with me while I cried and told me that it may take a while, but there is no reason why you shouldn't get you pregnant. Then at every appointment we have been to in the Southlake office, the staff has been amazing, so nice and caring. The first appointment I had with Dr. Gada he sat with us for over an hour and a half, to answer any and every question we had. His nurses go above and beyond to help us to understand what it is that they are telling us, no matter the amount of time it takes. They always remember who we are and take the time to find out how we are feeling. They are amazing!
I am on an agonist protocol because of the PCOS. They had me on 10 unit of lupron for 10 days then took that down to 5 units. Then I take Menopur every morning and Lupron and Gonal f at night. I started off with 150 gonal f until my first blood work and have now been on 225 gonal f. Everything else has stayed the same. I am having to stim for a couple days longer, but I should be retrieving in the next few days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Nancy and Shelley)
They have many strengths. They are so helpful and have a wonder bedside manner. I am a little worry wort and they always know how to relieve my anxiety. They treat me with compassion and make sure I understand each step. The only thing I would say negative wise is from their Dallas office. They a little more business upfront, less warm and fuzzy. All in all though they are amazing, and I would recommend them again and again.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
They are 99% on time and get you in and out in a timely manner. They work hard to get you in at a time that works best for you. I have a crazy schedule and they are amazing about trying to work with me. I love them. They always have a smiling face and the thing I love the most is they treat you like family. I was transferring our one embryo that was inconclusive and when I left their clinic to go and get the paperwork as I walked out she said " go and get your children". Seems silly, but it meant a lot to me!
$16,000 for ICSI, Retrieval, all sono, bloodwork, genetic testing, and meds. I will have to pay another $4,000 for the transfer.
My doctor doesn't have a huge preference until you are wanting to transfer more than 2. He recommends only one.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
I love Dr. Gada. He was always willing to answer all of my questions, no matter how silly I thought they were. He explained everything as clearly as possible, but still providing a lot of the science behind decisions, which I liked. He ran whatever tests I asked for, even though some he warned probably wouldn't yield any usable findings. He really seemed well-educated in the most recent IVF techniques and research, willing to try different things to create a better outcome.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Go see him and at least listen to his ideas on how to proceed. Be prepared for him to answer a quick text while he's in with you, but that just means he'll do that for you later on too.
Dr. Gada was very attentive and treated me and my husband like people, not just numbers.
Dr. Gada seemed satisfied with our remaining frozen embryos from our first IVF cycle at a different clinic. (We'd seen another doctor just before in our attempts to get second opinions who said our embryos weren't good after two chemicals and we should fork up the money for a new round of IVF at their clinic). He explained that there will always be about half of the embryos that don't work because of genetics and whatnot. He said lupron was not needed for our frozen transfer prep, so we skipped that and went straight to estrogen pills twice a day for a few weeks. I also added vitamin D and baby aspirin to the protocol because, while they have not been proven to help, they don't hurt anything. After about two weeks on the estrogen pills, I had a lining check and started progesterone in oil nightly (at a higher dosage than I'd used before). Transfer was in the lab facilities in a clean, operating room attached to the lab itself. We transferred two embryos because of my previous chemical pregnancies; he said we'd been cautious before and would be comfortable doing either one or two embryos. I continued on estrogen and progesterone until week 12. I am currently 13 weeks pregnant with twins.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Shelly)
I loved all of the nurses and nursing staff. They were knowledgeable and helpful with all questions.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
My only complaint about this clinic is that they are a bit disorganized. I never got reminder phone calls about appointments. Once I was called while I was on my way to my appointment and told that my appointment time was actually early than I'd been told. They didn't care that much that I was late, but I'm not sure who was right in that situation. I had a surgery before my FET cycle started and at the post-op appointment, the doctor said he wanted to see me on the first couple days of my next cycle for a scan and we could get started after that. Turns out that was my baseline sono to start our FET cycle and I got all of my cycle paperwork that morning and had to pay our fees. I was not expecting that, but maybe I'd misunderstood at previous appointment. If I hadn't been through IVF and FETs at a previous clinic, I think the lack of preparedness would have stressed me out. But as a veteran infertility patient, it didn't bother me too much. I knew what questions to ask and more or less what to expect in each step of the process.
