Brigham & Women's Hospital

Medical SchoolEast Carolina U.
ResidencyBrigham & Women's Hosp
75 Francis Street
Boston, MA 02115
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Raymond Anchan to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Brigham & Women's Hospital to a friend?
Dr. Anchan was very patient with us and let us take our time with our treatment course. I was very much into taking steps slowly and progressing through each step at my own pace. He was wonderful in allowing this, I always felt like my feelings were taking into consideration and he was always able to provide steps I was comfortable with. He was amazing at explaining each step, medication, hormone and included diagrams when needed. He was always straight forward about our chances and possible success rates. I never felt blind sided at all through the process.
How was your experience with Raymond Anchan at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Raymond Anchan at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Trust the journey and Dr. Anchan. He has your best interest in mind and the same end goal as you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Raymond Anchan at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Anchan was very personable with my husband and I. He always remembered facts about our life that were not fertility related. This made us comfortable that he pays attention and sets us apart from everyone else. We always fekt heard and he was very patient with answering questions.
Describe the protocols Raymond Anchan used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
I was not ready to jump to the big guns right away do we did a few letrozole cycles with timed intercourse. We stepped up to letrozole with IUI a few months in. When I was finally ready to accept IVF we did a antagonist cycle due to my higher AMH. The cycle was textbook and we had a high fertilization report and many embryos. We did use ICSI for the likelihood of having the most possible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Holly and Kelley)
Holly was our initial nurse and was always efficient in delivering results to us. Kelley took over and became our nurse while we did our IVF cycle. She was excellent in returning emails throughout the process. She acted as a good middleman for us and Dr. Anchan between appointments. I only had one miscommunication that had no effect on our cycle success.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I never had issues in getting appointments set up when needed. They are willing to work with your cycles so you are not feeling like you are wasting months waiting. When you have IVF procedures you will see whichever Dr. Is scheduled that day so it may not be your own. This never bothered me but something some might consider.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Monitoring is done first thing in the morning at a first come first serve basis. On weekends it is a scheduled time slot. I never waited more than an hour before I was out and onto the rest of my day. The techs were hit or miss with friendliness and gentleness but the phlebotomists were very pleasant. Even though this is a hospital setting they brought a phlebotomist to the ultrasound department which is very convenient.
Describe Raymond Anchan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
The council we received in deciding how many to transfer included statistics and their reasoning. Both transfers we were able to explain our reasoning as well and it was always respected. Since I had a highly graded embryo we chose one for the first transfer. Our second transfer we were able to transfer 2 since we at that point had a unsuccessful transfer.
PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Anchan has wonderful bedside manner. He is also incredibly knowledgable and confident in his practice. We came to him after trying to conceive and had a clear action plan. While it took several months to get pregnant, Dr. Anchan kept us informed and confident in his approach to continue forward. One surprise was that with a single embryo transfer, we ended up with twins...who knew??
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Raymond Anchan at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Be open and honest with yourself. Take each day as it comes. Lean on others - including your doctors and nurses- for support.
Dr. Anchan immediately and always made my husband and I feel comfortable and empowered during an incredibly stressful and sometimes awkward experience. He understood our emotions but also our need to know the facts. He was kind, funny, and personable.
3 Clomid IUI cycles 1 IVF cycle
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
Nursing staff in general was very caring and compassionate. They were especially responsive and patien with me as I was always eager for results and next steps
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Brigham and Women's was organized and pleasant. There was often a wait, but that was to be expected. The rooms for my husband were awful- his account, not mine.
Monitoring appointments weren't always great- early mornings, often crowded, some staff was more pleasant than other
Describe the costs associated with your care under Raymond Anchan at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
$0
2012
1 IUI, 6 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Surrogacy
He [Dr Raymond Anchan] was by far the best dr and most qualified I worked with. He was spot on about my condition that several others misdiagnosed. He said if it could be done we would do it together. I am forever grateful...He chose That I undergo lap surgery then we waited 1cycle then it worked.
2012
1 IUI, 6 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Raymond Anchan at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
He was by far the best dr and most qualified I worked with. He was spot on about my condition that several others misdiagnosed. He said if it could be done we would do it together. I am forever grateful.
Don't go anywhere else
Dr A was a dream come true
He chose That I undergo lap surgery then we waited 1cycle then it worked.
Efficient
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I liked it was in a hospital setting
He was realistic and somewhat conservative