Fertility Specialists of Texas

Medical SchoolLouisiana St U.
ResidencyU. of Texas
Grapevine
1601 Lancaster Drive
Grapevine, TX 76051
817-251-3553
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Rebecca Chilvers to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Specialists of Texas to a friend?
The strategy [of Dr. Rebecca Chilvers] was to test all aspects to see what was going on and why we couldn't conceive naturally. During all internal sonograms, she was very careful to examine thoroughly to make sure nothing was overlooked. So far, we are satisfied that we finally have a doctor that not only listens to us, but also willing to help us better understand so that we can fulfill our dreams...is very compassionate to our case. Willing to dig further for better explanation rather than us feeling like we have a doctor that wanted to hurry through. She was always patient and willing to thoroughly explain each result of testing.
Each team member I have encountered [at Fertility Specialists of Texas] has been AMAZING... Each one willing to take the time to assist me any way they can so that my dreams can become reality one day...Initial consultation, lab tests, blood draws, sonograms. Roughly $1,500. Ivf process and medications without any discounts will run about $20,000.00...email is a great way to communicate so you can get a timely response and it is in writing. This is helpful if you are a "Pre-Planner" like myself.
Latino, Native American
How was your experience with Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
She is willing to take on our case and research further to better understand the rarity of our issues. She did not sugar coat things, which made for a very honest and trusting doctor. One that was willing to be upfront and honest, one that was willing to sit and truly listen to our concerns, one that took the extra time to make sure we fully understood lab results and what our options were. During tests she performed, she was always cautious of my comfort so not to cause any more discomfort than what already I had been through.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
My one piece of advice, be willing to ask questions when unsure rather than be afraid to ask. She is VERY knowledgeable and willing to help.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Dr. Chilvers is very compassionate to our case. Willing to dig further for better explanation rather than us feeling like we have a doctor that wanted to hurry through. She was always patient and willing to thoroughly explain each result of testing.
Describe the protocols Rebecca Chilvers used in your cycles at Fertility Specialists of Texas and their degree of success.
The strategy was to test all aspects to see what was going on and why we couldn't conceive naturally. During all internal sonograms, she was very careful to examine thoroughly to make sure nothing was overlooked. So far, we are satisfied that we finally have a doctor that not only listens to us, but also willing to help us better understand so that we can fulfill our dreams.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Griffin)
Each team member I have encountered has been AMAZING... Each one willing to take the time to assist me any way they can so that my dreams can become reality one day.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
New patients, I recommend to keep in mind that patience always helps. If needing additional information, email is a great way to communicate so you can get a timely response and it is in writing. This is helpful if you are a "Pre-Planner" like myself.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Initial consultation, lab tests, blood draws, sonograms. Roughly $1,500. Ivf process and medications without any discounts will run about $20,000.00 (not started just yet, due to needing to save funds)
Describe Rebecca Chilvers's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I dont have any comments at this time. We have not made it that far.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Very rarely, during my cycle, was Dr. Chilvers available...for someone over 40, she had 0 ability to customize a treatment plan that would provide the best chance of a positive outcome. Other clinics will provide a list of supplements including DHEA, which has shown positive scientific results in treatment of AMA patients. Dr. Chilvers put me on a standard cycle, with just greater dosages. I'd have preferred it if she admitted that 40+ wasn't her expertise and referred me to one of the other doctors in her practice, perhaps, but there didn't seem to be that type of collaboration inside the practice, either.
Was left a message [by Fertility Specialists of Texas] on a Sunday that my embryo died and that it was on me to make a follow-up appointment...Brandy [nurse] was a terrible communicator. When doing the all-important every-other-day ultrasounds, couldn't consistently get a view of both ovaries. Led to a lot of confusion around what results to expect come retrieval time. Felt like nursing staff could have been more compassionate, overall.
European, Other
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
I don't think Dr. Chilvers is suited to this particular sector of the profession. She has other skills, of course, and I think she is/would be a great OB/GYN, but became an RE due to financial reasons. She has never been in the chair herself, so she has no great personal belief in the outcomes. And for someone over 40, she had 0 ability to customize a treatment plan that would provide the best chance of a positive outcome. Other clinics will provide a list of supplements including DHEA, which has shown positive scientific results in treatment of AMA patients. Dr. Chilvers put me on a standard cycle, with just greater dosages. I'd have preferred it if she admitted that 40+ wasn't her expertise and referred me to one of the other doctors in her practice, perhaps, but there didn't seem to be that type of collaboration inside the practice, either.
