6.9

Southlake
540 East Southlake Blvd, Suite 100
Southlake, TX 76092
214-618-2044

The strategy [of Dr. Rebecca Chilvers] was to test all aspects to see what was going on and why we couldn't conceive naturally. During all internal sonograms, she was very careful to examine thoroughly to make sure nothing was overlooked. So far, we are satisfied that we finally have a doctor that not only listens to us, but also willing to help us better understand so that we can fulfill our dreams...is very compassionate to our case. Willing to dig further for better explanation rather than us feeling like we have a doctor that wanted to hurry through. She was always patient and willing to thoroughly explain each result of testing.
Each team member I have encountered [at Fertility Specialists of Texas] has been AMAZING... Each one willing to take the time to assist me any way they can so that my dreams can become reality one day...Initial consultation, lab tests, blood draws, sonograms. Roughly $1,500. Ivf process and medications without any discounts will run about $20,000.00...email is a great way to communicate so you can get a timely response and it is in writing. This is helpful if you are a "Pre-Planner" like myself.
How was your experience with Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
She is willing to take on our case and research further to better understand the rarity of our issues. She did not sugar coat things, which made for a very honest and trusting doctor. One that was willing to be upfront and honest, one that was willing to sit and truly listen to our concerns, one that took the extra time to make sure we fully understood lab results and what our options were. During tests she performed, she was always cautious of my comfort so not to cause any more discomfort than what already I had been through.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
My one piece of advice, be willing to ask questions when unsure rather than be afraid to ask. She is VERY knowledgeable and willing to help.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Dr. Chilvers is very compassionate to our case. Willing to dig further for better explanation rather than us feeling like we have a doctor that wanted to hurry through. She was always patient and willing to thoroughly explain each result of testing.
Describe the protocols Rebecca Chilvers used in your cycles at Fertility Specialists of Texas and their degree of success.
The strategy was to test all aspects to see what was going on and why we couldn't conceive naturally. During all internal sonograms, she was very careful to examine thoroughly to make sure nothing was overlooked. So far, we are satisfied that we finally have a doctor that not only listens to us, but also willing to help us better understand so that we can fulfill our dreams.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Griffin)
Each team member I have encountered has been AMAZING... Each one willing to take the time to assist me any way they can so that my dreams can become reality one day.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
New patients, I recommend to keep in mind that patience always helps. If needing additional information, email is a great way to communicate so you can get a timely response and it is in writing. This is helpful if you are a "Pre-Planner" like myself.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Initial consultation, lab tests, blood draws, sonograms. Roughly $1,500. Ivf process and medications without any discounts will run about $20,000.00 (not started just yet, due to needing to save funds)
Describe Rebecca Chilvers's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I dont have any comments at this time. We have not made it that far.
Frisco

Dr. Chilvers is makes me feel comfortable and is very good at explaining what she thinks is the best course of treatment for our infertility. We are just starting our first IVF cycle and I am very excited that she is in the drivers seat! Also, to note... she is great at referencing pictures to show exactly what she is talking about. Both my husband and I are visual learners and it is great to be able to picture what she's talking about each visit.
Everyone at the clinic [Fertility Specialists of TX- Frisco] is super helpful and we even had a meeting with an insurance advocate there which was super helpful for us in understanding what (little) coverage we have for infertility. The mornings can get super crowded in the waiting room but that's because labs are done before 9am. I'd say if you're not there for labs try to schedule appointments later in the day.
Send all of your information beforehand from past doctors/diagnosis'/surgeries/OBGYN reports, as she is a thorough note taker and this will save time.
Dr. Chilvers is very kind and friendly right off the bat. It is very apparent that she loves what she does and takes the time to ask a lot of questions and takes notes for reference at the next appointment. Never once have I felt like she didn't remember me or our situation. I am very comfortable with the IVF cycle we are beginning with her and putting our future in her hands.
We are proceeding w/IVF as this is our best option due to us both having issues. My husband has been diagnosed with vericole so his swimmers are abnormal, and I have endometriosis w/cysts which I've already had to have surgery on once before due to intense pain. We are also going to do ICSI and genetic testing to ensure we are transferring the best possible embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Brandy)
Brandy has been super helpful w/my calendar and teaching me how to do my shots. She gets back with me ASAP when I leave her messages or email her. I really like her!
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Everyone at the clinic is super helpful and we even had a meeting with an insurance advocate there which was super helpful for us in understanding what (little) coverage we have for infertility. The mornings can get super crowded in the waiting room but that's because labs are done before 9am. I'd say if you're not there for labs try to schedule appointments later in the day.
Oocyte Retrieval - $2655, ICSI - $1500, PGS - $2500, Assisted Hatching - $360, Embryo Freezing $900, Embryo Transfer $423, Embryo Thaw $216, not including any meds from pharmacy
Dr. Chilvers only does one at a time to ensure a healthy pregnancy and baby. I am absolutely on board with this as I want the same. I think this is a great practice!
Frisco

