Richard (Dick) Blackwell

FellowshipUAB Hospital
Birmingham
1700 6th Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35233
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Richard (Dick) Blackwell to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University of Alabama Birmingham to a friend?
Dr Blackwell always answered my questions,even if there were tons and put my mind at ease. Even when I have questions at an appointment that wasn’t scheduled to see him; he always popped in and answered them. He gave me realistic expectations and was there every step of the way. ... He will only do 3-4 IUIs before referring to IVF. ... The first scan measured smaller follicles than he would have liked so the next month we added ovidrel.
How was your experience with Richard (Dick) Blackwell at University of Alabama Birmingham?
He was very responsive to any questions I had and set out a realistic time frame and expectations. The onlt thing that bothered me a little was not seeing him as often as I liked but he would pop in if I ever needed questions answered. I will say that he always made an effort to schedule as many things in one day as possible and get medications to me quickly since I travel 90 minutes one way so I appreciated that.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard (Dick) Blackwell at University of Alabama Birmingham?
Pray
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Richard (Dick) Blackwell at University of Alabama Birmingham?
Describe the protocols Richard (Dick) Blackwell used in your cycles at University of Alabama Birmingham and their degree of success.
I started out with just taking letrozole I believe (after the initial bloodwork and consult of course) and measuring follicles around day 11-12. After no pregnancy; he quickly resorted to IUI so we continued with the follicle measuring,letrozole,and added Gonal-f. The first scan measured smaller follicles than he would have liked so the next month we added ovidrel. We continue this until i decided to take a break in October. It became a lot financially and emotionally. He will only do 3-4 IUIs before referring to IVF.
The nursing staff was always amazing. They really made me feel like I mattered and answered any questions I had.
Describe your experience with University of Alabama Birmingham.
Strengths: Quick to respond Explained every visit/procedure thoroughly Clean Online portal was always updated Check in was easy My opinion mattered Weakness: Appointment sometimes took a while Didn’t see the actual doctor much but I understand
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard (Dick) Blackwell at University of Alabama Birmingham.
Co-pays and some lab work that was covered
Describe Richard (Dick) Blackwell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University of Alabama Birmingham.
None
Richard (Dick) Blackwell
University of Alabama Birmingham
Birmingham

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Richard (Dick) Blackwell at University of Alabama Birmingham.