If you are over 40, go somewhere else. Period. If you're under 40, review the SART rates, and ask for more information about their lab. Also, ask ask ask about supplements you can take to increase your chances. Additionally, consider what it means to treat the WHOLE you throughout this process. There are IVF meditiations on apps for your iPhone, see a counselor. This is hard. Do things to take care of YOU throughout this process and find the right doctor that supports you.
Very rarely, during my cycle, was Dr. Chilvers available. I saw only her staff 90% of the time. I'd get whichever doctor was on call on Saturdays. Her nurse, Brandy, was belligerent and would not explain things in ways that I could understand. Dr. Chilvers often provided evasive answers.
375 gonal F, 150 menopur. Day 5 start of Cetrotide. Ovadril trigger shot. THERE WAS NO RATIONALE provided. Results: 5 mature follicles. 2 retrieved, 3 "stuck to wall" (Dr. Goeffrey Sher has a blog post on why that likely happens in AMA women: https://drgeoffreysherivf.com/implications-of-empty-follicle-syndrome-and-premature-luteinization/). Notice that in 2015, this Doctor wrote about how LH hormone could be the issue with egg quality in stim cycles for AMA patients. Now, look back at my treatment plan: double the LH hormone from Day 1. No ICSI recommended by doctor, so 1 fertilized, poor quality embryo; didn't make it to Day 5. Was left a message on a Sunday that my embryo died and that it was on me to make a follow-up appointment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Brandy)
I think, overall, they tried hard. I believe they meant well. There was ONE lady there who had been there over 14 years, assigned to Dr. Goldstein - she was a gem. The rest of them.... Brandy was a terrible communicator. When doing the all-important every-other-day ultrasounds, couldn't consistently get a view of both ovaries. Led to a lot of confusion around what results to expect come retrieval time. Felt like nursing staff could have been more compassionate, overall.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
They have a quality facility, and good SART rates for the easy stuff - younger mothers with unexplained infertility. If you're local and young, this is a great choice. I also understand that they have an in-house fresh donor egg program. If you're looking for this option, that's a nice offering over dealing with outside agencies.
I remember most of the testing being over $1000 each, which meant over $300 out of pocket for an HSG, ultrasound, etc. Claims were delayed in hitting my insurance for some reason, so monies paid toward my deductible weren't being counted when they would talk to me about my OOP for pharmacy and IVF treatment. It was frustrating.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Chilvers is makes me feel comfortable and is very good at explaining what she thinks is the best course of treatment for our infertility. We are just starting our first IVF cycle and I am very excited that she is in the drivers seat! Also, to note... she is great at referencing pictures to show exactly what she is talking about. Both my husband and I are visual learners and it is great to be able to picture what she's talking about each visit.
Everyone at the clinic [Fertility Specialists of TX- Frisco] is super helpful and we even had a meeting with an insurance advocate there which was super helpful for us in understanding what (little) coverage we have for infertility. The mornings can get super crowded in the waiting room but that's because labs are done before 9am. I'd say if you're not there for labs try to schedule appointments later in the day.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Send all of your information beforehand from past doctors/diagnosis'/surgeries/OBGYN reports, as she is a thorough note taker and this will save time.
Dr. Chilvers is very kind and friendly right off the bat. It is very apparent that she loves what she does and takes the time to ask a lot of questions and takes notes for reference at the next appointment. Never once have I felt like she didn't remember me or our situation. I am very comfortable with the IVF cycle we are beginning with her and putting our future in her hands.
We are proceeding w/IVF as this is our best option due to us both having issues. My husband has been diagnosed with vericole so his swimmers are abnormal, and I have endometriosis w/cysts which I've already had to have surgery on once before due to intense pain. We are also going to do ICSI and genetic testing to ensure we are transferring the best possible embryos.
Brandy has been super helpful w/my calendar and teaching me how to do my shots. She gets back with me ASAP when I leave her messages or email her. I really like her!
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Everyone at the clinic is super helpful and we even had a meeting with an insurance advocate there which was super helpful for us in understanding what (little) coverage we have for infertility. The mornings can get super crowded in the waiting room but that's because labs are done before 9am. I'd say if you're not there for labs try to schedule appointments later in the day.
