Fertility Specialists of Texas

Medical SchoolLouisiana St U.
ResidencyU. of Texas
Grapevine
1601 Lancaster Drive
Grapevine, TX 76051
817-251-3553
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Rebecca Chilvers to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Specialists of Texas to a friend?
None, Other
Dr. Chilvers did an excellent job working with our diagnoses and preferences to come up with q successful protocol to make us pregnant. She didnt ask us to waste time and money with IUIs. She always explained exactly what she was doing and the scientific reasoning behind it. Everything she did was research based and thorough. She is friendly and professional...My eggs were fertilized via ICSI due to make factor infertility. We ended up freezing 10 high quality embryos and did a transfer cycle some months later. Our first transfer was successful.
None, Other
How was your experience with Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Trust the process. This clinic and doctor know exactly what they are doing and will take every measure to increase your chances of success.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Every member of staff was always friendly and accommodating. Although the office was busy, we never felt rushed during our appointments and all of our questions were thoroughly answered. The staff was overjoyed when we got our positive result.
Describe the protocols Rebecca Chilvers used in your cycles at Fertility Specialists of Texas and their degree of success.
We did a freeze all IVF retrieval cycle, because of my high risk of OHSS and because success rates are higher with frozen embryos than fresh. I do not feel comfortable noting my exact medications, and regardless these will be tailored to your specific circumstances. My eggs were fertilized via ICSI due to make factor infertility. We ended up freezing 10 high quality embryos and did a transfer cycle some months later. Our first transfer was successful. We did a down regulated cycle leading up to transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The entire nursing staff was very friendly and my personal nurse always answered my questions promptly.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic is well organized and very clean, but can be very busy. There were a few times that we waited well over our appointment time to be seen. However, everyone we met at the clinic was very friendly and helpful. We were using insurance, and the financial staff rarely could answer our questions about what expenses were expected. We wanted to do pGS testing and were originally told our insurance would cover it, but then mid cycle we had to cancel this procedure because we were then told that insurance would not cover it because the lab doesn't accept insurance and we would need to cash up front.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
We used insurance coverage to cover most of our cycle. We paid copayments per visit and about 3k in medication costs (our insurance covered 5k and the 3k is what was remaining of the balance.) We never knew what amounts to expect to pay for each procedure until after it had gone through insurance. We did receive an additional bill for $400 months after our transfer was completed.
Frisco
She's [Dr. Chilvers is] very thorough and smart, sometimes she seems a bit busy bouncing from appointment to appointment, but I can tell she handles that very well. Even with my smallest appointments where a nurse could handle it, she's usually there...She's determined to meet our goal, and for any appointments she always lets me ask questions without feeling rushed...
She's very thorough and smart, sometimes she seems a bit busy bouncing from appointment to appointment, but I can tell she handles that very well. Even with my smallest appointments where a nurse could handle it, she's usually there.
Ask questions and voice your thoughts.
3 rounds of IVF, with no fertility problems, we are strictly doing this for PGD. Round 1 was a simple protocol that produced 6 eggs, but 4 made it to blast/testing. Since we are doing PGD, we went into another cycle to batch 2 months later. We upped the meds a bit, got 11 eggs, but again 4 made it to blast. Of the 8 genetically tested for our disease and PGS, 2 were healthy. After miscarrying 1 @ 8 weeks along, we decided to do another fresh cycle. We upped the dosage again, yeilding 11 eggs, but sadly 8 were severely immature leaving us with only 3 to work with. From those 3, 2 made it to blast. We are gearing up for another round to batch.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Moore)
My main nurse was great. Responded promptly and practically anticipated my needs more of the time. She also gave me hugs during specific appointments....like egg retrieval day, transfer day. She was very excited when our first beta came back positive.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
They really try to alleviate stress from the patient. Appointments are seems on time for the most part, they helped tremendously when dealing with insurance. Very understaning group. When you call the clinic, someone answers and they help right away.