Dr. Chilvers did an excellent job working with our diagnoses and preferences to come up with q successful protocol to make us pregnant. She didnt ask us to waste time and money with IUIs. She always explained exactly what she was doing and the scientific reasoning behind it. Everything she did was research based and thorough. She is friendly and professional...My eggs were fertilized via ICSI due to make factor infertility. We ended up freezing 10 high quality embryos and did a transfer cycle some months later. Our first transfer was successful.
Every member of staff [at Fertility Specialists of Texas] was always friendly and accommodating. Although the office was busy, we never felt rushed during our appointments and all of our questions were thoroughly answered. The staff was overjoyed when we got our positive result...The entire nursing staff was very friendly and my personal nurse always answered my questions promptly...We were using insurance, and the financial staff rarely could answer our questions about what expenses were expected. We wanted to do pGS testing and were originally told our insurance would cover it, but then mid cycle we had to cancel this procedure because we were then told that insurance would not cover it because the lab doesn't accept insurance and we would need to cash up front.
Trust the process. This clinic and doctor know exactly what they are doing and will take every measure to increase your chances of success.
Every member of staff was always friendly and accommodating. Although the office was busy, we never felt rushed during our appointments and all of our questions were thoroughly answered. The staff was overjoyed when we got our positive result.
We did a freeze all IVF retrieval cycle, because of my high risk of OHSS and because success rates are higher with frozen embryos than fresh. I do not feel comfortable noting my exact medications, and regardless these will be tailored to your specific circumstances. My eggs were fertilized via ICSI due to make factor infertility. We ended up freezing 10 high quality embryos and did a transfer cycle some months later. Our first transfer was successful. We did a down regulated cycle leading up to transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic is well organized and very clean, but can be very busy. There were a few times that we waited well over our appointment time to be seen. However, everyone we met at the clinic was very friendly and helpful. We were using insurance, and the financial staff rarely could answer our questions about what expenses were expected. We wanted to do pGS testing and were originally told our insurance would cover it, but then mid cycle we had to cancel this procedure because we were then told that insurance would not cover it because the lab doesn't accept insurance and we would need to cash up front.
We used insurance coverage to cover most of our cycle. We paid copayments per visit and about 3k in medication costs (our insurance covered 5k and the 3k is what was remaining of the balance.) We never knew what amounts to expect to pay for each procedure until after it had gone through insurance. We did receive an additional bill for $400 months after our transfer was completed.
2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Chilvers always took the time to thoroughly explain the science behind what we were trying and the process. But, she never lost site of the emotional aspects of infertility treatments and made sure that my spouse and I were doing well through everything.... Dr, Chilvers is an amazing physician who treats you with compassion while thoroughly explaining the process, risks, potential outcomes, etc. She always ensures understanding before moving forward. She focuses on both the patient and the spouse to help couples make decisions that are informed and best for each individual family.
Busy clinics [Fertility Specialists of Texas], but incredibly private. Convenient locations throughout the metro. Additional physicians available at all times. Provide additional support through referrals for support groups, counseling, and acupuncture. Offer a wonderful meditation on procedure days.... Kelly and the entire nursing team were incredible. We were walked through all the injections and felt so confident in our ability to administer at home. Anytime we had questions or something was happening that caused panic or stress, they returned phone calls really quickly.
Ask any question you have regarding your prognosis and treatment. She will make sure you are comfortable with everything and well informed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Kelly )
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Busy clinics, but incredibly private. Convenient locations throughout the metro. Additional physicians available at all times. Provide additional support through referrals for support groups, counseling, and acupuncture. Offer a wonderful meditation on procedure days.
Bundled payment for IVF that included all visits, procedures, and monitoring. Medications were always separate.
Frisco

Dr. Chilvers went over each observation with incredible detail and explanation. She makes me feel comfortable and aware of what is going on!... She is very thourough and understands my need to know the next step and the process of it all. She states when it is her opinion so that you are able to make your own judgement in certain situations. We are currently getting ready for our IVF and have just started our cycle. She was the reason I chose to change doctors because of the way she explains things and doesn't just say "looks good"
The clinic [Fertility Specialists of Texas] is nice. The staff greet you and are willing to help right away. Wait time is normally very short-I was always early and was seen early. The clinic is easy to get to. We drove in from about an hour away so, it was nice to be able to find it easily.... Everyone in office has been so caring. Brandi is the nurse that helped us. She was very compassionate and easy to contact!
She is very thourough and understands my need to know the next step and the process of it all. She states when it is her opinion so that you are able to make your own judgement in certain situations. We are currently getting ready for our IVF and have just started our cycle. She was the reason I chose to change doctors because of the way she explains things and doesn't just say "looks good" as we heard for the previous 2 years.
Ask questions because she is not afraid of them! She is very knowledgeable and makes you feel like a person.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Brandi)
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic is nice. The staff greet you and are willing to help right away. Wait time is normally very short-I was always early and was seen early. The clinic is easy to get to. We drove in from about an hour away so, it was nice to be able to find it easily.
She was able to bill our insurance for some things which was nice since we do not have any fertility coverage.