Oocyte Retrieval - $2655, ICSI - $1500, PGS - $2500, Assisted Hatching - $360, Embryo Freezing $900, Embryo Transfer $423, Embryo Thaw $216, not including any meds from pharmacy
Dr. Chilvers only does one at a time to ensure a healthy pregnancy and baby. I am absolutely on board with this as I want the same. I think this is a great practice!
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Chilvers did an excellent job working with our diagnoses and preferences to come up with q successful protocol to make us pregnant. She didnt ask us to waste time and money with IUIs. She always explained exactly what she was doing and the scientific reasoning behind it. Everything she did was research based and thorough. She is friendly and professional...My eggs were fertilized via ICSI due to make factor infertility. We ended up freezing 10 high quality embryos and did a transfer cycle some months later. Our first transfer was successful.
Every member of staff [at Fertility Specialists of Texas] was always friendly and accommodating. Although the office was busy, we never felt rushed during our appointments and all of our questions were thoroughly answered. The staff was overjoyed when we got our positive result...The entire nursing staff was very friendly and my personal nurse always answered my questions promptly...We were using insurance, and the financial staff rarely could answer our questions about what expenses were expected. We wanted to do pGS testing and were originally told our insurance would cover it, but then mid cycle we had to cancel this procedure because we were then told that insurance would not cover it because the lab doesn't accept insurance and we would need to cash up front.
Trust the process. This clinic and doctor know exactly what they are doing and will take every measure to increase your chances of success.
Every member of staff was always friendly and accommodating. Although the office was busy, we never felt rushed during our appointments and all of our questions were thoroughly answered. The staff was overjoyed when we got our positive result.
We did a freeze all IVF retrieval cycle, because of my high risk of OHSS and because success rates are higher with frozen embryos than fresh. I do not feel comfortable noting my exact medications, and regardless these will be tailored to your specific circumstances. My eggs were fertilized via ICSI due to make factor infertility. We ended up freezing 10 high quality embryos and did a transfer cycle some months later. Our first transfer was successful. We did a down regulated cycle leading up to transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic is well organized and very clean, but can be very busy. There were a few times that we waited well over our appointment time to be seen. However, everyone we met at the clinic was very friendly and helpful. We were using insurance, and the financial staff rarely could answer our questions about what expenses were expected. We wanted to do pGS testing and were originally told our insurance would cover it, but then mid cycle we had to cancel this procedure because we were then told that insurance would not cover it because the lab doesn't accept insurance and we would need to cash up front.
We used insurance coverage to cover most of our cycle. We paid copayments per visit and about 3k in medication costs (our insurance covered 5k and the 3k is what was remaining of the balance.) We never knew what amounts to expect to pay for each procedure until after it had gone through insurance. We did receive an additional bill for $400 months after our transfer was completed.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
The doctor [Dr. Rebecca Chilvers] never remembered detail about me or my treatment. She would always look for a second ovary when we discussed each visit that it had been removed. So taking the time to read the chart before coming in would have saved me from reliving a painful experience at every visit...didn't have a warm bedside manner and honestly I felt she was confused when it came to the details of my case. She would ask me the same questions each visit and be surprised by my answers each time. If she took the time to review my chart, I wouldn't have to tell her about emotional surgeries each time. I think it was just rushed and not a situation where I felt like I had individualized care rather than a one size fits all approach.
The clinic [Fertility Specialists of Texas] messed up a prescription and also overcharged me for services that were not rendered. They fixed it once I caught the issue...The clinic just feels like an assembly line. There is no personal feel when you start to ask questions and need more details. This is a scary and intimidating process, so the method of care is really important...I have a tubular blockage so IVF was recommended. They retrieved 3 eggs, 2 were implanted. But they did not take. For the next round it was recommended that I freeze the eggs after retrieval instead of an immediate implantation.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
The doctor didn't have a warm bedside manner and honestly I felt she was confused when it came to the details of my case. She would ask me the same questions each visit and be surprised by my answers each time. If she took the time to review my chart, I wouldn't have to tell her about emotional surgeries each time. I think it was just rushed and not a situation where I felt like I had individualized care rather than a one size fits all approach.
Compare options of other doctors
The doctor never remembered detail about me or my treatment. She would always look for a second ovary when we discussed each visit that it had been removed. So taking the time to read the chart before coming in would have saved me from reliving a painful experience at every visit.
