6.9

540 East Southlake Blvd, Suite 100
Southlake, TX 76092
214-618-2044

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
She's [Dr. Chilvers is] very thorough and smart, sometimes she seems a bit busy bouncing from appointment to appointment, but I can tell she handles that very well. Even with my smallest appointments where a nurse could handle it, she's usually there...She's determined to meet our goal, and for any appointments she always lets me ask questions without feeling rushed...
They [Fert Specialists of TX - Frisco] really try to alleviate stress from the patient. Appointments are seems on time for the most part, they helped tremendously when dealing with insurance. Very understaning group. When you call the clinic, someone answers and they help right away...My main nurse was great. Responded promptly and practically anticipated my needs more of the time. She also gave me hugs during specific appointments....like egg retrieval day, transfer day...
How was your experience with Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
She's very thorough and smart, sometimes she seems a bit busy bouncing from appointment to appointment, but I can tell she handles that very well. Even with my smallest appointments where a nurse could handle it, she's usually there.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Ask questions and voice your thoughts.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Describe the protocols Rebecca Chilvers used in your cycles at Fertility Specialists of Texas and their degree of success.
3 rounds of IVF, with no fertility problems, we are strictly doing this for PGD. Round 1 was a simple protocol that produced 6 eggs, but 4 made it to blast/testing. Since we are doing PGD, we went into another cycle to batch 2 months later. We upped the meds a bit, got 11 eggs, but again 4 made it to blast. Of the 8 genetically tested for our disease and PGS, 2 were healthy. After miscarrying 1 @ 8 weeks along, we decided to do another fresh cycle. We upped the dosage again, yeilding 11 eggs, but sadly 8 were severely immature leaving us with only 3 to work with. From those 3, 2 made it to blast. We are gearing up for another round to batch.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Moore)
My main nurse was great. Responded promptly and practically anticipated my needs more of the time. She also gave me hugs during specific appointments....like egg retrieval day, transfer day. She was very excited when our first beta came back positive.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
They really try to alleviate stress from the patient. Appointments are seems on time for the most part, they helped tremendously when dealing with insurance. Very understaning group. When you call the clinic, someone answers and they help right away.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Depending on where we were with our copay, my ultrasounds/labwork visits were $180 until my deductible was met, then it became $45. We did have to pay out of pocket for 1 egg retrieval , it was $9750. THe most recent retrieval was covered, but our copay was $900
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Unfortunately during my 3rd cycle, there was a change up with the nursing staff. It caused me some confusion, and it may have overhwelmed some of the nurses that had to fill in the gaps. Although all the nurses where extremely helpful, I sometimes had to remind the one I got assigned to, to call in an RX (non-urgent one). I usually get a phone call and email w/ instructions with my blood work to confirm I can start my stim meds. For this last round, I did not, but I did receive email communication. I was so excited to get started, but felt kind of let down that I did not get the actual phone call.
Rebecca Chilvers
Frisco
Dr. Chilvers is very thorough. She is very direct and may seem very cold but I think she’s constantly thinking and calculating as she’s reviewing your paperwork. She took her time and made it personable. She walked me through each step and I felt comfortable talking to her and didn’t feel rushed.... current recommendation is IVF with aggressive stims to get as many follicles. If I don’t get enough follicles it will be converted into an IUI.
Clinic [Fertility Specialists of Texas] is beautiful and modern. Very comfortable setting. Most consultations are done either in a consult room or the doctors office depending on what phase you’re in. Expect your first visit to be about an hour and a half: consult, bloodwork and vaginal sonogram.... IVF is $13,000 PGD is $2300 Meds quoted at $3000-$8000 Anethesia $600 paid two days in advance to a separate place. Late and it’s double.
I’m still currently going through my initial visits prior to my next treatment. Dr. Chilvers is very thorough. She is very direct and may seem very cold but I think she’s constantly thinking and calculating as she’s reviewing your paperwork. She took her time and made it personable. She walked me through each step and I felt comfortable talking to her and didn’t feel rushed.
Don’t be turned off by her directness. Remember why you’re there and she cuts to the chase.
She got to know me and asked every background question that was relevant. We shared a few laughs and she was personable yet direct.
The current recommendation is IVF with aggressive stims to get as many follicles. If I don’t get enough follicles it will be converted into an IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Nursing staff was great. Walked me through the vitals and blood work. Every one was pleasant.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Clinic is beautiful and modern. Very comfortable setting. Most consultations are done either in a consult room or the doctors office depending on what phase you’re in. Expect your first visit to be about an hour and a half: consult, bloodwork and vaginal sonogram.
Describe Rebecca Chilvers's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Dr. Chilvers believes in trying to get to a healthy pregnancy and prefers a single frozen embryo transfer.
Rebecca Chilvers