Good

U. of Pittsburgh
USC

not available by email
Richard Legro works at

Hershey Medical Center (Penn State)

Hershey
500 University Drive
Hershey, PA 17033

1 patient review filtered by:

2015, Unsuccessful
He [Dr Legro] was nice and had good bedside manners but I think he missed adding in Ganirelix early enough in my cycle causing my estrogen to drop, which resulted in them canceling my cycle. I was very distraught, angry, and disappointed after this happened. I'm glad I found a new doctor who I fully trust. This is just speculative but I think the doctor forgot to tell me to start taking Ganirelix. My estrogen levels dropped on day 11 and they cancelled my cycle. I worry that it was either a lab error with my blood tests that day or the Ganirelix was added too late. On day 9 I had started seeing another dr at the practice and she said "I see you're taking Ganirelix" but I had not been instructed by the doctor the previous day to start taking it. In addition, I had my own estrogen test completed the next day and my estrogen was quadruple what it was on day 11 when it dropped so it also could've been a lab error.
I felt like a lab rat while I was at Hershey. There were always a lot of people in the waiting room and we were all taken back and treated the same. I felt like he didn't pay careful attention to my specific protocol. They get so many patients and they get used to treating everyone the same. I was an IVF patient and I got the feeling the most people were there for IUI....I started out seeing Dr. Dodson. He's the one that "sold" us on IVF. He developed my protocol but I never saw him during my cycle. My protocol was 100 IU of Follistim. Ganirelix was added in but not until day 9, which seemed very late to me. I think this is the reason my estrogen dropped and my cycle was cancelled. The trigger shot was going to be ovidrel but I never got to that point.
How was your experience with Richard Legro at Hershey Medical Center (Penn State)?
He was nice and had good bedside manners but I think he missed adding in Ganirelix early enough in my cycle causing my estrogen to drop, which resulted in them canceling my cycle. I was very distraught, angry, and disappointed after this happened. I'm glad I found a new doctor who I fully trust.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Legro at Hershey Medical Center (Penn State)?
Make sure you're asking questions and double checking your next steps.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Richard Legro at Hershey Medical Center (Penn State)?
Describe the protocols Richard Legro used in your cycles at Hershey Medical Center (Penn State) and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Hershey Medical Center (Penn State). (Assigned nurse: Joni)
Joni was very nice. I enjoyed working with her.
Describe your experience with Hershey Medical Center (Penn State).
I didn't like that monitoring appointments were a free-for-all. It was on first come, first serve basis. The mornings there were always busy and the waiting room is not cozy at all. I felt like I was in a hospital waiting room...actually, that's basically what it was.
What specific things went wrong at Hershey Medical Center (Penn State)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Hershey Medical Center (Penn State).
Richard Legro
Hershey Medical Center (Penn State)
Hershey