6.9

540 East Southlake Blvd, Suite 100
Southlake, TX 76092
214-618-2044

2021, Consult
Dr. Chilvers unfortunately never once looked at me in the face. The visits we did have together she was on her computer typing and reading my results...She just kept pushing IVF~ which is fine, but we had question about other things we could consider like drugs etc. I hate to say it but she felt like a sales person and not a great one...
The billing staff [at Fertility Specialists of Texas] was knowledgeable, you schedule a zoom visit with them after your first consult visit. They broke down pricing for all the diagnostic tests and gave me the potential cost for IVF (and only IVF) as $20,700...The ultrasound and xray equipment is dated. I waited for a long time every time the doctor was involved. The front desk was constantly changing and everyone was leaving...
How was your experience with Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Dr. Chilvers unfortunately never once looked at me in the face. The visits we did have together she was on her computer typing and reading my results. During our final consultation to discuss our results of all the diagnostic tests and what course we should try. She never discussed options or gave us any idea of what was entailed for IVF or IUI. She just kept pushing IVF~ which is fine, but we had question about other things we could consider like drugs etc. I hate to say it but she felt like a sales person and not a great one.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Read her reviews.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Unfortunately from day one it felt like a sales consult. She is very disorganized and reading your labs to you as she reads them for the first time. She never really looked up from her computer even during the first visit she is just vigorously typing what you are saying. I have been told in the past if a doctor doesn't look at you when getting to know you~ run.
Describe the protocols Rebecca Chilvers used in your cycles at Fertility Specialists of Texas and their degree of success.
She never gave us any treatment strategies~ which is exactly why we chose to not do any IVF etc with her .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Grace)
Grace is unfortunately NOT with this clinic anymore.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Clinic location is great and the hospital is pretty. Inside the clinic is average, it is not amazing. The ultrasound and xray equipment is dated. I waited for a long time every time the doctor was involved. The front desk was constantly changing and everyone was leaving.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The billing staff was knowledgeable, you schedule a zoom visit with them after your first consult visit. They broke down pricing for all the diagnostic tests and gave me the potential cost for IVF (and only IVF) as $20,700.
Describe Rebecca Chilvers's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Frisco

Chilvers' is very science based. She is not personal, but again, she's a doctor. I don't need my doctor to be warm and fuzzy. If you do seek someone who is compassionate, do not see Chilvers'. Dr. Chilvers' never knew what was happening with my treatment. She missed a significant uterine abnormality...while preparing for transfer. Rebecca wasn't willing to stray from her clinics standard protocol. It felt very uniform and not individualized care.
Fertility Specialists of Texas Frisco - 1. When doing an IUI a nurse made a racial slur...They market themselves as very LGBTQ+ friendly, and they AREN'T...Heidi was an amazing IUI coordinator. She was very detailed and always heard my concerns...When preparing for an IUI the nurse called to tell me not to have intercourse with my husband - I AM IN A SAME SEX RELATIONSHIP
Chilvers' is very science based. She is not personal, but again, she's a doctor. I don't need my doctor to be warm and fuzzy. If you do seek someone who is compassionate, do not see Chilvers'. Dr. Chilvers' never knew what was happening with my treatment. She missed a significant uterine abnormality, only to find it after 5 IUI's - while preparing for transfer. Rebecca wasn't willing to stray from her clinics standard protocol. It felt very uniform and not individualized care.
Seek another clinic and doctor.
Dr. Chilvers' never knew who you were or what your past history was. She would always refer back to the chart at consults, while you were there in the room. She was never ready for appointments. She was never willing to try any different protocol.
7mg Letrozole IUI cycle- asked to be bumped up to injectables and was denied. Struggled to get my lining thick for FET - asked for more estrogen, patches, etc. and she unwillingly gave me patches.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Heidi Black)
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Fertility Specialists of Texas Frisco - 1. When doing an IUI a nurse made a racial slur when using the speculum referring to it as a black man. 2. When preparing for an IUI the nurse called to tell me not to have intercourse with my husband - I AM IN A SAME SEX RELATIONSHIP 3. When we sat down to sign consent forms for IVF, they gave us forms that were for a same sex couple. Their solution was to just cross out "husband" etc. They market themselves as very LGBTQ+ friendly, and they AREN'T.
We were able to use WINfertility at this clinic as they are a partner with FST. Our total cost for egg retrieval, meds, and one transfer was near $16,000. Without using WINferility we were quoted $21,000 for the retrieval, without meds or transfer. IUI's were $1800
Chilvers' and Fertility Specialists of Texas will only transfer 1 embryo because they lost accreditation with Blue Cross Blue Shield in the past.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
See prior answers about racist comments, etc.