Depending on where we were with our copay, my ultrasounds/labwork visits were $180 until my deductible was met, then it became $45. We did have to pay out of pocket for 1 egg retrieval , it was $9750. THe most recent retrieval was covered, but our copay was $900
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Frisco
Dr. Chilvers is very thorough. She is very direct and may seem very cold but I think she’s constantly thinking and calculating as she’s reviewing your paperwork. She took her time and made it personable. She walked me through each step and I felt comfortable talking to her and didn’t feel rushed.... current recommendation is IVF with aggressive stims to get as many follicles. If I don’t get enough follicles it will be converted into an IUI.
I’m still currently going through my initial visits prior to my next treatment. Dr. Chilvers is very thorough. She is very direct and may seem very cold but I think she’s constantly thinking and calculating as she’s reviewing your paperwork. She took her time and made it personable. She walked me through each step and I felt comfortable talking to her and didn’t feel rushed.
Don’t be turned off by her directness. Remember why you’re there and she cuts to the chase.
She got to know me and asked every background question that was relevant. We shared a few laughs and she was personable yet direct.
The current recommendation is IVF with aggressive stims to get as many follicles. If I don’t get enough follicles it will be converted into an IUI.
Nursing staff was great. Walked me through the vitals and blood work. Every one was pleasant.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Clinic is beautiful and modern. Very comfortable setting. Most consultations are done either in a consult room or the doctors office depending on what phase you’re in. Expect your first visit to be about an hour and a half: consult, bloodwork and vaginal sonogram.
IVF is $13,000 PGD is $2300 Meds quoted at $3000-$8000 Anethesia $600 paid two days in advance to a separate place. Late and it’s double.
Describe Rebecca Chilvers's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Dr. Chilvers believes in trying to get to a healthy pregnancy and prefers a single frozen embryo transfer.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Chilvers always took the time to thoroughly explain the science behind what we were trying and the process. But, she never lost site of the emotional aspects of infertility treatments and made sure that my spouse and I were doing well through everything.... Dr, Chilvers is an amazing physician who treats you with compassion while thoroughly explaining the process, risks, potential outcomes, etc. She always ensures understanding before moving forward. She focuses on both the patient and the spouse to help couples make decisions that are informed and best for each individual family.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Ask any question you have regarding your prognosis and treatment. She will make sure you are comfortable with everything and well informed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Kelly )
Kelly and the entire nursing team were incredible. We were walked through all the injections and felt so confident in our ability to administer at home. Anytime we had questions or something was happening that caused panic or stress, they returned phone calls really quickly.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Busy clinics, but incredibly private. Convenient locations throughout the metro. Additional physicians available at all times. Provide additional support through referrals for support groups, counseling, and acupuncture. Offer a wonderful meditation on procedure days.
Bundled payment for IVF that included all visits, procedures, and monitoring. Medications were always separate.
2013
We both truly liked Dr. Chilvers... She was just very new to the IVF world and seemed inexperienced. She left a little information for us and speed through everything so fast that we felt like if we weren't able to ask questions.
2013
My husband and I went in just finding out that he has 0% morphology when we met Dr. Chilvers.... she took in our ages and my miscarriage history only went over a little of my family history... basically drew out our conception chances on the back of our semen analysis paper. tellings us we were so young I at the time was 26 and DH was 33. that our chances are super high and nothing to worry about. she ordered little medication which I ended up needing to order more towards the end of stims. I got OHSS and they almost cancelled my cycle. we ended up going forward with the Egg Retrieval. We on our own decided we wanted to use ICSI and we are glad we did. we both truly liked Dr. Chilvers... she was just very new to the IVF world and seemed inexperienced. She did do out WTF appointment after and only recommended IVF ICSI again. She did call a few weeks after to check in on us.
Make sure she goes over everything with you slowly. We did visit her over two years ago so I'm sure shes a pro now!
She left a little information for us and speed through everything so fast that we felt like if we werent able to ask questions. we loved the nurses. the front staff was less nice as all they cared about was taking our credit card.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The nurses were so friendly and remembered you.... took interest in our cycle! it made it seem less stressful talking it out while giving blood all the time