4.8

201 Plumtree Road
Bel Air, MD 21015
410.569.0545

2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Yazigi took time to listen to my concerns. At consultations and follow up appointments he would go through all of my medical history so that we could make the most informed decisions together. ... He didn't mind calling me for additional consultations or questions. ... There were times after monitoring appointments that the chart was not read completely or marked incorrectly that lead to weird instructions from Dr. Yazigi that I had to follow up on. ...
The [Shady Grove] offer in house procedures and work to get approval from your insurance company. You are also assigned a financial person who makes sure you know what is and is not covered ahead of time. As far as weaknesses, there have been times that information has not been properly relayed which is why it is important that you advocate for yourself in your treatment. ... It has been hard to have stability and effects some communication by being shuffled from nurse to nurse.
How was your experience with Ricardo Yazigi at Shady Grove Fertility?
There were times after monitoring appointments that the chart was not read completely or marked incorrectly that lead to weird instructions from Dr. Yazigi that I had to follow up on. Otherwise, he treated me with respect often referencing his own daughters which gave me confidence in his opinion when we had decisions to make.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ricardo Yazigi at Shady Grove Fertility?
Allow him to explain things to you as you go but also do your own research and don't be afraid to advocate for yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ricardo Yazigi at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Yazigi took time to listen to my concerns. At consultations and follow up appointments he would go through all of my medical history so that we could make the most informed decisions together. He factored in my desires for treatment and what would get us the best outcome. He didn't mind calling me for additional consultations or questions.
Describe the protocols Ricardo Yazigi used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
When I first saw him in 2016, I was treated for anovulation and was put on 100 mg of clomid with a trigger shot. I was a slow responder but after continual observation I did respond and had a positive outcome that resulted in our son. I came back in 2018 to grow our family and started with a similar protocol but no longer responded to clomid. We upped the dose without change. We then switched to femara in which I responded and got pregnant on the second cycle but miscarried. We started femara again a month post miscarriage but did not have success leading to a hysteroscopy to check for scar tissue. No scar tissue was found and Dr. Yazigi said we may be partially unexplained. He recommended moving onto IUI but since we were out of pocket we decided to pursue shared risk IVF instead.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility.
Since I have been with SGF I have had four nurses. Rebecca was my nurse for my first round in 2016 and I loved her. When I came back I was originally assigned to Kristin who soon left for an alternative job. I then was transferred to Kelli and was with her for six months before she took another position. I am now assigned to Tina. It has been hard to have stability and effects some communication by being shuffled from nurse to nurse.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic has multiple locations that make it easy to schedule appointments for all services. The offer in house procedures and work to get approval from your insurance company. You are also assigned a financial person who makes sure you know what is and is not covered ahead of time. As far as weaknesses, there have been times that information has not been properly relayed which is why it is important that you advocate for yourself in your treatment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ricardo Yazigi at Shady Grove Fertility.
For timed intercourse, monitoring was covered by my insurance after copays were collected. I did pay for medications out of pocket. Shared risk IVF is costing 24,500 including PGS testing.
Describe Ricardo Yazigi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
I have not yet gotten to this point but I think eSET will be what is recommended due to my age. I am comfortable with this decision.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
I once had something marked in my chart as a follicle that was a cyst. This led to talks about selective reduction if a multiple pregnancy was the outcome. I also was told to trigger before I should have but could it prior to administering the medication.
Bel Air

Because I was traveling... for treatment, I really thought I would lose some personal interaction with my doctor. However, Dr. Yazigi went out of his way to speak to me as long as I needed while we were in Towson and made an effort on several occasions to call me and talk through my treatment options. He always took the time to be kind and to give me all the time I needed.
The clinic [Shady Grove] itself is very clean and the staff are very organized. I did all of my testing remotely though in another clinic. Therefore, I did not get the full experience of multiple visits to the clinic outside of procedures....Very strong preference for eSET....I loved that I had a direct email and could always email or talk with Elayne when I needed anything. She was very accessible.
How was your experience with Ricardo Yazigi at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Yazigi is practical and always measured my expectations in a thoughtful way. He under-promised and over-delivered in my case. He always took the time to talk to me and never rushed our appointments.
The same advice I would give any patient...take control of your health. Ask as many questions as you need to feel comfortable. Trust that Dr. Yazigi will give you thoughtful answers.
Because I was traveling from Birmingham, AL to Towson, MD for treatment, I really thought I would lose some personal interaction with my doctor. However, Dr. Yazigi went out of his way to speak to me as long as I needed while we were in Towson and made an effort on several occasions to call me and talk through my treatment options. He always took the time to be kind and to give me all the time I needed.
21 days BCP, Del Estogen (20 mg/ml) .2ml IM every third evening three weeks prior to FET, Progesterone in Oil (50 mg/ml) 1ml IM daily starting 5 days prior to FET. Del Estrogen and Progesterone in oil continued until 12 weeks. Prednisone and blood thinner also started a few days prior to procedure and continued through 14 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Elayne Kochis)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic itself is very clean and the staff are very organized. I did all of my testing remotely though in another clinic. Therefore, I did not get the full experience of multiple visits to the clinic outside of procedures.
I paid for the shared risk program with genetic testing. It was $27,500 fully refundable without success. Follow up transfers with remaining embryos were $4,600.
Very strong preference for eSET.