2015 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Very rarely, during my cycle, was Dr. Chilvers available...for someone over 40, she had 0 ability to customize a treatment plan that would provide the best chance of a positive outcome. Other clinics will provide a list of supplements including DHEA, which has shown positive scientific results in treatment of AMA patients. Dr. Chilvers put me on a standard cycle, with just greater dosages. I'd have preferred it if she admitted that 40+ wasn't her expertise and referred me to one of the other doctors in her practice, perhaps, but there didn't seem to be that type of collaboration inside the practice, either.
Was left a message [by Fertility Specialists of Texas] on a Sunday that my embryo died and that it was on me to make a follow-up appointment...Brandy [nurse] was a terrible communicator. When doing the all-important every-other-day ultrasounds, couldn't consistently get a view of both ovaries. Led to a lot of confusion around what results to expect come retrieval time. Felt like nursing staff could have been more compassionate, overall.
I don't think Dr. Chilvers is suited to this particular sector of the profession. She has other skills, of course, and I think she is/would be a great OB/GYN, but became an RE due to financial reasons. She has never been in the chair herself, so she has no great personal belief in the outcomes. And for someone over 40, she had 0 ability to customize a treatment plan that would provide the best chance of a positive outcome. Other clinics will provide a list of supplements including DHEA, which has shown positive scientific results in treatment of AMA patients. Dr. Chilvers put me on a standard cycle, with just greater dosages. I'd have preferred it if she admitted that 40+ wasn't her expertise and referred me to one of the other doctors in her practice, perhaps, but there didn't seem to be that type of collaboration inside the practice, either.
If you are over 40, go somewhere else. Period. If you're under 40, review the SART rates, and ask for more information about their lab. Also, ask ask ask about supplements you can take to increase your chances. Additionally, consider what it means to treat the WHOLE you throughout this process. There are IVF meditiations on apps for your iPhone, see a counselor. This is hard. Do things to take care of YOU throughout this process and find the right doctor that supports you.
Very rarely, during my cycle, was Dr. Chilvers available. I saw only her staff 90% of the time. I'd get whichever doctor was on call on Saturdays. Her nurse, Brandy, was belligerent and would not explain things in ways that I could understand. Dr. Chilvers often provided evasive answers.
375 gonal F, 150 menopur. Day 5 start of Cetrotide. Ovadril trigger shot. THERE WAS NO RATIONALE provided. Results: 5 mature follicles. 2 retrieved, 3 "stuck to wall" (Dr. Goeffrey Sher has a blog post on why that likely happens in AMA women: https://drgeoffreysherivf.com/implications-of-empty-follicle-syndrome-and-premature-luteinization/). Notice that in 2015, this Doctor wrote about how LH hormone could be the issue with egg quality in stim cycles for AMA patients. Now, look back at my treatment plan: double the LH hormone from Day 1. No ICSI recommended by doctor, so 1 fertilized, poor quality embryo; didn't make it to Day 5. Was left a message on a Sunday that my embryo died and that it was on me to make a follow-up appointment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Brandy)
I think, overall, they tried hard. I believe they meant well. There was ONE lady there who had been there over 14 years, assigned to Dr. Goldstein - she was a gem. The rest of them.... Brandy was a terrible communicator. When doing the all-important every-other-day ultrasounds, couldn't consistently get a view of both ovaries. Led to a lot of confusion around what results to expect come retrieval time. Felt like nursing staff could have been more compassionate, overall.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
They have a quality facility, and good SART rates for the easy stuff - younger mothers with unexplained infertility. If you're local and young, this is a great choice. I also understand that they have an in-house fresh donor egg program. If you're looking for this option, that's a nice offering over dealing with outside agencies.
I remember most of the testing being over $1000 each, which meant over $300 out of pocket for an HSG, ultrasound, etc. Claims were delayed in hitting my insurance for some reason, so monies paid toward my deductible weren't being counted when they would talk to me about my OOP for pharmacy and IVF treatment. It was frustrating.
Frisco