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Chilvers] take all my views and concerns into consideration when making decisions ... She was so sweet and caring. Great listener and explained everything! This is always stressful but she was patient and answered all questions and made sure we understood the whole process. She has been a delight and we absolutely will continue to see her until our dreams become a reality! ...
All [at Fertility Specialists of Texas] very personable and approachable! All sympathetic they are fantastic! ... It was a small office only 3-4 nurses they were all very helpful and remembered me every time and cheered me on every month like they really do care about their patients! ... They can be a little hard to reach on the phone sometimes so it’s best to get all that done in person if you can!
Make lists! Ask questions and take notes!
She take all my views and concerns into consideration when making decisions
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
All very personable and approachable! All sympathetic they are fantastic! Just be sure to pay attention! Get all the paper work and take notes! They can be a little hard to reach on the phone sometimes so it’s best to get all that done in person if you can!
We spent around $7000 for testing and IUI’s
Grapevine (closed)

[Dr. Rebecca Chilvers]She uses her skills to get you to the best result possible. She will set out your plan step by step. She also uses her personal experience and experience that she has with other patients...she is straight to the point about the facts and she explains why she does things the way she does them...
The nursing staff [of Fertility Specialists of Texas] is excellent and are a wealth of information...Because the doctors go from clinic to clinic you have to adjust your time to their schedule if you want a particular office...[cost[~15,000 that is just the initial IVF and testing...The clinic is great at communicating and letting you know the cost of treatments before you jump into them
Dr. Chilvers is brilliant and is great with data. She uses her skills to get you to the best result possible. She will set out your plan step by step. She also uses her personal experience and experience that she has with other patients. She is a bit odd in her personality so if you are not okay with quirky she may not be for you. Also she is very straight forward and for some people that may come off as cold. I love that she is straight to the point about the facts and she explains why she does things the way she does them.
Go in with lots of questions. If you have questions slow Dr. Chilvers down and ask them. She is very good at explaining things. Remember that she is data driven and she will give things to you straight.
Dr. Chilvers was warm and very clinical. I can be clinical because that is my job as a Dermatology PA. She helped me set my expectations but also gave me hope.
I have not started the protocol because of cost. We do not have the money to start any treatments. Though I have purchased all the recommended medications. My plan was to first harvest my eggs , freeze them. Allow for my body to heal then remove my uterine fibroids and during that time get my weight to an ideal BMI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The nursing staff is excellent and are a wealth of information. I can tell they love their jobs and are caring and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic is great at communicating and letting you know the cost of treatments before you jump into them. They are weak in availability. Because the doctors go from clinic to clinic you have to adjust your time to their schedule if you want a particular office. I live in Frisco and it is not convenient for me to go to Southlake to she Dr. Chilvers so one of my procedures was done my Dr. Patel who was great but not what I was use to..
~15,000 that is just the initial IVF and testing
She likes eSET due to the data supported success and health of the baby when the baby is born. She has found that multiples implanted cause more problems during the pregnancy.

2020, Consult
Dr. Chilvers has a very bubbly personality and talks to you like a human being and not just “another case.”...she was very thorough on my lab works and was able to speak to me more about the next steps which I hadn’t had from the doctor before. She is willing to dive deeper into your struggles to help come up with a game plan..
[Fertility Specialists of Texas] Scheduling a consult was quick and effortless! I sent a message to the website and got a real response to some of the questions I had. The process to get paperwork done was well laid out and I felt it was a direct reflection of the clinic which I’m excited about...[Dr. Chilvers]she was very thorough on my lab works and was able to speak to me more about the next steps
We only had a consult with her but she was very thorough on my lab works and was able to speak to me more about the next steps which I hadn’t had from the doctor before. She is willing to dive deeper into your struggles to help come up with a game plan!
Have faith in yourself and know she cares about you and is willing to explore options.
Dr. Chilvers has a very bubbly personality and talks to you like a human being and not just “another case.” I feel she genuinely cares about our journey and shares in our excitement.
N/A - consult only