Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center

Doctor available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolStanford U.
ResidencyU. Hospitals of Cleveland
FellowshipCleveland Clinic
26900 Cedar Road
Beachwood, OH 44122
216.839.3100
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Rebecca Flyckt to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center to a friend?
Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
She's [Dr. Rebecca Flyckt] very busy, so it can be difficult to get an appointment as a new incoming patient. However, I was always given full attention when I was in need of contact with her. She's very thorough and educated on my specific medical conditions and needs, so I never had to question my care. She was a referral because my specific needs required more specialized skills and training, and she's been great bedside and in the office.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Rebecca Flyckt at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
She's very busy, so it can be difficult to get an appointment as a new incoming patient. However, I was always given full attention when I was in need of contact with her. She's very thorough and educated on my specific medical conditions and needs, so I never had to question my care. She was a referral because my specific needs required more specialized skills and training, and she's been great bedside and in the office.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rebecca Flyckt at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
She's all ears and ready to assist in sny way she can within her medical expertise. Be patient with her schedule, she's worth the little wait to get in to see her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rebecca Flyckt at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
I've always been given the time I needed face-to-face interaction in the office and/or hospital. If the scheduler could not get me in, all I had to do was message my Dr and she would fit me in without issues.
Describe the protocols Rebecca Flyckt used in your cycles at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had 2 quite major surgeries within weeks of each other, the second one she did, so she wanted my uterus and all to be healed before trying to conceive. Initially there was no concern that we would have more issues conceiving, so we trued for 6 mos. She wanted a check in with her if nothing happened after that time. We discussed and moved toward IUI and oral meds. She limited us to 3 rounds as she felt doing more could cause me and my body further complications. After 3 rounds, it was made clear IVF would have to be our next step and affording that was going to be a challenge.
At any time, if I had concerns or questions there was no hesitation in helpibg me get the answers. Post surgery 2, my 2 nurses at the Beachwood Clinic ICU were amazing I have no words. Without Dr Flyckt's knowledgeable engaged nursing team, the care wouldn't be what it is.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Cleveland Clinic is the only hospital I will go to in my area. They are top rated in various categories for good reason. I've been treated by many different physicians at the clinic and have received top quality care all around. As mentioned previously, some drs can be a little difficult to get in to see quickly, but they are good at fitting you in. Very clean and professional from the parking lot to the top floors.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rebecca Flyckt at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
I don't remember all details. Each round of IUI (not including meds) is around $500 per round. They do give a military veteran discount and that helps. IVF is around $12,000 per round, but again give military veteran discount (though my husband and I have yet to do IVF due to up front out of pocket costs.)
2012 - 2018
Dr. Flyckt was very kind and knowledgeable, but it seemed like she was too busy and away from the clinic too much. Far too many times I felt like she wasn’t making the decisions in my care while other doctors on the team who didn’t know me personally were acting for her. I wish she could have spent more time communicating and being committed to our treatment and success....Dr. Flyckt used some of the same protocols over and over while seemingly expecting different results.
2012 - 2018
Dr. Flyckt was very kind and knowledgeable, but it seemed like she was too busy and away from the clinic too much. Far too many times I felt like she wasn’t making the decisions in my care while other doctors on the team who didn’t know me personally were acting for her. I wish she could have spent more time communicating and being committed to our treatment and success. I feel she genuinely cared yet was too out of reach when we really needed her.
Be a clear communicator. Get all of your questions answered the few times you see her or get her on the phone because they are few and far between.
Very hard to get into touch with Dr. Flyckt even though she was my doctor. I often got pushed off to nurses or other doctors unfamiliar with my case.
Dr. Flyckt used some of the same protocols over and over while seemingly expecting different results. When we pressured her to change it up, we started seeing results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sally)
The nurses were all excellent but at this practice, know that you’ll be dealing with nurses (not your doctor) 95% of the time.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Financially disorganized. Example - I paid for an embryo transfer in full yet the clinic still sent it out to a collections agency! Also, stay with the same nurse and ultrasound tech so they can have a consistent history.
$1000 IVF $5000 meds for IVF $500 per visit to Dr Flyckt $3000 per embryo transfer
Describe Rebecca Flyckt's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Doctor has strong preference on only transferring one embryo at a time.
What specific things went wrong at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
She [Dr Rebecca Flyckt] was upfront about the fact that she thinks my chances for another pregnancy are slim. She admitted that she was not sure of which medication protocol would work best so she asked if she could present my case to the rest of her team for opinions. I don’t think many doctors would do that and I appreciate that she cares enough to ask for others’ opinions.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
I have met with Dr. Flyckt three times and have a lot of respect for her. She is honest, caring and open to her patient’s opinions. She was upfront about the fact that she thinks my chances for another pregnancy are slim. She admitted that she was not sure of which medication protocol would work best so she asked if she could present my case to the rest of her team for opinions. I don’t think many doctors would do that and I appreciate that she cares enough to ask for others’ opinions.
She is well respected and seems to treat every patient as important.
Dr. Flyckt showed compassion and interest. She worked around my schedule. She was honest about my chances of pregnancy but talked in a kind way.
I will start IVF with her clinic next month. If that doesn't work she suggested donor eggs.
I haven't worked with the nurses much but I'm sure once my IVF cycle starts I will more. They have been responsive by email and phone.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
The only downside to working with Dr. Flyckt is having to deal with the billing department at the Cleveland Clinic. Their billing department is known to lose checks, misallocate payments, etc. Dealing with their department is a hassle but is worth it because I trust Dr. Flyckt and feel like she cares for me both as a person and as a patient.
2013 - 2018
IVF, Donor Eggs
Incredible doctor, truly one of the best at the Cleveland Clinic. Compassionate but realistic, she made a difficult process easier. I recommend her to everyone I encounter who suffers from infertility - she's that good.... We were never rushed, she was always available to answer questions/ concerns whether via email, phone, or in person. Dr. Flyckt truly cares about her patients.
2013 - 2018
IVF, Donor Eggs
Know that you are in very good hands. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
Spent a lot of time following up with the nursing staff, felt that the organization was lacking slightly.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
One of the best in the country, but it is a big hospital. Be prepared for scheduling out on appointments and sometimes needing to do follow-up. Billing is a headache, so watch that as well, stay on top of the claims from your insurance.
Egg Freezing, IVF
She [Dr. Flyckt] is very kind and relate-able. She humanized a hard, complicated and emotional process.
Egg Freezing, IVF
She is very kind and relate-able. She humanized a hard, complicated and emotional process.