I have a tubular blockage so IVF was recommended. They retrieved 3 eggs, 2 were implanted. But they did not take. For the next round it was recommended that I freeze the eggs after retrieval instead of an immediate implantation. I believe this was recommended because they didn't want to hurt their statistics if the implant did not work again. The embryos did not survive the freezing.
Some nurse we were very good. I wish I had their names to add. But there was 1 that was disorganized and cost me getting the proper medicine needed because she didn't follow through with an order from the doctor. Some others just made you feel like a number during such a sensitive situation.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I don't have the details, but my insurance was exhausted after 1 IVF full cycle and an attempted retrieval and freezing at $30k.
I don't remember
+ Read more- Read less

She's [Dr. Chilvers is] very thorough and smart, sometimes she seems a bit busy bouncing from appointment to appointment, but I can tell she handles that very well. Even with my smallest appointments where a nurse could handle it, she's usually there...She's determined to meet our goal, and for any appointments she always lets me ask questions without feeling rushed...
They [Fert Specialists of TX - Frisco] really try to alleviate stress from the patient. Appointments are seems on time for the most part, they helped tremendously when dealing with insurance. Very understaning group. When you call the clinic, someone answers and they help right away...My main nurse was great. Responded promptly and practically anticipated my needs more of the time. She also gave me hugs during specific appointments....like egg retrieval day, transfer day...
She's very thorough and smart, sometimes she seems a bit busy bouncing from appointment to appointment, but I can tell she handles that very well. Even with my smallest appointments where a nurse could handle it, she's usually there.
Ask questions and voice your thoughts.
3 rounds of IVF, with no fertility problems, we are strictly doing this for PGD. Round 1 was a simple protocol that produced 6 eggs, but 4 made it to blast/testing. Since we are doing PGD, we went into another cycle to batch 2 months later. We upped the meds a bit, got 11 eggs, but again 4 made it to blast. Of the 8 genetically tested for our disease and PGS, 2 were healthy. After miscarrying 1 @ 8 weeks along, we decided to do another fresh cycle. We upped the dosage again, yeilding 11 eggs, but sadly 8 were severely immature leaving us with only 3 to work with. From those 3, 2 made it to blast. We are gearing up for another round to batch.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Moore)
My main nurse was great. Responded promptly and practically anticipated my needs more of the time. She also gave me hugs during specific appointments....like egg retrieval day, transfer day. She was very excited when our first beta came back positive.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
They really try to alleviate stress from the patient. Appointments are seems on time for the most part, they helped tremendously when dealing with insurance. Very understaning group. When you call the clinic, someone answers and they help right away.
Depending on where we were with our copay, my ultrasounds/labwork visits were $180 until my deductible was met, then it became $45. We did have to pay out of pocket for 1 egg retrieval , it was $9750. THe most recent retrieval was covered, but our copay was $900
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Chilvers is very thorough. She is very direct and may seem very cold but I think she’s constantly thinking and calculating as she’s reviewing your paperwork. She took her time and made it personable. She walked me through each step and I felt comfortable talking to her and didn’t feel rushed.... current recommendation is IVF with aggressive stims to get as many follicles. If I don’t get enough follicles it will be converted into an IUI.
Clinic [Fertility Specialists of Texas] is beautiful and modern. Very comfortable setting. Most consultations are done either in a consult room or the doctors office depending on what phase you’re in. Expect your first visit to be about an hour and a half: consult, bloodwork and vaginal sonogram.... IVF is $13,000 PGD is $2300 Meds quoted at $3000-$8000 Anethesia $600 paid two days in advance to a separate place. Late and it’s double.
I’m still currently going through my initial visits prior to my next treatment. Dr. Chilvers is very thorough. She is very direct and may seem very cold but I think she’s constantly thinking and calculating as she’s reviewing your paperwork. She took her time and made it personable. She walked me through each step and I felt comfortable talking to her and didn’t feel rushed.
Don’t be turned off by her directness. Remember why you’re there and she cuts to the chase.
She got to know me and asked every background question that was relevant. We shared a few laughs and she was personable yet direct.
The current recommendation is IVF with aggressive stims to get as many follicles. If I don’t get enough follicles it will be converted into an IUI.
Nursing staff was great. Walked me through the vitals and blood work. Every one was pleasant.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Clinic is beautiful and modern. Very comfortable setting. Most consultations are done either in a consult room or the doctors office depending on what phase you’re in. Expect your first visit to be about an hour and a half: consult, bloodwork and vaginal sonogram.
