4.8

Bel Air
201 Plumtree Road
Bel Air, MD 21015
410.569.0545

He [Dr. Yazigi] was very good about explaining the process he understood when we didn’t want to use donor sperm yet and came up woth an alternative. He was very good at making us feel like it was not hopeless. He set us up woth urologist to see my husband and gave us positive anecdotes...He was very good about explaining the whole process and gave us options based on our failed cycle with reasons why..
They [Shady Grove] are busy! Make sure if you’re doing ivf make the first appt available All of the staff was good and everyone was knowledgeable and compassionate....First assigned Stefanie Hernandez and she was great! She got a new job and for my frozen transfer I was assigned Danielle bird a She was not good and was not organized and seemed annoyed with me... Be sure to ask about discounts because they have some for the scripts
How was your experience with Ricardo Yazigi at Shady Grove Fertility?
He was very good about explaining the process he understood when we didn’t want to use donor sperm yet and came up woth an alternative. He was very good at making us feel like it was not hopeless. He set us up woth urologist to see my husband and gave us positive anecdotes
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ricardo Yazigi at Shady Grove Fertility?
Ask questions because he has the answers and will spend the time needed with you
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ricardo Yazigi at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Ricardo Yazigi used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Gonal f and menopur, these were upped very quickly as I was not responding, but once upped I was responding fine. Started ganirelix and then did egg retrieval. Because of my progesterone level the doctor recommended a freeze all and do a frozen transfer. He called personally to tell me that only 2 embryos were made. It was later that one more embryo got made but only 1made it to 6 day blastocyst We then got ready for frozen transfer with estrogen and progesterone injections Frozen transfer did not work
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie hernandez)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They are busy! Make sure if you’re doing ivf make the first appt available All of the staff was good and everyone was knowledgeable and compassionate. Don’t hesitate to do what they recommend and ask all the questions. Be sure to ask about discounts because they have some for the scripts
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ricardo Yazigi at Shady Grove Fertility.
My insurance covered 90% but the prescriptions were what was expensive about $11000 total with insurance but my insurance has a 25k lifetime maximum
Baltimore
2010 - 2011, Unsuccessful
Dr Yazigi clearly loves his work. At the same time, aside from our initial meeting and a skype meeting when we wanted to have a second child, we never met him. He was the one to make the phone calls when there was bad news, and he was always willing to talk on the phone when I had a question. I'd recommend him, but I'm not sure that another doctor at the practice would be just as good.
Shady Grove is big. At times it felt like I was on an assembly line. At the same time, the shared risk program is unbeatable. When attempts for a second child (with a new egg donor) were not successful, 100% of our money was refunded. We would have rather had another child, but at least we didn't lose the money from unsuccessful attempts...Doris Thomas was my main contact at the clinic. She was always present and accounted for. She answered my questions, was kind and sympathetic. Even though she was probably overseeing many patients, when I spoke with her I often felt like I was her only patient. She is great!
How was your experience with Ricardo Yazigi at Shady Grove Fertility?
Expect to be one of many patients. Expect someone who knows his stuff and loves his work, and someone who wants you to have a baby, but don't expect a lot of hand holding.
Dr. Yazigi was always either available to talk or returned my calls promptly. He spent the time with us that we needed to talk about what was happening. He was kind and sympathetic, especially when there was bad news.
My treatment was pretty straightforward: drugs to build up my uterine lining and drugs to help the embryo implant. We went straight for egg donation IVF, so not a lot of different protocols. Before treatment to get pregnant could begin, I did have a hysteroscopy, where he found polyps. I had them removed and then we moved forward with getting me pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Doris Thomas)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
About 40,000 including all meds and holistic support therapy (acupuncture, etc.) for the first try. This includes the shared risk fee for 1 donor/3 recipients. We also had our embryos tested for genetic problems before we transferred them.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
At the beginning, when I was scheduled for a hysteroscopy, I was prescribed too low a dose of the medication I needed. The procedure, for which we traveled out of town to the clinic and rented a hotel room, had to rescheduled so that I could take the right dose of medicine.
2006 - 2012, Successful
My second cycle was three days after my 35th birthday. Dr. Yagizi convinced me that I had to go with three embryos because I was of advanced maternal age, even if only by 3 days. And it was my second try. Thankfully I only ended up with twins. I liked all of the advice and treatments until I hyperstimulated and was hospitalized. That was awful and I had to have all the fluid drained four times!... I really liked Dr. Yagizi, but Dr. Katz was the doctor I usually saw and although I was able to have twins, I was hyperstimulated so badly for the second cycle that I had to be hospitalized for a week. That didn't give me a ton of confidence in them.
Check their [SGF- Towson] hyperstimulation rate. The doctors and nurses were great, but I think the treatment was way too aggressive considering they retrieved 21 eggs from just one ovary. Dr. Katz was great with giving me advice when I came in and he recommended going straight to IVF since I only had one ovary so my insurance would cover that. I do think he was misleading however when he explained the process because I was surprised he insisted on a second fresh retrieval for my second IVF even though I had plenty of frozen. I didn't understand that fresh was so much more effective than frozen.
How was your experience with Ricardo Yazigi at Shady Grove Fertility?
Make sure you don't get hyperstimulated!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Check their hyperstimulation rate. The doctors and nurses were great, but I think the treatment was way too aggressive considering they retrieved 21 eggs from just one ovary. Dr. Katz was great with giving me advice when I came in and he recommended going straight to IVF since I only had one ovary so my insurance would cover that. I do think he was misleading however when he explained the process because I was surprised he insisted on a second fresh retrieval for my second IVF even though I had plenty of frozen. I didn't understand that fresh was so much more effective than frozen.