Rebecca Chason

2000 Medical Parkway
Annapolis, MD 21401
410.224.5500

1 patient review filtered by:

They [Shady Grove Fertility- Annapolis] are extremely efficient in the mornings! It was so great! Each morning I went in there were dozens of other women also coming in for blood work and ultrasounds but they kept everything moving and flowing so well! It was quick but I never felt rushed, I don't know how they managed that!... All of the nursing staff was wonderful! Not only were they friendly and caring, but they remembered me and my husband every time we came in!
How was your experience with Rebecca Chason at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Chason was wonderful and very knowledgeable about everything. From our very first appointment she always explained everything to us so that we understood what we were doing, what our options were, and what we may do next. She called regularly to check in on us as we completed multiple rounds of IUI and that was so great! She understood that it's easy to get down about things when the first couple rounds fail. She made adjustments to my medications and plan in real time, based on my blood work and ultrasounds from that very morning. I always felt like she stayed right on top of keeping us on track.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rebecca Chason at Shady Grove Fertility?
Ask her any questions that you have, she'll answer them all and she'll never make you feel silly for asking!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rebecca Chason at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Chason understood that we had been ready for a baby years ago when we started trying. Other doctors made me feel like I was being impatient but she never did! She understood had been ready and that years of waiting already were so very hard.
Describe the protocols Rebecca Chason used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
My first IUI cycle I had a cyst so I ended up on birth control for a short amount of time, which was successful in getting rid of it. I did a half dose of Clomid for 5 days, but I didn't respond to it very much so I then did a full dose. I got 2 mature eggs from that, but my lining was very thin. Dr. Chason added Estrace for me, and the Ovidrel shot, then Progesterone after the insemination. No baby from that round. In round 2 I was switched to Letrozole which only produced 1 mature egg, but kept my lining thicker. I still was prescribed Estrace to help it more though. I ended up with a chemical pregnancy from this round. Round 3 followed the same as round 2, but no pregnancy at all that time. Round 4 I had a very small cyst but it went away on it's own in the first few days. I followed the same as rounds 2 and 3, but had conversations with Dr. Chason of possible changes (more injectables) if I needed to move on to a round 5 or 6. But, I didn't need to do that because round 4 was successful and lead to my beautiful baby girl.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They are extremely efficient in the mornings! It was so great! Each morning I went in there were dozens of other women also coming in for blood work and ultrasounds but they kept everything moving and flowing so well! It was quick but I never felt rushed, I don't know how they managed that!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rebecca Chason at Shady Grove Fertility.
My insurance covered the cost of 6 IUIs and 3 IVFs, since we only needed 4 IUIs we didn't have a cost. We paid a $15 copay for each visit but that was it.
Rebecca Chason