Medical SchoolNorthwestern
FellowshipNational Inst of Health
2000 Medical Parkway
Annapolis, MD 21401
410.224.5500
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Rebecca Chason to a friend?
7.3

5.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shady Grove Fertility to a friend?
How was your experience with Rebecca Chason at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Chason was wonderful and very knowledgeable about everything. From our very first appointment she always explained everything to us so that we understood what we were doing, what our options were, and what we may do next. She called regularly to check in on us as we completed multiple rounds of IUI and that was so great! She understood that it's easy to get down about things when the first couple rounds fail. She made adjustments to my medications and plan in real time, based on my blood work and ultrasounds from that very morning. I always felt like she stayed right on top of keeping us on track.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rebecca Chason at Shady Grove Fertility?
Ask her any questions that you have, she'll answer them all and she'll never make you feel silly for asking!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rebecca Chason at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Chason understood that we had been ready for a baby years ago when we started trying. Other doctors made me feel like I was being impatient but she never did! She understood had been ready and that years of waiting already were so very hard.
Describe the protocols Rebecca Chason used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
My first IUI cycle I had a cyst so I ended up on birth control for a short amount of time, which was successful in getting rid of it. I did a half dose of Clomid for 5 days, but I didn't respond to it very much so I then did a full dose. I got 2 mature eggs from that, but my lining was very thin. Dr. Chason added Estrace for me, and the Ovidrel shot, then Progesterone after the insemination. No baby from that round. In round 2 I was switched to Letrozole which only produced 1 mature egg, but kept my lining thicker. I still was prescribed Estrace to help it more though. I ended up with a chemical pregnancy from this round. Round 3 followed the same as round 2, but no pregnancy at all that time. Round 4 I had a very small cyst but it went away on it's own in the first few days. I followed the same as rounds 2 and 3, but had conversations with Dr. Chason of possible changes (more injectables) if I needed to move on to a round 5 or 6. But, I didn't need to do that because round 4 was successful and lead to my beautiful baby girl.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
All of the nursing staff was wonderful! Not only were they friendly and caring, but they remembered me and my husband every time we came in!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They are extremely efficient in the mornings! It was so great! Each morning I went in there were dozens of other women also coming in for blood work and ultrasounds but they kept everything moving and flowing so well! It was quick but I never felt rushed, I don't know how they managed that!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rebecca Chason at Shady Grove Fertility.
My insurance covered the cost of 6 IUIs and 3 IVFs, since we only needed 4 IUIs we didn't have a cost. We paid a $15 copay for each visit but that was it.
Annapolis

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Rebecca Chason at Shady Grove Fertility.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Use of clomid to treat annovulation [protocol with Dr. Chason]. Completed two failed IUIs without much change to protocol...I was only seen by Dr. Chason a few times. I saw a different doctor or nurse almost every time I had an appointment...My husband and I have multiple factors effecting our fertility. We should have never been counseled to start with IUI first. It should have been recommended to go straight to IVF. She provided conflicting protocols, at first saying femara would be best because of my PCOS but then having me on clomid. The few appointments we did see her for she was always late and by more than 10-15 minutes.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Rebecca Chason at Shady Grove Fertility?
You’re going to be doing a lot of waiting. Make sure you ask about the chance of each procedure being effective for your situation and why she thinks the protocol is the best course of action.
Use of clomid to treat annovulation. Completed two failed IUIs without much change to protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Lavy)
Cold. No empathy. Not very understanding of all the factors going into this. Not considerate about the amount of time off required for all appointments.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Strength: there are many clinics to chose from, and have pretty flexible monitoring appointment slots. Weakness: you’re just a number. You’ll hardly ever see the same doctor twice. They’re not very friendly.
$2000 for two rounds IUI. Even though monitoring was basically the same every day, I had varying costs in bills due to how the procedures were coded to my insurance.
Describe Rebecca Chason's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
NA.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?

IUI, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
My husband and I have always felt comfortable and heard when we meet Dr. Chason. She's eternally optimistic yet realistic. We feel hopeful, supported and confident whenever we leave our appointments. Even with setbacks, she gives us feedback we can use to make decisions and move forward....She always listens to our concerns, reviews updated documentation before our discussions and provides detailed responses during consultations.
European, Black or African-American, Native American
IUI, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Rebecca Chason at Shady Grove Fertility?
Come with all your questions, and she'll do her best to answer every single one.
We just decided to try IUI, and our first will be in Oct 2018. I will have repeat testing to determine if the cycle will be unmedicated or medicated.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Scheduling is easy. The staff are friendly and sweet. The lab nurses are wonderful and understanding (I have a needle phobia). I'm not a fan of Ms. Trumble; she performed my SSG. She started talking about IVF as if we had already chosen it, which we hadn't. She was a bit aggressive performing the procedure, which resulted in days of symptoms for me afterwards. I never want her near my vagina ever again.
We have great coverage and only pay copays. We will pay our deductible for the IUI.