The doctor [Dr. Rebecca Chilvers] never remembered detail about me or my treatment. She would always look for a second ovary when we discussed each visit that it had been removed. So taking the time to read the chart before coming in would have saved me from reliving a painful experience at every visit...didn't have a warm bedside manner and honestly I felt she was confused when it came to the details of my case. She would ask me the same questions each visit and be surprised by my answers each time. If she took the time to review my chart, I wouldn't have to tell her about emotional surgeries each time. I think it was just rushed and not a situation where I felt like I had individualized care rather than a one size fits all approach.
The clinic [Fertility Specialists of Texas] messed up a prescription and also overcharged me for services that were not rendered. They fixed it once I caught the issue...The clinic just feels like an assembly line. There is no personal feel when you start to ask questions and need more details. This is a scary and intimidating process, so the method of care is really important...I have a tubular blockage so IVF was recommended. They retrieved 3 eggs, 2 were implanted. But they did not take. For the next round it was recommended that I freeze the eggs after retrieval instead of an immediate implantation.
The doctor didn't have a warm bedside manner and honestly I felt she was confused when it came to the details of my case. She would ask me the same questions each visit and be surprised by my answers each time. If she took the time to review my chart, I wouldn't have to tell her about emotional surgeries each time. I think it was just rushed and not a situation where I felt like I had individualized care rather than a one size fits all approach.
Compare options of other doctors
The doctor never remembered detail about me or my treatment. She would always look for a second ovary when we discussed each visit that it had been removed. So taking the time to read the chart before coming in would have saved me from reliving a painful experience at every visit.
I have a tubular blockage so IVF was recommended. They retrieved 3 eggs, 2 were implanted. But they did not take. For the next round it was recommended that I freeze the eggs after retrieval instead of an immediate implantation. I believe this was recommended because they didn't want to hurt their statistics if the implant did not work again. The embryos did not survive the freezing.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Some nurse we were very good. I wish I had their names to add. But there was 1 that was disorganized and cost me getting the proper medicine needed because she didn't follow through with an order from the doctor. Some others just made you feel like a number during such a sensitive situation.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I don't have the details, but my insurance was exhausted after 1 IVF full cycle and an attempted retrieval and freezing at $30k.
I don't remember
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic messed up a prescription and also overcharged me for services that were not rendered. They fixed it once I caught the issue.

2013, Unsuccessful
We both truly liked Dr. Chilvers... She was just very new to the IVF world and seemed inexperienced. She left a little information for us and speed through everything so fast that we felt like if we weren't able to ask questions.
We loved the nurses. The front staff was less nice as all they cared about was taking our credit card.
My husband and I went in just finding out that he has 0% morphology when we met Dr. Chilvers.... she took in our ages and my miscarriage history only went over a little of my family history... basically drew out our conception chances on the back of our semen analysis paper. tellings us we were so young I at the time was 26 and DH was 33. that our chances are super high and nothing to worry about. she ordered little medication which I ended up needing to order more towards the end of stims. I got OHSS and they almost cancelled my cycle. we ended up going forward with the Egg Retrieval. We on our own decided we wanted to use ICSI and we are glad we did. we both truly liked Dr. Chilvers... she was just very new to the IVF world and seemed inexperienced. She did do out WTF appointment after and only recommended IVF ICSI again. She did call a few weeks after to check in on us.
Make sure she goes over everything with you slowly. We did visit her over two years ago so I'm sure shes a pro now!
She left a little information for us and speed through everything so fast that we felt like if we werent able to ask questions. we loved the nurses. the front staff was less nice as all they cared about was taking our credit card.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The nurses were so friendly and remembered you.... took interest in our cycle! it made it seem less stressful talking it out while giving blood all the time
Frisco

Appointments [with Dr. Rebecca Chilvers] are constantly running behind schedule - I'm certain the doctor does not know my name even though we have been to several appointments with her now - I feel as if she did not actually address my concerns that I presented to her because she did not have time (due to having so many patients) to comprehensively assess my case...is highly intelligent and is probably well respected in the field. However, I never felt like she was trying to get "the whole story" and assess my current issues in conjunction with my irregular mestrual history. Additionally, her recommended treatment is IVF without starting with a less expensive and less invasive first line of treatment such as ovulation induction.
I did not pursue treatment [at Fertility Specialists of Texas] because I felt as if IVF as a first step was far too aggressive...I never met my primary nurse (Laura)...I appreciate that it is a child free environment. I would have benefited from a more clear set of directions on what to do if I have questions and preferred method of contact since the front desk always seemed highly irritated if I asked them who I needed to speak to about my questions...Appointments are constantly running behind schedule - I'm certain the doctor does not know my name even though we have been to several appointments with her now - I feel as if she did not actually address my concerns that I presented to her because she did not have time (due to having so many patients) to comprehensively assess my case
I feel that Dr. Chilvers is highly intelligent and is probably well respected in the field. However, I never felt like she was trying to get "the whole story" and assess my current issues in conjunction with my irregular mestrual history. Additionally, her recommended treatment is IVF without starting with a less expensive and less invasive first line of treatment such as ovulation induction.
Avoid unless you are seeking IVF
- Appointments are constantly running behind schedule - I'm certain the doctor does not know my name even though we have been to several appointments with her now - I feel as if she did not actually address my concerns that I presented to her because she did not have time (due to having so many patients) to comprehensively assess my case
I did not pursue treatment because I felt as if IVF as a first step was far too aggressive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Laura)
I never met my primary nurse (Laura)