The FET was $3000. We transferred our embryos to their lab also, and that fee was about $400 I think.
The doctor had us fill out a form explaining what the clinic recommends based on my age and history. Because we'd been cautious in the past and had so many chemical pregnancies, the doctor was ok with our decision to transfer two embryos.
What specific things went wrong at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Southlake
My husband and I both work in analytical fields. Dr. Gada was so patient and dove deep into the data with us, answering all our questions, giving us supporting data. When there was a problem at the lab, he helped make it right quickly and assured us it would go as planned or we wouldn't pay. He was caring when we hit frustrations and I felt like he cared deeply about our results too. My husband and I truly loved Dr. Gada as our doctor
Make your appointment now, don't wait. He really cares deeply about his patient, and is so kind to his staff. I felt I was among family. Bring your questions and worries, Dr Gada will address them all
The entire office knew me by name. It took a while to find the right treatment to get my embryos implant, and when they were negative or cycles cancelled, they hugged me, encouraged me, and comforted me. It was way beyond what had to be done, I felt like a part of a team all working together to get my miracle family started.
My egg retrieval was straight forward. 12 eggs, 8 fertilized, 4 healthy 5 day. My lining was really troublesome. The lining would get close, but not reach a good number. We ended up using letrozole in the cycle and my lining went from average of 6.5 to 7.5mm. We had to adjust progesterone a few times with that, but we eventually got there.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Nancy)
Nancy, Shelley and the entire staff were like family to me. They hugged and comforted me when things didn't go well. When I did get my positive they yelled and celebrated with me. I absolutely love everyone in the office. I couldn't have asked for better support through a difficult process
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
The only downside is the procedures are in Dallas, about an hour drive from the clinic. Everything else was absolutely fantastic. I'm willing to drive to have the best care
My insurance covered the majority of the costs (so blessed). I fought hard to have the lab portion covered and I did eventually win
We went with single transfer, single, and then double. I felt like he did an excellent job explaining the risks, especially with my lining issues
Dallas
He [Dr. Ravi Gada] is a very kind and patient doctor. Even when I felt all hope was gone, he was always positive, reassuring yet realistic and willing to move as fast or slow as we wanted to. We tried 4 rounds of IUI (normally he only does 3 but I had the flu during one of my rounds.) Thankfully, the last time took and we were blessed with healthy twin girls.... This wasn't something he suggested but also didn't see any harm in trying so I also did acupuncture the last round of IUI, both before and right after my insemination.
He is a very kind and patient doctor. Even when I felt all hope was gone, he was always positive, reassuring yet realistic and willing to move as fast or slow as we wanted to. We tried 4 rounds of IUI (normally he only does 3 but I had the flu during one of my rounds.) Thankfully, the last time took and we were blessed with healthy twin girls.
Ask lots of questions until you feel totally comfortable. Also, figure out what your insurance company will pay for upfront so you know how much (if any) they will cover. Might be worth jumping to IVF if you only get so much covered.
He really sympathized with us as he too had to use fertility treatments to start his own family. Even as a man, he understood more so that most the pressure to get pregnant.
This wasn't something he suggested but also didn't see any harm in trying so I also did acupuncture the last round of IUI, both before and right after my insemination. Obviously I can't say for certain, but we didn't do it the other 3 times and they didn't take. When I tried this method, I got pregnant.
Some of them were/are super compassionate. Others you can tell it's more of a job.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Clean, bright, cheerful and clean. Also super cute pictures of babies on the wall to remind you why you're going through all these obstacles in trying to get pregnant. The front desk staff is great and really accommodating when it comes to working with your insurance and explaining everything to you.
PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Gada is always very personable. He remembers every detail about his patients and seems invested in our lives and success..., is very approachable and friendly. He knows when to be serious and when to use humor to diffuse a situation and has always made me feel completely comfortable. I feel confident that he will eventually be able to help us conceive...He can be a little silly sometimes which is something I appreciate, but if you expect your RE to be very serious at all times he may not be the right one for you.
Latino, Other
PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Gada has great bedside manner, is very approachable and friendly. He knows when to be serious and when to use humor to diffuse a situation and has always made me feel completely comfortable. I feel confident that he will eventually be able to help us conceive.
I love all of the girls at Dr. Gada’s office. They remembered me after about two or three visits and have always made me feel comfortable and have made the process very easy. Additionally I never feel like I’m being hounded about payment which can be a stressful thing when dealing with infertility.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
It’s a great clinic. The staff is fantastic. I have not had success yet, but feel confident that I will. Honestly the only criticism I have is that parking can be a little annoying because the lot is usually full.
Before starting any kind of fertility treatment I researched cost for each individual procedure and Dr. Gada charges on the lower end of what I consider to be average.
Dr. Gada is pretty adamant about SET as the goal is a healthy baby and mother when all is said and done. We are not yet at a point where we would consider transferring more than one embryo, but if we got to that point I’m sure he would work with us on what is best.
Southlake
Before any treatment, Dr. Gada spoke with me in a comfortable private office setting rather than on a medical table. He went over every question and concern I had with the detail I appreciate. He made me feel comfortable discussing all the options and concerns I had like I was speaking with a friend instead of a doctor I just met.... He reads his patients well in knowing if they need the conversations to be light or more serious. He also tells you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear, but he does so in a delicate way.
Dr. Gada does not rush you and clearly goes over all necessary information and questions. He reads his patients well in knowing if they need the conversations to be light or more serious. He also tells you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear, but he does so in a delicate way.
Be honest and discuss everything without embarrassment.
Dr. Gada's nurse and administrative staff are so kind and fun and energetic. They make every visit something to look forward to during such a difficult time.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
The clinic is clean and easily accessible in a great location with places to meet my spouse for lunch to discuss what we went through afterwards. It felt very private and the set up was great for the initial consultation and the followup medical visits.
We have not completed the services, but the expected cost is approximately $15,000 for IVF
Dr. Gada understood we are interested in eSET only.
Southlake
Dr. Gada is absolutely incredible. He took the very scary experience of going through IVF and made it manageable. He took the absolute best care of me. I ended up in the ER at 8 weeks pregnant due to my ovary flipping over due to the injections. Dr. Gada was at the ER to treat me, on a Saturday, in less than an hour of receiving the call. He is the ONLY fertility doctor I trust.... We had male factor infertility. I was put on Lupron, Menopur and Follistim followed by Progesterone Injections after embryo transfer. Resulted in 19 eggs which is almost exactly what he predicted.
Be calm and know you are in the best hands as possible.
I have never had a doctor more involved in my well-being and fighting to us to have a child.
THE MOST INCREDIBLE STAFF! They know how to hire qualified, compassionate staff who honestly care about you as a patient. I miss going in and seeing them.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
The clinic is organized, low wait times, fantastic nurses for blood draws, always calls in a timely manner with results.
My total cost of IVF with ICSI was around $15,000
Dallas
He [Dr. Gada] was very attentive and knowledgeable and didn’t treat us like just a patient. The entire office makes you feel like family including Dr Gada. He was really confident in letting us know our options and understood our financial situation.... He had really researched our medical history prior to our consult. He was very confident and made me feel comfortable and have hope.... He doesn’t mess around when it comes to treatment plans.
He was very attentive and knowledgeable and didn’t treat us like just a patient. The entire office makes you feel like family including Dr Gada. He was really confident in letting us know our options and understood our financial situation.
Make sure you’re absolutely ready to go thru with whatever it takes. He doesn’t mess around when it comes to treatment plans.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
The clinic treated us like family and not just a patient. The compassion they showed made a huge impact on our visit since we were really nervous going in. The office followed up when they said they would.
Consult and ultrasound $600