Strongly recommend: 100%9.4

Raymond Anchan works at

75 Francis Street
Boston, MA 02115

2015 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Anchan was very patient with us and let us take our time with our treatment course. I was very much into taking steps slowly and progressing through each step at my own pace. He was wonderful in allowing this, I always felt like my feelings were taking into consideration and he was always able to provide steps I was comfortable with. He was amazing at explaining each step, medication, hormone and included diagrams when needed. He was always straight forward about our chances and possible success rates. I never felt blind sided at all through the process.
I never had issues in getting appointments set up when needed [at Brigham & Women's Hospital]. They are willing to work with your cycles so you are not feeling like you are wasting months waiting. When you have IVF procedures you will see whichever Dr. Is scheduled that day so it may not be your own...Holly was our initial nurse and was always efficient in delivering results to us. Kelley took over and became our nurse while we did our IVF cycle. She was excellent in returning emails throughout the process. She acted as a good middleman for us and Dr. Anchan between appointments. I only had one miscommunication that had no effect on our cycle success.
How was your experience with Raymond Anchan at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Raymond Anchan at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Trust the journey and Dr. Anchan. He has your best interest in mind and the same end goal as you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Raymond Anchan at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Anchan was very personable with my husband and I. He always remembered facts about our life that were not fertility related. This made us comfortable that he pays attention and sets us apart from everyone else. We always fekt heard and he was very patient with answering questions.
Describe the protocols Raymond Anchan used in your cycles at Brigham & Women's Hospital and their degree of success.
I was not ready to jump to the big guns right away do we did a few letrozole cycles with timed intercourse. We stepped up to letrozole with IUI a few months in. When I was finally ready to accept IVF we did a antagonist cycle due to my higher AMH. The cycle was textbook and we had a high fertilization report and many embryos. We did use ICSI for the likelihood of having the most possible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Holly and Kelley)
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I never had issues in getting appointments set up when needed. They are willing to work with your cycles so you are not feeling like you are wasting months waiting. When you have IVF procedures you will see whichever Dr. Is scheduled that day so it may not be your own. This never bothered me but something some might consider.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Monitoring is done first thing in the morning at a first come first serve basis. On weekends it is a scheduled time slot. I never waited more than an hour before I was out and onto the rest of my day. The techs were hit or miss with friendliness and gentleness but the phlebotomists were very pleasant. Even though this is a hospital setting they brought a phlebotomist to the ultrasound department which is very convenient.
Describe Raymond Anchan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
The council we received in deciding how many to transfer included statistics and their reasoning. Both transfers we were able to explain our reasoning as well and it was always respected. Since I had a highly graded embryo we chose one for the first transfer. Our second transfer we were able to transfer 2 since we at that point had a unsuccessful transfer.
Boston

Dr. Anchan really took the time to understand my specific needs. As a patient with endometriosis pain and treatment options can vary greatly and he was able to steer me on the right path for my specific needs... He performed surgery on me and I felt fully confident in his abilities despite being nervous about the procedure itself. He’s very knowledgeable about women’s reproductive health and fully answered all of my questions. Despite being busy, I never felt rushed in his care
This clinic [Brigham & Women's Hosptial] runs late a lot unfortunately. There we’re some administrative missteps with paperwork and Insurance dealings that they have since corrected since I’ve been there. There doesn’t seem to be a sense of urgency when they are late which I think makes sense because they’re caring for individuals but it is a problem for those waiting... During the times I saw nursing staff they made me feel really comfortable in their care
How was your experience with Raymond Anchan at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Dr. Anchan is an extremely caring doctor. He performed surgery on me and I felt fully confident in his abilities despite being nervous about the procedure itself. He’s very knowledgeable about women’s reproductive health and fully answered all of my questions. Despite being busy, I never felt rushed in his care
He is typically running late so keep that in mind, but is worth waiting to see.
This is not applicable to my situation yet
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
This clinic runs late a lot unfortunately. There we’re some administrative missteps with paperwork and Insurance dealings that they have since corrected since I’ve been there. There doesn’t seem to be a sense of urgency when they are late which I think makes sense because they’re caring for individuals but it is a problem for those waiting
Describe the costs associated with your care under Raymond Anchan at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I was told by my insurance that he’s More expensive because treatment is provided in a hospital
This is not applicable to my situation yet
What specific things went wrong at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Insurance pre auth not filed in time resulting in a reschedule of a procedure

2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Anchan has wonderful bedside manner. He is also incredibly knowledgable and confident in his practice. We came to him after trying to conceive and had a clear action plan. While it took several months to get pregnant, Dr. Anchan kept us informed and confident in his approach to continue forward. One surprise was that with a single embryo transfer, we ended up with twins...who knew??
Brigham and Women's was organized and pleasant. There was often a wait, but that was to be expected. The rooms for my husband were awful- his account, not mine....Monitoring appointments weren't always great- early mornings, often crowded, some staff was more pleasant than other...Nursing staff in general was very caring and compassionate. They were especially responsive and patien with me as I was always eager for results and next steps
How was your experience with Raymond Anchan at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
Be open and honest with yourself. Take each day as it comes. Lean on others - including your doctors and nurses- for support.
Dr. Anchan immediately and always made my husband and I feel comfortable and empowered during an incredibly stressful and sometimes awkward experience. He understood our emotions but also our need to know the facts. He was kind, funny, and personable.
3 Clomid IUI cycles 1 IVF cycle
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brigham & Women's Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
$0

2012, Unknown Success
He [Dr Raymond Anchan] was by far the best dr and most qualified I worked with. He was spot on about my condition that several others misdiagnosed. He said if it could be done we would do it together. I am forever grateful...He chose That I undergo lap surgery then we waited 1cycle then it worked.
How was your experience with Raymond Anchan at Brigham & Women's Hospital?
He was by far the best dr and most qualified I worked with. He was spot on about my condition that several others misdiagnosed. He said if it could be done we would do it together. I am forever grateful.
Don't go anywhere else
Dr A was a dream come true
He chose That I undergo lap surgery then we waited 1cycle then it worked.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brigham & Women's Hospital.
Efficient
Describe your experience with Brigham & Women's Hospital.
I liked it was in a hospital setting
He was realistic and somewhat conservative