Medical SchoolU. of Virginia
FellowshipEastern Virginia Jones
140 Allen Road
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
908-604-7800
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Richard Scott to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of New Jersey to a friend?
8 IUI, IVF, 11 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Brace yourself for honesty. He [Dr. Richard Scott] is a good doctor and will explain in a way you can understand as much as you want to know about your diagnosis and treatment, but he also won't sugarcoat. Ultimately, though, it was his brilliant mind and his resolve to stay on the cutting edge of the field that turned over that last stone that got me pregnant with 2 healthy girls,
8 IUI, IVF, 11 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Richard Scott at RMA of New Jersey?
He is absolutely brilliant, but I think at this point he would rather her focus on research and making strides in the field rather than working with individual patients. He was at some points dismissive of my concerns, which led him to overlook something major. In the end, I was right, and it cost us a failed FET with some very expensive embryos.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Scott at RMA of New Jersey?
Brace yourself for honesty. He is a good doctor and will explain in a way you can understand as much as you want to know about your diagnosis and treatment, but he also won't sugarcoat. Ultimately, though, it was his brilliant mind and his resolve to stay on the cutting edge of the field that turned over that last stone that got me pregnant with 2 healthy girls,
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Richard Scott at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Scott was simultaneously candid but also very warm when I first consulted with him in 2014, and the desk often tried to schedule my procedures with him if possible. After I became pregnant and suffered a late-term loss, I returned to his care in 2015, and he had changed. He seemed disinterested in continuing to see patients and exasperated with my placing demands on his time for scheduled follow-up consultations.
Describe the protocols Richard Scott used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
We did high-stim ivf micro-flare protocols with human growth hormone. They were freeze-all cycles wherein we tested the embryos and followed with FETs of euploid blastocysts.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Adrienne Frankel)
Adrienne is the total package - meticulous, patient, compassionate. She is rooting for you. I honestly don't know how I would have survived this last leg of my ivf journey without her.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
It runs like a well-oiled machine. Sometimes getting a call-back from people other than my nurse proved frustrating, but in the grand scheme, they were highly efficient,
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey.
Highly efficient
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Scott at RMA of New Jersey.
We were paying for the ivf procedures out-of-pocket but testing and consults were covered. We spent a lot of money there.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?
2011 - 2013
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
[Dr.] Richard Scott is incredibly knowledgeable, and always took to the time to explain everything to me. He clearly cares both about his patients and about their success...Just understand that he won't be the only person working with you. Your point person will be a nurse; and other doctors could be the ones performing the procedures. But he oversees your case completely, and knows what he's doing...he changed what was not working from my previous clinic, and was able to lead me to successful pregnancies twice.
2011 - 2013
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Richard Scott at RMA of New Jersey?
Richard Scott is incredibly intelligent, and cares very deeply for the work that he does. He understands that he is working with human beings, and that each case is unique. He was always willing to answer any questions that we had.
Honestly, it was years ago, and I've put it out of my mind. I can tell you that he changed what was not working from my previous clinic, and was able to lead me to successful pregnancies twice. He looks at the specifics of YOUR case. My meds and protocol won't be the same as yours, because we are different people will different issues, who react differently to different medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Adrienne Kramer)
The nurse is your point person. Any question you have, she/he is available for you. My nurse was incredibly helpful during the processes, and having her available was invaluable.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
They have one of the best labs in the country. For me, this was essential. I had plenty of eggs retrieved, but they were very poor quality, and the ability of the lab to cultivate them to day 5 was essential. RMANJ is very large, and this bothers some people. I had no trouble with it, especially with the help of my nurse coordinator. The doctors are all top notch, and I found every one of them (whether doing consultations, ultrasounds, retrievals, or transfers) to be compassionate and wonderful.
Most of it was covered by insurance, but if I didn't have insurance it would have been around $20,000.
Describe Richard Scott's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Because of my low quality eggs, I only had 1 embryo to transfer my 1st round with Dr. Scott. My second round, I had 2 remaining, and as it was likely our last shot at it, we decided to transfer both. Dr. Scott was supportive. Only one survived, and I now have 2 beautiful sons.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
I saw dr scott only once. I scheduled phone calls though and those calls happened on time and as expected. he had plenty of time for talk and always called in a quiet place with availability to chat. I never felt like he rushed me. he talked to me in a respectful manner quoting stats so I could easily understand them...always very kind, but gave information readily. my questions and concerns were always handles with dignity and respect
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Richard Scott at RMA of New Jersey?
to clearly hear him, ask pertinent questions and rely on what he says. my results were exactly what he predicted them to be.
we did 2 cycles together. they consisted of follistim and menopur. I was against the use of BC and dr scott allowed me not to use it
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: mary ellen)
I loved working with mary ellen. I hated always having to leave a message and wait for a call back but, her VM always stated her working hours and when to exect a call back. the call backs always came the same day although at times it was frustrating to wait for the calls. mary ellen is extremely knowledgable and compassionate. there was nothing I could ask her or tell her
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I found rmanj to be very good at what they do. the billing team, the nursing staff and all the misc clinicians were friendly, respectful, and knowledgeable. the basking ridge location is beautiful, though in the middle of nowhere!
I was monitored at RMANY for my cycle at RMANJ so cannot describe this experience at NJ
I recall it was more expensive then treatment in NY
dr scott firmly believes in a SET. he states the goal is to bring a healthy child home from the hospital. not 2 or 3 or 6. however, he can be persuaded under certain conditions to alter his approach.
2012 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Scott is extremely kind and thorough. I had been through two other fertility specialists before him and had completed numerous IVF cycles. He consistently shows compassion and is realistic. He is extremely humble even though he has numerous accolades... Dr. Scott is wonderful to us. He is aware of the intricacies of my case and works to best meet my needs...I have had numerous losses. I receive the highest dosage of medicine and Dr. Scott monitors me very carefully.
2012 - 2018
How was your experience with Richard Scott at RMA of New Jersey?
As I stated before, my husband and I have had numerous experiences with other fertility specialists. Dr. Scott is wonderful to us. He is aware of the intricacies of my case and works to best meet my needs.
I would give this advice to any patient not just Dr. Scott's, but the advice is to be your best advocate. Ask lots of questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The office is well organized and BIG! At times, it feels a little overwhelming. The front office and lab are very kind, which is a plus as you visit these areas a lot. The finance dept. is also helpful. Overall, for driving well over 2 hours to get to the office we have been very happy with our visits.
There process is well-organized. It can be busy on the weekend, but that is normal for most places.
My husband had Bank of America benefits, which completely pays for all infertility costs.
I am a multiple embryo patient, which is not heard of these days. Dr. Scott and my husband and I always discuss the approach and why he recommends it.
2003 - 2010
2 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Scott was a small part of a large team of doctors and nurses in this office. I met with him at the beginning of this process and my communication was most directly with my assigned nurse who I spoke with almost daily. I was a seasoned IVF patient at the point I moved to RMA, and went to the office because of their success rate...Trust in his experience...
2003 - 2010
2 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Trust in his experience
Very busy office... you do not see the same doctor every time you go
Sorry I can not be specific. Both cycles involved injections, donor eggs, and transfers... this was over 10 years ago
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey.
Nurses communication was key at this office. Callbacks werecompleted daily.. questions were answered daily.. and concerns were forwarded to the attending doctor or your primary doctor. My. Ursewas wonderful
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Busy... several locations... the lab tech werewonderful and very compassionate... office was organized.
This is a walk in sign in kinda place. No apts needed for blood work or ultra sounds. Hours started at 6:00 or 6:30 am
Morristown