Dr. Chilvers believes in trying to get to a healthy pregnancy and prefers a single frozen embryo transfer.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Chilvers always took the time to thoroughly explain the science behind what we were trying and the process. But, she never lost site of the emotional aspects of infertility treatments and made sure that my spouse and I were doing well through everything.... Dr, Chilvers is an amazing physician who treats you with compassion while thoroughly explaining the process, risks, potential outcomes, etc. She always ensures understanding before moving forward. She focuses on both the patient and the spouse to help couples make decisions that are informed and best for each individual family.
Busy clinics [Fertility Specialists of Texas], but incredibly private. Convenient locations throughout the metro. Additional physicians available at all times. Provide additional support through referrals for support groups, counseling, and acupuncture. Offer a wonderful meditation on procedure days.... Kelly and the entire nursing team were incredible. We were walked through all the injections and felt so confident in our ability to administer at home. Anytime we had questions or something was happening that caused panic or stress, they returned phone calls really quickly.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Ask any question you have regarding your prognosis and treatment. She will make sure you are comfortable with everything and well informed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Kelly )
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Busy clinics, but incredibly private. Convenient locations throughout the metro. Additional physicians available at all times. Provide additional support through referrals for support groups, counseling, and acupuncture. Offer a wonderful meditation on procedure days.
Bundled payment for IVF that included all visits, procedures, and monitoring. Medications were always separate.
2013
We both truly liked Dr. Chilvers... She was just very new to the IVF world and seemed inexperienced. She left a little information for us and speed through everything so fast that we felt like if we weren't able to ask questions.
We loved the nurses. The front staff was less nice as all they cared about was taking our credit card.
2013
My husband and I went in just finding out that he has 0% morphology when we met Dr. Chilvers.... she took in our ages and my miscarriage history only went over a little of my family history... basically drew out our conception chances on the back of our semen analysis paper. tellings us we were so young I at the time was 26 and DH was 33. that our chances are super high and nothing to worry about. she ordered little medication which I ended up needing to order more towards the end of stims. I got OHSS and they almost cancelled my cycle. we ended up going forward with the Egg Retrieval. We on our own decided we wanted to use ICSI and we are glad we did. we both truly liked Dr. Chilvers... she was just very new to the IVF world and seemed inexperienced. She did do out WTF appointment after and only recommended IVF ICSI again. She did call a few weeks after to check in on us.
Make sure she goes over everything with you slowly. We did visit her over two years ago so I'm sure shes a pro now!
She left a little information for us and speed through everything so fast that we felt like if we werent able to ask questions. we loved the nurses. the front staff was less nice as all they cared about was taking our credit card.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The nurses were so friendly and remembered you.... took interest in our cycle! it made it seem less stressful talking it out while giving blood all the time

Anovulation, Unexplained
Dr. Chilvers went over each observation with incredible detail and explanation. She makes me feel comfortable and aware of what is going on!... She is very thourough and understands my need to know the next step and the process of it all. She states when it is her opinion so that you are able to make your own judgement in certain situations. We are currently getting ready for our IVF and have just started our cycle. She was the reason I chose to change doctors because of the way she explains things and doesn't just say "looks good"
The clinic [Fertility Specialists of Texas] is nice. The staff greet you and are willing to help right away. Wait time is normally very short-I was always early and was seen early. The clinic is easy to get to. We drove in from about an hour away so, it was nice to be able to find it easily.... Everyone in office has been so caring. Brandi is the nurse that helped us. She was very compassionate and easy to contact!
Anovulation, Unexplained
She is very thourough and understands my need to know the next step and the process of it all. She states when it is her opinion so that you are able to make your own judgement in certain situations. We are currently getting ready for our IVF and have just started our cycle. She was the reason I chose to change doctors because of the way she explains things and doesn't just say "looks good" as we heard for the previous 2 years.
Ask questions because she is not afraid of them! She is very knowledgeable and makes you feel like a person.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Brandi)
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic is nice. The staff greet you and are willing to help right away. Wait time is normally very short-I was always early and was seen early. The clinic is easy to get to. We drove in from about an hour away so, it was nice to be able to find it easily.
She was able to bill our insurance for some things which was nice since we do not have any fertility coverage.