2014 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr Yazigi always has a pleasant demeanor and explains the processes in detail. He is never frustrated by all of my questions.... He made the whole process very comfortable, even for my timid and very private husband. He never treated us like we couldn't understand something he needed to explain... Dr Yazigi had me take Clomid. I had already tried Clomid 3 times but now we would monitor and do IUIs. We tried this twice and he told us that the odds of us getting pregnant were only getting lower, so we decided to try IUI once more with Clomid, and then move on. IVF was our next step because my hormone levels indicated a high response to injectibles, and trying for IUIs would likely result in cancelled cycles due to too many follicles. First round of IVF had poor fertilization but still resulted in a single day 5 embryo which was a live birth. Now that we are trying for our second child Dr Yazigi has decided to add ICSI to the regiment.
Excellent clinic [Shady Grove]. They have enough resources that anyone can start any type of cycle at any time. There are a lot of faces sometimes but they know exactly what they're doing.... Tina was excellent. She always kept me promptly up to date on what I was supposed to be doing, dosages and appointments I needed. She also made sure I had all of the donated medications she could get for me as a cash paying patient. Without her we would not have a son.
How was your experience with Ricardo Yazigi at Shady Grove Fertility?
He made the whole process very comfortable, even for my timid and very private husband. He never treated us like we couldn't understand something he needed to explain. Ultimately we had success and for that I am very grateful
He can be a little hard to understand but you get the hang of it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tina)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Excellent clinic. They have enough resources that anyone can start any type of cycle at any time. There are a lot of faces sometimes but they know exactly what they're doing.
IUIs were a flat rate per cycle ($1600), plus the cost of medications. When it came time for IVF we qualified for a shared risk program, which was 6 fresh cycles and unlimited frozen transfers for $20,000, plus the cost of medications. For our second child we decided to pay for a multi-cycle discount, $18,500 for two fresh and unlimited FETs. Diagnostic testing was covered at 80% by our insurance.
I would personally not choose to transfer more than one embryo so my doctor and I were on the same page about eSET
Bel Air

Dr Yazigi is a very blunt person who is not there to hold your hand, but to get you pregnant. He is very kind and caring. .. it was decided that I had unexplained infertility. Dr Yazigi decided that IUI was the best course of treatment...He was also a very busy man....Dr Yazigi was very busy, and I understood that. But most of the ultrasounds and the iui that worked were done by colleagues and not himself.... he isnt going to hold your hand through the process
Shady Grove was very welcoming. The staff always remembered me and greeted me by name. The office was clean and decorated very tastefully. The location was great and easily accessible. I loved that everything was done in house in one building...Becca was AMAZING. Genuinely there for me, and so beyond compassionate. She was so kind and caring. Really supported me and did whatever was needed to get me pregnant.
How was your experience with Ricardo Yazigi at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr Yazigi is a very blunt person who is not there to hold your hand, but to get you pregnant. He is very kind and caring. Who will go out of his way if needed to help a patient in need. He was very warm and understanding. He was also a very busy man. While I was never rushed, he did take a phone call during my initial consult that made me feel like "Wow he really cares for his patients." But also thinking why am I not his number 1 concern as I awkwardly sit in his office.
Dont be afraid of his bluntness. Don't feel hurt that unlike some of his colleagues he isnt going to hold your hand through the process. You have a nurse for that.
After all the tests it was decided that I had unexplained infertility. Dr Yazigi decided that IUI was the best course of treatment. I appreciated that he didnt jump to IVF since we didnt need it. The first cycle the egg didnt mature as fast as he wanted, and on the day of the insemination my husbands sperm count was low. Dr Yazigi said as far as the egg went that I will need injectables if this one doesnt take, and as far as the sperm count I'd need IVF if this round didn't work. It didnt work. So for the next cycle we did IUI again but added injectables after the clomid.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Becca)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
My insurance covered 100% of labs and tests after the $1k deductible. My insurance covered 90% of the iui acter deductible. They however did not cover prescriptions very well.
Towson
[Dr.] Yazigi was very welcoming, open and honest. He gave us the facts and statistics, he laid out our treatment options and literally said "here is your menu, I am your waiter". It felt like he was part of this team with us...He has an accent listen carefully...We did increase the medications because I didn't respond as fast as Yazigi was expecting. I retrieved 17 eggs, 15 were mature, 12 fertilized normally. We transferred one and froze 6. Right now I am 26 weeks pregnant...
Shady Grove is great. It is a very large network of doctors which in the beginning can seem like a lot but usually you will be at your smaller local office were things aren't overwhelming. The nice thing about being so large is you can have your monitoring at any office with in the practice. If you know one day you have an early work day and another office is closer to your office that's fine schedule your monitoring with them...
How was your experience with Ricardo Yazigi at Shady Grove Fertility?
He has an accent listen carefully.
I felt like a human because everyone knew my name when I got to the office in the morning. They didn't have to look up my chart before they new what I was there for. The weekend monitoring in the larger office could sometimes be a little more impersonal but usually there was someone there working on the weekend that was from my local clinic so I would always have a familiar face.
I had 3 IUI cycles, two with clomid and one with another medication the name of which escapes me. I also took medication for lining thickening and to maintain the pregnancy after IUI. Then I did 1 IVF cycle. My IVF medications were pretty normal; Gonal-f, Menopur, Ganirelix, and HSG shot. We did increase the medications because I didn't respond as fast as Yazigi was expecting. I retrieved 17 eggs, 15 were mature, 12 fertilized normally. We transferred one and froze 6. Right now I am 26 weeks pregnant.
Tina was my nurse for the majority of my treatments. Unfortunately she left the practice in between my egg retrieval and positive pregnancy test. While she was there is was amazing and I have always wanted to run into her and let her know It Worked! I'm pregnant.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Monitoring appointments were really easy and fast for me. I usually wanted the earliest appointment, there was always someone there and I would get in and out fairly quickly.
My insurance covered most of our costs. We generally had $30 co pay but that was it. Insurance also covered most of the medication costs.